Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

safety dan posted:

Uncle Leo??

I think my favorite Seinfeld moment is when Jerry's girlfriend gives him the "it's me" and after he guesses it's Elaine and she says "no, it's me!" Jerry gets this horrified look on his face and says "George??"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicolini
Sep 22, 2007

I hate cold showers. They stimulate me and then I don't know what to do.
I worked out with a dumbbell yesterday. I feel vigorous.

BobMcFartsens
Dec 31, 2005

Sitting on a park bench

You think you're pretty funny boy, you outta be a comedian.

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jack Bandit posted:

Where is "The Muted Heart"?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

euphronius posted:

Where is "The Muted Heart"?

The Other Side of Darkness is also missing.

That reminds me, are Schindler's List and Weekend at Bernie's 2 the only real movies that have ever been mentioned?

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

That reminds me, are Schindler's List and Weekend at Bernie's 2 the only real movies that have ever been mentioned?

Titanic. George took a day off for it.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

What did you do the rest of the day?

I saw "Titanic". So that old woman, she's just a liar, right?

And a bit of a tramp if you ask me.

Edit: God drat it beaten.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Iron Crowned posted:

English Patient.

"Just DIE already. DIE!

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

Home Alone. That old man really got to me. :(

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008
Wrath of Khan and Search for Spock are mentioned as well.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Iron Crowned posted:

More importantly, why is Rochelle Rochelle rated PG? Such an erotic journey is simply not appropriate for younger viewers.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
Chapter Two, the source of the plagiarized letter.

My Cousin Vinny and, I think, another Tomei movie or two are mentioned in her episode.

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
Beaches is all too real and I can prove it if I have to.

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months

penismightier posted:

More importantly, why is Rochelle Rochelle rated PG? Such an erotic journey is simply not appropriate for younger viewers.

I hear it's really hot.

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
Firestorm is real too, but I've never seen it.
Oops. A real Firestorm came out in 1998, but the Firestorm in Seinfeld was 95, so I guess it's not real after all.

MINT WIZARD fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Apr 20, 2011

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

Kramer mentions they're going to see JFK after the "Keith Hernandez spit on us" reenactment.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

Iron Crowned posted:

Breakfast at Tiffany's :v:

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
They were headed to see Plan Nine from Outer Space in the Chinese Restaurant.

Bulbous Goiter
Sep 15, 2003
Whatchu' Talkin Bout?

esperantinc posted:

Death Blow, for sure.

"When someone tries to blow you up, not because of who you are, but for different reasons altogether."

Absolutely. Death Blow would be amazing. Sack Lunch could also be funny in a Honey I Shrunk the Kids kind of way. :munch:

Bulbous Goiter fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Apr 20, 2011

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

penismightier posted:

Was going to post this but it looks like it's the production company Pyramid Group. No way that young girl's strange erotic journey is PG.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

T. Finn posted:

Was going to post this but it looks like it's the production company Pyramid Group. No way that young girl's strange erotic journey is PG.

There's definitely a BBFC certification logo there, too.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Jack Bandit posted:

I love that Deathblow is a bootleg.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I enjoyed Cry Cry Again, although the whole story kinda came apart at the end.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Kevyn posted:

I enjoyed Cry Cry Again, although the whole story kinda came apart at the end.

Out of nowhere there's this lone dancer who appears to be injured. So you cry, and then you see the dancer, and you cry again.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

WoG posted:

There's definitely a BBFC certification logo there, too.
Was/is Seinfeld very popular in the UK (or other countries, for that matter)? It always seemed like a very American show with humor that might be lost on international audiences, but I'm probably wrong.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

wa27 posted:

Was/is Seinfeld very popular in the UK (or other countries, for that matter)? It always seemed like a very American show with humor that might be lost on international audiences, but I'm probably wrong.

it's huge in the soccer subforum and is probably the only American show that any of the UK/Irish in there will give any credit at all. It's a perfect television comedy and you'd have to be a loving idiot not to get it.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
It fell under the mainstream radar in the UK though, I don't ever recall seeing it being repeated, definitely not on terrestrial TV anyway. Personally I doubt I would have even heard of it if it wasn't for the Internet. I can only assume that TV execs don't think that sort of humour works well over here - Curb has a cult following of sorts but even that they shove on one of the minor digital channels.

Just for reference's sake, the likes of Frasier, Everybody Loves Raymond and Friends get shown on weekday mornings.

Brinstar Brew
Aug 8, 2007

Who's the guy in the Victorian diving apparatus?
Yeah, I'm an irish Seinfeld fan, but it was shown in really bad, frequently changing timeslots over here. The majority of people I know have probably only seen a couple of episodes they happened to catch.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
If E4 got Seinfeld to fill that huge Friends shaped hole that's about to appear in their schedules it would be excellent - in the UK I think it would be very popular only it was better known. Certainly it's popular with comedy writers, the Father Ted creators cite it as a major influence.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
the only time Seinfeld has been shown on UK terrestrial TV was on BBC2 and it was in a ridiculous timeslot roughly after Newsnight (23:20 onwards). It would constantly get pushed later, often not starting till after midnight, or axed completely from week to week in favour of snooker or darts or open university lectures etc. It's no wonder hardly anyone has ever seen it.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Grez posted:

the only time Seinfeld has been shown on UK terrestrial TV was on BBC2 and it was in a ridiculous timeslot roughly after Newsnight (23:20 onwards).

This was when I used to catch it and I never really enjoyed it. Ive just bombed through seasons 1-6 of Curb and loved them, so Im trying to watch Seinfeld now to understand season 7 of Curb better

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Taff posted:

This was when I used to catch it and I never really enjoyed it. Ive just bombed through seasons 1-6 of Curb and loved them, so Im trying to watch Seinfeld now to understand season 7 of Curb better

George is Larry

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

T. Finn posted:

George is Larry

Yeah, I think I watched Ricky Gervais meets Larry David (where Gervais just spent the entire show as a huge obvious fanboy) and saw Larry explaining about the show

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

wa27 posted:

It was pretty huge in Norway and the reruns are still being shown.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I'M BOOTLEGGIN' A MOVIE, BABY

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
because he's MY butler

SneekieBinder
Aug 23, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

English Patient.

"Just DIE already. DIE!

OH GO TO HELL!

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Kevyn posted:

I'M BOOTLEGGIN' A MOVIE, BABY

"I can do hard time for this... and community service!"
"Is this your FiberCon?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slax0r
May 7, 2004

Jack Bandit posted:

How is Agent Zero NOT among those? The way the nice man on the MovieFone asks me if it's really the movie I want to see just piques my curiosity.