Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"
There's no way this is anything but Justin putting out a contract on Max, one way or another.

I'm voting A, Accept the Mysterious Contract.

They've taken our hangers-on and killed them. They've taken our world. All that is left is Vengeance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Ooh, that Capellan letter has me intrigued. Wonder if that's from Justin or Romano offering to take out dear old Dad.

It wouldn't be very Space Mexican-y to pass up a chance at revenge. Accept.

E: I see great minds think alike. :black101::hf::black101:

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
My vote is for option A. Colonel Camacho desires satisfaction (vengeance) for the execution of his wife; let him have it. As for Caesar, unless he has the luck of a devil, he's got a good chance of losing to Star Colonel Dusk. Seventeen minutes unless the Tigris can leave?! Exactly how long does it take for a dropship to power up?

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Accept Mysterious Contract

I don't believe it possible to do otherwise.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

landcollector posted:

My vote is for option A. Colonel Camacho desires satisfaction (vengeance) for the execution of his wife; let him have it. As for Caesar, unless he has the luck of a devil, he's got a good chance of losing to Star Colonel Dusk. Seventeen minutes unless the Tigris can leave?! Exactly how long does it take for one to power up?

Hours for the little ones. Days for the big ones. A dropship is not a "hop in and head into space" sort of ship. They can be launched in a hurry, but that's usually just a good way to discover someone left a cargo hatch open on the Fiesta deck.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Son of a bitch, more goddamn space mexicans.

I vote C, if only to keep from having to watch round 2 of "Space Mexicans use great dice rolls and lovely planning to crush the Death Commandos".

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

PoptartsNinja posted:

Hours for the little ones. Days for the big ones. A dropship is not a "hop in and head into space" sort of ship. They can be launched in a hurry, but that's usually just a good way to discover someone left a cargo hatch open on the Fiesta deck.

Wouldn't be much of a Fiesta Deck if it didn't have that open-air feel...

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Based on that, I guess the Euphrates isn't going anywhere for quite a long time...

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
A! FOR THE JUSTICE FOOT THIRSTS FOR VENGANCE!

It's also not a fan of Vegans. Waht kinda rear end in a top hat doesn't like meat and Cheese? How the hell would they enjoy tacos then? Anyone who doesn't like good tacos can die in a fire

bunnyofdoom fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Apr 19, 2011

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Hm. Choices, choices. Tough ones, too.

I say D. The only good Capellan is a dead Capellan. And gently caress Duncan Marik if he thinks we're going to just give up what we bled for.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

A.

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

PoptartsNinja posted:

I don't think that will actually do anything worse than depressurize the Fiesta Deck as long as all the internals are sealed, when you're launching. You don't want to try to aerobrake with a hatch undogged, but you should be able to make it into space "safely" enough.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!

Zaodai posted:

Hell yes, more goddamn space Mexicans!

This calls for A! Fortune favors the bold, coronel!

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
Ah, hell, why not? A

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

A
:smug:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Oh god, the scene shifting is agony! :suspense:

Vote A. Fortune gives a measure of revenge.

Defiance Industries posted:

Lincoln Osis' giant head says you remind him of his favorite food, the Double-Down.

Barry Bonds?

Edit to remove me being a moron.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Apr 19, 2011

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Zaodai posted:

I vote C, if only to keep from having to watch round 2 of "Space Mexicans use great dice rolls and lovely planning to crush the Death Commandos".

Hey, it's not the Caballeros' fault Space Chinese minefields happen to be utter poo poo. :laugh:

E:

bunnyofdoom posted:

A! FOR THE JUSTICE FOOT THIRSTS FOR VEGANCE!

What? The Capellans are vegans? All the more reason to rush over there and start stomping poo poo.

anakha fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 19, 2011

Aesirstorm
Sep 16, 2002

NOT GAY
Dinosaur Gum
A

Intrigue! In space! With giant robots!

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Arujei posted:

Hell yes, more goddamn space Mexicans!

This calls for A! Fortune favors the bold, coronel!
A. Rage favors the Space Mexicans!

Incidentally, Poptarts, when were you planning on closing the Far Country competition thing?

SageSepth
May 10, 2004
Luck is probability given way to superstition
A Also, more on round 2 of 2nd D v Clan SV, it was just getting good too.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Voting A. Time for the Space Mexicans to get their stabbin' on. Also time for the return of los Fut de Justica!

(I am so, so very sorry if the above is not actual Spanish.)

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Lincoln Osis' giant head says you remind him of his favorite food, the Double-Down.

Heh, that giant head is an easy target for a few .50 Cal. anti-vehicle rounds, just to be sure for a person of his gene-type. Or, I could stuff his mouth full of his favorite food and wait for him to die of either clogged arteries or a heart attack.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
You should edit that post, Bad Moon.

landcollector fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Apr 19, 2011

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

landcollector posted:

Heh, that giant head is an easy target for a few .50 Cal. anti-vehicle rounds, just to be sure for a person of his gene-type. Or, I could stuff his mouth full of his favorite food and wait for him to die of either clogged arteries or a heart attack.

Of all the ridiculous things in BattleTech, easily the dumbest is him losing a fight to Victor Davion. Lincoln Osis took shits bigger than him.

Anyway, D cause you can't do all this killing for something and then just ditch it for what might be nothing.

Anyway Caesar's got a plan. I don't know what it is but I assume it involves off-map movement which he totally gets to do.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Apr 19, 2011

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
As much as I want to see the space mexicans get their revenge on, I have to agree with Zaodai and vote:
C) Ignore the mysterious contract and return to Atreus as-ordered,
but for a slightly different reason.

Blood for blood is dandy, but I want some variety in the PTNverse. Let's start a few more storylines before we wrap them up in beautiful revenge (against space chineses).

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Nothing to see here, move along citizen.

Zaodai fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Apr 19, 2011

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
A
Mad Max will destory the mexicans with his DEATH STAR "Mwahaha you can not stop me!"

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Of all the ridiculous things in BattleTech, easily the dumbest is him losing a fight to Victor Davion. Lincoln Osis took shits bigger than him.

It could've been worse. If it'd been Osis vs Phelan Kell, he would've lost a fistfight.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Incidentally, Poptarts, when were you planning on closing the Far Country competition thing?

I was hoping for more entries; but very soon. Unfortunately, I forgot to take down the URL of the audio-recording so I need to sift through the thread to find it again and it's taking forever. :C

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PoptartsNinja posted:

It could've been worse. If it'd been Osis vs Phelan Kell, he would've lost a fistfight.

You know, I have a feeling that if you ever told Stackpole you didn't think Phelan was an interesting character he would respond by making up new exploits and things for him to brag about.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Zaodai posted:

You shouldn't have so directly pointed out what needed to be changed, as it immediately reveals what was being censored in the first place.

Happy, Zaodai?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

PoptartsNinja posted:

I was hoping for more entries; but very soon. Unfortunately, I forgot to take down the URL of the audio-recording so I need to sift through the thread to find it again and it's taking forever. :C

Hope this helps.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

landcollector posted:

Happy, Zaodai?

Indeed, much better. Thanks.

You know, I have a feeling that if you ever told Stackpole you didn't think Phelan was an interesting character he would respond by making up new exploits and things for him to brag about.

He'd challenge you to a Trial of Refusal in real life and immediately punch you in the face. :saddowns:

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

The depressing thing is, I'm 99% sure you're right about that.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Waitwaitwait... so you had the dramatic reading and the Let's Read competing against the dramatic reading? :psyduck:

But Phelan is an interesting character. I mean, he is Thor, the Norse God of Thunder after all. EVERYTHING is about being awesome and bragging and kicking the poo poo out of Loki. I mean, Vlad. And Fenris. I mean, the Jade Falcons.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Apr 19, 2011

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

landcollector posted:

Edit that post!

Bad Moon posted:

Edit to remove me being a moron.

Too late. :twisted:

Nah, I suspected what <REDACTED> were for awhile now, simply based on having known about the term <REDACTED> and its conspicuous absence from this thread after earlier posts. Confirmed it when the wiki entry on them mentioned a similar description to what others in this thread have said they do to Mechs.

That said, I've still never seen 'em in actual play, and stand by my statement that I'll only be impressed when I see results, and not a bunch of pansy freebirths quivering in terror at a blacked-out word, quiaff? :colbert:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Is this the day the <REDACTED> joke dies? Not with a bang, but a whimper?

(Yes, even a nitwit like me figured out what you guys meant a while back. I just had no clue they were a big deal. They always struck me as a bit out-of-place as opposed to death in a can. I want to see them in action!)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

anakha posted:

Hey, it's not the Caballeros' fault Space Chinese minefields happen to be utter poo poo. :laugh:

E:

What? The Capellans are vegans? All the more reason to rush over there and start stomping poo poo.

Couldn't agree more! drat Vegan's making me cook more crap for her, and not letting me eat my delicious pork and beef and cheese and all those drat good foods that isn't bean sprouts.

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Okay, folks, let it be known that #MegaMek has figured it out.

Before Justin's 'defecting', he was secretly adopted by Hanse.

Justin is going to give Romano the nudge she needs to have Mad Max offed, after marrying her. With his lovely bride on the throne, he will then 'discover' the evidence of her treachery, and be forced to have her brought to justice for her crimes against the Confederation. With Romano removed (stood up against a wall and shot) Justin Davion-Liao is now basically in control of an unknowing third of the Federated Suns. He's brought in outsiders with a vested interest in hunting down the remnants of the Death Commandos and the secret forces which still hold Maximilian-style leanings.

With the purges underway, Justin decides to remarry; to Melissa Steiner. "My dearest, a gift to you; peace of mind on the Free Worlds League border." With the full forces of the Confederation bearing down on the FWL, since their leader knows they don't need to worry about the FedSuns border (since they are, in fact, a part of the Federated Suns,) pressure is taken off Steiner's southern border, and they can move up to push back at the Clans. Half of the Federated Suns forces are sent to aid them, resulting in the FWL quickly devolving into a civil war between those who can read the writing on the wall and want to throw in with the new order of things and those loyal to that crazy old coot.

In short, the FWL is quickly overrun. Following this, Hanse, Melissa and Justin all marry a (singular) Kurita, in one fell swoop creating (a) the kinkiest bedchamber in the Inner Sphere and (b) a gigantic gently caress-off unified Inner Sphere.

They then inform the invading Clans of their new status. They state that they wrestled with what to call this unified successor state for a long time; multiple permutations were tried, with "Free Federated Conmonbine" being the most wieldly, until someone suggested "how about just 'The Star League'," and it stuck.

They also wrestled with the logo for the new state. The first idea was of the Liao, Kurita and Steiner fists in a pinwheel formation, with the Steiner fist gripping the FWL sword, all set on the background of the Marik plaque, but then they settled on a picture of Hanse Davion and Justin Davion bro-fisting whilst flipping the bird to the cameraman, set above the Cameron Star in all the colors of the five Successor States' logos.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Except it wasn't really a fight so much as Victor saying "No i'm not going to kill you" after Osis asked him to do so, and then doing it after Osis tried to jump Victor from behind (that part is somewhat debatable). Really Victor was killing off someone who was half-dead anyway and even for someone of Osis' stature that's still pretty beat-up.

Now if it had been an actual fight between the two unaugmented with Victor crane-kicking Osis' head off or something then yes I would've thought it's pretty ridiculous instead of mildly silly.

Anyway I think A is going to win the voting and as much as I lean towards voting D to shake things up (and because gently caress Duncan Marik) I'm going to vote A for the intrigue.

And on one last note oh God Colonel Steiner what are you doing :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brandy Collins
Sep 17, 2009

Vote A: Take the contract

I did not see any of the other options with my drama goggles on.

• Locked thread