Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Record Store Day was today, and they had a limited to 5000 copies pressing of the Born This Way single. I had to wait in line for 3 hours to get it (and the Tron Legacy 7 inch) but I loving got it:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I think the cover is an homage to the cover of Diamond Dogs.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Neena posted:

Yeah, I agree. It's just hilarious, especially when put up against these other covers.

I think that Rhianna cover is actually quite nice.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
Didn't really like Born This Way, but Judas is definitely striking a chord with me. I can see myself getting really into this. Can't wait for the video.

Also, :lol: at that cover. I'd actually be all for it. Don't really see pop albums covers that are so out there nowadays.

discount dogs
Dec 29, 2008
I'm hearing rumours that the cover release is a joke and the real one will be released in 3 days. I don't think I believe them, but I really hope it's true ahaha.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
Real, fake, I don't care. I'm all about the music. Judas is great, I love it and I kind of wish I could dance around out tonight to it like an idiot.

I like everything that's come out of this album so far, and I'd kill to hear the finished You & I right now.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I'm an atheist so my understanding of Christianity might be horrible but Judas betrayed Jesus 4 days before Easter I believe. Maybe the cover is a "betrayal" of sorts and the real one will be released on the 19th.

I know that sounds loving retarded and :tinfoil: but who knows.

discount dogs
Dec 29, 2008

Kilometers Davis posted:

I'm an atheist so my understanding of Christianity might be horrible but Judas betrayed Jesus 4 days before Easter I believe. Maybe the cover is a "betrayal" of sorts and the real one will be released on the 19th.

I know that sounds loving retarded and :tinfoil: but who knows.

No, there are actually a lot of people bringing this up, but I've seen it in response to that Judas was leaked 4 days before it was supposed to be released.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

At this point, if Gaga-Cycle isn't at least in the liner notes somewhere, I'll be upset.

Mediant
Dec 23, 2010

In Brightest Day...
In Dankest Night...
I really really hope the motorcycle is the real cover. It is hilarious and ridiculous. Even more hilarious are the reactions. "OH GOD MY EYES! GAGA HAS FORSAKEN US!"

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Mediant posted:

I really really hope the motorcycle is the real cover. It is hilarious and ridiculous. Even more hilarious are the reactions. "OH GOD MY EYES! GAGA HAS FORSAKEN US!"

It's just a really bad cover. We're running into a point where Gaga has more input into the album than her handlers, and it's really turning out poorly.

Matlock fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 17, 2011

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

That looks like something she printed out herself, actually. Look at how it's krinkled on the left side, and the inside appears to be totally blank (unless she has a blank sheet of paper inside it, can't really tell).

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Matlock posted:

It's just a really bad cover. We're running into a point where Gaga has more input into the album than her handlers, and it's really turning out poorly.

Nah i'd say it's turning out pretty well so far bro.

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI

F201 posted:

Also apparently the guitarist on You & I is none other than Brian 'loving' May. I loving hope this is true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Xh9XIowYC3o#at=105

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Doesn't Freddy turn a dude into a motorcycle in one of the Nightmare movies? That's what it reminds me of.

I like Judas

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

When approached for comment, Gaga (born Stefani Germanotta) only said "VROOM VROOMMMMM" and peeled out of the driveway.

Mediant
Dec 23, 2010

In Brightest Day...
In Dankest Night...
Just wait till Harley comes out with a Gagacycle model.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The Berzerker posted:

Doesn't Freddy turn a dude into a motorcycle in one of the Nightmare movies? That's what it reminds me of.

Yep, I had the same thought.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
The haters are out of their drat minds here, Judas is great and that album cover is amazing

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

That looks like something she printed out herself, actually. Look at how it's krinkled on the left side, and the inside appears to be totally blank (unless she has a blank sheet of paper inside it, can't really tell).

Yeah, it looks like a joke honestly. It's just made with printer paper. But totally DIY guys!

Instantoxen
Apr 22, 2006
Judas is Lady GaGa's Cyndi Lauper plateau; she will be riding for a while till the next iteration.

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Judas isn't horrible, but it isn't that great, either. Born This Way was better musically. Lyrically, everything has been complete poo poo thus far, trying to sound controversial or stand-up-for-your-rightsish for the sake of being as such.

The cover is horrendous and I'm starting to feel as if she's losing her edge.

I get a huge Justice vibe from the song though, like as if some of the sounds were ripped directly from Let There Be Light or something

double sulk fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Apr 17, 2011

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

I refuse to buy this album if there is not a gagacycle somewhere in it. :colbert:

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Judas 2:41.6-3:10.6 makes a nice ringtone in iTunes.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Special edition cover:

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI
it was all a scheme to get anyone with the slightest sense of aesthetics to shell out an extra $8 for the deluxe edition FOOLED AGAIN BY THE MASTER OF MARKETING LADY GAGA!

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

F201 posted:

it was all a scheme to get anyone with the slightest sense of aesthetics to shell out an extra $8 for the deluxe edition FOOLED AGAIN BY THE MASTER OF MARKETING LADY GAGA!

FOOLED AGAIN BY THE MASTER OF MARKETING LADY GAGA!

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
She fooled me again, with her dirty mouth full of honest lies. :smith:

Whatever, the people who care would be getting the deluxe anyways, and anyone who'd not get it isn't going to care about the cover. I'm not sure why so many people are making such a stink.

Thaaaank you! When I saw this live it drove me nuts. :3:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I didn't love or hate Judas on first listen, but on the second liked it 300% more and now I'm on the third listen and I don't think I'm going to ever stop listening to this song.

Which is basically my exact emotional progression when Bad Romance leaked.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles
Can somebody with a copy of photoshop please shop Rob Halford's head and the Judas Priest logo onto this album cover? I need it for a project do not ask what the project is

ArmoredBlue
Jul 1, 2007

Furthering the gay Mexican agenda.

HookShot posted:

I didn't love or hate Judas on first listen, but on the second liked it 300% more and now I'm on the third listen and I don't think I'm going to ever stop listening to this song.

Which is basically my exact emotional progression when Bad Romance leaked.

This is exactly what happened to me. I've been listening to it on repeat for so long, and it just gets better at the gym.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
If her Judas set doesn't include a slutty bishop costume complete with mitre and crosier I will be disappointed.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Matlock posted:

Oh my god this is the most loving awesome thing

Seriously gently caress the haters this is amazing

HumanCropcircle
Sep 26, 2005

Judas rocks. The album artwork sucks and must be a joke. I feel these statements are objectively correct.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Have yet to listen to Judas as I have been busy at Coachella. I can say though that I think the album cover is hilariously awesome. I do think it's kinda lame the special edition is just her face cropped.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

It's great watching a bunch of Gaga fans turning on her:

(her tattoo is two words, one on each wrist, and most people don't even realize it's from a Gaga song).

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Corbet posted:

It's great watching a bunch of Gaga fans turning on her:

(her tattoo is two words, one on each wrist, and most people don't even realize it's from a Gaga song).

Just out of curiosity are they "Free" and "Bitch"?

realqueenbetty
Nov 2, 2005

And then swing your swift sword, sister
Swing your swift sword now
Swing your swift sword, sister, sister
Swing your swift sword now

Corbet posted:

lol what a dipshit

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Thornes posted:

Just out of curiosity are they "Free" and "Bitch"?

No, but I also know a girl who has "Free Bitch" tattoo'd on her side. Symbolizes her independence or some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

If she hates how the homosexual population propagates poo poo music, why did she even get a Gaga tattoo in the first place?! I mean, Lady Gaga has been pretty open about her homosexual support from the start.

• Locked thread