Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rotor posted:

NIGGA YOU BALD AS gently caress, GODDAMN

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

dee eight posted:

saw this in a pyf thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75Q1dmlPd80

z0ratio sexhaver
Mar 10, 2011

dee eight posted:

i think funny caption contest

prize is a pack of catnippe seeds for the best one

dee eight pls switch from catte nip to dank rear end budzzz and i will be ur customer 4 lyfe nigga

i wanna smoke dat montana dank poo poo, yo...

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Kirk posted:

dings plays a little bit too hard sometimes

drat don't you have to be careful about cat bites and infection? I knew someone who was bit by her cat and she had to be in the hospital for a few days while her whole arm swole up. They might have even had to amputate if it got much worse. Seriously.

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>

mod sassinator posted:

drat don't you have to be careful about cat bites and infection? I knew someone who was bit by her cat and she had to be in the hospital for a few days while her whole arm swole up. They might have even had to amputate if it got much worse. Seriously.

yeah cats teeth are really dirty iirc

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier of the Neil Bush Torch

mod sassinator posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW8S58CYQqs

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

BIG HEAD CAT

edit:

rotor fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Apr 22, 2011

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

z0ratio sexhaver posted:

dee eight pls switch from catte nip to dank rear end budzzz and i will be ur customer 4 lyfe nigga

i wanna smoke dat montana dank poo poo, yo...

dude just move here and get glaucoma

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

rotor posted:

BIG HEAD CAT

edit:
most excellent

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Found out this place is literally across the street:

http://www.hhforcats.org/

It's a no-kill shelter that is basically a three-story house full of cattes. Gonna ask if I can come in and play with them cats and maybe take some pictures

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>
no-kill shelter aka the house that smells like cat pee

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

dee eight posted:

saw this in a pyf thread

PHIL? PHIL CONNORS?

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

lol

how long have you owned cats bro

either my cats have all had really clean mouths or im immune to cat bacteria cause i've had about 5x worse a dozen times over

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

that depth of field... Also that cat owns.

Trying to think of good cat-ption for other image, but I got nothing

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Kirk posted:

PHIL? PHIL CONNORS?

this is a beautiful thing, a thing of beauty

VVVV you'll be loving patient the contest isnt over yet

dee eight fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Apr 22, 2011

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
ill take my nip in dime bags

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

dee eight posted:

saw this in a pyf thread

trying to get my swerve on here bro, step off.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

dee eight posted:

saw this in a pyf thread

"No Rotor don't jump, i'll come over and purr on your lap!"

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
loafofshame.jpg

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Kirk posted:

lol

how long have you owned cats bro

either my cats have all had really clean mouths or im immune to cat bacteria cause i've had about 5x worse a dozen times over

no it's true. my coworker's catte freaked out once and bit his hand and it swole up real bad. his drat fingers looked like sausages for a week

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Yodzilla posted:

no it's true. my coworker's catte freaked out once and bit his hand and it swole up real bad. his drat fingers looked like sausages for a week

it usually happens to kids with poo poo immune systems but most adults won't get cat scratch fever but even still it won't make you swell up like a balloon. that person probably had a really bad allergic reaction or something.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

flyboi posted:

it usually happens to kids with poo poo immune systems but most adults won't get cat scratch fever but even still it won't make you swell up like a balloon. that person probably had a really bad allergic reaction or something.

Cat scratches won't blow up your hand, but a serious cat bite can lead to "sorry, you are completely hosed" land. Their needle like teeth puncture deep and pull right out, leaving shitloads of bacteria. Raging hematoma comes quick, and infection sets in before you know it. I was bitten hard by a friend's cat and immediately afterwards I was squeezing blood out of the area as hard as I could and scrubbing it down with ant-bacterial soap. 10 minutes later I headed to the emergency room. X-rays to check for no tooth chips left behind, serious antibiotics, and elevated hand while waiting there.

Animal bites are nothing to gently caress with. Any kid growing up in the country can tell you that.

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

tell you cat to brush he teeth

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

the best part is being in year 8 of the tetanus booster cycle and freaking the gently caress out after an animal bite because of possible tetanus infection. also rabies shots

InsanityPrawnBoy
Jan 19, 2006

theres a dog trapped inside your guitar
Catte love.

Unimpressed.

Lick me.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

hi yospos

today i say goodbye to bobby, i'd like to tell you about her

bobby was a stray taken in by my great grandmother in 1996. so named because she had a short little bobby tail that would flick around back and forth oddly. bobby was terrified of everyone but my grandmother, who adored her. in 1998 she had some kittens, all of which were adopted into loving homes, and all of which had the same little stubby tails :3:

when my great grandmother passed away, bobby was taken in by my parents. I was a junior in high school at the time, 2000. she eventually warmed to us and became the friendliest cat, meowing softly and incessantly as you would pet her. if you would sit cross legged on the floor and she saw you, she would immediately trot over to you and lay in your lap while talking to you.

the last few months have been tough on her. she has clearly had feline arthritis for some time, but lately she rarely moves from beneath a cabinet in my parents' garage, she is partially deaf, is very thin, and can't really jump. she would still make tiny little meows as you gently pet her head in your lap, though.

my dad called me this morning to tell me he was taking her to the vet to put her to sleep. i am crying. she was a good catte.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Apr 22, 2011

Meowsdower
May 25, 2005

Woo! Tang! posted:

hi yospos

bobby was a stray taken in by my great grandmother in 1996. so named because she had a short little bobby tail that would flick around back and forth oddly. bobby was terrified of everyone but my grandmother, who adored her. in 1998 she had some kittens, all of which were adopted into loving homes, and all of which had the same little stubby tails :3:

when my great grandmother passed away, bobby was taken in by my parents. I was a junior in high school at the time, 2000. she eventually warmed to us and became the friendliest cat, meowing softly and incessantly as you would pet her. if you would sit cross legged on the floor and she saw you, she would immediately trot over to you and lay in your lap while talking to you.

the last few months have been tough on her. she has clearly had feline arthritis for some time, but lately she rarely moves from beneath a cabinet in my parents' garage, she is partially deaf, is very thin, and can't really jump. she would still make tiny little meows as you gently pet her head in your lap, though.

my dad called me this morning to tell me he was taking her to the vet to put her to sleep. i am crying. she was a good catte.

oh god :(

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Your family gave Bobby a good home and lots of love. Bobby gave back as much love as she got. :unsmith:

Losing little friends is never easy. :smith:

Tom Collins
Aug 25, 2000

Woo! Tang! posted:

she was a good catte.

if she had a good life, then you've already done all you can. condolences :(

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

flyboi posted:

loafofshame.jpg

hehehehe

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

may i present an uplifting story?

you don't know me but i gives no fucks cause i swam more than a mile across NY upper bay, some goddamn flood washed me out to sea, but i landed on governor's island where they cleaned the seaweed offa me and gave me lots of noms

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local...r_lands_on.html

http://govislandblog.com/

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
i need to find a pic of Fluffy

Fluffy was a momma feral catte around my gf's parents house. she died this last winter of natural causes but as near as we can tell she was at least 20 years old. for the past decade and a half she's been living around the outskirts of the house and being fed and only recently let anyone pet her

it's adorable though house a once feral catte can turn soft with age and this thing loved nothing more than getting skritched. drat catte gave the hardest headbutts i ever felt

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Governors Island used to loving own if you were military, before it got BRACed. Back in 96/97 my family went on a couple of trips to NYC that were cheap as hell by staying on governors island at the military hotel and taking the ferry in. Quiet all night and a bomb-rear end bagel stand right as you were waiting for the ferry in to the city.

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

I have zero interest in marriage.

mod sassinator posted:

I believe it more so depends on your cat and your own immune system.

If your cat is indoor only, it's fine.

Outdoor/indoor you should be a little worried, although I've always played rough with my out/in cats and never had a problem. I think a lot of it is your immune system, so you city folk better watch out ya here.

El Jackalope posted:

10 minutes later I headed to the emergency room. X-rays to check for no tooth chips left behind, serious antibiotics, and elevated hand while waiting there.

lol wha, you went to the ER immediately after a cat bite?

Bicycle SexFucker fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 22, 2011

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

flyboi posted:

loafofshame.jpg

ahhaha

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Neu posted:

if you get a really deep animal bite you should. like if a cat buries its fangs in you up to the gums, then it's time to go to the hospital.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

Neu posted:

yeah its recommended for any deep animal bite. the risks of tetanus and/or rabies (if its feral) are too great to ignore. also possible blood disease and all that poo poo

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008

Woo! Tang! posted:

you gave this awesome cat a totally awesome life. say goodbye, which is sad, but celebrate the life and the memories she left behind :)

when you're ready...consider paying bobby's love forward :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Woo! Tang! posted:

hi yospos

RIP bobby, another good catte gone