Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

By 'eck boss! Begun watching "the boat that Guy built" an' that. Proper telly that, chief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

:sigh:

As killboy put it, they're almost keeping up with that cruiser!

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

-Inu- posted:

British tourists with a momentary lapse, perhaps? :v:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

-Inu- posted:

Nebraska.PNG

only it should be an on ramp

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
from SVRider

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR

Beast Pussy posted:

looks like they just ripped the engine out of their goggolmobile thats in the background

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2V7B7-gdRA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEKyu5xN6ik

:stare:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNe2zcfdwwA&feature=related

They built their own fuckin transmission for that car too.

Love the music :v:

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

dietcokefiend posted:

:stare:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNe2zcfdwwA&feature=related

They built their own fuckin transmission for that car too.

How do you.. how can.. holy poo poo:wth:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

dietcokefiend posted:

They're a bit... German.

Iron crosses everywhere, Wagner in the background etc. etc., I hope they're just being ironic or something.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Guy gets 214mpg from a Honda 125
http://ecomodder.com/blog/diy-aero-fairings-honda-125cc-motorcycle-214-mpg/

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

KozmoNaut posted:

They're a bit... German.

Iron crosses everywhere, Wagner in the background etc. etc., I hope they're just being ironic or something.

That's the "Internationale", a Communist anthem.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

Retarded Pimp posted:

Pretty awesome, but I wonder what the MPG is at top speed (looks to be around 70MPH?)

From the comments:

quote:

hello im josh bolen and ok here goes.i any looking for a investor of a new electric car i invented.this new car needs no recharge.this car does not run or charge off solar power it is a totally fossil free vehicle.i have been researching this for some time now and come to conclusion this technology needs to been now and just because im a high school dropout and many people want believe it is possible to run a electric car without having to recharge it after some time of driving while there wrong i have.i am a inventor and have many inventions that people want believe could have been invented by a high school drop out. but everyone forgets to note that many of the worlds great inventors were just like me.i am just looking for someone to invest in me and let me prove everyone wrong and that this car is the future of automobiles and that it would be a lot faster and go further that anything we know of today.if there are any investor out there looking to make there money back 100 fold then this is my proposal i need 1.5 million to build 3 different types of this car such as a truck model a van model and a car model to showcase the unbelievable capabilities of this new technology.if there are any investor out there willing to give me a chance to showcase my skills in this new automotive technology then please email me aladen619@gmail.com or call me to set up a meeting near my home then heres the number 704-619-0115 .this offer is open to public or private investors so please if this sounds interesting to you then dont be to late make the call or send the e-mail you will not be disappointed

Yeah kid, let me just get that 1.5mm to you ASAP.

hayden. fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 24, 2011

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
hi again, josh!

http://www.reddit.com/r/reddit.com/comments/a4rif/i_need_a_scientist_to_help_me_i_have_a_potential/?sort=new

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Armyman25 posted:

That's the "Internationale", a Communist anthem.

Well, they had Wagner in some of their other videos :colbert:

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

Retarded Pimp posted:

If some one did something like this to an electric bike you might actually get a fairly usable range for trips outside the city. Would be pretty cool to see how far you could go, even though it really wouldn't be practical.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

KozmoNaut posted:

Well, they had Wagner in some of their other videos :colbert:

Maybe they're East German?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Saw this the other day at an indie bike shop in Phoenix.

Owner said they made like 100 total.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's loving awesome.

Just picked up an Indian.

Bike's nice, but I thought it needed the bobber treatment. Shortened and hardtailed the frame.

Went ahead and gave the engine a port and polish, too. Little extra power never hurt.

Reinstalled the engine, shortened and bobbed the rear fender, got rid of the front, painted the wheels, new seat and swapped the bars out for some mini-apes.

Then gave it a matte silver paintjob. Now I'm barhopping in style.

Me smokin' the rear.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
Is he actually doing okay without the training wheels?

content (from local craiglist http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mcd/2313627370.html )

Over $44,000 invested! Now for only $17,500!

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR
Holy poo poo I would be ashamed to drive that thing around. Also this is the only thing I could see looking at that front fairing.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The pipes are kinda cool, but more fit for a cafe racer or rugged streetfighter than that abortion.

edit: just noticed that kid also has a hot rodded model a in the background of the 4th pic. What a badass dad.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Apr 25, 2011

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

hayden. posted:

Is he actually doing okay without the training wheels?

content (from local craiglist http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mcd/2313627370.html )

Over $44,000 invested! Now for only $17,500!

Does it really cost that much to remove half of your braking power?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Next time I see a real Busa in stock Accountant Blue with a poorly fit Givi rack, a thick layer of chain fling off and fading OEM stickers - I will give it a big hug and whisper gently in its ram air intake: "Cherish this. You don't know how lucky you are."

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
From the ad it sounds like somebody just paid a boatload for a bunch of paint and chrome work as well lol

Nomex
Jul 17, 2002

Flame retarded.

Retarded Pimp posted:

I wonder how much extra MPG he could get by ditching those steel wheels in favor of a set of CBR125 aluminum ones.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Slim Pickens posted:

That's loving awesome.

Just picked up an Indian.

Bike's nice, but I thought it needed the bobber treatment. Shortened and hardtailed the frame.

Went ahead and gave the engine a port and polish, too. Little extra power never hurt.

Reinstalled the engine, shortened and bobbed the rear fender, got rid of the front, painted the wheels, new seat and swapped the bars out for some mini-apes.

Then gave it a matte silver paintjob. Now I'm barhopping in style.

Me smokin' the rear.

This post is the best post. Made me smile a lot.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Anyone know what this handlebar config is called? poo poo hangers?

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Ola posted:

Anyone know what this handlebar config is called? poo poo hangers?

Fatboy Ape Risers.. looks like a possible one off custom (j.b. welded together) mashup.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Motorcycle Chat Flashback, who remembers this bad boy

Whose was it? I want to say n8rs but I don't think so, someone on the east coast?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Ammanas posted:

Whose was it? I want to say n8rs but I don't think so, someone on the east coast?

Not mine - Freeride86

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
Glad I'm not this guy

http://www.dallasnews.com/video/featured/?bcid=917647895001

Saw it on HFL, lots of arguing in the comments (yes I subscribed, what of it) about what the rider should have done to avoid getting hit. Personally, I think the dipshit in the car should have been paying attention and not ran over the poor bastard, but what do I know.

I almost got flattened in a similar situation once by a Tundra. Dude went full-lock and came entirely too close to where I would have been if I hadn't jumped onto the double-yellow of the carpool lane (I've since gotten a lot more aggressive with the splitting, for better or worse).

n8r posted:

Not mine - Freeride86

Didn't he have some kind spectacular meltdown?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
poo poo like that is why the California Highway Patrol backs lanesplitting - we're more likely to be hit in the back than hit someone else

That guy is lucky he was thrown to the side instead of crushed between the two cars...man

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Ammanas posted:

What is/was this anyways? It's, badass.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

mattfl posted:

What is/was this anyways? It's, badass.

Kawasaki Z1000. Total girl bike. :v:

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Z1000 with a ZX10 fork swap and an aftermarket single sided exhaust. I'm sure there was other stuff done to it as well.

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Another youthful indiscretion

drat by Benwards, on Flickr

This seems like the right place to leave this guy.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

I had an overly-aggressive rookie stuff me on the bowl and then proceed way outside onto the flat portion because he didn't know what he was doing. I think they pulled him for the rest of that session.

Yeah, my buddy was going in on basically the right line, if I recall correctly. This guy on a ZZR, one of those "IM fastur then U bro" wannabe racer types who think "trading paint" with unsuspecting people on trackdays makes them the next Haga, decides to go right to the inside, starts to run wide almost immediately as you would expect and smacks him broadside about halfway to the apex. They both ended up at the top of the banking with the bikes in pieces.

I think he then fixed his kwakka and finished up the day! Then he got threatened with a law suit ($$$$$$$$$$ R7 plastics $$$$$$$$), waiver or no waiver, which put the wind up the organisers, even though it of course wasn't their fault.

The lesson is, riding your R7 very gently on a track day is not as safe as you think it is. I guess.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Some footage of the Motus on a track. That engine sounds nice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhaRdPJI3sU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Saga posted:

Yeah, my buddy was going in on basically the right line, if I recall correctly. This guy on a ZZR, one of those "IM fastur then U bro" wannabe racer types who think "trading paint" with unsuspecting people on trackdays makes them the next Haga, decides to go right to the inside, starts to run wide almost immediately as you would expect and smacks him broadside about halfway to the apex. They both ended up at the top of the banking with the bikes in pieces.

I think he then fixed his kwakka and finished up the day! Then he got threatened with a law suit ($$$$$$$$$$ R7 plastics $$$$$$$$), waiver or no waiver, which put the wind up the organisers, even though it of course wasn't their fault.

The lesson is, riding your R7 very gently on a track day is not as safe as you think it is. I guess.

These stories always take place in B or C group. Always. I've never heard of someone stuffing someone in the A group like that.

Coredump posted:

Some footage of the Motus on a track. That engine sounds nice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhaRdPJI3sU

Interesting commentary from Thermosman Suspension. I can believe it though, the Multi 12 was an amazing performer considering what it is, so if they've got some good chassis development/suspension development it should be capable of going as fast as you'd ever want to on the street.

Engine sounds much better in this clip than in the other one. Sounds like they used proper mics for it this time. The other question is...what's it gonna sound like when they can't use the aftermarket exhaust system on it?

Saga
Aug 17, 2009
It was pretty dumb, because if you know the bowl how are you going to get round the corner on that line? You have to drop into the banking to make the corner and your body is at or past 90 degrees off vertical at the apex (if you hang off like a loon anyway), so if you enter going across the corner at speed, you won't be able to get it turned.

I have heard of some gratuitous paint trading in the fast group, but typically people at least know what line they're on while doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Saga posted:

It was pretty dumb, because if you know the bowl how are you going to get round the corner on that line? You have to drop into the banking to make the corner and your body is at or past 90 degrees off vertical at the apex (if you hang off like a loon anyway), so if you enter going across the corner at speed, you won't be able to get it turned.

I have heard of some gratuitous paint trading in the fast group, but typically people at least know what line they're on while doing it.

Usually the fast guys don't need to trade paint to get by, so if they are, it's strictly to have a giggle with their friends.

Note: Responsible track riders never stuff their friends.