Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Vakal posted:

The last two weeks of the show were pretty good. And as much as David Arquette can't compare to George Takei, it really does make a big difference to have a third main person sitting in the studio.

It forces Howard to switch off from the auto-pilot he is usually on when it's just him and Robin.

No way, David Arquette sucks. If I wanted to listen to people talk about his divorce for an entire week, I'd loving watch Extra or Entertainment tonight. He's not funny, and the only positive contribution he gave was having Sal splice the Christian Bale clip with the baseball one. And even that wasn't that great....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

Vakal posted:

The last two weeks of the show were pretty good. And as much as David Arquette can't compare to George Takei, it really does make a big difference to have a third main person sitting in the studio.

It forces Howard to switch off from the auto-pilot he is usually on when it's just him and Robin.

Yea, he may not be the most compelling guest ever but he definitely adds to the show for me. His stoner laugh chiming in randomly makes me laugh. Him asking the whoever-the-gently caress-that-was yesterday to get on the sybian was awesome.

Brocktoon: Howard may bring it up too much but david doesn't really invite it or drone on about it. I think the constant jabs and ball busting is pretty funny. Not rally all that different than artie and dana.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

I agree: I'm not a big fan of David Arquette, but it was really good to have another person in there. I think it also makes Howard step his game up a little bit. It really shows they need someone to fill Artie's chair.

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

She said that she was working for the ABC News / It was as much of the alphabet as she knew how to use.
If nothing else, Arquette has (mostly) given us a break from non stop talk about Apple products and terrible reality television.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
He's also the first person outside of howard I have heard admit that there's a lot more to sex scenes than "it's all professional".

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

He's also the first person outside of howard I have heard admit that there's a lot more to sex scenes than "it's all professional".

Yeah, he totally broke Kayfabe on that one... I wonder why more Hollywood types don't fess up to that?

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Holy poo poo, he did a live read during his interview with Courtney. What a class act.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Eh, maybe I'm just jaded this week because I've been listening to the History of Howard Stern Pt. 3 all week and been laughing so hard at the old clips that I've almost run off the road.

Seriously, nothing on this show has been or will be as funny as when they made fun of Jackie. The voice, the puppet, the bad jokes, the horrible Long Island parties, his 6 houses....all of it was comedy gold. The only thing that comes remotely close nowadays is Eric the Midget, and he's off the show.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Glumwheels posted:

Holy poo poo, he did a live read during his interview with Courtney. What a class act.

I gotta defend Howard on those live reads. He probably has to read them at a specific time, and I'd much rather him just take 30 seconds to read it rather than taking a whole commercial break.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
If he has to do live reads at specific times that's quite a step backward to the days of "time&temperature". I haven't heard it yet but if he did do that, it's pretty [cliche radio voice]Doublya NNNN-B-Cc[cliche radio voice]ish.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Dr. Keith Ablow was shown in a clip on The Daily Show last night regarding the J. Crew ad with the young boy's toe nails painted pink. I'm pretty sure his name was cited along with Glenn Beck and he was just saying some real stupid poo poo.

For what it's worth, I thought he seemed rather decent when he came on for Sal and Christine. The Riley episodes weren't as great, except for the hosed up childhood Riley had.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Dr. Keith Ablow was shown in a clip on The Daily Show last night regarding the J. Crew ad with the young boy's toe nails painted pink. I'm pretty sure his name was cited along with Glenn Beck and he was just saying some real stupid poo poo.

He recently jumped aboard the Glenn Beck train and co-wrote some stupid book with him.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I think you guys are getting him mixed up with Dr. Keith Abalow.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Evil Agita posted:

I think you guys are getting him mixed up with Dr. Keith Abalow.

Is he also yuuuuge and harrible?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

If he has to do live reads at specific times that's quite a step backward to the days of "time&temperature". I haven't heard it yet but if he did do that, it's pretty [cliche radio voice]Doublya NNNN-B-Cc[cliche radio voice]ish.

You forgot to close that tag

So I ended up reading the rest of the posts on this page in Howard's DJ voice, hitting the post and talking it up like a fuckin' champ.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

So I ended up reading the rest of the posts on this page in Howard's DJ voice, hitting the post and talking it up like a fuckin' champ.

As a kid, I always HATED that poo poo... Why the gently caress would you talk over a song like that?

It never made any sense to me. Specially since I prefer instrumental music, and don't really listen to lyrics, it really seemed to crap up the entire song.

OK, we have some people in here from the Radio Biz, can you explain to me the purpose of talking over the song right up until the lyrics start? How did that become a radio standard?

One of my favorite things about the rise of the Classic Rock radio format in the late 80s was that they DIDN'T do this, the DJs would generally shut up right when the song began playing.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
They used to talk over the songs because kids used to record the songs on their cassette recorders.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Robin Quivers posted:

I am not allowed to eat at all today. This is some vacation.

She literally goes on vacation to diet while on a diet.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Today at work I just typed in "Richard Sal Stern call" and queued up like 40. I think I found a new favorite prank call by Richard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1JyGBC_8U0 The "call" is 5 minutes in (in quotes, I guess it isn't actually a call). I swear to god I almost passed out laughing at this. This person 3 offices down came and asked me if I was OK. I honestly think I had half a heart attack.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

-Atom- posted:

She literally goes on vacation to diet while on a diet.

I am following her stream of consciousness posting on Facebook, and I don't even understand why she is away. She can't eat and she is sleeping on mattress in a common room of some sort.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I think I would rather live in a studio apartment with both Eric the Ack Ack SHITCOCK and Elegant Elliot Offen for a year than ever have to hear the horribly boring scripted schtick of rear end Napkin Ed and Debbie The Completely Uninteresting Crazy Person one more time.

Also, I'm a regional expert on hot chicks in their 30's and after checking out the side lippage bikini pictures, I think Maria Moe-noo-nooz is older than 32 no matter what her entertainment industry wikipedia page says. She's a generally terrible liar ("Have you ever had anal?" 15 second pause..."NOAH!") so I wish Howard had pressed her on her age claim.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
The worst twitter feeds are Jeff the Drunk and Maryann from Brooklyn

He just posts total gibberish and she puts up nothing.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I wonder how much of the Maria Menounos interview was actually Howard and David working out the sexual frustrations they have with their own boring wives using her as a proxy.

What a waste of a hot chick. She won't even give her boyfriend a blow job? Is she in high school?

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH!"

I bet that guy thought he hit the lottery when he hooked up with her too.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
He is living my dream. Stay at home dad with no kids and a hot rich wife girlfriend. Sign me up, blowjobs or not!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Former Human posted:

I wonder how much of the Maria Menounos interview was actually Howard and David working out the sexual frustrations they have with their own boring wives using her as a proxy.

What a waste of a hot chick. She won't even give her boyfriend a blow job? Is she in high school?

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH!"

I bet that guy thought he hit the lottery when he hooked up with her too.

Didn't they start dating in college? She was fat then. She didn't get famous until she lost 40 or 50 lbs.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

FogHelmut posted:

Didn't they start dating in college? She was fat then. She didn't get famous until she lost 40 or 50 lbs.

I was thinking about that, like did she stick with him because she still feels like a fat chick and that he's the only one who gave her attention and cared for her?

I was just trying to work out the psychological implications given that she is now famous and hot and could get perhaps and equally famous/rich guy, and I only say this because you don't hear it very often at all - their situation. I mean he is a decent looking guy and seems to have ambition and good connections and I enjoyed him on the show, but it made me curious.

edit; not that it's a bad thing, I think it's great that they stuck together for so long, you don't see that that much in showbiz/Hollywood etc.

chiz fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Apr 16, 2011

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Are they on vacation next week?

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Kragger99 posted:

I think so. Howard kept asking Robin this past week where she was going and Ronnie tweeted last night that he was in the Sunshine State. I don't know about Robin but I don't think Ronnie would go all the way to FL for just a weekend.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Kragger99 posted:

You think Howard would fly to California on a normal work week?

On that note, I wonder how long until the 3 day schedule comes into play. Unfortunately that will really test me with being a religious listener.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Kragger99 posted:

Yup. I believe it is Easter is it not? The special next week is something like the grossest week ever hosted by Johnny Knoxville.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.

Former Human posted:

So hot.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Howard wished robin a good vacation at the end of courtney cox

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
They did not hide the vacation at all like they used to. It was mentioned multiple times. Even if they go three days a week I will listen, its so much better than anything else to kill time at work.

I've been listening to the Stern Shuffle more. Every time a bit with Artie comes on you realize how much the show misses him. There was one last week where he was arguing with stuttering John he could get a hit off the best female pitcher in baseball and I was laughing so loving hard. I miss him so much.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Ribsauce posted:

They did not hide the vacation at all like they used to. It was mentioned multiple times. Even if they go three days a week I will listen, its so much better than anything else to kill time at work.

I've been listening to the Stern Shuffle more. Every time a bit with Artie comes on you realize how much the show misses him. There was one last week where he was arguing with stuttering John he could get a hit off the best female pitcher in baseball and I was laughing so loving hard. I miss him so much.

That's a great fight. He delves into his Elegant Elliot Offen impersonation right in the middle and starts calling John names. Then he starts railing on John's travel baseball past, very funny.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
I got a kick out of Maria Menouno's mom baking baklava for Howard. That's such a typical greek mom thing to do lol.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I've been listening to the History of Howard Stern at lot lately on the long drives I have to make every day. And as I constantly hear him talk about the quest to be on TV and be seen by everyone and how it made him upset when people told him it did a good show due to the fact that only New York and Philly got to hear it..

I'm wondering if he gets pissed off today that hardly anyone gets to hear him. I mean, you really have to be a gigantic Howard Stern fan to be listening to his show today. (Aside from a few segments here and there on youtube)

Why has he never tried to replace his old E! show?

I used to watch the E! show each day and have always been a big HS fan, but until recently I kinda forgot that he even existed. I think it was seeing this thread last year that made me think about Howard for the first time since 2005.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Why has he never tried to replace his old E! show?

His On Demand channel probably makes enough money to not make it worth it.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Joe Don Baker posted:

His On Demand channel probably makes enough money to not make it worth it.

It's hard to believe he could make as much money with a subscriber channel as he could a syndicated TV deal.

Plus if he was on TV where everyone could see him, he would get more and better celebrities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Super Ninja Fish posted:

It's hard to believe he could make as much money with a subscriber channel as he could a syndicated TV deal.

Plus if he was on TV where everyone could see him, he would get more and better celebrities.

Nope he gets a lions share of the subscriber fees. He is making leagues more than he ever did at E! who much like Comedy Central are notoriously cheap.

Also you have to ask who would even put him on their network anymore?