Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithridate
Oct 23, 2004

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

Dominion posted:

Are you implying that the concept of preordering something is dumb?

It is if you pay in full in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wakarooney
Aug 26, 2005

The Most Daintiest Southern Belle
Hey guys! Animated Achewood strip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k21oOO0xPw

I will be making a handful more of these. Tell me what you think (this was from a strip after Roast Beef comes home from the moon) I tried to keep it in style hence the black and white... I also tried to put on my most Philippe-iest voice.

Unexpected EOF
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a Bro-ny!

Mithridate posted:

It is if you pay in full in advance.

I've done this on Steam a few times though with no incident?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Unexpected EOF posted:

I've done this on Steam a few times though with no incident?

I think the PC Game Industry is quite different from the Webcomic Merc Industry, plus with STEAM chances are you would get a refund or freebie from VALVE.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Also I'm pretty sure that most pre-orders don't charge you until they ship the product.

Slashie
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Also, if you can find a way people who had something bad happen to them made a mistake, you are immune to that bad thing forever.

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

Eeveegou posted:

I also tried to put on my most Philippe-iest voice.

It's always interesting to find out what other people think the characters sound like. Can't wait to hear your Ray and Beef.

(My Lyle is basically Strong Bad. I do not know why.)

Unexpected EOF
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a Bro-ny!

SeanBeansShako posted:

I think the PC Game Industry is quite different from the Webcomic Merc Industry, plus with STEAM chances are you would get a refund or freebie from VALVE.

Until now I've had the exact same level of reliability ordering poo poo from the Webcomic Merc Industry as I have from Steam.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

How many of you have actually tried directly demanding a refund from Onstad? Of those, how many have A) received no reply and B) then filed a dispute with your credit card company?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

ChuckDHead posted:

It's always interesting to find out what other people think the characters sound like. Can't wait to hear your Ray and Beef.

Lyle sounds like Aqua Teen Hunger Forces Karl to me.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I've always heard Ray & Beef as Frylock & Meatball.

Unexpected EOF
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a Bro-ny!

ManiacClown posted:

How many of you have actually tried directly demanding a refund from Onstad? Of those, how many have A) received no reply and B) then filed a dispute with your credit card company?

I sent an email and if I don't get a reply by the 25th that's exactly what I'm doing.

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

Javid posted:

I've always heard Ray & Beef as Frylock & Meatball.

I hear Beef as really soft-spoken and monotone. Ray is gregarious and loud as hell at all times, with a tone somewhere between Bleeding Gums Murphy and Bill Cosby.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

ChuckDHead posted:

I hear Beef as really soft-spoken and monotone. Ray is gregarious and loud as hell at all times, with a tone somewhere between Bleeding Gums Murphy and Bill Cosby.

Brian Blessed as Ray.

Unexpected EOF
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a Bro-ny!

Javid posted:

Brian Blessed as Ray.

Roast Beef's ALIVE?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

ChuckDHead posted:

Same here in my head.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

ChuckDHead posted:

Ray is Samuel L. Jackson
Beef is Snoop Dogg
Lyle is Artie Lange
Philippe is five

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Silhouette posted:

Lyle is Artie Lange

No more calls, this is it.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
I believe this is the interview where Onstad does his Beef and Ray:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=94780668

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Dodgeball posted:

I believe this is the interview where Onstad does his Beef and Ray:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=94780668

...wherein he expresses severe reluctance at him using his own voice to voice the characters.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I once narrated Little Nephew's Hip-Hop Pants. I don't make any actual claim to authenticity, but I had fun doing it, and I hope you can have fun listening to it.

Does he always wear a crown after he fucks somebody?

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Does he always wear a crown after he fucks somebody?

If that's not a rhetorical question, I will tell you that he always wears a crown while blogging/journaling/writing stuff on his computer. However, I cannot state for a fact that he hasn't always hosed somebody immediately before getting on the computer, so who knows.

Edit: vvv Ah, aha.

McGravin fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Apr 18, 2011

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
It was actually the alt-text for that comic, although I appreciate your response. :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

In terms of alt-text, I think my two favorites are,"Man Philippe really hosed up this time, Cornellius HATES rap music," and,"You can do whatever you want in life."

The latter accompanies one of my :nws: favorite one-off strips ever :nws:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Jerusalem posted:

In terms of alt-text, I think my two favorites are,"Man Philippe really hosed up this time, Cornellius HATES rap music," and,"You can do whatever you want in life."

This is one Achewoodism that has made it into my everyday life. Just the other day:

<MyWife> Hey, can I change shirts real quick before we leave?
<Me> You can do whatever you want in life.
<MyWife> :jerkbag:

Wakarooney
Aug 26, 2005

The Most Daintiest Southern Belle

Jerusalem posted:

THAT is also one of my personal favorites

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

This is one Achewoodism that has made it into my everyday life.

Same here. It's a great response to any story I hear about someone doing something completely insane, such as covering their entire house in bottlecaps. It can be awesome or horrible, the response works both ways. You can do whatever you want in life.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I've made a point of ending every story I tell with "The end! No moral."

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

DocFrance posted:

I've made a point of ending every story I tell with "The end! No moral."

You can't just say that and not post the link.

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

I ended up reading the whole Phillipe arc as a result of clicking this link. It's kind of poo poo how it ended, but drat was Achewood good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ChuckDHead posted:

I ended up reading the whole Phillipe arc as a result of clicking this link. It's kind of poo poo how it ended, but drat was Achewood good.

I remember at the time that arc was going on, people being really worried about Phillippe and then the next strip was him yelling grouchily at all the bums :3:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

ChuckDHead posted:

It doesn't matter how the Phillipe story ended. Onstad told us that story so he could tell us the story of the Keith Moon head.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Deathlove posted:

It doesn't matter how the Phillipe story ended. Onstad told us that story so he could tell us the story of the Keith Moon head.

I tried typing "What's the best thing you got" into eBay once. Major disappointment.

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months
GET. THE. BIGGEST. LASER.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Dickeye posted:

I tried typing "What's the best thing you got" into eBay once. Major disappointment.

I find it works better when trying a new restaurant.

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

Deathlove posted:

Oh, I liked the entirety of the Phillipe story, I just meant it was a shame how Achewood as a whole ended.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

ChuckDHead posted:

A lot of people, rightly, love The Great Outdoor Fight but I think Philippe's trip to the transfer station has some of Onstad's best writing.

The transfer station takes them all through its doors. And when they can work no more they fall in among the trash and become it and are gone

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

EndOfTheWorld posted:

A lot of people, rightly, love The Great Outdoor Fight but I think Philippe's trip to the transfer station has some of Onstad's best writing.

The transfer station takes them all through its doors. And when they can work no more they fall in among the trash and become it and are gone

It is a great arc, and has some really excellent writing in it. I really love the first strip with Vlad's total insanity.

Had the high school arc not spluttered out and been interrupted with incredibly frustrating delays, I think it could have been a favourite of mine. I really love the concept and there were a lot of funny moments.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01232008

This. This is the pinnacle of Ray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dickeye posted:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01232008

This. This is the pinnacle of Ray.

God I love the "developing...." at the bottom of that headline. Also Ray is so, so right, all people really want is to eat some loving dinner and have some loving money.