Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
The Kurita 'fist' is a dragon. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Oh, forgot to vote. A: the dead shall have their due.

Angry_Ed posted:

And on one last note oh God Colonel Steiner what are you doing :ohdear:

He's doing what Colonel Steiner does best. :black101:

... I have no idea what that may be, given my limited knowledge of the setting, but no doubt it'll be awesome, judging by what everyone else in the thread has said about him. :v:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

PoptartsNinja posted:

The Cabello's 'fist' IS THE JUSTICE FOOT!

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

PoptartsNinja posted:

Can you think of any more :black101: fist than throwing a loving dragon as a punch?

(But yeah, I are derp. For some reason I was thinking the Kurita logo was an armored fist clutching a katana. I must have been getting cross-feed from that curved sword the Liao logo has.)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Forgot to vote, too. A! Because I want to see what's in store.

And don't be ashamed, Shadow. Some among us were too busy laughing at Conmonbine to notice the error.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
A What better way to find Death Commandos to kill than to be invited into their homes?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I just want you to know, you're all bastards for voting for a rematch of the mission we had two missions ago.

Don't you have the blood of enough women and children on your hands without bringing us dropships full of them to our territory?

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Zaodai posted:

I just want you to know, you're all bastards for voting for a rematch of the mission we had two missions ago.

Don't you have the blood of enough women and children on your hands without bringing us dropships full of them to our territory?

We aren't actually voting to play as the CC again. We just want to help Justin's awesome plans along.
Our next battle will be as the ComGuard.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

W.T. Fits posted:

That said, I've still never seen 'em in actual play, and stand by my statement that I'll only be impressed when I see results, and not a bunch of pansy freebirths quivering in terror at a blacked-out word, quiaff? :colbert:

Quoting this so I can find it later when we finally do see <Redacted> in action and you flip your poo poo.

Also jumping on the Vote A :bandwagon:

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I'm going to say the Space Mexicans chose C, withdraw as ordered. It's painful to have lost so much, but there are bigger better other things afoot in the galaxy, and the Caballeros need time to lick their wounds.

<REDACTED> are totally awesome, and I fully expect them to spill some of Blake's Blood very soon.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Zaodai posted:

Oh come on. Do you honestly think Poptarts is going to have us revisit those guys just yet? This is almost certainly going to be stuff happening in the background.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Waitwaitwait... so you had the dramatic reading and the Let's Read competing against the dramatic reading? :psyduck:
I felt bad about just tearing the book to shreds, so I decided to rebuild it afterwards.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I think there's a pretty good chance you're voting that another mission or two down the line, we end up with Space Mexicans vs Space Chinese again, yes. I mean, you're sending them to fight the Confederation again, there's not much chance the next time they show up suddenly they're fighting anyone else.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Zaodai posted:

I think there's a pretty good chance you're voting that another mission or two down the line, we end up with Space Mexicans vs Space Chinese again, yes. I mean, you're sending them to fight the Confederation again, there's not much chance the next time they show up suddenly they're fighting anyone else.

I find your lack of faith (in PTN's awesome storytelling) disturbing. :vader:

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
Fuckin A

This should be GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

E: Really hope this ends up with a mission involving a joint cappellan and caballeros mech-based chase scene attempting to catch a fleeing Liao.

Felime fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Apr 19, 2011

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

WarLocke posted:

Quoting this so I can find it later when we finally do see <Redacted> in action and you flip your poo poo.

You greatly underestimate my capacity to retain my composure in the face of overwhelming bullshit. :smug:

Usual Barb
Aug 27, 2005

pop it and lock it

W.T. Fits posted:

You greatly underestimate my capacity to retain my composure in the face of overwhelming bullshit. :smug:
This is so cute.

Brandy Collins
Sep 17, 2009

Zaodai posted:

Space Mexicans vs Space Chinese

Man, why do you have to keep bringing Space Race into this?

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

"Oh, they don't look so tou-WTF, they just took that mech's leg off! :gonk:"

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Brandy Collins posted:

We can't all be the first to the moon. :colbert:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Brandy Collins posted:

Space white people pilot their mechs like this.

But Space black people pilot their mechs like this!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

PoptartsNinja posted:

Waitwaitwait... so you had the dramatic reading and the Let's Read competing against the dramatic reading? :psyduck:

There were two dramatic readings: The one which actually involved reading a bit of Far Country is here.

For ease of reference, the sound file link.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Dolash posted:

Space white people pilot their mechs like this.

But Space black people pilot their mechs like this!

It's funny because it's incredibly racist.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
Voting A.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Voting A.

Because even though the Clans are invading, why the gently caress would the CC need a unified front (under Mad Max, no less)?

gently caress that. Let's wreck poo poo.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I gotta go with A, both because I like intrigue and because Zaodai needs more things to shout at us about.

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
A

We will drown them in blood and fire and steel, the betrayers and the child-stealers, and they will look upon our sombrero'd Atlas and despair.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

landcollector posted:

"Oh, they don't look so tou-WTF, they just took that mech's leg off! :gonk:"

So what you're saying is I should be as afraid of <REDACTED> as I am of failing a pilot roll to move down a hill.

I'll try and keep that in mind.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

So what you're saying is I should be as afraid of <REDACTED> as I am of failing a pilot roll to move down a hill.

Oh, they can do more than that. Remember how thin back facing armor is...

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Voting D.

Camacho is clearly a broken man. In a bloodless coup, space whiskey has assumed command of the Caballeros, and standing orders are, "Ah, gently caress it."

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

W.T. Fits posted:

I'm trying to come up with a gaming analogy and I keep coming back to the EvE newbie blob.

In Eve, newbie ships (frigates) cost literally on the order of 1/100 as much as battleships (or even less). But if you get a group of 40+ together they will loving melt a battleship. Oh, sure, you might lose 2 or 3 frigates, but that one battleship kill lost the other guy about 40x more than your side.

That's why <Redacted> are so scary. A single, individual one isn't that bad, but they don't travel solo. Having 10 or 20 crawling all over your mech where you can't get at them and literally peeling your armor off, however, is a big loving deal.

VVV: Well, 'comparable fleet sizes' doesn't really count because you'd never have a 1:1 ratio of mechs to <Redacted> in any honest engagement. But yeah, the raid example might be slightly better.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Apr 19, 2011

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Well, I think that analogy is a little faulty in that it doesn't account for smart bombs (or old school DDs, or comparable fleet sizes, etc), and would say that it's more like an MMO Raid encounter.

Except your mech is the boss in question.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Is there really anyone in this thread who doesn't know what the giant black rectangles are at this point?

In fact, I think PTN should pull the old switcheroo and have the clans deploy black rectangles of death instead. Now, that would be surprising.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

TildeATH posted:

Is there really anyone in this thread who doesn't know what the giant black rectangles are at this point?

In fact, I think PTN should pull the old switcheroo and have the clans deploy black rectangles of death instead. Now, that would be surprising.

No... NOOOOOO!

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Zaodai posted:

No... NOOOOOO!

We have already lost. There is no hope of standing against the Monolith.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Zaodai posted:

No... NOOOOOO!

Yo, don't even trip I got this watch your boy tear this bitch up

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
While I am sure almost everyone knows what <Redacted> are by now, it is almost habit. I can't wait till the IS designation for them becomes <Redacted>.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

If there is still room I would like to sign up as a mechwarrior on the conditional part that I get to end up in a Crab or King Crab mech.

or something in the tank range with flamers so I can melt some <REDACTED>

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
A.

Colonel Camacho can no longer live for his family. Now he can live for revenge.

I'd love to see more variety here, but variety must take a backseat to live for revenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cookieman
Jan 19, 2009
A

We shall have our Vengence.

• Locked thread