Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

"Patience, young grasshopper."

Mr Beens posted:

Waking the dead was excellent

Having you seen the "body farm" thing? That looks like it could be quite cool. Although Eve is one of the weirder characters in Waking the Dead.

So sad it's over...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Do people not like Balls of Steel? What's not to like about someone jumping onto a bed of cacti naked-arse-first? It's great drunken wind-down material.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Akuma posted:

Do people not like Balls of Steel? What's not to like about someone jumping onto a bed of cacti naked-arse-first? It's great drunken wind-down material.

Balls of Steel was very very hit-and-miss but it gave us Alex Zane when he was funny and the Bunny Boiler and I will stand by Randy Campbell's Insane Stunts as being sheer brilliance.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Moogulus Caesar posted:

Hopefully not.

Your thoughts and opinions are your own, of course, but they're wrong. School of Comedy is actually more irritating and less amusing than Balls of Steel.

Let that sink in.

Yes. It's the most annoying and least funny thing on television. Quite an achievement!

But seriously though, don't watch it. Not unless they have a special where Ian Huntley and Myra Hindley go berserk on the cast with machetes.

I just can't fathom anything about it. It literally has no redeeming qualities and is like someone is actually trying to troll anyone who watches TV.

They're kids, pretending they're adults, carrying out somewhat pre-watershed jokes that are not only not funny, but outright cringeworthy (fat white ginger kid pretending he's Idi Amin opening a fruit and veg store, really? :psyduck:) with a horrible canned laughter track and aired at 11pm.

It's almost like an "adult" version of those kids shows you get on BBC at 4pm.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Kin posted:

I just can't fathom anything about it. It literally has no redeeming qualities and is like someone is actually trying to troll anyone who watches TV.

They're kids, pretending they're adults, carrying out somewhat pre-watershed jokes that are not only not funny, but outright cringeworthy (fat white ginger kid pretending he's Idi Amin opening a fruit and veg store, really? :psyduck:) with a horrible canned laughter track and aired at 11pm.

It's almost like an "adult" version of those kids shows you get on BBC at 4pm.
This might seem like a strange comment, but the little cockney boy who's sort of the "head performer" in it is probably one to watch for the future. I'm not saying he's flat out hilarious (at all), but for a child actor in a comedy show he definitely has comedy timing and I think he has potential when he get's older. I'm sure if you looked at someone like David Mitchell, he wouldn't have been a great actor when he was 13 or so either. Once he gets put in something proper then I think that kid could be really good.

Unfortunately, School of Comedy is wank, yes.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Do you mean the kid that was in Son of Rambow? Because he was legitimately good in that film.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Akuma posted:

Do you mean the kid that was in Son of Rambow? Because he was legitimately good in that film.
I never saw it, but I looked it up and yeah that's the kid I mean, Will Poulter. Wikipedia says he's won a few "newcomer" awards.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Hoops posted:

I never saw it, but I looked it up and yeah that's the kid I mean, Will Poulter. Wikipedia says he's won a few "newcomer" awards.

Yeah he was great in Son of Rambow. He was also Eustace in Voyage of the Dawn Treader recently, I haven't seen it but apparently he's good in that too.

Rarity posted:

Balls of Steel was very very hit-and-miss but it gave us Alex Zane when he was funny and the Bunny Boiler and I will stand by Randy Campbell's Insane Stunts as being sheer brilliance.

I wish there were more Randy Campbell bits, they're fantastic. Jehovah C Clark! I like some of The Annoying Devil's bits as well, and it might just be me but Neg is consistently hilarious.

Always enjoy the Pain Men too, but I'm one of those weirdos who actually likes Dirty Sanchez.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Mickolution posted:

Maybe "warm to" was the wrong term to use. I don't dislike the character as much as I did first time around. He's a dickhead, but not as bad a character as I thought first time around.

Fair enough.

To be honest I kept expecting some big revelation that he'd seen or been through something particularly traumatic during Katrina that would be explained as the route cause of his drug abuse, self destructive behaviour and relationship ending issues. Annie had been with him for over a year prior, presumably with him being a nice enough person. Turns out he's just a cock.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Lurchibles posted:

Having you seen the "body farm" thing? That looks like it could be quite cool. Although Eve is one of the weirder best characters in Waking the Dead.

So sad it's over...

"I thought you said you weren't going to be here til the morning?"
*Looks at watch" "It is morning"

I like how Waking the Dead resolved the series without actually resolving anything. Boyd is still a wanted man, clearing him requires obscene amounts of evidence (most of it inadmissible and illegal obtained), they can't actually prove that the son was the murderer, and Spence will never work in the police again.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
Christ, just watched todays Pointless, one contestant thought Peter Mandelson was in the Coalition cabinet, and only ~47% of the responders could name David Cameron as a member.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Actually no, Coming of Age is/was the worst comedy on TV in the past 5 years.

Also Balls of Steel had some pretty good segments on it, Thaila Zucchi :allears:

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Cerv posted:

Fair enough.

To be honest I kept expecting some big revelation that he'd seen or been through something particularly traumatic during Katrina that would be explained as the route cause of his drug abuse, self destructive behaviour and relationship ending issues. Annie had been with him for over a year prior, presumably with him being a nice enough person. Turns out he's just a cock.

It's still possible that it'll come out in the next series, but I think the implication is there anyway, similar to Chris in The Wire. In the flashback scene where we see the storm hitting, you see him and Annie and he was very different.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I hope we get more of The Chief in the next episode. He is my personal favourite character.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I've been really enjoying Friday Night Dinner. Mark Heap is always fantastic.

What?

What?

What?

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"

Ratjaculation posted:

What?

What?

What?

Agreed. I really do love that man.

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

"Patience, young grasshopper."

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I like how Waking the Dead resolved the series without actually resolving anything. Boyd is still a wanted man, clearing him requires obscene amounts of evidence (most of it inadmissible and illegal obtained), they can't actually prove that the son was the murderer, and Spence will never work in the police again.

It's a very very clever TV programme, and I agree they resolved it without resolving anything but it definitely feels like the series came to a good close.

Sad to see it go, might have to pick up the older ones on DVD.

alexnessie
Jun 12, 2005

[.........Elysium.........]
Right, I've been searching everywhere to find out what on earth this program was called, but all I get back is "Skins" or "Coming of Age", and it's sure as poo poo neither of them.

It was set in a college, most of it took place in one room, rarely venturing out of the room but they did leave it once or twice. I can only remember one character, "Weird Bloke", who turned out to be a girl, and her room had a black door, possibly covered in loads of gothic imagery, and whenever the room was opened there was a creepy viber about the inside.

It aired on BBC (not sure which BBC channel, I only caught it on iPlayer).

Any ideas?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I only caught the end of the second part, but are you talking about the murdered cop chick. What other evidence do they have other than she was found in his shed? Forensics probably wouldn't find a scrap of evidence actually pointing to him and with that tape recording that at least implicates the corrupt copper, then a bit of detective/forensic work in that direction would probably find something more concrete. Especially if they go digging about in her car, which is probably one of her last known locations.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Kin posted:

I only caught the end of the second part, but are you talking about the murdered cop chick. What other evidence do they have other than she was found in his shed? Forensics probably wouldn't find a scrap of evidence actually pointing to him and with that tape recording that at least implicates the corrupt copper, then a bit of detective/forensic work in that direction would probably find something more concrete. Especially if they go digging about in her car, which is probably one of her last known locations.

Oh yeah, I'm sure he'd get off eventually. But it would take years and be the kind of scandal that would end the careers of everyone involved. At the very least Boyd and Spence are accessories to murder after setting up the coppers execution.

drat good ending though. I liked the callbacks to all the people Boyd's got killed over the years, the aftermath of Mel's death was brutal.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

alexnessie posted:

Right, I've been searching everywhere to find out what on earth this program was called, but all I get back is "Skins" or "Coming of Age", and it's sure as poo poo neither of them.

It was set in a college, most of it took place in one room, rarely venturing out of the room but they did leave it once or twice. I can only remember one character, "Weird Bloke", who turned out to be a girl, and her room had a black door, possibly covered in loads of gothic imagery, and whenever the room was opened there was a creepy viber about the inside.

It aired on BBC (not sure which BBC channel, I only caught it on iPlayer).

Any ideas?
Off the Hook

alexnessie
Jun 12, 2005

[.........Elysium.........]

Oben posted:

Off the Hook

Thank you!

I see series 2 still hasn't been made yet. :(

slotbadger
Jul 19, 2007
hey deadhead - take a bite of peach.

Ratjaculation posted:

What?

What?

What?

I watched the first two episodes and it didn't take. Finished the series off last week, it's actually pretty good. The final episode in particular was excellent.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Thank you, BBC2, for showing me what Chris O'Dowd's balls, arse, and cock look like.

I am never watching The IT Crowd again.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009
Just watched first series of Misfits and halfway through the second and you were all right - it IS great. I also watched and enjoyed Friday Night Dinner though I thought it looked awful from the clips because of recommendations in this thread.

So thanks! :) And if anyone else hasn't watched Misfits go do it now.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.

thehustler posted:

Thank you, BBC2, for showing me what Chris O'Dowd's balls, arse, and cock look like.

Have you tried turning him on and off again? :pervert:

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

:golfclap:

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

thehustler posted:

What the hell were you watching?

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

Flatscan posted:

What the hell were you watching?

I assume he's talking about Crimson Petal and the White.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

thehustler posted:

Did you kiss his bottom?

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Pretty sure he got his cock out in Festival too. Ball-watch.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

slotbadger posted:

I watched the first two episodes and it didn't take. Finished the series off last week, it's actually pretty good. The final episode in particular was excellent.

Yeah, the ending was really predictable but the whole build up was worth it. "So the female... Lovely girl."

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I think I'm in love with Joy from Drop the Dead Donkey.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Dear Channel 4.

If Brooker just did a funny segment on the Grand National, there's no point Jimmy doing another one five minutes later. It's flogging a dead horse.

Yours faithfully,
Pablo Bluth.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
That guy with the gray hair on the panel (on 10 o clock) was he an Apprentice candidate or am I mad? If not I really need to know where I recognise him from.

Edit: They finally showed his name and I googled it. Yep, he was on The Apprentice

WaffleACAB fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 14, 2011

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine
Is that guy drunk?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Wafflecop posted:

That guy with the gray hair on the panel (on 10 o clock) was he an Apprentice candidate or am I mad? If not I really need to know where I recognise him from.
Yarp. James Max from the original series. He's found a career as a business commentator.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Max

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!

Wafflecop posted:

It's James Max, he was on the first series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Max

I had to look that up, because I thought I recognised him too but couldn't think where from.

That Keiser guy is a maniac - I'd love to see him set loose in a room full of bankers.

N3RDSTER
Mar 27, 2010
Why is the man on 10 o'Clock Live shouting so much?
:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

N3RDSTER posted:

Why is the man on 10 o'Clock Live shouting so much?
:psyduck:

He's angry. So angry he can only spout platitudes.