Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HavveK
Aug 3, 2008

loldance posted:

So is anyone going to the Asian Man anniversary fest dealio in San Fransisco? I'm going from Florida and it'd be cool to meet up with some other people who are into it, especially anyone who lives around the area... so that i can get a hint on other cool things to do/check out/eat at.

I'm flying in from Chicago. I missed my chance to see Slapstick once, won't make that mistake again.

I've been looking at renting a condo for the week that is walkable from the venues. what are other people doing for housing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

I'm flying in from Philly. Still no idea where I'm staying. No hotels seem to be close enough to walk back to.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.

seventeen posted:

I'd love to read what they have to say when they discover Choking Victim

"GOD HATES CRUSTYZ"

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
I'm heading out there for the Asian Man fest, too. I have no idea how yet, nor where I'm going to stay. I was thinking a road trip would be funtastic, but I don't know how that would happen.

loldance
Nov 30, 2005

It's laundry day; I'm down to my priest outfit.
Yeah my plans are all... unplanned. Speaking of the crusties, what i really want to do is go to Chaos in Tejas (Austin, TX) and then waste 10 days on a road trip out to San Fran. I think i might crash with my friend who will be visiting since he used to live there. I was looking at the facebook page and one dude was saying he's staying at a hostel? That's a possibility.

I'm glad a bunch of you of going!

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?
I'm gonna be staying in my apartment and taking public transportation.

Suckers.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Flying in from New Jersey for AMR Fest... my group got a hotel and all that. Will probably rely on taxis or rides from friends.

nach0king
Jan 11, 2007

GET BACK TO WORK!!!
Does anyone in the UK remember Ask My Cat? They were only around for a couple of years but they were awesome. Never saw them live, sadly. Was curious if any of them are still playing ska with anyone. Any ideas?

Two Ask My Cat tracks survive on the accursed wastelands of MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/askmycat/music

nach0king fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Apr 25, 2011

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

“@LessThanJake: Guess who's working on new songs?” 

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FloppyDiskCommando posted:

Not Streetlight Manifesto ohhhhhh shiiiiiiit.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Dickeye posted:

Not Streetlight Manifesto ohhhhhh shiiiiiiit.

Sick burn dude

Hey so MY GIRLFRIEND got us tickets to see Tomas do his solo acoustic stuff. Anybody heard it? Worth going?

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Sick burn dude

Hey so MY GIRLFRIEND got us tickets to see Tomas do his solo acoustic stuff. Anybody heard it? Worth going?

There are a lot of videos on youtube if you look up Toh Kay, they're pretty melloww and relaxing. His voice changes immensely, and while I like it, he's still not the best singer. I'd go, though. He only played 21+ shows near me so I couldn't.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

gently caress yes more songs about getting out of FLA

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!

Sick burn dude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAXvTJGwnVI

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO4MPhIaHhg :downsrim:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

yah she's pretty awesome

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Saw him do a solo show at Joe's Pub last year. It's a pretty fun experience even though he's obviously not the best singer and will sometimes forget the lyrics to his own songs. Lots of people are going to be singing along and, unfortunately, will even song out the horn parts.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

interpunct posted:

Saw him do a solo show at Joe's Pub last year. It's a pretty fun experience even though he's obviously not the best singer and will sometimes forget the lyrics to his own songs. Lots of people are going to be singing along and, unfortunately, will even song out the horn parts.

How much of it is original stuff and how much is Streetlight songs?

e: if he plays Supernothing I may have to change my underpants

This is Unsavory
Feb 14, 2009

How much of it is original stuff and how much is Streetlight songs?

e: if he plays Supernothing I may have to change my underpants

I saw him in LA back in January, and it was all Streetlight with some Catch and BOTAR mixed in. He played a bit of a new Streetlight song but other than that, there wasn't anything really new. Didn't even do anything off You By Me split. That's not to say it's not worth going to. I gotta say the crowd was pretty disrespectful, though. Too many people expected it to be like a full-on Streetlight show and shouted songs and lyrics at him pretty much non-stop. It was supposed to be an intimate, laid-back show, and a lot of people didn't get that.

This is Unsavory fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Apr 26, 2011

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FateoMcSkippy posted:

gently caress yes more songs about getting out of FLA

I don't give a poo poo if you're joking or not, I'm loving stoked for more songs about hating your town.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
Agreed. Of all the "big" ska bands, LTJ still manages to put out really solid music. Even their general rock songs are better than anything on the radio.

On a side note, BTMI! collaborator and all-around-amazing solo artist Laura Stevenson has a new record out today with The Cans. I don't know what it is about her, I don't normally like this kind of music, but she makes it work.
http://goo.gl/HUw5f

We should probably just start a Kickstarter campaign to rent an apartment for LTJ somewhere outside of Florida.

lessthankyle fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Apr 26, 2011

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Wherever we move them to, they'll want to get out of there and write songs about it.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

Move them to Baltimore. Or better yet, St Louis. The city where I couldn't even get a pizza delivered to the house.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Move them to Baltimore. Or better yet, St Louis. The city where I couldn't even get a pizza delivered to the house.
The City That Bleeds is deeply hurt by your remarks :mad:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Syracuse.

Most boring city that isn't in Nebraska.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Dickeye posted:

Syracuse.

Most boring city that isn't in Nebraska.

Yeah but going to Chief's games is fun!

Also wrong cause you've never lived in Western Mass. That part of the state is a black hole of suck

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The Chiefs lost a little bit of coolness when they changed their name back and got rid of that flying baseball bat logo.

On the flipside, Scootch.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Last time I went to a game there with my aunt uncle and cousins I apparently got piss drunk (i remember that) and did something embarrassing to/with Scootch. I do not remember this and they refuse to let me know what I did, just that I did it and it was hilarious.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

I'll take Greenfield, MA over STL. I was crashing this dude's house in St Louis and we had to frickin drive to dominos.

DRIVE

TO

DOMINOS.

If that's not rear end-backwards I don't know what is

Casual Encountess fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 28, 2011

BigHustle
Oct 19, 2005

Fast and Bulbous

I'll take Greenfield, MA over STL. I was crashing this dude's house in St Louis and we had to frickin drive to dominos.

DRIVE

TO

DOMINOS.

If that's not rear end-backwards I don't know what is

It's not like that in the 'burbs around STL, but yeah... Take out places don't deliver and most don't accept anything but cold, hard cash.

I'm trying to get passes to see LTJ/Streetlight and MU330 through the radio station. I'm hoping they pull through for me.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
How did no one direct me to this video for I've Set Sail?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydLfyrDi2iQ

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Probably because it's horrible :-\

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
What's wrong with the video, exactly? The neat little stop-motion style fits the mood of the song really well.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Don't like the song is all

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
i'm loving finally going to get to see btmi! :hellyeah:

june 19th at europa with cheap girls and the wild for 8 goddamned dollars

so loving pumped, the only way that could possibly be better would be if the taxpayers were there too.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

Obama Yo Mama posted:

i'm loving finally going to get to see btmi! :hellyeah:
june 19th at europa with cheap girls and the wild for 8 goddamned dollars

so loving pumped, the only way that could possibly be better would be if the taxpayers were there too.

Better check your email again, dude. BTMI! is going to be there on July 3rd. They'll actually be playing the AMR Fest on June 19.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
the dates got mashed up in my e-mail

i'm going to be in washington 4th of july weekend :negative:

i hate everything

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

Saw Toh Kay last night

Of course as per usual he forgot half the words to songs, but it was funny anyways. He also cussed me out for asking him to play Mrs Butterworth

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Saw Toh Kay last night

Of course as per usual he forgot half the words to songs, but it was funny anyways. He also cussed me out for asking him to play Mrs Butterworth

Haha that was you? Well he played the first 3 seconds of it so that counts I guess?

Most annoying were the 3 drunk kids stamping their feet out of rhythm the entire time. I only didn't yell at them because one of them owed me $25.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

How have I not met you before!? I feel like we've been to the same shows for like 4 years now.

Also: I kind of forgot it was an all ages show and I got really confused when all these 12 year olds showed up.

Casual Encountess fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 5, 2011