Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

conscript salad posted:

I really want a more dynamic car-jacking mechanic. Open door, pull out motorist and drive off is all a single button press. Same with parked cars; break window, open door, hot-wire and drive away.

Give the motorist a gun or pepper spray. Have them put up a fight while still inside the vehicle.

And allow me to acquire equipment to steal cars without getting into a police chase from the get go. Like using a slimjim that requires me to move the analog stick around until i feel the sweet spot and the controller rumbles. Sure if I'm already wanted and in a hurry I can just smash the window in but giving me that option would make the game much more tactile.

I think a hot-wiring mini game could work well too, something along the lines of the lock-picking one from Bully.

Some other games require quick time events to acquire vehicles and it SUCKS. This is like the "I want it more realistic/serious this time around!" crowd before GTA4 came out and they made it more realistic/serious and now all everyone does is complain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Capslocke
Jun 5, 2007

Jefferoo posted:

So how the hell do I install mods into the Steam version of GTA:SA? I tried some sort of like Portuguese HD mod and it crashes mid-load.

Last I checked, you have to use a :filez: NoCD of 1.0 (or use the original exe with cd in drive), Steam's EXE has all the anti-modification code after the hot-coffee shenangins.

John Capslocke fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 21, 2011

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

precision posted:

That was very well done, and as I said a few pages ago, I'm betting GTA5 has multiple protagonists right out of the box so that there's more of that.

I don't know quite what it is, or if it's just a combination of many little things, but I loved TLaD so very, very much. The missions are mostly pretty varied (not as crazy as TBoGT, but good enough) and the story was amazing to me. They did a great job of capturing the feel of the whole biker subculture, the VAs did fantastic, the stuff between Johnny and Ashley, the emails Johnny gets from his brother, etc. It was also a nice change of pace to have a protagonist that was reasonably sane and basically a good person (CJ was like that too, except when the game randomly decided he wasn't). It was the perfect change of pace after the exhausting experience of playing Niko, poster boy for PTSD and cognitive dissonance.

I just played though TLaD again and it really is a great game. Johnny was a great character. I loved the banter between him and Malc over their respective choice of bikes.

Was there any controversy over the Stubbs :dong: scene? I would have thought Fox news would be all over that, especially after the hot coffee fiasco.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

VoidAltoid posted:

And the mini games get quite old very quickly because you steal cars so often in a game titled Grand Theft Auto. Even with different minigames for each one, I got sick of it pretty quick because I just wanted to get in the car and go, not play a minigame to be able to drive off.

It has some benefits at the same time. It's really exciting trying to run from cops and desperately squiggling with the pen trying to spark the wires before they catch you, but I can see why you might find that obnoxious though.

conscript salad
Oct 5, 2005
I am not allowed to post outside of CC or repsnake will hurt me.

Cage posted:

In GTA4 this will only happen if a cop sees you stealing a car, otherwise you won't get any stars.

This would be true if it weren't for the fact that an abnormally large percent of vehicles in Liberty City have car alarms. Even some of the old, rusty clunkers have them.

It's weird how it works sometimes. I've jacked a car and driven it two blocks, thinking that I've pulled it off scott free and then a star pops up. And I hate that. The only explanation I can come up with is a pedestrian called it in.

Pedrophile
Feb 25, 2011

by angerbot
Mafia 2 had a good compromise, you could either sit and pick a lock or just bust the window and get in.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Spalec posted:

Was there any controversy over the Stubbs :dong: scene? I would have thought Fox news would be all over that, especially after the hot coffee fiasco.
Red Dead Redemption actually had a pretty graphic sex scene that ended with full frontal nudity. I don't think much of an issue was made over it. The media might just be over video game controversies.

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 21, 2011

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

KFCB posted:

Especially if you got to play both sides of a crime. Hell, make that the bridge between them... catching the gangster being the last mission of the cop and then taking over as the gangster to break out and continue your crime spree.

Also, do you have a link to the link stuff?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/295771/grand-theft-auto-v-casting-call-maximises-hype/

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I can actually see that young boy fighting for the rights to party hard being a casting call for Bully 2.

Bully 2 would rule, Bully is an amazing game that almost everybody that played it liked.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Why is my xbox controller not working with the pc version of GTA IV? When I get in a car the triggers rotate the camera instead of being gas and brakes, and there is no way to customize the bindings.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Zedd posted:

I can actually see that young boy fighting for the rights to party hard being a casting call for Bully 2.

Bully 2 would rule, Bully is an amazing game that almost everybody that played it liked.

Bully with accurate nerd shoving mechanics would rule so much.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Boondock Saint posted:

Just wanted to say thanks so much for this! I've been wanting to replay Vice City for the longest time on my PC but wasn't able to due to the controls being a bitch with a controller. This completely fixed that problem for me.
:allears:
I'm delighted some of the game wiki work I've done helped someone! It took me a while to get that all proper. The one problem I've noticed with that MotionInJoy setup: the left stick click is unreliable when you're trying to turn sirens on and off. I'm not sure why.
E:

quote:

So I never played LC or VC stories? Are either worth picking up?
I think both are, absolutely. LCS is essentially the game of Vice City in the GTAIII world, minus helicopters. I think Vice City Stories is the most accomplished game of the bunch, since it has all of the San Andreas improvements/minigames in the Vice City world. Both have excellent soundtracks, expand on the storylines of the original games and give you a huge amount of content in the same old worlds. If you still have a PS2 or have a backward-compatible PS3, by all means get them.

I have Liberty City Stories at 90%, with all the side missions done except for the final hidden package. Now it's time to cruise through the last bit of the story. :c00l:

bort fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 21, 2011

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

Bottom Liner posted:

Why is my xbox controller not working with the pc version of GTA IV? When I get in a car the triggers rotate the camera instead of being gas and brakes, and there is no way to customize the bindings.

It should work fine, it picks it up natively for me. Close all emulating programs like Xpadder, and make sure you got the latest drivers from microsoft. You can even switch to keyboard on the fly and the prompts change and stuff.

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

"Patience, young grasshopper."

bort posted:

I think both are, absolutely. LCS is essentially the game of Vice City in the GTAIII world, minus helicopters. I think Vice City Stories is the most accomplished game of the bunch, since it has all of the San Andreas improvements/minigames in the Vice City world. Both have excellent soundtracks, expand on the storylines of the original games and give you a huge amount of content in the same old worlds. If you still have a PS2 or have a backward-compatible PS3, by all means get them.

I have Liberty City Stories at 90%, with all the side missions done except for the final hidden package. Now it's time to cruise through the last bit of the story. :c00l:

Vice City Stories also introduced the "business" aspects with the prostitution rackets etc. It made it a great PSP game and when I had to spend a lot of time in hospital it was phenomenally addictive and I spent days just dicking about with those aspects of the game.

The radio is definitely top-notch in both. And Couzin Ed (how it's spelt, don't rage at me) beating down on Lazlow in VCS is hilarious.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Samopsa posted:

It should work fine, it picks it up natively for me. Close all emulating programs like Xpadder, and make sure you got the latest drivers from microsoft. You can even switch to keyboard on the fly and the prompts change and stuff.

That's exactly what I did. Never had Xpadder, just installed with drivers for the controller, plugged it in, and it didn't work. All of the buttons do something, but none of them what they should be. I can't accelerate in cars, I can't fire weapons on foot, etc. The triggers only pan the camera left and right and the left stick turns the car/character left and right and pans the camera up and down. I don't know what the heck.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
Only thing I can think of is the drivers. For some reason the wired/wireless 360 controllers work differently, so you might need other drivers or such. I remember needing to download some wonky 3rd party drivers for it to work properly (wireless with 3rd party connector), can't remember where I got 'em though.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I seem to be one of the few people who thought Bully was mediocrity incarnate. I found The Warriors to be the far superior game. So good in fact, I think it's the best game Rockstar has ever made to this day.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
^^ The Warriors was loving amazing yeah, but Bully was also really good. While it lasted. After you beat it there's really not much point in playing it ever again. Also, I'm one of the few people that like the Manhunt series. Yes, I said "series"... I even liked the sequel.

Zedd posted:

Wasn't there a tiny little whiff of a rumor that a Bully 2 was coming eventually? No word on when or what it'd be about, but I remember a brief mention somewhere. As much as I love having new characters in each Rockstar game, I'd like to see the sequel bring Jimmy back as a protagonist. I'm thinking maybe it could be set in college, since the high-school setting of the first game is pretty much played out.

I'm just wondering what sort of fighting or weapon system they'd have in a college setting. It'd have to be both non-lethal and feel right in the Bully universe.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Apr 22, 2011

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I never really got into Bully, but that probably has more to do with the fact I played the 360 version when it first came out (and was the buggiest poo poo ever) than anything else. I got the PC version from the Steam sale a few days ago, so I'll give it another go soon enough.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tewratomeh posted:

Wasn't there a tiny little whiff of a rumor that a Bully 2 was coming eventually? No word on when or what it'd be about, but I remember a brief mention somewhere.

I remember something about that too. I really don't know why it hasn't happened yet, Bully hit that sweet spot that very few games even come close to.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
The guy who did the soundtrack for Bully posted on Twitter or something a long time ago that he got hired to write the music for the sequel. I've heard nothing else since, though.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

ElwoodCuse posted:

The guy who did the soundtrack for Bully posted on Twitter or something a long time ago that he got hired to write the music for the sequel. I've heard nothing else since, though.

Shawn Lee. Holy poo poo a new Bully and a new Shawn Lee soundtrack would be so awesome. The music added so much to that game.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I dunno.

I liked the premise, but the gameplay and story just drove me crazy. It feels like I'm only ever doing menial tasks for people in Bully. While I know you're doing errands for people in GTA,it usually culminates with something awesome: go and steal me these exact luxury sports cars in five minutes without a single dent! Go and assassinate this dude who hosed you over!

In Bully, it's usually something like,"So I want to go to the movies but there's a line! Fight with all of the guys in line so I can get my ticket!" or "let's go on a date to this one fair, swing that mallet for me with those big arms, Jimmy!"

The mission design and variety are awful and this is made worse when you consider that classes are pretty much done with a quarter into the game.

I never got the appeal. I may try it again sometime down the line for pc or wii, but seriously I have never been so bored playing a Rockstar game. Maybe I was doing something wrong.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Himuro posted:

I never got the appeal. I may try it again sometime down the line for pc or wii, but seriously I have never been so bored playing a Rockstar game. Maybe I was doing something wrong.

I think what you were doing wrong was expecting it to be exactly like the early 3D Grand Theft Auto games. It might've been a "Rockstar" game, but keep in mind that it was an entirely different development team than the GTA series. In fact the team, Rockstar Vancouver, has apparently never worked on a Rockstar game before or since. The game was well-received, so I don't know why... but there you go. That's why it feels so different than other Rockstar games.

Personally I liked the boring-ness. The point of having a class schedule was specifically to piss you off. You're meant to feel like a kid attending a soul-crushing public school. You want to do fun stuff, you want to kick pick people in the nuts and toss stink bombs at people but you're constantly forced to go to class. And you're an "errand boy" because the entire school system is based around croney-ism and sucking up to people above you so you can stab them in the back later. Jimmy plays along with it and that's why it feels like this never-ending slog to the top the whole way.

I thought it was also kind of a jab at the Rockstar Games story structure. Basically the game is like the GTA formula condensed into a small town and high-school... wait a minute, every Rockstar game has you doing "menial tasks", so what makes Bully any different? I'm not even sure now what your problem with the game is.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
So I hooked up the PS2 today and loaded up San Andreas...and was pretty disappointed. I couldn't believe the draw distance/graphics, I'm sure Xbox and PC is a little better but on PS2 it's so terrible. It's the first time I took a step back a generation in years so I guess rose-tinted glass and all, but wow. I'll still try starting a new game and stomach through it, I'm sure it'll grow on me. Anyone else on PS2 replaying these or are you all on PC with increased draw distances and modded graphics?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Timeless Appeal posted:

Red Dead Redemption actually had a pretty graphic sex scene that ended with full frontal nudity. I don't think much of an issue was made over it. The media might just be over video game controversies.
That's what I don't get. How can that get an M rating while Hot Coffee (which was a full clothed scene that had to be hacked into the game) meant GTASA for a retroactive AO rating? Have the ESRB standards changed that much since 2005?

Also, was it even possible to see the Hot Coffee scene on the PS2?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

wa27 posted:

That's what I don't get. How can that get an M rating while Hot Coffee (which was a full clothed scene that had to be hacked into the game) meant GTASA for a retroactive AO rating? Have the ESRB standards changed that much since 2005?

They got shamed into it by public pressure, plain and simple. The M rating already said it had "strong sexual content". But if they don't respond to the outrage the ESRB looks like the bad guy.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Himuro posted:

I seem to be one of the few people who thought Bully was mediocrity incarnate. I found The Warriors to be the far superior game. So good in fact, I think it's the best game Rockstar has ever made to this day.

I loved the whole beat 'em up quality to it. But it could have stood to be more open world. The only problem was that it was bound to the movie too much. Just give me a very big open world New York and cut me loose. No problems.

Himuro posted:

I dunno.

I liked the premise, but the gameplay and story just drove me crazy. It feels like I'm only ever doing menial tasks for people in Bully. While I know you're doing errands for people in GTA,it usually culminates with something awesome: go and steal me these exact luxury sports cars in five minutes without a single dent! Go and assassinate this dude who hosed you over!

In Bully, it's usually something like,"So I want to go to the movies but there's a line! Fight with all of the guys in line so I can get my ticket!" or "let's go on a date to this one fair, swing that mallet for me with those big arms, Jimmy!"

The mission design and variety are awful and this is made worse when you consider that classes are pretty much done with a quarter into the game.

Tewratomeh posted:

I think what you were doing wrong was expecting it to be exactly like the early 3D Grand Theft Auto games. It might've been a "Rockstar" game, but keep in mind that it was an entirely different development team than the GTA series. In fact the team, Rockstar Vancouver, has apparently never worked on a Rockstar game before or since. The game was well-received, so I don't know why... but there you go. That's why it feels so different than other Rockstar games.

Personally I liked the boring-ness. The point of having a class schedule was specifically to piss you off. You're meant to feel like a kid attending a soul-crushing public school. You want to do fun stuff, you want to kick pick people in the nuts and toss stink bombs at people but you're constantly forced to go to class. And you're an "errand boy" because the entire school system is based around croney-ism and sucking up to people above you so you can stab them in the back later. Jimmy plays along with it and that's why it feels like this never-ending slog to the top the whole way.

I thought it was also kind of a jab at the Rockstar Games story structure. Basically the game is like the GTA formula condensed into a small town and high-school... wait a minute, every Rockstar game has you doing "menial tasks", so what makes Bully any different? I'm not even sure now what your problem with the game is.

Bully seemed to be hamstrung by Rockstar's growing resistance to the ratings board. There were many good things about it, but it stuck of being stuck in some sort of '50s TV reality that made no sense. Greasers? A quaint New England private school? Riding bikes? I wanted a GTA with a young protagonist who wasn't interacting with some Caddyshack idea of old wealth, I wanted a really gritty experience. Kids are much, much nastier than adults, and if Rockstar had some convictions they could have made a really deplorable version. They came close when your character could get tattoos, but think of modern day America's school system and all the weird poo poo that comes from that. Then it could be something really loving awesome.

Instead, we get something just really underwhelming. It's a good game, but I wanted something more. Skip the Leave It to Beaver bullshit and give me a nastier version of GTA, for crying out loud.

ElwoodCuse posted:

They got shamed into it by public pressure, plain and simple. The M rating already said it had "strong sexual content". But if they don't respond to the outrage the ESRB looks like the bad guy.

This kowtowing pretty much led to a castrated Rockstar that only started coming back with Red Dead Redemption.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I loved the whole beat 'em up quality to it. But it could have stood to be more open world. The only problem was that it was bound to the movie too much. Just give me a very big open world New York and cut me loose. No problems.

I think The Warriors benefits from the lower scale, actually.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

The Warriors is a game based off a movie that perfectly captures the pacing and atmosphere of the film. Making it open-world would've completely defeated the purpose of the game. Basically it boils down to: did you like The Warriors as a movie? If so, you'll love the game. If not, then maybe the game isn't for you.

I'd go so far as to say it's the best videogame adaptation of a movie to date. Not that there's much competition there.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Dude, I was about to say. Word up, best movie adaptation to game ever. Enhances the characters, gives more backstory...it was a dream for every Warriors fan.

I know it's not GTA but I greatly desire Saints Row The Third. Holy poo poo.

Jupiter Jazz fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 22, 2011

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Himuro posted:

I think The Warriors benefits from the lower scale, actually.

I didn't care for the maze aspect to a lot of it. It seemed they were aping Beat Em Ups repetitiveness a little too much. Still, a minor complaint.

Tewratomeh posted:

The Warriors is a game based off a movie that perfectly captures the pacing and atmosphere of the film. Making it open-world would've completely defeated the purpose of the game. Basically it boils down to: did you like The Warriors as a movie? If so, you'll love the game. If not, then maybe the game isn't for you.

I'd go so far as to say it's the best videogame adaptation of a movie to date. Not that there's much competition there.

I loved the movie, but I didn't care for some aspects of the game. Doesn't mean I hate the game. Sorry if I gave that impression.

Himuro posted:

Dude, I was about to say. Word up, best movie adaptation to game ever. Enhances the characters, gives more backstory...it was a dream for every Warriors fan.

I know it's not GTA but I greatly desire Saints Row The Third. Holy poo poo.

Is that a goddamn dildo sword??

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Rolled the credits in Liberty City Stories, a little trip report (not spoilering this, but I will if people think I should...)

Loved the additions to the Liberty City backstory. The final run of story missions are great fun (the construction site and the Kasen's story, especially). I was disappointed the destroyed street in St. Marks/Hepburn Heights in GTAIII stayed intact. It's cool that Toni stays loyal to the Leones for the duration of the game. Although he's not my favorite protagonist in the series, he grew on me.

Most frustrating missions: Thrashin' RC gets #1 by a long, long shot. That course is so short and has so many tough turns with horrible poles in the way. I would screw up once, and the race leader would run away with it; if I got in front and wasn't 100% perfect with my racing, I'd get overtaken immediately and usually knocked off course. Way out in front? I'd slam into a van or take a turn too wide and miss a checkpoint. Bump n' Grind, since the times are pretty tight on the different courses, and there are so many. Go Go Faggio gets third place. I had a really tough time with one of the Torrington unique jumps. Caught In The Act gave me the most trouble of the story missions (boat + targeting reticle = :gonk:). I had my usual late-level failure in Paramedic, but I've failed that on level 9-12 so many times I've come to expect it when I start.

Things that went oddly well: I nailed the Callahan Bridge hidden package (#37 on the Gamefaqs map) on the second try. I remember it taking me forever the first time I played the game. I stole the Rhino on my first try (took me a long time on my GTAIII run), and took it back to Portland to complete the Vigilante missions.

ee: not tl;dr enough, but one other thing that made me mad: Completing the See The Sights Before Your Flight missions gets you an armored Landstalker. I garaged it and took it out for the story missions. Of course, I flipped it and it burned, and disappeared from the garage in all my saves!

bort fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Apr 22, 2011

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I stopped playing LCS on the mission where you had to remotely drive a car via bumper-cam and delayed controls. How far into the story was I? I've been thinking of restarting it thanks to this thread (or maybe just buying VCS and playing that).

bort
Mar 13, 2003

wa27 posted:

I stopped playing LCS on the mission where you had to remotely drive a car via bumper-cam and delayed controls. How far into the story was I? I've been thinking of restarting it thanks to this thread (or maybe just buying VCS and playing that).
Yeah! Taking the Peace. About 70% of the way through the story. e: You're three or four missions away from Shoreside Vale and it's pretty much easy street after it, if you're not doing side missions.

It's tough. If you stop moving, the Forellis chew you to bits, but they don't hit you if you're moving. So never stop where they can shoot you. Pass through the center of 'em to bust up the car roadblock, run back along the side with the pillars and then just keep going back and forth picking off stragglers.

One thing that's funny about that mission: I drove the car into the water and it just sits there. Paulie doesn't drown, the car doesn't blow up, it just sits there.

bort fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Apr 22, 2011

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

I didn't care for the maze aspect to a lot of it. It seemed they were aping Beat Em Ups repetitiveness a little too much. Still, a minor complaint.

I loved the movie, but I didn't care for some aspects of the game. Doesn't mean I hate the game. Sorry if I gave that impression.

Is that a goddamn dildo sword??

Yes, yes it is!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I wanted a GTA

That right there is the reason you didn't like Bully.

quote:

This kowtowing pretty much led to a castrated Rockstar that only started coming back with Red Dead Redemption.

Full frontal male nudity - which is incredibly rare even in film - was a "castrated" Rockstar?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

precision posted:

Full frontal male nudity - which is incredibly rare even in film - was a "castrated" Rockstar?

Rockstar North, the developers responsible for the GTA games, even went on to develop Manhunt 2 after the Hot Coffee scandal. Yeah, they all but disowned the game shortly after, but Manhunt 2 was a game where, speaking of "castrated", you could literally castrate people with a pair of pliers. The game was even released on the Wii, Nintendo's "Kiddy Console", with full motion controls so you could simulate strangling people in real time.

And in GTA IV you have missions like the stranger who murders his "cheating" wife and you have to drive the car with her bloody corpse in the back and drive it into the river. Red Dead Redemption had the old man whose dead wife he kept in his cabin plus the character of Seth, grave robber and implied necrophiliac.

Rockstar may have "mellowed" overall, but they're far from castrated.

Dotcom656
Apr 7, 2007
I WILL TAKE BETTER PICTURES OF MY DRAWINGS BEFORE POSTING THEM
Ugh Spent 2 days downloading this on an awful connection only to find out that when driving the game decides to run like rear end and make me feel like I'm driving through molasses. I've got a Phenom II X6 1090T, 4GB RAM and an AMD 6870. Does anyone have any idea whats causing this and how I can fix it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

"Patience, young grasshopper."

Dotcom656 posted:

Ugh Spent 2 days downloading this on an awful connection only to find out that when driving the game decides to run like rear end and make me feel like I'm driving through molasses. I've got a Phenom II X6 1090T, 4GB RAM and an AMD 6870. Does anyone have any idea whats causing this and how I can fix it?

With a graphics card like that your system should pwn this game. Have you got the latest drivers? And is it just FPS drops as you drive or constant FPS issues?

• Locked thread