Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KnightLight
Aug 8, 2009

A, I want to see how the ComGuards stack up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnightLight
Aug 8, 2009

Also, Caesar got WORKED. I have to try and figure out what that 'Mech was.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

KnightLight posted:

Also, Caesar got WORKED. I have to try and figure out what that 'Mech was.

Dusk pilots a Gladiator variant of some kind.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
A

Cool as t'rists would be, the ComGuard must march.

KnightLight
Aug 8, 2009

Defiance Industries posted:

Dusk pilots a Gladiator variant of some kind.

Yeah, I went through the 95-ton 'Mechs on the wiki until I came across one that fit the description, and the Gladiator does that.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

A - get the whole <REDACTED> stuff out of the way before we actually get to play as Clanners.

And I fully expect the next Steiner Rules duel to involve entrance music and posing. :colbert:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Voting C. Weren't clan hellhorses the really odd ones that all use tanks?

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Voting for D: Operation Himinbjörg, because it sounds interesting.

Edit: Would have voted for the ComGuard, but it is my faint hope that I can play ComGuard when it is my turn, in a year or so.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Apr 20, 2011

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I'd like to Vote C.

If it changes anyone's votes at all, I'm just going to state that my preference isn't for helping the players, nor hindering them--next match's weather will be whatever looks like it will provide the most overall mayhem. A good location for wild weather sure can't hurt!

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
Voting D purely out of curiosity, but I'd love to run Bobbin's scenario as well. Hopefully this isn't the last time we see it? :allears:

the JJ fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Apr 20, 2011

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.
I will vote D. Something like that is probably really important, and I'd rather know what it is now rather than when it explodes in someone's face later, and we're stuck trying to figure out what just happened.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Pinguliten posted:

C - 8th Scorpion Uhlans. seems like fun.

This is my vote as well.

Also gently caress it I'll sign on as a mech commander (end of the very long loving list) I have PM's or mezzanon@gmail.com (I honestly meant to do this during the first campaign but got distracted)

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I'´ll be one of the only ones to vote Northwind Highlanders, striclty because I want to see if it ties together with Justin Xiangs plot. Other then that I guess Comstar or Heimdall are both interesting.

Also Ceasar got worked over but good. She just tore his arm of and beat him with it.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Voting C because I need to see what Bobbin cooked up.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Well, seeing as voting for the Highlanders is panning out to be pretty futile, I'll switch my vote from B to D.

Sair
May 11, 2007

C

ComGuard is fun, but that looks more fun.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Guitar_Hero posted:

Well, seeing as voting for the Highlanders is panning out to be pretty futile, I'll switch my vote from B to D.

come on man we can still win this!

JoaoLangston
Jul 24, 2006
Voting C here.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Voting D cause I'm intrigued by the lack of information.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

C

I'm curious to see what you and Bobbin cooked up.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

PoptartsNinja posted:

Caesar continued, as if he hadn’t been interrupted. “—I want one of your ‘Mechs—”

A Clan machine stepped forward; a heavy design. Sam blinked—it looked like a fire support platform, with two boxy missile pods on the end of a massive, wedge-shaped body. She swallowed—the Clans were willing to throw away a piece of assault-weight machinery to satisfy Dusk’s ego?

Well, that's one way to use a Naga.

I can only imagine the Defiance techs taking the design apart and drawing hilariously wrong conclusions.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

C

Because I'd be a fool to pass up such a dustoff. Also, Bobbin Threadbare made it so you know it is good.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Ok. Yeah my vote is going to --> A

I can't see us playing as the clans before trying out Comstar. I do want to know about Heimdalls mission, in canon they are the "good guys" right?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Affi posted:

Ok. Yeah my vote is going to --> A

I can't see us playing as the clans before trying out Comstar. I do want to know about Heimdalls mission, in canon they are the "good guys" right?

Well, they have been for some time, but that's because Morgan Kell has controlled the group since the 3030s and Morgan Kell is completely infallible.

e: I just noticed that Caesar is a thousand times smarter than everyone in the Blood of Kerensky combined, because he never even entertains the notion that the Clans are aliens in human form, he jumps straight to "So, the SLDF turned in to assholes after they left, eh?"

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Apr 20, 2011

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
I have got to vote option D: Operation Himinbjörg.
I just have to know what that is.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

e: I just noticed that Caesar is a thousand times smarter than everyone in the Blood of Kerensky combined, because he never even entertains the notion that the Clans are aliens in human form, he jumps straight to "So, the SLDF turned in to assholes after they left, eh?"

"The Atlas’ loudspeakers crackled. “So… my people’ll go free whether or not I fight you?” Colonel Steiner asked, sounding perplexed.

“For the last time, Aff,” a female voice replied, her voice much clearer. Samantha frowned, either Star Colonel Dusk’s technicians were very thorough, or even the Clan speaker systems were more advanced. “They have disarmed and surrendered; they can leave unmolested.”"

Still he fights :(

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

How else was he going to infiltrate the Vipers and disseminate knowledge of Steiner Dueling Rules? He has to fight to get inside the system.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Voting D for terrorist shenanigans.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

How else was he going to infiltrate the Vipers and disseminate knowledge of Steiner Dueling Rules? He has to fight to get inside the system.

Occam's Razor suggests that the real reasoning is sometimes Caesar Steiner has to choke a bitch.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

The current unofficial returns are in, folks, and we have a real nailbiter on our hands. It is a three way race, even though Himinbjorg is trailing they could still mount a major push to catch up with the Scorpion Uhlans and the Comguards.

A-18 (34.6%)
B-1 (1.9%)
C-20 (38.5%)
D-13 (25%)

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Com Guards

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
Like others have said, Caesar got worked. I'm starting to think that the Clanners being bad at mech melee combat is a lie, since both of them that we engaged in melee won quite thoroughly. What was the Atlas made of, tin foil? A couple strikes and its arm falls off (which Dusk uses to club him)? :ughh:

Also, my vote is for Option A)Com Guards. Option C is tempting, but not yet. As loathe as I am to see another Clanner curbstomp, we must suffer pain before we get to play with the shiny Clan tech.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Voting D: Operation Himinbjörg for sweet, sweet terrorism :jihad:

I'm not even sure what our organization stands for, but I do love collateral damage!

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"
PTN, I have to know: did you actually roll out that Ceasar Vs. Dusk fight, or did you just fiat it to go where you wanted it to go?

And gently caress it. I was gonna abstain, but with this being so close, I'm Voting C.

Because the only thing I hate worse than space mongol zealots beating Spheroids in melee duels is the organization that wishes it were the Techpriests of Mars.

joneswt
Feb 22, 2011

Voting D: Operation Himinbjörg

Also requesting to be added to the pilot roster. My email address is joneswt@live.com

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
B: Because it sounds like we get to use Clan Mechs... and <REDACTED>

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
A comguards

After all you have to see star league era tech before you see clan tech.

Everseen
Apr 27, 2010
Voting C: Operation Bobbin Whatsit

I'm interested in C/D, so I'll throw in with the heroic one, though I have no clue what the acronyms mean.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
In honor (?) of Caesar's trashing, here is what I threw together in SSW to represent his Atlas:

Atlas AS7-CS

Mass: 100 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Tournament Legal
Era: Succession Wars
Tech Rating/Era Availability: D/X-E-D
Production Year: 3025
Cost: 9,254,000 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,954

Chassis: Unknown Standard
Power Plant: Unknown 300 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 32.4 km/h
Maximum Speed: 54.0 km/h
Jump Jets: None
Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor
Armament:
1 LRM-20
1 PPC
1 SRM-6
4 Medium Lasers
Manufacturer: Unknown
Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

The thing is actually quite cool running for an IS Succession Wars-era mech packing lots of energy weapons, generating a max of 34 heat and sinking 28.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Why do you make me choose between two excellent options? In the end, I'm really curious what Bobbin's cooked up, and I'm going with C.

I don't even like Clan battlemechs.

• Locked thread