Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

This isn't a real thing.

Or is it?

Do you know how long it took me to get Newman's Vorpal Blade to drop? Game is infuriating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I've been slowly working my way through Curb. I just saw the limo driver episode. Wow! That one was really off the charts.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Irish Joe posted:

This isn't a real thing.

Or is it?
Did Jerry ever actually wear a sweater vest in any episode? I've seen promo pics of him wearing one, but I can't recall him wearing one in the show. It was usually just sneaker, tight jeans, baggy shirt (90s fashion was terrible) and a jacket for going out. No vest. WHERES THE VEST?

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Waltzing Along posted:

I've been slowly working my way through Curb. I just saw the limo driver episode. Wow! That one was really off the charts.

I'd really like to get a look at that freak book.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

mints posted:

I'd really like to get a look at that freak book.

I liked the part where Larry looks at something in that book and looks so nauseated he's going to throw up.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Amazon is selling the complete series for $99 + free shipping. http://www.amazon.com/Seinfeld-Comp...ag=dealswoot-20

This deal is GOLD, Jerry. GOLD.

Also, loving the comments on the deals.woot thread. Everyones a Seinfeld fan. http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/a908831f-4e8f-4ae8-83a3-319dfc9e363e/seinfeld-the-complete-series-amazon-com#10

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

safety dan posted:

It's tough keeping your feet dry when you're strolling through a dewey meadow.

The Fatigues might be my favorite episode.

"You think of your knife... the only friend who won't be dead by sunrise."

RoughDraft2.0
Mar 8, 2007

We really like your car, Mrs. LaRusso.

jojoinnit posted:

Amazon is selling the complete series for $99 + free shipping.

I had been waiting for this, but some of the comments on Amazon's page are making me think twice. Apparently, the transfer isn't anything great--artifacts, low-res. It's airing in up-converted HD on TBS almost every night, and there's also a TBA page for season one on Blu-Ray. I'm thinking...keep waiting?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

RoughDraft2.0 posted:

I had been waiting for this, but some of the comments on Amazon's page are making me think twice. Apparently, the transfer isn't anything great--artifacts, low-res. It's airing in up-converted HD on TBS almost every night, and there's also a TBA page for season one on Blu-Ray. I'm thinking...keep waiting?

The average rating on Amazon is 4.77/5, which is probably higher than any other "complete collection" dvd set. I was going to upload the restoration easter egg that's on the DVDs, but it's copyrighted so here's some lossless screenshots instead:
http://wa27.imgur.com/13CK4#GJ2dS

I'm no videophile, but I've never noticed any artifacting. Just your standard film grain that is no worse than any other 90s TV show on dvd. Personally I wouldn't wait who-knows-how-long just to spend 2 or 3 times as much on an HD version of the show

Pretentious Coats
Jan 18, 2009

Protection from what? Ze German?
My mother caught me.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

My favorite part of "The Pick" is the huge smudge that Kramer leaves on the CK office wall when falls over. I like to pretend that it is Kramer dirt rather than makeup.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Pretentious Coats posted:

My mother caught me.

She caught you?

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

Pretentious Coats posted:

My mother caught me.

I come home and find my son treating his body like an amusement park.

I hope I never do but if I ever catch my son not being the master of his domain Im pulling that line out on him.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

pepperoniroller
Sep 11, 2001

Hey, I had to draw that guy from memory. Considering, I think that's drat good!

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
I can't even look at that picture without laughing. Holy poo poo. That plot was so great, and it really helped develop Kruger.

That's probably my biggest complaint with them ending at 9 seasons: not enough K-uuuuuger. That man gave so little fucks that it was amazing to watch him.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Eye contact counters everything
He's not worried about it.

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
You know, if I could get this Coco woman down to Kruger, they wouldn't be able to call me Koko anymore because Kruger would never allow two Kokos.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

THERE IS NO KOKO!!!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Loving Life Partner posted:

He looks like a Peanuts character!

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
The look that George and Elaine exchange when Jerry is on the phone arguing with Meryl is absolutely priceless.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

safety dan posted:

You know, if I could get this Coco woman down to Kruger, they wouldn't be able to call me Koko anymore because Kruger would never allow two Kokos.

Sounds like he's running a tight ship.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
...Mulva?

Local station started airing 2 episodes everyday at 6 right after TBS plays their 2 at 5. :getin:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

fenix down posted:

THERE IS NO KOKO!!!

"THAT T-BONE?!"
"No, no T-bone!"
"WHY NO T-BONE?!"
"Why no T-Bone?!"
"CAUSE NEIL WATKINS IN ACCOUNTING IS T-BONE!"

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

pyromance posted:

I can't even look at that picture without laughing. Holy poo poo. That plot was so great, and it really helped develop Kruger.

That's probably my biggest complaint with them ending at 9 seasons: not enough K-uuuuuger. That man gave so little fucks that it was amazing to watch him.

Highly recommend checking out Lord of Illusions if you like that actor. He plays a completely different role, but with some of the same irreverence that later K-uuuuuger has.

Marxist Glue
Jan 12, 2007

GLUE GLUEEEEE GLUUUUUUEEE, Karl Marx! GLUUUEEE GLUE GLLLUUUUUEEEEEE!!!!
I apologize if this has already been brought up in this thread, but I just discovered it and I don't want to go through 103 pages.

...but what's it going to take for us to get a Seinfeld gangtag?! I really really want that poo poo.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007
Pretty sure they don't do gang tags anymore.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Dr. Platypus posted:

Pretty sure they don't do gang tags anymore.

Yeah, and it's pretty much all us Mongooses fault...sorry? v:shobon:v

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm sorry Seinfeld thread :ohdear:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The thing is after we got our tags, we're broke!

Nah just kidding we're still loaded :smug:

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Maarak posted:

Highly recommend checking out Lord of Illusions if you like that actor. He plays a completely different role, but with some of the same irreverence that later K-uuuuuger has.
Daniel Van Bargen was pretty drat good in Malcolm in the Middle while it was still watchable, as much as that means. Didn't even have to look that up. :kiddo:

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert
The guy that plays Kruger reminds me a lot of JK Simmons. I think they have the same voice.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Marxist Glue posted:

...but what's it going to take for us to get a Seinfeld gangtag?! I really really want that poo poo.

The best Seinfeld gang tag would be nothing :smug:

Or maybe there'd be an accident with an uninsured driver and the judge rules he has to be the thread's gang tag until his debt is paid off..

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 16, 2011

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Do they ever really explain why Jerry and Newman hate each other so much?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I watched JFK earlier today and yeah, I can't watch the "magic bullet" demonstration the same way anymore. As a bonus, Wayne Knight's character's name is Numa. :v:

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

MurraneousX posted:

Van Buren Boys

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

Supreme Allah posted:

Van Buren Boys

I was going to suggest "Close-talkers" or "Vandelay Industries," but I like this one much better.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Dr_Amazing posted:

Do they ever really explain why Jerry and Newman hate each other so much?

Not really, but there's this. Also from that same behind the scenes, they said that Newman was originally supposed to be the building snitch, so everyone hated him.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

MurraneousX posted:

Or maybe there'd be an accident with an uninsured driver and the judge rules he has to be the thread's gang tag until his debt is paid off..

I don't think it's so bad. People should wear gang tags. Everyone would be a lot friendlier. "Hello, Sam." "How you doing, Joe?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

mojo1701a posted:

I don't think it's so bad. People should wear gang tags. Everyone would be a lot friendlier. "Hello, Sam." "How you doing, Joe?"

We should put up photos of everybody in the OP so we know who each other is, and we could kiss each other hello!