Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

New bike day is the best day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcane
Nov 19, 2003

There are no girls on the internet!
Friday was the first nice day in a long time. I finally feel comfortable enough to ride past my neighborhood. I did a long loop over two hills.

1.Going 60mhp up a hill with wind behind you feels like you're flying.
2. Stopping at your gym because they hot guy there wants to check out your bike and he realizes you're hot for riding one.
3. Riding back through a windy road.
4. Having little girls stare at you as you ride next to them.

I can't wait to go on longer trips.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Wheelies for kids. There really is nothing better. :3:

MrPete
May 17, 2007

Z3n posted:

Back in 2002 I had a ratty ex race trailbike that I rode to work most days. I'm pretty sure there was zero packing left in the exhaust cos that fucker was louuuud.

Anyways, I pull up on a hill next to a bus full of special ed kids one morning. One saw me and waved. I waved back and revved the engine a bit, it was like his face exploded in happiness.

Next thing you know, the entire busload of kids is plastered against the windows waving and yelling at me to rev the bike.

So there I am, middle of rush hour traffic bouncing my bike off the rev limiter grinning and waving to a bus full of retards who are going loving mental.

Then the light changed and I took off like a lunatic on the back wheel. Hope the teachers/caretakers didn't hate me too much that day.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
Waving at kids I think will always be my number 1. I know that riding down the road on a sportbike, in tight fitting aggressively styled leathers, fullface helmet, etc that I look like a goddamn professional racer to kids. And the fact that this mysterious guy who they excitedly point at, not expecting him to notice, actually waves back? You know that just makes their loving day.

Z3n posted:

I can't wheelie or I would do this every time :(

Also, squiddish or not, I do love the attention from exotic sportscars. If you're in a car you can admire that R8 or Gallardo all you want, but you'll never be noticed unless you're also in a very expensive/fast car. On a bike though? Oh hell yeah, they're usually glad to play around for a little while and give a wave or thumbs up before parting ways.

I was merging onto the freeway yesterday after work (just riding around since the weather was so nice) and kind of got buzzed past by a Supra. Soon as I saw it I dropped down to second and caught right up to him. I tailed him for a little bit as we merged onto another freeway a half mile up the road. We hit traffic pretty quick but the guy actually rolled down his window and he and his girlfriend gave me a thumbs up. Made me smile.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
I love four dollar gas.

And the anticipation before picking up a new motorcycle. Today's cold and snowy, tomorrow's sunny and 50 degrees. Guess when I'm picking it up...

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

ANOTHER SV???

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
^ Yep.

Another one to the list: the realization that you've finally found the very bike that makes you a 100% confident rider.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

~* #1 *~

Going out for the first ride of the year in the brisk early spring air. Feels good man.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

KozmoNaut posted:

~* #1 *~

Going out for the first ride of the year in the brisk early spring air. Feels good man.

The weather started getting nice here in Toronto this week, and already the early bird bike/scooter folks are out. Makin' me jealous here!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Chris Knight posted:

The weather started getting nice here in Toronto this week, and already the early bird bike/scooter folks are out. Makin' me jealous here!

The weather was absolutely perfect today here in Denmark. Sunny, dry, very little wind and about 10 degrees C.

I got last bits of maintenance done and had an absolutely amazing ride, very little traffic anywhere, a couple of bikers here and there which is always cool.

If 12K RPM ever gets old, I want someone to check my pulse. It's just so spine-tinglingly good :)

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
- Every time I pull into my neighborhood, I look behind me to see if there's any cops trying to pull me over after the ride I just had.

SlightlyMadman
Jan 14, 2005

The fact that my Bonneville won't properly charge the battery unless I ride a good 5-10 miles means that going up the street to the hardware store involves quite a serious detour if I want it to start back up after. Then of course I had to stop for gas, so another 10 mile detour to the gas station across the street. Then I realized I was almost out of cigarettes ...

Silly me, I thought the battery problems would be a hassle, but ended up letting me turn what would have taken 20 minutes in a car, into a three hour amazing sunny afternoon.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Always love the first morning when the temps break 55 in the morning. Motorcycle parking goes from me and maybe 1-2 other bikes to me plus 10+ bikes. Saw a lot of bikes on the way in too, I love spring.

Also Tron soundtrack on the way into work on a beautiful morning is pretty great.

Ghost Cactus
Dec 25, 2006
6 (I think): The smells! Rode to Hatch, NM from El Paso yesterday on the back roads, and the smells were just awesome. Some were stinky (smooshed skunk, diesel exhaust, and whatever the heck kinda bilgewater they irrigate crops with down here) and some were niiiice (freshly tilled soil, rainsmell from somewhere), but they were all great.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
The first time I farted while riding 70mph down the freeway. I laughed out loud

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Frances B Cat posted:

6 (I think): The smells!

Fresh. Cut. Grass.

Best smell in the universe.

SlightlyMadman
Jan 14, 2005

It's strange, because you'd really think being in a car with the windows down would mean you can smell what's around you better than being outside with a full-face helmet. You'd be wrong though.

Surly
Oct 3, 2003
Looks out for one guy; Surly
Feeling the air temperature fluctuating as you go through cool and warm pockets during the spring here. Noticed this today and it's really nice.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Going from Sea Level to 5 thousand feet and back, in less than an hour.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
The way motorcycles bring people together. I work for a paragon of corporate America. When I organized a ride I had senior vice presidents riding next to temps, and talking like old pals over lunch.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I've never even sat on a bike yet and I'm already feeling the love. I woke up early to take my permit test before going to classes this morning, and throughout the course of the day my conversations with friends about bikes piqued the interest of other acquaintances who already rode or wanted to learn. I made four or five new friends today. :3:

SlightlyMadman
Jan 14, 2005

I stopped at the grocery store on my way home last night, and walked in wearing my full gear. I had headphones on under the helmet, listening to some Lady GaGa, and I just couldn't help it ... I started dancing. All the adults were politely pretending not to notice me, but there was a 5-6 year old boy there who was just standing slack-jawed and staring at me.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

SlightlyMadman posted:

I had headphones on under the helmet, listening to some Lady GaGa, and I just couldn't help it ... I started dancing.

Forgive my ignorance on popular culture, but is there a particular connection between lady gaga and mc gear?

Not that guys in mc gear getting their groove on isn't hilarious in general!
I do the same thing. Gets a bit awkward sometimes when I have classes at the hospital and boogie through the foyer, where all the sick people in their wheelchairs meet their relatives for sandwiches...

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Tinted visor down, and boogie on.

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

That's pretty ballsy to leave your helmet on inside of a grocery store. The most I'll do is leave it on if I'm stepping in a gas station to pay for gas.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
Yeah it's kind of weird. What if someone wants to talk to you? Reminds me of douchebags walking around with bluetooth headsets on everywhere.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
I would think you were robbing the joint.

def snow leppard
Sep 12, 2010

Bondematt posted:

I would think you were robbing the joint.

Not if they were poppin' and lockin'.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Clank posted:

Not if they were poppin' and lockin'.

I'd think you were having a very strange stroke

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Things you love while not riding: How the subforum seems to defrost around the end of march

Things you love while riding: Singing 'Barrett's Privateers' in my helmet in traffic

Phy fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 10, 2011

my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

That's pretty ballsy to leave your helmet on inside of a grocery store. The most I'll do is leave it on if I'm stepping in a gas station to pay for gas.

HOW DARE YOU!!! Or so the consensus went when I posed this question in the thread last year.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.
#Awesome

After being on hiatus for a long time due to a broken bike & winter, and going for that first victory ride. God I love motorcyles.

Good Ship Theseus
Sep 12, 2010

Immortality through endless server backups? Sign me up!

Phy posted:

Singing 'Barrett's Privateers' in my helmet in traffic

Word brah. Singing loudly and obnoxiously while passing traffic (stopping only to muse aloud about the strange driving decisions of those around you) is one of my private bieking pleasures.

SlightlyMadman
Jan 14, 2005

I'm a little bit worried I'm going to drop my bike at a red light one of these days, because I'm just getting too singing and dancing to some song while I wait. Either that, or get smeared by a semi coming up behind me that I didn't see ...

It's worth it though.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
I sing to myself all the time.

I also do it while skiing/snowboarding - I usually make up the songs as I go, generally about the retarded/dangerous things I see people doing on the slopes.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.
The first bike wave of a season. :)

When a guy pulls up next to you, rolls down his window and makes a throttle twisting motion, followed by pure glee and a thumbs up when you rev your engine.

Both happend today :3:

SlightlyMadman
Jan 14, 2005

MrZig posted:

The first bike wave of a season. :)

When a guy pulls up next to you, rolls down his window and makes a throttle twisting motion, followed by pure glee and a thumbs up when you rev your engine.

Both happend today :3:

Haha, a "guy" as in not a little kid?

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Getting my first rear motorcycle stand ever (Pitbull!) and being childishly excited about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Now you get to learn the sketchiest of motorcycle skills: taking a bike off a rear stand on your own.

"Ohgodisthesidestanddownisitingearisitgoingtorollawayohgodohgod"

• Locked thread