Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
That Mugger has got a hell of a walk if he wants to get to the burning woods. Woods, the dreaded slippery pavement...his hip busted up worse than the woman on the Life Alert Commercials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
I'm hoping he falls on his head again, those consciousness checks have got to be getting harder for him. Depending on how badly he lands on his head, it might just kill him, which would be hilarious.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Mukaikubo posted:

Are you kidding? They'd probably send over the loadouts and specs themselves as part of the bid if anyone thought to ask.

I think the BattleROM is the more important part. Includes all the tactics used and such.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Defiance Industries posted:

I think the BattleROM is the more important part. Includes all the tactics used and such.

Now who else made sure to send out their BattleROM on an open frequency in canon?

WHO INDEED.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Vipers of Somerset: Tactical Update 15

Movement Phase
Random Ace Beta: B4 Mugger!
Random Ace Gamma: G5 Unknown Assault 5!

B5 walks to 1610!

Combat Phase:
L2 Zeus holds fire
L2 Zeus gains 0 heat, sinks 17! Now at Overheat 0!

B4 holds fire!
B4 Mugger gains 2 heat, sinks 28! Now at overheat 0!

B5 Lucerne holds fire!
B5 Lucerne gains 0 heat, sinks 26! Now at overheat 0!

End Phase

Physical Combat Phase:
L2 Zeus punches B5 Lucerne with Right Arm (5 base + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 0 punch = 6): rolled 7, hits Left Torso (5/22 armor remains)!
L2 Zeus punches B5 Lucerne with Left Arm (5 base + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 0 punch + 1 no hand actuator = 7): rolled 4, miss!

B5 Lucerne kicks L2 Zeus (4 base + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 Steel Viper in Melee Combat - 1 kick = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (0/24 armor, 8/17 structure remains)! Critical chance!

End Phase:
The wind has stopped blowing, fire can no longer spread unintentionally!

L2 Zeus critical chance in Left Leg! 1 critical hit sustained!
Foot actuator destroyed!

L2 Zeus must make a piloting test or fall (5 base + 0 movement + 0 kicked + 1 foot actuator destroyed = 6): rolled 9, succeeds!

L2 Zeus gains 10 heat due to fire, sinks 17! Now at overheat 0!

B5 Lucerne gains 10 heat due to fire, sinks 26! Now at overheat 0!

Her tertiary monitor winked out; then back on with an update as her Zeus rocked under another kick. Reports were the same all over the regimental comms—the Clanners focusing their attacks on limbs: arms and, more often, legs. She panted heavily, the heat in her cockpit sweltering even with the coolant circulating freely to keep her core body temperature low. There was a reason Mechwarriors feared fire: the ‘Mechs were resistant, but they certainly weren’t. Sam coughed quietly as thin wisps of smoke trailed through her cockpit—either her Life Support system was malfunctioning, or some unimportant system had caught fire. The coughing wasn’t necessary, her neurohelmet was sealed even if her cockpit wasn’t, but it made her feel better.

If nothing else, it let her take her mind off the near-catastrophic damage the Clanner was doing to her left leg. She’d feared it irreparable before; but even though myomer was fire-resistant the insulation protecting the wiring that supplied the power to make the myomer contract like real muscles wasn’t.

She slammed her Zeus’s right arm against the heavily-armored Clan ‘mech once again, putting another massive dent along its broad left shoulder. Another hit like that and she’d break through, she thought; then winced as the bare metal skeleton of her ‘Mech’s left leg slammed into the forest floor. Her follow-up punch missed wide as she recovered her balance, her autocannon sweeping through the air above the Lucerne’s head.

“You fight well but this battle is over.” The Clanner taunted. “Surrender, Mechwarrior Samantha. You have proven your courage, quiaff? You will make a worthy addition to our Clan.”

Enemy Forces:
B4 Mugger: Walks to 1018!
B5 Lucerne: Waiting to move!
G1 Unknown Assault 1: Remains Stationary!
G2 Unknown Assault 2: Remains Stationary!
G3 Unknown Assault 3: Remains Stationary!
G4 Unknown Assault 4: Remains Stationary!
G5 Unknown Assault 5: Remains Stationary!

Mission Objectives
Defeat Beta Star! (Partial Victory)
Survive! (14/20 Turns) (Total Victory)

Ace Note: Previous turn's movement will be in black, current turn's movement will be in green!

CP-10-Z Cyclops
Notes: Destroyed by ammunition explosion!

ZEU-6S Zeus
Weight: 80 tons (Assault)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 18/18 (17/17)
LT R A(S): 6/6
CT A(S): 26/26 (25/25)
CT R A(S): 9/9
RT A(S): 13/18 (17/17)
RT R A(S): 6/6
LA A(S): 7/22 (13/13)
RA A(S): 19/22 (13/13)
LL A(S): 0/24 (8/17)
RL A(S):17/24 (17/17)
Heat: 0/30
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 17
Movement: 4/6/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 5, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Leutnant Samantha Clover
Mechwarrior Player: Mukaikubo
Mechwarrior Status: Sprained back (consciousness 3+)!
Armament:
Large Laser – LT (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
LRM 15 – RA (Heat: 5, Ammo: 1, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser (REAR) – LT(R) (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – CT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Autocannon/5 – LA (Heat: 1, Ammo: 1, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: None!
Notes: No hands

BNC-3S Banshee
Notes: ‘Mech destroyed, pilot killed!

WLF-1 Wolfhound
Notes: ‘Mech destroyed, pilot taken by the Clans!

Rommel Tank:
Notes: Tank destroyed, crew escaped into the woods!

Enemy Status
Beta Krait
B1 Battle Cobra
Critical Damage: Destroyed!
Notes: Counts as rough terrain!

B2 Thunderchild
Tonnage: 50
Critical Damage: Right Arm Destroyed!
Notes: Retreated off map!

B3 Copperhead
Notes: Forced off map!

B4 Mugger
Tonnage: 65
Target: CP-10-Z Cyclops!
Pilot Name: Mechwarrior Azael
Pilot: Piloting 4, Gunnery 3
Overheat Penalty: None!
Armament: Unknown
Notes:

B5 Lucerne
Target: ZEU-6S Zeus
Pilot Name: Mechwarrior Drang
Notes: Equipped with ECM, using ECM to generate Ghost Targets!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 18, 2011

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Mukaikubo posted:

Now who else made sure to send out their BattleROM on an open frequency in canon?

WHO INDEED.

The tank crew escaped with theirs, too (it was specifically requested in the last set of orders the raverrn sent to me). 50/50 whether Trip Hunter's ROM is intact; but Samantha's one-upped Mr. Kell, since she's transmitting the ROMs of the entire regiment.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Apr 18, 2011

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Foot actuator hit is brutal. Justice Foot is likely out of commission. Punch or surrender. Either option would be hilarious.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

quote:

“You fight well but this battle is over.” The Clanner taunted. “Surrender, Mechwarrior Samantha. You have proven your courage, quiaff? You will make a worthy addition to our Clan.”

Surrender?

While my Mech is still upright and able to fight?

Surrender?

THAT WILL BE THE DAY.

"Let's make sure history never forgets the name... 'Unwearied Second.'"

Mukaikubo fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 18, 2011

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Mukaikubo posted:

While my Mech is still upright
Not for long!

quote:

and able to fight?

Debatable.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
If Mukaikubo stays up for one more turn, I think someone wins a bet.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Another Left Torso hit on the Lucerne and we could potentially be into interesting territory here...

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Mukaikubo posted:

Surrender?

While my Mech is still upright and able to fight?

Surrender?

THAT WILL BE THE DAY.

"Let's make sure history never forgets the name... 'Unwearied Second.'"

Until you lose a leg, I second your feelings. Go down swinging, do to otherwise is to dishonor not only yourself, but Caesar Steiner, Colonel Rossi, Staff Sergeant Major von Kempner, and the 2nd Donegal Guards as a whole! Every point of damage you can inflict here is one they will have to spend resources repairing later.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Thread movin' FAST all of a sudden.

PTN, could you elaborate on just how the Wolfhound pilot was "taken by the Clans"? Did the Mugger stick him in its pocket? Is he unconscious in the cockpit? Did unseen <REDACTED> snatch him up after ejection?

vvvv Oh, gotcha. So if Muk goes full Rambo and pulls this one out, he'll be OK? Go for it, Muk! Turns out that violence is the answer to all your problems!

Mary Annette fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Apr 18, 2011

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I don't want to put any of the highly-squishable pilots on the board where they can get fallen on, so if someone's claimed as a bondsman I'm assuming he's taken "at the end of the combat", no matter where or how he tries to hide. It's more a post-game thing.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
Come on, one more turn or I'm out five bucks! Screw honor and courage as reasons to keep fighting, there's something even more important on the line.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

landcollector posted:

Until you lose a leg, I second your feelings. Go down swinging, do to otherwise is to dishonor not only yourself, but Caesar Steiner, Colonel Rossi, Staff Sergeant Major von Kempner, and the 2nd Donegal Guards as a whole! Every point of damage you can inflict here is one they will have to spend resources repairing later.

"I might be able to quit under your rules, but I'd still shame myself under mine."

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"I might be able to quit under your rules, but I'd still shame myself under mine."

I am only typing something here because I am morally opposed to emptyquoting. But really, this. :hellyeah:

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

...I wonder if you could push him twice into the water. 'Mechs reaalllly don't like water inside their sensitive innards. This kind of assumes you can keep him where you want him for the second push though.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
You've still got one round in the chamber. I suggest you Alpha strike the bastard.

House Steiner goes down shooting, and he can't call you out on it if he's dead. :colbert:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

the JJ posted:

You've still got one round in the chamber. I suggest you Alpha strike the bastard.

House Steiner goes down shooting, and he can't call you out on it if he's dead. :colbert:

That's stupid; you're stupid.

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Yeah, I'd save it until you lose the leg at least or to get the Mugger's attention before challenging it. Or, maybe knock it right out, it seems pretty hurt now.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

LeschNyhan posted:

Yeah, I'd save it until you lose the leg at least or to get the Mugger's attention before challenging it. Or, maybe knock it right out, it seems pretty hurt now.

Yeah, save it to pray for a lucky TAC on the last one. You're gonna whiff with your AC and LRMs due to minimum range against this guy anyway.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Vipers of Somerset: Tactical Update 16

Movement Phase
Random Ace Beta: B4 Mugger!
Random Ace Gamma: G2 Unknown Assault 2!

B4 Mugger walks to 1118!

Combat Phase:
L2 Zeus holds fire

B4 holds fire!

B5 Lucerne holds fire!

End Phase

Physical Combat Phase:
L2 Zeus punches B5 Lucerne with Right Arm (5 base + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 0 punch = 7): rolled 4, miss!
L2 Zeus punches B5 Lucerne with Left Arm (5 base + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 0 punch + 1 no hand actuator = 8): rolled 6, miss!

B5 Lucerne pushes L2 Zeus (4 base + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 Steel Viper in Melee Combat - 1 push = 6): rolled 8, hit succeeds!

End Phase:
… Yes, I got sick of keeping track of it. Sue me.

L2 Zeus critical chance in Left Leg! 1 critical hit sustained!
Foot actuator destroyed!

L2 Zeus pushed into hex 1608!

L2 Zeus must make a piloting test or fall (5 base + 0 movement + 0 pushed + 1 previously foot actuator destroyed = 6): rolled 3, fails!
L2 Zeus suffers falling damage to Head (4/9 armor remains), Rear Right Torso (3/6 armor remains)! Pilot hit!

L2 Zeus must make a 5+ consciousness test: rolled 3, fails!

L2 Zeus gains 10 heat due to fire, sinks 17! Now at overheat 0!

B5 Lucerne gains 10 heat due to fire, sinks 26! Now at overheat 0!

Sam growled into her comms and lunged at the Clanner. She’d show him surrender! She swung both arms in an overhand arc, trying to bring them down on the Clan ‘Mech’s shoulders, but the lightning quick Lucerne simply backpedaled; letting the unhindered swing throw her ‘Mech off-balance.

As soon as it was clear of the blow, the Lucerne slipped once again into the void it had just occupied and planted both club-like arms against her Zeus’s torso. With a hefty shove, it pushed the Zeus in a mirror Sam’s maneuver only moments before. Sam’s instinctive reaction—kicking her left-leg back to stabilize herself—was an absolute disaster.

Footless, her ‘Mech found only empty air and toppled down the steep incline. The initial impact was softer than she’d expected, and Sam allowed herself a glimmer of hope that her ‘Mech had found only soft dirt—hope that was shattered as her broad cockpit slammed directly into the trunk of a burning tree. The tree shattered on impact, filling the forest with even more splinters of burning hardwood.

The ancient restraining straps had weathered countless battles with the 2nd Donegal Guards, but the impact snapped the buckle clean. Sam didn’t even have time to marvel at the implications of her sudden stop before her head smashed one of the innumerable monitors mounted above her head; putting a shallow, palm-sized dent in the top of her heavy neurohelmet.

Enemy Forces:
B4 Mugger: Waiting to move!
B5 Lucerne: Remains stationary!

Ace Note: Previous turn's movement will be in black, current turn's movement will be in green!

Movement Phase
Random Ace Beta: B5 Lucerne!
Random Ace Gamma: G1 Unknown Assault 1!

B4 Mugger walks to 1117!

L2 Zeus must make a 5+ consciousness test to regain consciousness: rolled 8, succeeds!

Combat Phase:
L2 Zeus holds fire

B4 holds fire!

B5 Lucerne holds fire!

End Phase

Physical Combat Phase:
L2 Zeus cannot act!

B5 Lucerne waits for its opponent to stand!

End Phase:
… Yes, I got sick of keeping track of it. Sue me.

The pain roused her from blissful unconsciousness after a few moments, but from her perspective it may as well have been a few hours. Sam’s eyes cracked open, and she cringed as she stared up at the blocky Lucerne. Its armor, blackened in the fires blazing around it, blended almost seamlessly with the rising smoke. It towered over her like some demon from the blackest pits of hell.

Sam coughed again—there was smoke in her cockpit, she was certain of it. A lot of smoke. Her neurohelmet’s glass had shattered, and she expected she was probably bleeding. Her body lay supine across the backrest of her command chair. She moved—and regretted it immediately, the protestations of her back muscles lost immediately as a wave of nausea and pain swept over her.

“Are you alive, freebirth Mechwarrior?” A voice called—it took Sam a few seconds to realize it must be her attacker. “It would be a shameful waste to let even a lesser warrior burn to death in this fire. Stand—or surrender.”

Enemy Forces:
B4 Mugger: Walks to 1115!
B5 Lucerne: Waiting to move!

Mission Objectives
Defeat Beta Star! (Partial Victory)
Survive! (15/20 Turns) (Total Victory)

(Error on this map, the Lucerne has yet to move)

CP-10-Z Cyclops
Notes: Destroyed by ammunition explosion!

ZEU-6S Zeus
Weight: 80 tons (Assault)
HD A(S): 4/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 18/18 (17/17)
LT R A(S): 6/6
CT A(S): 26/26 (25/25)
CT R A(S): 9/9
RT A(S): 13/18 (17/17)
RT R A(S): 3/6
LA A(S): 7/22 (13/13)
RA A(S): 19/22 (13/13)
LL A(S): 0/24 (8/17)
RL A(S):17/24 (17/17)
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 17
Movement: 4/6/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 5, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Leutnant Samantha Clover
Mechwarrior Player: Mukaikubo
Mechwarrior Status: Sprained back, severe concussion (consciousness 5+)!
Armament:
Large Laser – LT (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
LRM 15 – RA (Heat: 5, Ammo: 1, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser (REAR) – LT(R) (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – CT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Autocannon/5 – LA (Heat: 1, Ammo: 1, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: No hands

BNC-3S Banshee
Notes: ‘Mech destroyed, pilot killed!

WLF-1 Wolfhound
Notes: ‘Mech destroyed, pilot taken by the Clans!

Rommel Tank:
Notes: Tank destroyed, crew escaped into the woods!

Enemy Status
Beta Krait
B1 Battle Cobra
Critical Damage: Destroyed!
Notes: Counts as rough terrain!

B2 Thunderchild
Tonnage: 50
Critical Damage: Right Arm Destroyed!
Notes: Retreated off map!

B3 Copperhead
Notes: Forced off map!

B4 Mugger
Target: CP-10-Z Cyclops!
Pilot Name: Mechwarrior Azael
Notes:

B5 Lucerne
Target: ZEU-6S Zeus
Pilot Name: Mechwarrior Drang
Notes: Equipped with ECM, using ECM to generate Ghost Targets!

Gamma Boa
G1 Unknown Assault
Tonnage: 80
Target: None Possible!
Pilot Name: ???
Notes:

G2 Unknown Assault
Tonnage: 80
Notes:

G3 Unknown Assault
Tonnage: 85
Notes:

G4 Unknown Assault
Tonnage: 90
Notes:

G5 Unknown Assault
Tonnage: 95
Pilot Name: Star Colonel Dusk
Pilot: Piloting 2, Gunnery 1
Notes:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 18, 2011

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

These dice are really starting to harsh my buzz.

So be it! I will fight the massed power of the clans and the very gods of luck themselves if need be. Stand- STAND AND DELIVER!

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Well that was amusing.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

LeschNyhan posted:

Yep. Just throwing in a little reminder that, awesome as this fistfight has been, it was chosen for the situational advantage. If you're going out, might as well wreck that mech as much as you can. Ejecting won't save you, and I don't see Sam surrendering, so there's not much to lose. Besides, one little "I lied" would absolve other Steiner pilots of the need to know and understand 'Steiner Rules.'

Only draw back would be losing the reputation built up by the Wolfhound, but we'd be trading 'batshit bastards who fight to the end' for 'batshit bastards who will never stop trying to maximize your pain' and honestly who needs respect when you can inspire fear.

Captain Foo posted:

That's stupid; you're stupid.

:emo:

Edit: Ah, things happened while I was typing. ... well, that little bit of shut eye bought you a turn. :ohdear:

the JJ fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 18, 2011

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Tear that shirt and channel the spirit of the Wolfhound, because we have to get up. We invented Steiner rules and we have to preserve them for others in the future!

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Tear that shirt and channel the spirit of the Wolfhound, because we have to get up. We invented Steiner rules and we have to preserve them for others in the future!

Response:

quote:

"Never give up- NEVER surrender." -Captain Peter Q. Taggart, NSEA Protector

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

the JJ posted:

Yep. Just throwing in a little reminder that, awesome as this fistfight has been, it was chosen for the situational advantage. If you're going out, might as well wreck that mech as much as you can. Ejecting won't save you, and I don't see Sam surrendering, so there's not much to lose. Besides, one little "I lied" would absolve other Steiner pilots of the need to know and understand 'Steiner Rules.'

At this point, though, 'Steiner Rules' would give the Lyrans a massive strategic advantage. House Steiner has a LOT of assault weight mechs, and if you can convince these assholes with their speed/range/heat/weapons optimized monster mechs to get up-close-and-personal...well, then it's an even fight.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
At least until the Steel Vipers invent the hatchet.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

LeschNyhan posted:

At this point, though, 'Steiner Rules' would give the Lyrans a massive strategic advantage. House Steiner has a LOT of assault weight mechs, and if you can convince these assholes with their speed/range/heat/weapons optimized monster mechs to get up-close-and-personal...well, then it's an even fight.

More than even: OmniMechs can't have hands or lower arms if they have an AC, GR or PPC in them, so that's a +2 TN, and Clanners get another +1 for being Clan. Two of Steiner's three favorite assaults, the Atlas and Banshee, however, do.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

I am not sure if 'Steiner Rules' will actually spread. I get the feeling that Star Colonel Dusk knows that they were bullshit rules made up on the spot, but is going along with it because it increases the chance of her subordinates being humiliated and defeated. Also it is probably metal as hell to watch, even for stuffy clanners.

e: Not to mention the clans do sometimes adapt after they get burned by IS bullshit enough times. That +1 TH modifier won't last forever if the Vipers actually learn to understand melee combat.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Apr 18, 2011

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Maybe they started that way, but now that they've seen how hard the 2nd Donegal are, who are they to say no?

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

At this point I'm starting to get an Adagio for D Minor music vibe from Samantha's repeated attempts to get up and keep fighting a superior force, in a fire, when she's the last (as far as she knows) member of her unit, all to buy time for someone else to leave... it's a pretty damned cinematic fight, win or lose.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

KnoxZone posted:

I am not sure if 'Steiner Rules' will actually spread. I get the feeling that Star Colonel Dusk knows that they were bullshit rules made up on the spot, but is going along with it because it increases the chance of her subordinates being humiliated and defeated. Also it is probably metal as hell to watch, even for stuffy clanners.

That's the only problem. How smart are the Vipers? And what, aside from pride, would be won if Sam manages to down her opponents?

The way I see it... Mugger killed the Colonel. Can't kill the Mugger until we kill the Lucerne. i want dead Clanners now more than I want longshot odds.

Also, RE: Steiner Mechs and fists: Clearly, kicking is better anyway.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Shiiiiit, it was close for a moment, there.

Hell, what am I saying. You still have a shot, hit him again!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Mukaikubo posted:

At this point I'm starting to get an Adagio for D Minor music vibe from Samantha's repeated attempts to get up and keep fighting a superior force, in a fire, when she's the last (as far as she knows) member of her unit, all to buy time for someone else to leave... it's a pretty damned cinematic fight, win or lose.

There's still Caesar Steiner. He'll come back and save Samantha and Hunter with Caesar's Legion. Count on it!

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

KnoxZone posted:

e: Not to mention the clans do sometimes adapt after they get burned by IS bullshit enough times. That +1 TH modifier won't last forever if the Vipers actually learn to understand melee combat.

Still, even a minor advantage during the first Clan push into the Inner Sphere can mean the difference between hundreds or thousands of deaths.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

KnoxZone posted:

Given how deftly he handled the fight, I'd say this particular clanner understands it just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

Mukaikubo posted:

A bit less Adagio for D Minor and a bit more Adagio for Strings, I should think...

• Locked thread