Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlightlyMadman
Jan 14, 2005

Zool posted:

I can think of a few things older than Amber, like whatever is immediately underneath it when you pull a piece out of the ground.

They didn't say it was the oldest substance known to man or anything, just that it's the oldest substance known to them. Just like how the highest number they know is 74, even they probably keep going after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Zool posted:

I can think of a few things older than Amber, like whatever is immediately underneath it when you pull a piece out of the ground.

Fossilised resins, like what the two bros were smoking when they came up with these lovely-rear end cans.

:downsrim:

SlightlyMadman
Jan 14, 2005

Dude ... we should like ... vagazzle our motorcycles ...

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

SlightlyMadman posted:

Dude ... we should like ... vagazzle our motorcycles ...

I've always considered my bike a diamond in the muff.

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Shouting Melon posted:

Perth. Well, up in the hills to the east where all the nice roads are, but still generally in a Perth-y sort of direction.

Yeah.. I'm five minutes from Obriens, Weir Road, etc ;)

I'm guessing we probably do our grocery shopping at the same place, small world buddy, small world ;)

TheLarson
Oct 14, 2004

PREPARE FOR THE WOODSHED!
BOW BEFORE KING JIGGLES!

Slamburger posted:

Just picked up an 848, here are some pics:

That bike has carbon bits in all the right places. I'm thinking about getting some for mine to replace the black plastic. Who made those pieces?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

TheLarson posted:

That bike has carbon bits in all the right places. I'm thinking about getting some for mine to replace the black plastic. Who made those pieces?

The undertank panels and bellypan are from MotoWheels, and the exhaust guard is from Shift-tech. The fit and finish from both vendors is excellent.

Edit: Also, if I did it again, I wouldn't get the bellypan. A one-piece non-race bellypan is just a hassle to get on and off for maintenance

Slamburger fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 18, 2011

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I got a bike this weekend:

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.

Pope Mobile posted:

I've always liked the :cthulhu: look of the fazer

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
The SV650 party has been the dominate standard 600 class motorcycle in Cycle Asylum far too long. It's time for its better looking and more burning electrical smelling brethren to topple the hierarchy.

(black looks awesome btw)

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
The FZ6 is a great bike, enjoy.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Pope Mobile posted:

Nice, congrats!

The oil filter looks like it's messy to change, but I suppose it's easy to just cover the pipes with something and mess all you want.

def snow leppard
Sep 12, 2010

Ola posted:

Nice, congrats!

The oil filter looks like it's messy to change, but I suppose it's easy to just cover the pipes with something and mess all you want.

Oil filters on the left side, not by the pipes. At least thats how it is on mine.

I'll have to get some pictures of my bike, don't think I have any.

def snow leppard fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Apr 18, 2011

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Oh I thought the silver thing was the filter.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Ola posted:

Oh I thought the silver thing was the filter.

That where it was on my FZR. Made oil changes a bit of a PITA especially since my headers were a tad...bent...and didn't come off easily.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Clank posted:

Oil filters on the left side, not by the pipes. At least thats how it is on mine.

I'll have to get some pictures of my bike, don't think I have any.

The owner & service manuals both show that as the location of my filter.

Also: gently caress yeah for centerstands.

makka-setan
Jan 21, 2004

Happy camping.
'Sup FZ6 buddy?

I got a FZ6n S2 ABS a couple of weeks ago. It's all good on winding country roads and in town, but highway travel.. well.. blows. Still loving the naked look though.

The modding itch started to set in even before I got it, but so far I'm just looking at straighter handlebars and perhaps some fender eliminator kit with mini LED indicators.

Anyone know any higher and straighter handlebars that will fit without lenghtening cabling and wires?

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Pope Mobile posted:

Also: gently caress yeah for centerstands.

I just had to swap shocks on my hornet. It would have been so much easier with a centerstand, not having to hold the bike up on a paddock stand with one hand and position jack stands with the other. There's only so many times you can do that before you drop the bike.

elsanto
Apr 6, 2004

FZ6s are awesome bikes. Quick, decent ergos, good looking, not that hard to work on, and can be had for cheap second hand. Great for commuting and cutting up the backroads.

sewersider
Jun 12, 2008

Damned near Freudian slipped on my arse
Finally upgrading from my old cbr125 to a cb400.
Bought the 2011 model new, god drat it's awesome :D

Gonna miss the old pocket rocket though, great learner bike :)

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

That has to be the best looking 400!

sewersider
Jun 12, 2008

Yeah, the colour scheme looks awesome, but god drat it's a beautiful bike to ride, the weight takes a little getting used to (compared to a 125 that is) but it just handles so well compared to it in turns of stability. The accelleration is just awesome, especially at around 6-8k revs. Had to be careful with the tires though, cold tires are slippery.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

sewersider posted:

Had to be careful with the tires though, cold tires are slippery.

Has probably more to do with them being new. :) Thing is a beaut!

Open Layer
Apr 16, 2008

Took baby out a run up west today, there are some ridiculously fun roads here. A cloud flew by as I took this:

looking better than when hiding from the snow in her foxhole :D

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

sewersider posted:

Fantastic looking bike. Why the hell don't we get them in the US?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Pvt. Public posted:

125cc is a girlie bike :clint:

Etc.

def snow leppard
Sep 12, 2010

KozmoNaut posted:

Etc.

I started on one and the one time I saw another one it was ridden by a girl. Also the guy who bought mine bought it for his wife. So I guess it's true. Good learner bike, but got tired of it pretty quick.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Psh, I would love to flog the gently caress out of a 125 on the street. All the WOT you can handle, none of the speeding tickets!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Pvt. Public posted:

Psh, I would love to flog the gently caress out of a 125 on the street. All the WOT you can handle, none of the speeding tickets!

It would have to be one of these, though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIP2w9qevCc

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am perfectly fine with that. :colbert:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Pvt. Public posted:

We get this I guess

http://powersports.honda.com/2011/cbr250r.aspx

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

KozmoNaut posted:

Etc.

Have you seen the Honda m/c catalogue pages for the CBF125? It's this mentally challenged looking dude with appropriately Latin five o'clock shadow who has this orgasmic expression on his face when riding his 8.5hp CBF. He's also purchased fully colour-matched riding kit for his girlfriend. For their 125.

ne: found it. When the scooterists look less retarded than you, it's time to give up motorcycling my friend.

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/_assets/downloads/brochures/motorcycle/125cc.pdf

e: no offense to Gay Nudist Dad. There's nothing wrong with scooters. Except maybe Quadrophenia.

Saga fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Apr 21, 2011

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Pvt. Public posted:

It's called scooters.

sewersider
Jun 12, 2008

Saga posted:

Have you seen the Honda m/c catalogue pages for the CBF125? It's this mentally challenged looking dude with appropriately Latin five o'clock shadow who has this orgasmic expression on his face when riding his 8.5hp CBF. He's also purchased fully colour-matched riding kit for his girlfriend. For their 125.

ne: found it. When the scooterists look less retarded than you, it's time to give up motorcycling my friend.

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/_assets/downloads/brochures/motorcycle/125cc.pdf

e: no offense to Gay Nudist Dad. There's nothing wrong with scooters. Except maybe Quadrophenia.

Wow that face looks almost photoshopped on.
And hell the cbr125 is a great bike to learn on, I don't care what anyone says :D

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

lancemantis posted:

We get this I guess

Ugh that loving pipe... :barf:

That being said, yes please!

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

It's called scooters.

I've never met a scooter that I was comfortable sitting on. I've tried, too, as the massive turnover of students here makes them readily available and cheap.

mattmofob
May 2, 2005

DUCK
How about a street legal mini bike?
http://shop.pitsterpro.com/retroclassics.aspx

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

lancemantis posted:

We get this I guess

Holy crap, when did Honda decide to sell a 250 in the US market? Bout drat time we got more small bikes over here. Need to start paying better attention to moto news.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
If you want a 250 in the US, get a WR250X.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

pr0zac posted:

Holy crap, when did Honda decide to sell a 250 in the US market? Bout drat time we got more small bikes over here. Need to start paying better attention to moto news.

This was pretty much my reaction. Local dealer claims to have some arriving "soon".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

lancemantis posted:

We get this I guess

Yeah, that'd be a pretty good bike.

If you're a pussy. :smugdog: