Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

LtTennisBall posted:

This may have been addressed awhile ago (before I was following the thread), but does anyone here like Fake Problems? I'm seeing them in May (with Laura Stevenson and the Cans, Pomegranates and Into it. Over it.), and I offered to street team for them (we'll see how that goes). They seem like a cool bunch of people, and their most recent album was amazing.
Single if you've never heard of them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvfUdzVlorc

This owns, this is perfect spring/summer music. Now if only we could get the weather to go with it :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009

Parachute Underwear posted:

This owns, this is perfect spring/summer music. Now if only we could get the weather to go with it :smith:

The album that song is from (Real Ghosts Caught on Tape) is amazing. And yeah, Baltimore just got so much rain I don't even know what the gently caress. If the weather could decide to sit at like 60 degrees, I would be happy.

e: though I guess April showers and all that

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
IF YOU WEREN'T IN loving RICHMOND THIS WEEKEND

gently caress YOU

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Stay Sweet Fest was stupidly fun. So much fun playing again and the turnout was great. Really good crowd, awesome bartenders, and even the weather generally held out just fine, all things considered.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
I'm shocked that Dickeye hasn't posted about his idol Mikey Erg getting arrested last night...

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ferrule posted:

I'm shocked that Dickeye hasn't posted about his idol Mikey Erg getting arrested last night...

Mikey Erg's not my idol, that's Grath from Steinways/House Boat.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

hedgecore posted:

Stay Sweet Fest was stupidly fun. So much fun playing again and the turnout was great. Really good crowd, awesome bartenders, and even the weather generally held out just fine, all things considered.

gently caress I totally forgot you were filling in for Dead Ringer! I would have found you and bought you a beer/pepsi. Either way you killed. We actually rolled in right as or right before ya'll were setting up I believe or something like that.

I'm still tired.

Also the staff at the camel were awesome as hell and I love it when I get to see venue staff having fun and crowdsurfing with all the smelly kids because it means they are more likely to host something like that again and again and again.

stay depressed fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 18, 2011

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Nonsense is better than no sense at all
Yea Fake Problems is good stuff; I'd put them up there as one of the better folky punk acts out there now. That's a genre that's exploded these past few years for sure.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

Carl FTWinslow posted:

gently caress I totally forgot you were filling in for Dead Ringer! I would have found you and bought you a beer/pepsi. Either way you killed. We actually rolled in right as or right before ya'll were setting up I believe or something like that.

I'm still tired.

Also the staff at the camel were awesome as hell and I love it when I get to see venue staff having fun and crowdsurfing with all the smelly kids because it means they are more likely to host something like that again and again and again.

No worries, buddy. Glad you liked it! Got a video from our set here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYUQphOCrUo
We posted a new song last night from our upcoming 7": http://deadringer.bandcamp.com/

Are you from RVA or did you travel? I left at 9am from NJ and got there at 6:30pm (20 minutes before I was supposed be on stage).

EDIT: More links! http://richmond.craigslist.org/mis/2332930685.html

hedgecore fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 20, 2011

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
I live just under 3 hours southwest in Roanoke. One of the reasons we were so pumped on it is that to go to any other fest it's a loving road trip but this was a brief jaunt down the road.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

Carl FTWinslow posted:

I live just under 3 hours southwest in Roanoke. One of the reasons we were so pumped on it is that to go to any other fest it's a loving road trip but this was a brief jaunt down the road.

Oh that's awesome! I'll be back to Virginia on tour this August. Alex (who put this fest together) booked our VA tour stop so I think his band Hold Tight is playing too.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Got my order from Amazon in today, with copies of the rereleases of Another Way and Resignation Day. gently caress I love the new versions of both of these. Resignation Day went from being way inferior to Collapser to being a very close second when they re-mixed/mastered it.

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009

hedgecore posted:

Oh that's awesome! I'll be back to Virginia on tour this August. Alex (who put this fest together) booked our VA tour stop so I think his band Hold Tight is playing too.

are you the permanent Dead Ringer bassist now? I saw on facebook that their first bassist had left and I loved that demo.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

Dickeye posted:

Got my order from Amazon in today, with copies of the rereleases of Another Way and Resignation Day. gently caress I love the new versions of both of these. Resignation Day went from being way inferior to Collapser to being a very close second when they re-mixed/mastered it.

I take it the remastered Resignation day is worth picking up? I might have to check it out myself. I just placed the order and it said there's only two left :ohdear:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The original sounds like it was recorded through a tin can, the new one is much more in line with the quality of Collapser. I don't know where the problem came in the first time, but I know Nate said they spent a while working on getting the mix right for the rerelease, and it shows.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

It's coming tomorrow, here's hoping I'll enjoy the album as much as what I've heard off collapser (all I've heard of Banner Pilot)

EDIT: Speaking of new records, I have two things I'm looking to trade, is it kosher to post it here or should I make a thread in SA mart? The only reason I ask is that it's only two albums, both punk, and I'm looking to trade for more punk :v:

Quantumfate fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Apr 21, 2011

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
Just found out La Dispute and Touche Amore are doing a uk tour in the summer. This is good news.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
A friend of ours recorded our set that we did at Fat Louis' in Brisbane on the 26th of March, here is some of the unrecorded content. The link is to an original song and a cover of Black Flag. There should be a link to a song by a band called Shock Value as well, some fun fast hardcore.

http://soundcloud.com/lamusicarecording/downpour

And to stop whoring my band, I have been growing a greater appreciation for bands like Latterman, so melodic punk rock I suppose? I don't really know how to describe it, I am mostly into hardcore and metal with the odd punk band here and there. Could someone make some recommendations, my house mate and I would appreciate some fresh tunes.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Big Willy Style posted:

A friend of ours recorded our set that we did at Fat Louis' in Brisbane on the 26th of March, here is some of the unrecorded content. The link is to an original song and a cover of Black Flag. There should be a link to a song by a band called Shock Value as well, some fun fast hardcore.

http://soundcloud.com/lamusicarecording/downpour

And to stop whoring my band, I have been growing a greater appreciation for bands like Latterman, so melodic punk rock I suppose? I don't really know how to describe it, I am mostly into hardcore and metal with the odd punk band here and there. Could someone make some recommendations, my house mate and I would appreciate some fresh tunes.

Depression cover? Never heard that one before.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Big Willy Style posted:

Like everything by dillinger four you would love I bet. I would also look into say, O Pioneers!!! and their album none more black. Black mambas is a little more folk-y. The observers is a bit more raw, but you might still like them. Face to Face is an amazing band and a lot like Latterman. If you like them, I would recommend Shoot the moon: the essential collection it has more melodic songs. If you don't mind veering from total melodic tunes absolutely check out leatherface. the vocals are raw and hoarse, but it still has some similarities to Latterman. Early propagandhi and lagwagon you might be keen on. Before they became more thrash and pop, respectively. Along those lines Naked Raygun is worth checking out. I only have thin line, but I would say Alternate Action might be something you'd like. Rougher drums than Latterman, but Bigwig is good, and if you don't mind the pop sound check out Pinhead Gunpowder. Don't discount pinhead gunpowder because of the singer.

Also this probably isn't what you're looking for, but Nocao de Nada is something you need to look into. It's not english but its spot on for what you want.

Oh, stupid question, but have you looked at Bad Religion? Can't talk about melodic punk bands without mentioning them.

Nocao de Nada: Diploma Also be sure to youtube their song Maos, it's live but drat is it great.
Bigwig:Alone in New Jersey
Bad Religion: I want to conquer the world
Pinhead Gunpowder: West Side Highway
Naked Rayegun: Walk in the Cold
Leatherface: Razorblades and Asprin
Dillinger Four: Super Powers Enable Me to Blend In With Machinery
The Observers: Symbols, Slogans, Lies
O Pioneers!!!: Chris Ryan Added me on Facebook
Face to Face: Bill of Goods
Alternate Action: Thin Line
Lagwagon: Beer Goggles
Propagandhi: Iteration

Caveat: say something bad about face to face and we have to throw down.

On a different note: Resignation day arrives sometime in the next two hours. And I swear dickeye if its not as good as collapser and I'm let down I'm going to beat my eight bucks out of you :v:

Quantumfate fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 22, 2011

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

answersyouseek posted:

Depression cover? Never heard that one before.

You might like it, Black Flag were a very influential hardcore band.

^Thanks, that post is great. Forgot to bring my headphones to work so gonna have to give these bands a listen when I get home. It is appreciated.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Big Willy Style posted:

You might like it, Black Flag were a very influential hardcore band.

^Thanks, that post is great. Forgot to bring my headphones to work so gonna have to give these bands a listen when I get home. It is appreciated.

I think he means that depression isn't a song you hear covered often! I'd love to hear you guys cover black coffee. That'd be swank.

Edit: didn't see your edit, There's a lot more I could dig up but it'd be pushing it just based on latterman. I hope it helps. :)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Big Willy Style posted:

Midwest pop-punk. Lots of distortion and yelling and rough vocals, but still melodic. Banner Pilot, Dear Landlord, Dillinger Four, Off With Their Heads, maybe Gateway District (Nate from Banner Pilot writes a lot of their lyrics, but they have more of a country sound in there than the other bands I mentioned).

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

I don't know about Gateway district, but yeah, midwestern punk is what you're looking for as well. Are those bands pop-punk? I didn't hear a lot of pop stylings in them. And I like dear Landlord and Off With Their Heads. Also dickeye was right, resignation day is great.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Spraynard released the best Latterman album of the year so far.

http://www.ifyoumakeit.com/album/spraynard/funtitled/

Free, too!

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

LtTennisBall posted:

are you the permanent Dead Ringer bassist now? I saw on facebook that their first bassist had left and I loved that demo.

Yep, that'd be me! The new 7" is awesome (just finishing up art) and I can't wait for those songs to be released. Pumped to have a bunch of awesome shows coming up followed by a 3 week east coast/midwest tour in August.

So excited to be playing in a band again but especially one I'm this much a fan of.

Edit: Speaking of Spraynard and Dead Ringer,:

hedgecore fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 22, 2011

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
Oh my god if any of you don't love Spraynard you're doing yourself a huge disservice.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Quantumfate posted:

I don't know about Gateway district, but yeah, midwestern punk is what you're looking for as well. Are those bands pop-punk? I didn't hear a lot of pop stylings in them. And I like dear Landlord and Off With Their Heads. Also dickeye was right, resignation day is great.

Most of the ones that aren't D4 are considered pop-punk with extra distortion.

iron chic
Jul 1, 2010

Big Willy Style posted:

ditto spraynard. spraynard loving rules. nightlights from florida sounds a lot like latterman. also, rvivr, shorebirds, iron chic, and bridge and tunnel are all ex-latterman bands and i would group them with latterman before i would group latterman with d4 or banner pilot.

mostly because banner pilot sort of sucks.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Banner Pilot loving rules.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

iron chic posted:

ditto spraynard. spraynard loving rules. nightlights from florida sounds a lot like latterman. also, rvivr, shorebirds, iron chic, and bridge and tunnel are all ex-latterman bands and i would group them with latterman before i would group latterman with d4 or banner pilot.

drat we should hang out

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

iron chic posted:

More and more, I've started to kinda not like Banner Pilot. Really dug them initially, and when the remaster came out. Now I find myself not listening to them ever.

But yeah, more Spraynard.

TheBlackMallard
Apr 24, 2005

"Maybe this whole internet idea wasn't a good idea."
-Tom Green (June 18th 2006, 3:52AM EST)
I think I need to revisit them, I loved Rivethead, but I could never get into Banner Pilot for some reason.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Spraynard rules also RVIVR rules pretty hard too.

Angiepants
May 8, 2008
Hot Water Music, the end.

iron chic
Jul 1, 2010
banner pilot is a snooze fest live.

Carl FTWinslow posted:

drat we should hang out

midwestern nerd punx unite

iron chic fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Apr 23, 2011

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009
does anyone here know when Insub Fest's lineup is usually announced? I'm going for the first time this year and it's the closest festival to me (disregarding Maryland Death Fest) and I really want to get excited :ohdear:.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Probably won't be for another month, I don't think he's even got the whole lineup worked out yet.

There's a buzz that Chixdiggit is going to be playing though.

e: This is a rumor, I'm not sure if they're confirmed or even if Enoch's trying to get them to play. Just want to make that clear.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 25, 2011

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Why did this have to happen at GROEZROCK and not somewhere in the USA where I might have had the opportunity to see it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Passion for Dilbert
Dec 5, 2007

Just as a heads up you can now pre-order the upcoming hosed Up LP and exclusive to the pre-order you get 4 7" singles and some downloads and a poster and poo poo!! this rules!