Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

the Bunt posted:

I still REALLY miss Kris Norris' prescence in DH.

Their newest album is a lot cooler than Eternal Return though. I think I'm in the minority in thinking that Deliver Us is the greatest album they've made.

I also think Deliver Us is their best, so maybe you're not in the minority after all?

Also I was just listening to Straight Line Stitch earlier and I thought they were actually pretty entertaining, much better than I expected, but I can certainly see why people wouldn't like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
All I care about is seeing Darkest Hour and Black Dahlia Murder on the same night. Here's to hoping they play a brand new song..

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

I used to be really into Darkest Hour during The Mark of the Judas era but haven't really cared about them since. I should check out their other stuff.

I love Black Dahlia Murder though, they might be incentive to go to the show anyway.

I know it's been discussed in this thread already but The Discovery by Born of Osiris is really blowing me the gently caress away recently.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

Darkest Hour really stepped their game up with The Human Romance. Give it a listen.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
Really listen to any of their tapes, Sadist Nation, Undoing Ruin, Deliver Me... haven't listened since Mark of Judas? you are a weird man. They are good.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Alright alright, you guys have convinced me. Checking out the rest of their discog while I relisten to Judas.. which is still a loving great album.

e: Amazing that after not even having listened to this album in literally years I still remember a lot of the words. gently caress Yeah Music

e2: GOTDAMN I have a lot of music to listen to with all these albums

ShoogaSlim fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Apr 2, 2011

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT

Klaus Kinski posted:

Deliver us is a great album but undoing ruin is JUST THAT GOOD, sorry. Most of my *core band friends think deliver us is their best though, so you're not alone!

Don't get me wrong, Undoing Ruin is almost tied with Deliver Us for me. Deliver Us took everything I loved about Undoing Ruin and cranked it up to 11.

Then The Eternal Return came. :sigh:

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006
Saw Bring Me The Horizon last night and they were nothing short of loving AMAZING. Unfortunately the other bands (A Day To Remember) were so bad I was literally laughing out loud at their set and left early. Ahh good times. So many LGs there for that poo poo too.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

Xenoid posted:

Saw Bring Me The Horizon last night and they were nothing short of loving AMAZING. Unfortunately the other bands (A Day To Remember) were so bad I was literally laughing out loud at their set and left early. Ahh good times. So many LGs there for that poo poo too.

BMTH is an awesome band to see live, very talented. My band played a few of the shows on the tour with Misery Signals and The Ghost Inside and it was a good time.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

the Bunt posted:

Don't get me wrong, Undoing Ruin is almost tied with Deliver Us for me. Deliver Us took everything I loved about Undoing Ruin and cranked it up to 11.

Then The Eternal Return came. :sigh:

and then The Human Romance came. :)

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

The Eternal Return still has two of the best tracks they've ever written. "The Tides" and "Trancendence"

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

krustster posted:

and then The Human Romance came. :)

I hope this is true!

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

OnlyJuanMon posted:

The Eternal Return still has two of the best tracks they've ever written. "The Tides" and "Trancendence"

This is also true. Eternal Return really could only be considered "bad" by the band's already lofty standard. It was still a really good tape, just not earth-shattering like Deliver Us

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Weed smokin', joint tokin', fake Jew of the Weed thread

Eight Is Legend posted:

Heaviest band at their high school, no doubt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWnJfLFmqmg

I WANNA SEE YOU CRY, BITCH!

Embrace the End much?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhddQRj7gdc

Cock Soup
Oct 15, 2006

heeebrew posted:

Embrace the End much?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhddQRj7gdc

I don't know what I'm supposed to be hearing but I'm not hearing it.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

I guess he means the video is shot in a similar style? :confused:

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

krustster posted:

I guess he means the video is shot in a similar style? :confused:

YES!!!!!

I want to know what the best new hardcore albums are this year from your area. First Blood's new album is good from SF.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

heeebrew posted:

YES!!!!!

I want to know what the best new hardcore albums are this year from your area. First Blood's new album is good from SF.

Wrong thread man:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2673084

:)

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

I want to listen to stuff like this though : Arturo Gatti http://www.myspace.com/arturogatti

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
I dont know how many of you are chimaira fans, but im a HUGE one.

http://www.theprp.com/2011/04/05/news/chris-spicuzza-leaves-chimaira/

This is ontop of the bassist already leaving, and like THREE other members (everyone but the vocalist, really) joining Six Feet Under as well as "staying" in chimaira.

I dont think this band is gonna be around much longer which is a drat shame. They honestly havent made a bad album since Impossibility of reason IMO.

They have a new album dropping in august i think, im hoping they just complete a tour or two for it so i can see them live :smith:

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

heeebrew posted:

I want to listen to stuff like this though : Arturo Gatti http://www.myspace.com/arturogatti

those bro's are still around? I remember finding them on MySpace in like 2006. I have to check their page when I get home :)

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Arturo Gatti is not around anymore AFAIK. I used to be close buddies with them!

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

heeebrew posted:

YES!!!!!

First Blood is so drat good. "Silence is Betrayal" was one of my favorite albums of last year, like number 2 or 3 on the list I created. I don't have any good bands in my area but the new Lionheart tape is pretty good and I think they are from your area

also don't listen to that other guy, the punk/hardcore/emo thread is full of weird and bad stuff like the weird poo poo that one guy was telling us was better than everything in this thread.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Remembering Never also has a tape allegedly coming out this year but they haven't been very forthcoming with updates. It'll be super great though I'm sure.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Remembering Never rules, I forgot about those guys.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

I can't remember if this was posted before or not, but All Shall Perish have had a new song up for some time now and it's badass.

https://www.facebook.com/allshallperish

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Bahaha, now andols herrick is out of chimaira (again) also :psyduck:

What the gently caress is going on with this band??

http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/04/13/now-andols-herrick-is-out-chimaira-too-again/

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

krustster posted:

First Blood is so drat good. "Silence is Betrayal" was one of my favorite albums of last year, like number 2 or 3 on the list I created. I don't have any good bands in my area but the new Lionheart tape is pretty good and I think they are from your area

also don't listen to that other guy, the punk/hardcore/emo thread is full of weird and bad stuff like the weird poo poo that one guy was telling us was better than everything in this thread.

haha I'm buds with Rob (from lionheart) but I haven't seen him in years! My band used to play with Lionheart (when they were xSKYxBLEEDSxREDx) pretty often actually. Fun guys.

heeebrew fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Apr 16, 2011

Percy Teatwillow
Jan 9, 2006

let us go out this evening for pleasure, for the night is still young
New Chelsea Grin:

My Damnation

The vocals are very different, I'm not sure what to make of it yet.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Percy Teatwillow posted:

New Chelsea Grin:

My Damnation

The vocals are very different, I'm not sure what to make of it yet.

Not bad I guess. I was super disappointed with their last full-length because it was not nearly as raw/heavy sounding as the EP, way too clean production. You could hear the (bad) difference in the re-recording of "Cheyne-Stokes". This sounds a little grittier and has regained some of the lost heaviness.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Aside from an increased vocal range from the singer, which is a welcome thing, it sounds like run of the mill Chelsea Grin. I have my moments when I get down to it here and there but it isn't breathtaking or amazing in any way.

Also, those are some of the loving worst WORST lyrics I've ever read. Sheeiiiitt..

e: oh gently caress as soon as I hit submit I heard the "oh god" spoken word-ish cry and it was straight out of the Emmure bag of tricks.

The Dirtyness
Sep 13, 2007
Saw BTBAM today on their tour with Job for a Cowboy and The Ocean. BTBAM absolutely killed it. They started the set by playing all of the new EP and then played Sun of Nothing, Ants of the Sky, Fossil Genera, and White Walls. They were going to play more but apparently the venue has some kind of bullshit curfew rule or something where you can't have a show go past 10pm, but whatever. Hypersleep Dialogues is incredible live. If you like BTBAM you owe it to yourself to go see them. Tommy Rogers brings a lot of energy and really gets the crowd fired up.

I was surprised by how boring Job for a Cowboy was though. Maybe they don't have their own sound guy because they're not headlining but they sounded terrible. All I could hear was the drums the entire set. I'm also not really a big fan of their new album, which is what they were playing for the most part. Entombment of a Machine was sick though.

The Ocean was also pretty great, but it was obvious not many people knew about them or really cared for them. Kind of a shame. I've only listened to Precambrian once or twice but they definitely convinced me to go revisit it.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

Dilemna of the century.

That BTBAM and JFAC show is coming to a venue here in Atlanta UPSTAIRS.

BUT DOWNSTAIRS, on the exact same night is Trapped Under Ice, Stick To Your Guns, and motherfucking Terror.

I'll be sprinting up and down steps all night.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

OnlyJuanMon posted:

Trapped Under Ice, Stick To Your Guns, and motherfucking Terror.
This show is coming to my area soon too. Still not 100% sure if I'm going or not.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

The Dirtyness posted:

Saw BTBAM today on their tour with Job for a Cowboy and The Ocean. BTBAM absolutely killed it. They started the set by playing all of the new EP and then played Sun of Nothing, Ants of the Sky, Fossil Genera, and White Walls. They were going to play more but apparently the venue has some kind of bullshit curfew rule or something where you can't have a show go past 10pm, but whatever. Hypersleep Dialogues is incredible live. If you like BTBAM you owe it to yourself to go see them. Tommy Rogers brings a lot of energy and really gets the crowd fired up.

I was surprised by how boring Job for a Cowboy was though. Maybe they don't have their own sound guy because they're not headlining but they sounded terrible. All I could hear was the drums the entire set. I'm also not really a big fan of their new album, which is what they were playing for the most part. Entombment of a Machine was sick though.

The Ocean was also pretty great, but it was obvious not many people knew about them or really cared for them. Kind of a shame. I've only listened to Precambrian once or twice but they definitely convinced me to go revisit it.

Nice to hear about Parallax sounding good live. Very disappointing to hear Fossil Genera is in the set, as that is by far my least favorite BTBAM track since Shevanel Take 2. Also sad to hear nothing pre-Colors.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

OnlyJuanMon posted:

Dilemna of the century.

BUT DOWNSTAIRS, on the exact same night is Trapped Under Ice, Stick To Your Guns, and motherfucking Terror.

Just stay downstairs the whole time

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

^ Maybe just scoot upstairs for Entombment, no?

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008

OnlyJuanMon posted:

^ Maybe just scoot upstairs for Entombment, no?

Just forget upstairs exists and see btbam when they are on a ticket with better bands.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

krustster posted:

Just stay downstairs the whole time

This.

I can't even say I'm a fan of BTBAM, I'm just a fan of their first album and that's it. Not even a fan of Terror but the vocalist is always entertaining. http://www.vogelisms.com/ (keep hitting refresh)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

OnlyJuanMon posted:

Dilemna of the century.

The Masquerade?