Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
203 helps show why the Raikage is one of the best characters in the series.

He doesn't give a poo poo about losing limbs if it means getting revenge, which flew in the face of both Karin and Sasuke's world view about how scared everyone should be of the Mangekyou.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Apparently there was a soundtrack released a while ago that had alternate versions of the anime openings and endings on it.

Sasuke with 'Kimi Monogatari': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2r7zLUCj_o
Sakura with 'Yura Yura': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_kFnAIMvzU&feature=related
Kakashi with 'R*O*C*K*S': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1jOCwi3Nk0&feature=related
And Naruto with 'Distance': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpx5301e4H8&feature=related

I'm fairly sure the other characters have them too.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
Ha. The Shikamaru ones are so amazingly terrible.

AshB
Sep 16, 2007

Pyrotoad posted:

And Naruto with 'Distance': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpx5301e4H8&feature=related

I'm fairly sure the other characters have them too.

I'm pretty impressed by the Naruto one since it's a female voice actress trying to maintain his voice while singing. Cool

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
It's very odd hearing Sasuke's voice without his monotone. His VA actually sings pretty well. (Also apparently voiced Bloo from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends' Japanese dub. Huh)

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

I just started watching again for the first time since September. When this cartoon is good, it is really good. This fight is going to own. I already know the outcome but I haven't read these chapters since the release, and I read most of this while high as gently caress so I retained next to nothing. Yesssssssssss

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Yeah, they really jumped right into some great fights this arc. I haven't read the Manga so this is all new to me and it's pretty amazing. Only problem, the better the show is, the bigger the next episode blue balls are. And I really, really hate next episode blue balls. I have half a mind stay away from the show for a while so I can come back and marathon a bunch of episodes in a row. But it's so interesting right now I can't help but watch every week.

I just need to find some other Anime to watch. I was thinking about trying Bleach again. I watched the first 3-4 episodes once or twice and just couldn't get into it. But I always see it and One Piece being the main recommendations for Naruto fans. Couldn't get into One Piece either.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Mar 19, 2011

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Have you tried fairy tail? I really enjoyed the anime for it, and only ever read the first dozen or so chapters of the manga.

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

-Blackadder- posted:

Yeah, they really jumped right into some great fights this arc. I haven't read the Manga so this is all new to me and it's pretty amazing. Only problem, the better the show is, the bigger the next episode blue balls are. And I really, really hate next episode blue balls. I have half a mind stay away from the show for a while so I can come back and marathon a bunch of episodes in a row. But it's so interesting right now I can't help but watch every week.

I just need to find some other Anime to watch. I was thinking about trying Bleach again. I watched the first 3-4 episodes once or twice and just couldn't get into it. But I always see it and One Piece being the main recommendations for Naruto fans. Couldn't get into One Piece either.

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi is 50 episodes of awesome. I recommend it highly

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Could someone cut together a gif of the Raikage body slamming Sasuke?

ff7cid
Jun 27, 2008

Beartato! I just became aware of the vast speed at which we are hurtling through the universe! Now it's all I can think about!

-Blackadder- posted:

Wow I'm basically in the exact same boat as you. I started watching One Piece a couple weeks ago to help stave off the horrible Naruto filler. How much did you watch? It was only vaguely interesting for me as it started out but if you give it enough time I think it gets pretty awesome.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Thanks for the recommendations. I've never heard of Fairy Tail but it looks like it could be interesting so I'll give it a shot.

I did ask about History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi in their thread once. I was looking for something like Hajime No Ippo(another one of my favorite shows). But another poster didn't seem to think they were all that comparable. So I never tried watching it. I'll give it another look.

I think I got to the end of the first boss fight in One Piece. I think the boss was a Clown Pirate or something. It was pretty good, I probably could've kept going. Luffy was very :3: with the whole loyalty and power of friendship stuff. But, I don't actually mind that. So I think I might give that another shot too.

There are still really good shows I have left on my "To Watch" list. Stuff like Legend of the Galactic Heroes, 12 Kingdoms, Akagi, Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, Eve No Jikan, East of Eden, Kara no Kyoukai, Hellsing Ultimate, just to name a few. I just have to motivate myself to watch them instead of trying to replace Naruto. It's weird in other threads people talk so bad about this show. And say stuff like "Yeah, I liked Naruto, before I had standards." But I really like it, personally.

I'm thinking of giving Hunter x Hunter another try since I heard it was a good forerunner to Naruto. And there's some recent shows like High School of the Dead and Shiki that I was interested in checking out as well. But if you guys know of any other Naruto clones I'd love to take a look at those as well.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Mar 21, 2011

LambdaZero
Nov 5, 2009

suck it

grognards posted:

"Yeah, I liked Naruto, before I had standards."

"Hold on, my mom just got bought me a new Inuyasha poster! This is the best 32nd birthday ever!"

Honestly, it's just a TV show.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!

-Blackadder- posted:

I think I got to the end of the first boss fight in One Piece. I think the boss was a Clown Pirate or something. It was pretty good, I probably could've kept going. Luffy was very :3: with the whole loyalty and power of friendship stuff. But, I don't actually mind that. So I think I might give that another shot too.

I didn't really get into One Piece until the third arc, or whatever. When they go to Nami's island and you get to see her past unfold. That was pretty good.

Then skypia -- where you get to see an old cliche turned on its head for amazing results. But after that, it literally gets better and better.

Glitch
May 7, 2002

zip zip zoom

Burning Sensation posted:

If I understand what you are saying, then since that dude is the origin of the curse mark, Orochimaru not being around anymore is irrevelant as far as he is concerned.
You're right. Orochimaru had been so tightly bound to usage of the cursed seal that I'd always associated him with its origin. Even after the reveal of where it came from it just didn't stick as much. That's why I'm happy that I was wrong. :)

Incompl
Mar 23, 2008

Looks like things are about to get interesting...

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
I'm hoping for a verbal smackdown. Somehow though, I bet it's just going to end with Sakura crying again.

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

I'm kind of hoping she does the same 'lol sakura punch' thing she always does when she sees him and shatters her fist.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just hope they don't let the women characters be so drat worthless after pointing it out. It's really annoying how the female of the group is basically there to be there, and not really participate in the fight. It would be okay if she was just healing and strength, but I can't even remember the last time she was in a good battle.

And not just her. How about the female character in Sasuke's group. She was about as helpful as a cat. Not to mention I'm surprised the various -kages didn't knock her out for all the time she was just standing there in the room.

canned_fruit
Feb 4, 2008

IUG posted:

I just hope they don't let the women characters be so drat worthless after pointing it out. It's really annoying how the female of the group is basically there to be there, and not really participate in the fight. It would be okay if she was just healing and strength, but I can't even remember the last time she was in a good battle.

And not just her. How about the female character in Sasuke's group. She was about as helpful as a cat. Not to mention I'm surprised the various -kages didn't knock her out for all the time she was just standing there in the room.

Actually those cats that they visited and stocked them up on weapons, curtains etc were way more helpful. In case you'd really like to know what happens: (manga spoilers) next time Sakura meets up with Sasuke she lives up to expectations and stabs the retarded idiot with a poisoned kunai.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
To be fair without Karin, Sasuke would have probably been dead ages ago. She's like Ninja radar. He would have never found anyone he needed to find without her. In a fight yes useless. But she is significantly more useful than Sakura in most cases.

Deadpan Science
Sep 6, 2005

by angerbeet

Harettazetta posted:

I'm hoping for a verbal smackdown. Somehow though, I bet it's just going to end with Sakura crying again.

Isn't she going to confess her love for naruto? That's what I'm expecting

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I just realised that Kurenai's Dub VA is Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, also known as the singer of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4rXbSnk2ng (Room of Angel, SH4). I wonder who else in the dubcast can sing...

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Well, that was officially the strangest exchange ever. 500-some episodes and I still don't understand these characters, apparently.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Which one? The Sakura/Naruto exchange?

LambdaZero
Nov 5, 2009

suck it
So is Sakura more pathetic or more badass now? For almost the entirety of that dialog, I was facepalming, and at the end I was excited. :wtc: Naruto.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Decent episode, not really digging the new OP. "I'll remember to add that ponta is a raccoon."

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Wow, girls on this show are even worthless at being girls. Pretending to like a boy to get what you want is the first trick they learn.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

CubanMissile posted:

Wow, girls on this show are even worthless at being girls. Pretending to like a boy to get what you want is the first trick they learn.

At least Naruto learned how to not fall for any silly girl tricks by hanging out with Jiraiya. One of the few moments in the series where Naruto wasn't retarded in a non-combat environment.

Incompl
Mar 23, 2008

Pretty fun episode to watch this week.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Double. Lariat.
Pretty good episode, even the non-combat portions were pretty exciting.

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

That was a good episode, it seems like Kisame was made for that fight.
I hope we are going to get to see some Naruto/Bee hijinks: seeing them get combo savage beatings by Sakura/Raikage must be inevitable.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

New episode is out, pretty awesome stuff, looks like we'll have a good animation team for next week's episode.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
God. The Sharingarm looks even more ridiculous in animation than it did in the Manga

LambdaZero
Nov 5, 2009

suck it

Dexo posted:

God. The Sharingarm looks even more ridiculous in animation than it did in the Manga

As if it's possible for it to look cool. They used manatees.

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

Heck yeah next week's battle should be awesome with the slick animation team on the case. :hellyeah:

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Yeah, this fight looks like it's going to be awesome! I wonder if it'll last more than one episode?

Also not having read the manga, I was like "what the gently caress is that?"Sharingarm?, at the end there.

(Wasn't sure if needed to spoiler this or not, so I guess I will to be on the safe side). Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how this turns out. I don't expect Sasuke to win by himself but Madara might help him. Danzo is pretty much the one guy left who Sasuke would reasonably want to kill. No one else is really responsible for the Uchiha massacre. So it'll be interesting to see what his plans are if or when he get's his revenge.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 22, 2011

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

-Blackadder- posted:

Yeah, this fight looks like it's going to be awesome! I wonder if it'll last more than one episode?

Kaaaaaaaaaa... Meeeeeeeeee... haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
MEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAA!!!!!

(of course it's going to span multiple episodes. they're getting close to catching up )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

I don't quite see how in her instant transition from creepy Sasuke obsessed stalker to murderous brooding nutcase that Sakura has managed to convince herself she has a hope in hell of killing the guy.

• Locked thread