Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Oh dear.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=10221-1

Edit: In case the image gets taken down; the next UCS set will be the Super Star Destroyer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Oh dear.

Edit: In case the image gets taken down; the next UCS set will be the Super Star Destroyer.

Wow, a SW UCS I'm interested in. It's been a while. Admittedly it doesn't look like a very exciting build, but I just love the shape of the thing. The SSD was my second favorite as a kid, next to the Nebulon Frigate. No UCS Frigate yer, but at least someone made a decent MOC of it.

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/175408

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

djfooboo posted:

Who thought the weirdo skeletons in the Ninjago sets were cool? They make my brain hurt.

The new arms are kinda neat and useful, but everything else about them is a mess.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

I finally had a chance to hit up the local spots for Series 4 minifigs and in three boxes I found no musketeers. I did snag everything else I was looking for though. I know need to find the perfect place to use the head from the painter. If somebody has some or can find some I would be willing to pay an extra dollar each plus shipping for up to four of them. Shoot me a pm or something if you could possibly help me out.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Flavor Bear posted:

The new arms are kinda neat and useful, but everything else about them is a mess.

The new skeleton legs with minifig-style feet are awesome. You can finally make a proper skeleton knight that's got boots and everything.

King Faraday
May 22, 2009

Oh dear.

Fuckin' sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Oh dear.

Welp, gently caress, there goes some of my money. The SSD is too loving cool not to have.

edit: Aww, just look at the little baby star destroyer with it. :3:

VaultAggie fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 13, 2011

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

VaultAggie posted:

Welp, gently caress, there goes some of my money. The SSD is too loving cool not to have.

edit: Aww, just look at the little baby star destroyer with it. :3:

The funny thing is it looks like the micro-Star Destroyer is in approximately the correct scale!

Ah, now I'm recalling all the mega-nerd discussions/arguments about Star Wars ship sizes I've been in over the years...

I missed the Star Destroyer UCS since it was discontinued when I left my dark ages and the price was climbing. The Falcon looked nice, but I could never justify $500. But the Executor? Yeah, I'm probably gonna buy. drat, it looks like it qualifies as a SHIP!

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
:australia: Australian news:

Looks like we've finally got series 4 of the minifigures! I got a Mad Scientist and a Geisha couldn't feel any Hazmat Guys, though I really wanted one.

It's also mid-season sale time:

- Myer has these sets discounted, and all board games including Lego ones are 25% off (until 1st May)
- Target has 20% all Lego sets (offer ends today 13th April)

I picked up the Creator Sonic Boom Set 5892 for AUD$48 from Target. Wish it was pay day I would have picked up Slave 1 and Brick Daddy's Space Limo too.

beato fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Apr 13, 2011

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I just wanna say how much I like a thread about LEGOs that has a title that's talking about 69ing.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

beato posted:

It's also mid-season sale time:

- Myer has these sets discounted, and all board games including Lego ones are 25% off (until 1st May)
- Target has 20% all Lego sets (offer ends today 13th April)

I picked up the Creator Sonic Boom Set 5892 for AUD$48 from Target. Wish it was pay day I would have picked up Slave 1 and Brick Daddy's Space Limo too.

I wish I could afford that one, so many useful pieces of the same kind! :(

Reminder that the SSD is awesome:
http://youtu.be/RjiO-63X3dM

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Finished.

I was surprised at how big it turned out, it fits 2 minifigs in the cockpit, unfortunately there's no room for helmets or hair but if you take out the seats it could easily accommodate the required headroom.

beato fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Apr 13, 2011

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

The shuttle already has been tempting me, now the SSD. drat this could become an expensive year....

King Faraday
May 22, 2009

By the by, any Wellington Lego Nerds out there, check out the Lower Hutt Toyworld. They usually open a few sets of the minifigures and then label what each one is. Take the guess work/awkward package groping out of the deal.

Hitting it up on the weekend to get a full set of Season 4.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

beato posted:

:australia: Australian news:

Looks like we've finally got series 4 of the minifigures! I got a Mad Scientist and a Geisha couldn't feel any Hazmat Guys, though I really wanted one.

The Hazmat Guy is the only one I was after, instead I ended up with Wimpy Sailor and Little Miss Only-Came-With-One-Skate.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
After a nauseating amount of sticker and vinyl application, I've finally finished my 20th Century Limited. Here's the two locomotives:

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
That's pretty drat slick looking, very good work.

Whiskey
Feb 8, 2004

Back with another one of those block rockin' BEATS
It really bugs me that the spine of the Nebulon Frigate looks bent.
I love the model despite the bend though.

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!

Shuppiluliumas posted:

After a nauseating amount of sticker and vinyl application, I've finally finished my 20th Century Limited. Here's the two locomotives:

So jealous.

I guess the real question is, will it go round corners though?

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Veeb0rg posted:

So jealous.

I guess the real question is, will it go round corners though?

It runs quite well, as a matter of fact. The main issue is just how heavy it is. Each engine has 2 XL motors and its own IR and battery. They can pull the whole train (about 14 feet long) for around 2 hours on one battery charge.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Still on a spaceship bender, experimenting with wing configuration and cockpit design all night. Trying to make a cockpit that can open up, and also be more or less fully sealed when closed.

Sair
May 11, 2007

This popped up on Brothers Brick:

More pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brickbuilder/5618664821/

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Shuppiluliumas posted:

It runs quite well, as a matter of fact. The main issue is just how heavy it is. Each engine has 2 XL motors and its own IR and battery. They can pull the whole train (about 14 feet long) for around 2 hours on one battery charge.

Wow, 14 feet? Do you have a shot of that?

Chris Knight posted:

Owns, hard. I went through the close-up saying "Got it, got it, need it, need it" etc. :D

Haha, me too. :) Classic Space is by far my favorite Lego ever.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

How verifiable is this list?

I really want an Emerald Night, but I'm moving soon and I need to save the cash. The only one currently above MSRP is the Battle of Endor. The Death Star and the Medieval Village were listed as Out of Stock last I checked but now they are back, so I'm not sure how much faith can be put in the "Discontinued" part.

I've loved Lego trains all my life but I'm really not sure if it will be in stock once I land a job where I'm moving to. :ohdear:

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Kazy posted:

How verifiable is this list?

I really want an Emerald Night, but I'm moving soon and I need to save the cash. The only one currently above MSRP is the Battle of Endor. The Death Star and the Medieval Village were listed as Out of Stock last I checked but now they are back, so I'm not sure how much faith can be put in the "Discontinued" part.

I've loved Lego trains all my life but I'm really not sure if it will be in stock once I land a job where I'm moving to. :ohdear:

I've heard from multiple sources that those sets are being discontinued. Exclusives like the Medieval Market Village and Emerald Night usually have a 3-year run anyway, so I would expect them to be gone soon. My local Lego store still has both, but I don't think they're getting any more shipments of them. Emerald Night is absolutely worth it. IMO, it's the best train Lego has ever made.

GerbilNut
Dec 30, 2004
Just a heads up but Target has the giant spaceship on clearance for half off. Only $50!

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

My LEGO store had the Emerald night for 20% off due to a damaged box, but I didn't have the cash for it. They also have Maserak Blue 2x2 and 2x4 blocks in the PAB wall, and I got a few of those.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

ZarathustraFollower posted:

My LEGO store had the Emerald night for 20% off due to a damaged box, but I didn't have the cash for it. They also have Maserak Blue 2x2 and 2x4 blocks in the PAB wall, and I got a few of those.

Are you sure it's Maersk Blue and not medium blue? Which store because I'm there if it is at all possible.

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

If you're dissatisfied, disappear.
My local Borders just got series 3 and, once again, I've been pretty lucky not getting repeats - tennis pro, racecar driver, sumo, hula girl, baseball player.

For Easter (well, for the hell of it, but Easter's a good excuse), I ordered Harry Potter and Darth Vader keychains for my nephews (5 and 12), who love those characters in a fanboy-type way, and a Ron Weasley keychain for my niece (9), who loves that character in a "Ron's hot!" type way (direct quote). I'm the best uncle.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

In case anyone is wondering if the dot pattern on 502B1 is the same as 402B1 it is. I finally scored my Hazmat guy today using the 402 sheet.

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!

Shuppiluliumas posted:

Are you sure it's Maersk Blue and not medium blue? Which store because I'm there if it is at all possible.

pretty sure its the medium blue. I got a few of the bricks in my free pab cup when I got my maersk trains. Its a shade or so off the offical maersk blue bricks.

Looks drat close in the store though.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Veeb0rg posted:

pretty sure its the medium blue. I got a few of the bricks in my free pab cup when I got my maersk trains. Its a shade or so off the offical maersk blue bricks.

Looks drat close in the store though.

I still have to ask because it has happened before. Apparently, one of the Legoland parks decided to liquidate its supply of Maersk Blue parts. (I assume they discontinued one of their large models in that color) The parts ended up in a PaB wall and then, of course, Bricklink.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Yeah, I guess it is just light blue. Sorry for getting your hopes up. Bought the Imperial V-wing Starfighter on sale at Wal-mart. I really, really like it. A bit over priced even at $16, but its even cooler than it looks.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

My younger brother is still doing custom minifigs and selling them on eBay.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thoughtsinmyhead/
Some highlights:

He plans to do a whole set of cursed crew and sell them in time for the official series release.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Bought the Imperial V-wing Starfighter on sale at Wal-mart. I really, really like it. A bit over priced even at $16, but its even cooler than it looks.

I couldn't say no to this set, either. Hella swooshable, and the silver R2, while it should look even more like a garbage can than a white R2, manages to be badass in a Lego cute sort of way.

I mean, the design of the V-Wing couldn't be any more obvious. Lucasfilm says "We need a vehicle that shows what the late Republic/early Empire would build. gently caress it, let's just cross an X-Wing and a TIE Fighter and see what happens."

Awesome happens.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Saint Sputnik posted:

My younger brother is still doing custom minifigs and selling them on eBay.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thoughtsinmyhead/
Some highlights:

He plans to do a whole set of cursed crew and sell them in time for the official series release.

That bear-riding dwarf with the golden axe needs to be in the next Kingdoms/Castle sets, because hot drat does the Castle line need friggin' bear-cavalry.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Guzwar posted:

That bear-riding dwarf with the golden axe needs to be in the next Kingdoms/Castle sets, because hot drat does the Castle line need friggin' bear-cavalry.

Turns out he won some awards for that Bootstrap Bill.

And when did they make Lego bears? He says he repainted polar bears.

Anyway, TRU has a buy one, get one half off sale again, this time any theme but the licenses. I want the blacksmith shop but it's sold out online.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I think it's more like they're not actually out yet- those three sets are part of the second wave of Kingdoms that last I heard wasnt going to be out until August.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
There were polar bears in the arctic explorers line.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ok, I mentioned these guys earlier in the thread, but I think I'm finally happy with everyone's hair and decals. Here's my RPG adventuring party.

I also picked up a bunch more elves and built this little scene featuring a band of elves defending some trees against a bunch of orcs:

More shots of both of these can be found on my tumblr.