Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
You are a *silly* *camper*. Lindsey is from *outside*. You do not know *special things*. Here is some. *Time* is not one but many. *Space* is many. *Colors* are many. You are so *sticky*. You cannot *slide* like Lindsey from *outside* to *inside* and *in between*. It is sad, but Lindsey can *pull* the *campers* after being *connected*. This is soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.
It is nice to *smell* you again.

Nnnnnngaaaa!!!! I am *squeezing* the *juice*.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
*Campers* think that Lindsey is *many bubbles*. It is so *silly*! Soon, though, it will be time for *spicy games* at the *house*!

But do not ask about *leaks*. *Leaks* in the *dorm* make Lindsey too much *frumple*. So bad!

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

idonotlikepeas posted:

*Campers* think that Lindsey is *many bubbles*. It is so *silly*! Soon, though, it will be time for *spicy games* at the *house*!

But do not ask about *leaks*. *Leaks* in the *dorm* make Lindsey too much *frumple*. So bad!

I'm not sure exactly what is going on with these last few posts, but I'm getting some serious Instruction for a Fruit vibes. And that is not a bad thing.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

JackGeneric posted:

I'm not sure exactly what is going on with these last few posts,

The Ur-Quan Masters command you to become educated.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

JackGeneric posted:

I'm not sure exactly what is going on with these last few posts, but I'm getting some serious Instruction for a Fruit vibes. And that is not a bad thing.

Sorry, in jokes are only ever cool for the people who are in on them. We were referencing the Orz, a race of multidimensional being(s) projected into what we know of as reality. Their language is difficult to translate, so the translation computer is forced to use best-guess matches, designated in *asterisks*, which often heavily obfuscates the intended meaning and leaves the true nature of the Orz mainly a mystery.

Star Control 2 (and the remake The Ur-Quan Masters) is an awesome game.

Instruction for a Fruit was pretty awesome, too.

Edit: vvv Yeah, that's what I meant by putting the plural in parentheses.

And while SC3 is indeed terrible, playing SC1 is alright but it isn't really necessary to enjoy SC2. SC2 is by far the most enjoyable of the series.

McGravin fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 16, 2011

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
It's actually not clear whether they're a race of beings, or just one being called Orz who looks like multiple beings because of how it intersects with our reality.

Do look into Star Control 2. Just... don't bother with the third game.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
And also don't ask about the Androsynth.

Just...

trust me on that one.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Kat, this is a terrible way to promote good relations between humans and the forest.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So how much will Reynardine love this movie?

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
I think the Kat-talking-about-real-life-things (The Prodigy, Metal Gear Solid) are always my least favorite bits because of how out of place they feel in a world that exists so far removed from anything resembling real life, they just seem like author indulgence.

Willing to make an exception this time though :colbert:

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Just like with every new chapter, I tried to keep myself from reading until a week or two had gone by to get a whole bunch at once, and just like in every chapter I failed miserably. I'm glad this time, though. :allears:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Haledjian posted:

I think the Kat-talking-about-real-life-things (The Prodigy, Metal Gear Solid) are always my least favorite bits because of how out of place they feel in a world that exists so far removed from anything resembling real life, they just seem like author indulgence.

Willing to make an exception this time though :colbert:

I like the end-of-chapter pages specifically because they're author indulgence. Tea-san gets to do something different for the comic, we get a new and frequently weird kind of strip that is intentionally outside the tone and context of the rest of the strip, so it's all just one happy melange of stuff without the usual webcomic "now I feel like doing drama so HERE IS A SAD THING IN YOUR GAG A DAY STRIP" nonsense.

Swords is the best.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Don't people get decapitated with arrows in this movie? Kat I think you may be forgetting Annie's previous reaction to violent media :ohdear:

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Heliotrope posted:

Don't people get decapitated with arrows in this movie? Kat I think you may be forgetting Annie's previous reaction to violent media :ohdear:

Multiple people get decapitated.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Wolves don't fare well, either.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Man, just look at this loving panel. Look at it, I say. It brings a tear to my eye how far his skills have come.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

FredMSloniker posted:

The Ur-Quan Masters command you to become educated.

As does gog.com!

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
I'm assuming the end of this one would make sense to me if I'd watched Princess Mononoke

Like that Renardine turned back into a wolf mid-movie.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Moro was a giant wolf goddess. She laments the slow loss of her tribe and land to encroaching humans. She comes to terms with this by eating them. Also go watch Princess Mononoke, like right now. The dub is excellent.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Haledjian posted:

I'm assuming the end of this one would make sense to me if I'd watched Princess Mononoke
It's a film about some place where wild creatures are intelligent and powerful, but man is encroaching on their land and starting to discover guns/machinery/industry. One of the main characters is a girl raised by wolves.

Basically, humans "win" in the end.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

^^ Ahhh, beaten.

For the uninitiated, Princess Mononoke is an environmentalist fable. It pits the animal gods of the forest and the titular feral girl against a (surprisingly not straw-manned) industrially expanding human settlement.

Moro, pictured here, is the wolf god and San/Mononoke's adoptive mother. I won't spoil anything, but she's a very badass figure in the film.

Honestly, Princess Mononoke is a very safe recommendation for anyone who enjoys the major themes of Gunnerkrigg Court. And anyone else. But I don't know why anyone else would be in this thread.

Kismet fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 21, 2011

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

Kismet posted:

But I don't know why anyone else would be in this thread.

I was told there would be free food, but it's been seven months and I haven't seen a drat sandwich.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

I don't understand, we packed loads of them in lunchboxbot. :confused:

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

YggiDee posted:

The dub is excellent.

It is indeed. Gillian Anderson (Scully from X-Files) is the voice of Moro, and John DiMaggio (Bender from Futurama) does a voice, as well as Billy Bob Thornton, Billy Crudup, Claire Danes, and Minnie Driver. Pretty good lineup.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

How DO they make the pictures move???

OurLivesOnline
Nov 5, 2009

let's be friends

Doctor Reynolds posted:

How DO they make the pictures move???

Magic. Etherial science.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Saoshyant posted:

Man, just look at this loving panel. Look at it, I say. It brings a tear to my eye how far his skills have come.

Kat leaning against Renard like that is adorable. :3:

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Volume's 1 and 3 (Pre-order) are currently $17.79 on Amazon. My book 1 just arrived, and it looks gorgeous. I can't believe I didn't buy it sooner (although $27 was a little bit of a hard sell).

Volume 2 is still $499.99 at Amazon, but Tom said that should change if it gets a reprint. Although I think I may be able to find it for $27 at a local store.

OurLivesOnline
Nov 5, 2009

let's be friends

Cozz posted:

Volume's 1 and 3 (Pre-order) are currently $17.79 on Amazon. My book 1 just arrived, and it looks gorgeous. I can't believe I didn't buy it sooner (although $27 was a little bit of a hard sell).

Volume 2 is still $499.99 at Amazon, but Tom said that should change if it gets a reprint. Although I think I may be able to find it for $27 at a local store.

:stare: Wait what. That... That sure is a price right there.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Pretty sure that's caused by independent sellers running bots that aggregate supply/price data on their stock from various places online and generate high-profit listings. It works fine as long as the item's had a large enough print run to make second-hand prices match demand, but for smaller runs there's so little data that the figures get really out of whack. You see it a hell of a lot on Amazon, and the giveaway is always when there are two or more generic sellers offering the same ludicrous price with 0.01c difference where they automatically undercut each other.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

wyoming posted:

Kat leaning against Renard like that is adorable. :3:

The best part of having a big dog is using it for a backrest pillow. Try it next time you are near an appropriately large canine!

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."
Conversely, the worst part of owning a big dog is when he wants to use you as a backrest or pillow. Do not attempt this the next time you are near an appropriately large canine!

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

The best part of owning a big backrest or pillow is tying it on a leash and using it as a dog. Try it next time you're near a big backrest or pillow! :unsmith:

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

Conversely, the worst part of owning a big backrest or pillow is when it wants to tie you on a leash and use you as a dog. Do not attempt this the next time you are near an appropriately large backrest or pillow!

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Please note that a dog is not a body pillow, and any attempts to use one as such will lead to back pain within four hours.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Magnus Condomus posted:

Please note that a dog is not a body pillow, and any attempts to use one as such will lead to back pain within four hours.

Sounds like your dog is defective. If it's still under warantee, send it back to the manufacturer for repair/replacement/refund.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Micgael posted:

Conversely, the worst part of owning a big dog is when he wants to use you as a backrest or pillow. Do not attempt this the next time you are near an appropriately large canine!

No, I'm pretty sure this is also the best part of owning a big dog.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I should have given this a try back when I had a dog...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Judging by the sugar cube shrine on this new chapter's title page, it looks like Annie is going to be giving and taking some LSD. Her time in the forest must have turned her into more of a hippie than we thought.