Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Ragequit posted:

Is there a way to remove the free games automatically added to your list when you create a GOG account? I realize it's OCD as gently caress, but I really only want Tyrian 2000 of the 4 that automatically appear.

What? What free games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Ragequit posted:

Is there a way to remove the free games automatically added to your list when you create a GOG account? I realize it's OCD as gently caress, but I really only want Tyrian 2000 of the 4 that automatically appear.

You could probably just sort your games manually and put the ones you don't want at the bottom where you can't see them. I don't think there's a way to completely remove games from your library, even if they're free.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

scamtank posted:

What? What free games?

Tyrian2000, teen agent, lure of the temptress, beneath a steel sky

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

And Beneath a Steel Sky is awesome. What is wrong with you?

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Saoshyant posted:

And Beneath a Steel Sky is awesome. What is wrong with you?

It suuuuuuure is!

Lamacq
Jun 15, 2001

Breezeblock RIP
That's weird, the only free game I got was Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games. Not that I'm really interested in any of the free games they've offered.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I think it used to be the case that you had to purchase those free games before they showed up on your account. I remember receiving receipts for them in my inbox. Maybe they changed it for new accounts at some point.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Lamacq posted:

That's weird, the only free game I got was Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games. Not that I'm really interested in any of the free games they've offered.

You can just go there and "buy" them for $0.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

UselessLurker posted:

http://lparchive.org/Outlaws/

Definitely LA.

Oh christ, I barely skim this thread these days, but if Outlaws works on a modern pc I'm calling up my old college friends and we are 'reconnecting'.

Wow.

Time to check Gog.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

GOG posted:

Stay tuned to this news post, as the live stream video window will be embedded here soon.
The last time I was this F5 F5 F5 was during the TF2 Engineer update. :allears:

Liquid Q
Aug 10, 2007
Stupid Newbie?
Unfortunately there's an hour of witching before the interesting bits happen. :argh:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

If anyone wants to tune in to the Witcher stuff before the big announcement, the stream has been embedded in this news post here for everyone to watch and is going live in five minutes.

EDIT: and it's live! Anyone interested in the stuff about Witcher 2 can tune in now :)

Faerie Fortune fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Apr 14, 2011

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Lamacq posted:

If you like point and click adventures, BASS is pretty good. I haven't played teen agent or lure of the temptress. Tyrian 2000 is fun, it's a top down shooter. The graphics kind of make me think of a sci fi 1942.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Apparently the max. amount of connections has been reached for some people. Guess I'll just have to sit through the Witcher stuff :P:

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Witcher 2 looks awesome. I can't wait for the release now.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Apparently the max. amount of connections has been reached for some people. Guess I'll just have to sit through the Witcher stuff :P:

gently caress! I tried to change it to HQ and was kicked out.

Xenpo
Feb 20, 2009
I only played the first Witcher for about 15 minutes. I will have to give it another shot.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Kennel posted:

gently caress! I tried to change it to HQ and was kicked out.

Hahahah, me too :downs::hf::downs:

Liquid Q
Aug 10, 2007
Stupid Newbie?
Looks like they improved combat quite a bit from the previous game. I might actually be able to finish this one.

Love the little wobble on the skill trees too.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Thanks for the warning guys. Definitely not touching the stream even if the Witcher thing is really uninteresting.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Yes! Back in :D

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Zat posted:

even if the Witcher thing is really uninteresting.

:wtc: what the gently caress is wrong with you? Calling witcher 2 "uninteresting" is just wrong.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

keyframe posted:

:wtc: what the gently caress is wrong with you?

Yeah, I was only watching at first to wait until the gog.com stuff started but the game looks gorgeous and a lot of fun. I've never played the first, would it be worth trying if I like the look of this or should I just pre-order?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Yes! Back in :D

Did you reload the window, or did it just eventually reconnect? (I was dumb enough to gamble for HQ as well).

Nthman
Nov 3, 2004

Creepy
I wasnt interested in Witcher 2 either but for what it is the game actually does look kinda fun.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

keyframe posted:

:wtc: what the gently caress is wrong with you? Calling witcher 2 "uninteresting" is just wrong.

Not the game per se but watching a dude playing it.

It's over!

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Rinkles posted:

Did you reload the window, or did it just eventually reconnect? (I was dumb enough to gamble for HQ as well).

Put it back on LQ and just waited. Less than 10 mins. later I was back in.

GOG info, GOG info! :D

Nthman
Nov 3, 2004

Creepy
ZOMG they are starting the GOG news stuff right now!

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
It's on now.

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh
You'd think a major corporation would be smart enough to have a big enough stream to fit everyone. Even small websites like GiantBomb handle this stuff better.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Put it back on LQ and just waited. Less than 10 mins. later I was back in.

GOG info, GOG info! :D

Yeah I'm in, just in the nick of time!

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Lights went out oh god

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
oh no stage antics!

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
AITD MUSIC

Edit: AITD soundtracks are worth the price themselves.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
Haha, that's cheesy as hell.

Nthman
Nov 3, 2004

Creepy
ALONE IN THE DARK! YESSSSS

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Yay, AitD trilogy :D

5,99 for the trilogy plus soundtrack :D

Liquid Q
Aug 10, 2007
Stupid Newbie?
Man they're hamming it up. Survival horror all up in this. Just Atari stuff, it looks like. :(

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
Available now, that owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.
$5.99 for the entire trilogy!! That's a loving awesome deal.