Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

epic bieberfied posted:

OMB, hee has some awesome #skills in soccer:) #justsayin…

ahhaa,

#skills #beast #SWAG (;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

T. Finn posted:

argh get murdered, shut up!!!!

You should ban the poster who brought the subject of LeBron up... :)

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Nurein Ahmed posted:

Faisal riaz you are not a true united fan. If michael owen wasnt a proffessional, he wudnt hav made it at the highest level. He is more likely to b gvn another 2year contract. Owen the master of dramatic strikes

Gotta love the Sky Sports match report comments.

josip broz tifo
Feb 5, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

TyChan posted:

That's the reason this emoticon was made: :shepicide:

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

From here

Borogrove
Apr 12, 2008

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

poor manchine :smith:

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Jay is better than Mascherano IMO. Why, because he is scouse

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Ninpo posted:

Gotta love the Sky Sports match report comments.

Master of Dramatic Strikes :allears:

delicious beef
Feb 5, 2006

:allears::allears::allears::allears::allears::allears:
:golfclap:

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

A wonderful comment on a CNNSI article about Leonardo's job security at Inter...

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/276630?eref=sircrc&eref=fromSI#ixzz1JK4VZYGR

quote:

Who cares, it's soccer.

Soccer is played by many kids in the US only because it is CHEAP, not because it is their favorite sport.

You people are nuts.

Soccer is a joke and is incomprehensible.

Soccer will never be popular in the USA.

Even boring rear end baseball is better than soccer.

Womens basketball is better than soccer.

Elementary school dodge ball is better than soccer.

Soccer is the most popular sport in countries that either don't have other choices, are poverty stricken or both. All you need is some open space and a single ball. Think of the countries that don't fall under these categories and their favorite sports, USA - football, Japan - baseball, Canada - Hockey, Australia - Rugby. etc

Maybe he's trolling and I just don't get the joke.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

TyChan posted:

A wonderful comment on a CNNSI article about Leonardo's job security at Inter...

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/276630?eref=sircrc&eref=fromSI#ixzz1JK4VZYGR

Maybe he's trolling and I just don't get the joke.

Did you ever read the "soccer" threads in GBS?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

euroboy posted:

Did you ever read the "soccer" threads in GBS?

What are the soccer threads usually about, though? I find it really weird that someone would search out a specific story about club soccer that would only be of interest to a subset of fans just to launch some general attack on the sport as a whole.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TyChan posted:

What are the soccer threads usually about, though? I find it really weird that someone would search out a specific story about club soccer that would only be of interest to a subset of fans just to launch some general attack on the sport as a whole.

Helps to convince themselves that the sport they like that's only really followed by one country is big and relevant.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Any soccer article on Canadian news websites is like that too. There's usually about 30 comments, 2 of them will be from some random guy saying soccer sucks, 20 will be responding to that and the last 8 will be about the actual article.

If it helps any though, I think that particular guy was just trolling because he drops these later in the same comments section:

quote:

Farfan is kind of an idiot. Magath works his players hard, but he's largely responsible for Schalke being one small step away from their first ever CL semi-final. He did get them to the quarter-finals.

Their fitness is all Magath and it should be pointed out, the team is as well. Other than Manuel Neuer, Benedikt Howedes and Jefferson Farfan, all other Schalke players that participated in the match were brought to Schalke by Magath.

quote:

Magath works his players physically harder than any manager in the Bundesliga, by far. The day after he took over Wolfsburg after getting fired by Schalke, he had the entire roster winded with side-cramps. There's a reason he's known as physical demon. South Americans are probably going to have the most issue with this management style.

Bottom line is Magath took Wolfsburg to the first title in their history and took Schalke to the Champions League quarter-finals and the final of the German Cup this season. Last season he had them finish second in the Bundesliga. Hard to argue Magath is not a good coach.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

vyelkin posted:

something about magath and schalke

but everything he says in those comments is true???

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ephex posted:

but everything he says in those comments is true???

I know. That's what I'm saying, those are written by the same 'anti-soccer' person quote TyChan found, so he's totally just trolling with the first one.

Edit: To contribute, this is the kind of comment we often get on soccer articles here in Canada:

quote:

Soccer is ok, but as someone else pointed out earlier, soccer is the game you play while waiting for your skates to get sharpened in the hallway.
I hope the Whitecaps will play all their games at Empire Field and not BC Place!
The latter is reserved for the "other' football team, the game real men play!

Go Canucks, all the way!

Or

quote:

Does anyone outside to toronto or vancouver care about soccer, football, whatever u wanna call it

vyelkin fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 12, 2011

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

quote:

Hi all

I woulds like the views of everyone concerning whether pepe reina will
stay if we fale to get europeopn football

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

TyChan posted:

Usually some sort of story on popularity of world sports

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Thanks Caroll. I have been waiting for this memorable moment.I feel very proud that you have hit the target as I WAS THE FIRST ONE HERE TO DARE SAY TO SELL TORRES AND PUT THE CASH ON YOU. And I did receive lot of critics.. By the way, it was Mr Comoli who did get the credits.. Well, I am waiting to see the very best of you

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Chuggo posted:

Thanks Caroll. I have been waiting for this memorable moment.I feel very proud that you have hit the target as I WAS THE FIRST ONE HERE TO DARE SAY TO SELL TORRES AND PUT THE CASH ON YOU. And I did receive lot of critics.. By the way, it was Mr Comoli who did get the credits.. Well, I am waiting to see the very best of you

...brapbrapbrap?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Quite frankly I don't really mind who makes the shirt as long as it's of good quality, looks good, fits well, and most importantly goes up to decent sizes.

Suppliers like Adidas and Puma can go up to 8XL, so I don't see why other manufacturers can't.

Chances are however that we'll get a piece of tat that goes up to 4XL at the most, so it'll be another frustrating season of having no shirt...

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!

Blue Screen Error posted:

Quite frankly I don't really mind who makes the shirt as long as it's of good quality, looks good, fits well, and most importantly goes up to decent sizes.

Suppliers like Adidas and Puma can go up to 8XL, so I don't see why other manufacturers can't.

Chances are however that we'll get a piece of tat that goes up to 4XL at the most, so it'll be another frustrating season of having no shirt...

From a Norwich fan?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Unfortunately yeah, it is.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

:wtf: :psyduck:

Wow

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Fatty spotted :btroll:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
with no morals

except for the crisps

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

8XL can't exist surely

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

thehappyprince posted:

8XL can't exist surely

Even the highest NFL jerseys go is 4x and you have to special order those and poo poo, that's literally insane anyway. 8x would be the size of a parachute

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Googled it and found

http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag/products/kit_selector.aspx?pid=83523

This chelsea top goes up to 7xl. I don't know how big that is because the size guide stops at 4x. Ridonkulous

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

thehappyprince posted:

Googled it and found

http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag/products/kit_selector.aspx?pid=83523

This chelsea top goes up to 7xl. I don't know how big that is because the size guide stops at 4x. Ridonkulous

I think I could use an 8xl for a tent

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

I need to see the human chode that has a 5'9" chest

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
My shirt size isn't even on that list. Am I too small to be an american?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Byolante posted:

My shirt size isn't even on that list. Am I too small to be an american?

it's a list of xl sizes only don't be a dumbass

josip broz tifo
Feb 5, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

thehappyprince posted:

I need to see the human chode that has a 5'9" chest

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
# Jeff 2011-04-14 00:10:
I can't stop looking at this kit. I'm a Manchester United fan and I hate Liverpool and never gave one thought about buying one of their kits. But this is seriously one of the best kits I've seen in a long time and I'm actually sitting here trying to justify buying it. What is wrong with me??

I love silver and black so that is probably why I love it so much but I also love the pinstripes and the little red stripe in the collar. I'm also a Nike by the way but this is a World Class kit. Well done Adidas. Hope Nike can produce something similar for United one day.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

c0burn posted:

# Jeff 2011-04-14 00:10:
I can't stop looking at this kit. I'm a Manchester United fan and I hate Liverpool and never gave one thought about buying one of their kits. But this is seriously one of the best kits I've seen in a long time and I'm actually sitting here trying to justify buying it. What is wrong with me??

I love silver and black so that is probably why I love it so much but I also love the pinstripes and the little red stripe in the collar. I'm also a Nike by the way but this is a World Class kit. Well done Adidas. Hope Nike can produce something similar for United one day.

It's a pretty nice shirt to be fair

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

c0burn posted:

I'm also a Nike by the way

Haha, what the gently caress?

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

get ready to read some badposts b*tch!! - fdr to hitler, 1972
Not exactly a post but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

quote:

this is weird, don't know if it's genuine but i've just noticed the purple aki on twitter @The_Purple_Aki

do you really think its genuine