Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Bovine Delight posted:

footballinamerica.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Arrogant, dumb, meat headed and stubborn. Please disregard and move on.
Aside from the fact I can't read most of the text I don't see whats so bad about that infographic

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

TomSellek posted:

Aside from the fact I can't read most of the text I don't see whats so bad about that infographic

it's an 'infographic'. hope this helps

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
What's wrong with infographics?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

TomSellek posted:

What's wrong with infographics?

if you have to explain to your fans what an aggregate score is your argument for being World Champions of the sport is pretty heavily diminished hth

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008

ibroxmassive posted:

if you have to explain to your fans what an aggregate score is your argument for being World Champions of the sport is pretty heavily diminished hth

That isn't what it is saying

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
If you can't understand an infographic aimed at people who don't even follow football you are probably too stupid to be alive, hth Ibrox

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

TomSellek posted:

"how one MLS team is changing the world's view of american soccer"
"why it's so historic"
"The secret weapon: The fortress" ignoring the fact that the CWC is held on neutral ground

this is ignoring all the stupid poo poo like calling a draw a "tie" or having to explain away goals

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008

The Mash posted:

"why it's so historic"
"The secret weapon: The fortress" ignoring the fact that the CWC is held on neutral ground

this is ignoring all the stupid poo poo like calling a draw a "tie" or having to explain away goals

It's talking about the Concacaf champions league which is a 2 leg final, Mr. Danish Manchester United fan. Of course they would explain things like that, the majority of people here don't know anything about the sport. Maybe a few more of these will get them into the sport and they'll support the same club you do.

We have different terminology here please don't lose your composure over it.

Although DC United and LA Galaxy have both won the thing before.

TomSellek fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Apr 26, 2011

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
It's some stupid general primer about the club, I swear you people are so desperate to find something stupid about it that you are reaching further than the picture is.

AN OVER THE TOP HEADLINE?????????? This is truly unprecedented and is the first example I have ever seen.

"why it's so historic"

RLS could be the first MLS club to win the CWC, that is historic, sorry you don't understand what words mean.

That explains how they got there.

Christ you are an absolute idiot.

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Thanks BunnyX :D

Nyarlothotep
Apr 14, 2007
Don't fail to see Nyarlathotep if he comes to Providence. He is horrible — horrible beyond anything you can imagine — but wonderful. He haunts one for hours afterward. I am still shuddering at what he showed.

Carlo Garganese posted:

10 reasons why Serie A fans should still be happy despite being out of Europe

10) Italy has the most beautiful football presenters

Goddess Ilaria D’Amico will be in the studio popping out of her little black dress, gorgeous ex-Miss Italias will be presenting the news, while Leonardo's classy girlfriend will be leading the brigade of female correspondents. A far cry from England’s ITV coverage of the Champions League with the sexy Adrian Chiles.

9) Serie A has won the most Champions Leagues since 2006

Italy was flung head-first into crisis by Calciopoli five years ago, from which it is yet to fully recover. Since the scandal, Serie A has still won more Champions League trophies than any other country. More than a Premier League in the richest state in its history, and more than the duopoly that is La Liga. Now just imagine if Serie A hadn’t been in crisis!

8) Silvio Berlusconi is so much cooler than Angela Merkel

Who can forget the Milan president and Italian PM humiliating his German equivalent Angela Merkel at a NATO summit, leaving the greeting Chancellor waiting on the red carpet while he talked on his mobile phone? Schalke’s thumping of Inter doesn’t come close to avenging this national belittlement.

7) Europa League is not a competition

Granted, Italy have no teams remaining in the Champions League but their absence from the Europa League is not evidence of Calcio’s decline. The competition is so worthless that Christian Panucci's run to the semi-finals of Dancing with the Stars should be rewarded with more co-efficient points.

6) Germany's last Champions League triumph was centuries ago

Bundesliga this, Bundesliga that. Germany (Bayern Munich) still have to win another 875 titles before they are even close to equalling Italy’s number of triumphs. And that isn’t going to happen next season either with Bayern in the Europa League and Nuri Sahin fleeing Borussia Dortmund for a big championship.

5) There is no royal wedding in Italy

Football fans on the peninsula can look forward to this weekend’s Serie A action without being saturated by blanket media coverage of two cousins getting married. William vs Kate, or Chievo vs Lecce? Donkeys will fly before I watch the former.

4) Italy will still be represented in the Champions League final…

...through referee Nicola Rizzoli - one more Italian starter than Inter had in the final last season. So, in many ways an improvement for Calcio from 2010.

3) Serie A’s player of the year will be better than Scott Parker

If Scott Parker is the best player in the Premier League, then Serie A has nothing to worry about.

2) Inter can use their free time to get some chores done

Such as finding a new coach, right-back, centre-back, and whipping out some scissors to start unstitching the Scudetto and world champions badges from their shirts!

1) Lionel Messi is Italian

Instead of Schalke vs Man Utd on Tuesday night, Italians can watch the club their immigrant ancestors put together - Velez Sarsfield - in the Copa Libertadores knockouts. On away days Velez even wear the Italian flag as a shirt. And don't forget that 99 per cent of Argentines are really Italian. Including Lionel Messi, whose forefathers hail from Ancona.

Carlo Garganese is a loving child. Number 8 is my personal favourite - "heh, our unbelievably immoral and corrupt PM was incredibly rude to a fellow world leader, thereby embarrassing himself and by extension our entire nation. Take that, Germany :smug:

Nyarlothotep fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Apr 26, 2011

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
can't argue with 5 though tbh

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

TomSellek posted:

It's talking about the Concacaf champions league which is a 2 leg final, Mr. Danish Manchester United fan. Of course they would explain things like that, the majority of people here don't know anything about the sport.

Except for the fact that the biggest letters in the entire picture is "Club World Champions?"

Also, if you scroll up you'll see that all I ever posted was joking about how American it was in the degree of explaining in detail, which is exactly what you said as well.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

SteadfastMeat posted:

can't argue with 5 though tbh

apart from the part about them being cousins

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Also, the football won't really be effected, will it?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
We also get a bank holiday out of it

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Jose posted:

We also get a bank holiday out of it

I've always said we should never have left the Union :(

Dear Sergio
Sep 7, 2008

We are a couple, not a duo
Pls mr jouhuru we need win against man u tomorow. . .mr wenger pls play varmalin to make our defence strong tmrw. . .

iceberg sleaz
Apr 28, 2011

AAA
Why wouldn't varm play, has he got a knock?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

iceberg sleaz posted:

Why wouldn't varm play, has he got a knock?

He played in the reserves game against Man U.

(He has been ruled out for today though.)

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Eddmuzza on Twitter: "Nervous Man Utd fan here! Just get the feeling a poor refereeing decision will cost us three points and leave Chelsea smiling!"

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

c0burn posted:

Eddmuzza on Twitter: "Nervous Man Utd fan here! Just get the feeling a poor refereeing decision will cost us three points and leave Chelsea smiling!"

lol

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
That quote is even better after that Vidic handball, loving hell

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n_0H6oJii0

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
From redcafe regarding Cesc Fabregas (mostly the same poster responding to people disagreeing with Cesc going to Real loving Madrid):

quote:

I can't see Cesc joining another team in England, Madrid is a possibility, maybe, he could end up never leaving l'Arse, I think thats another possibility.

quote:

In fairness if the Barcelona youth set-up and Barcelona itself ment that much to him then why did he join Arsenal in the first place?

quote:

Transfers between Madrid and Barca have happened do you really think a player who was willing to leave in the first place wouldn't happily go to another club?

quote:

Does it really matter, as a young player at a club where he knew he would get chances he went of to Arsenal and Barca didn't get any transfer fee.
I can't believe you think a transfer is that off the cards on a player who left the club, signed a contract extension even though he knew Barca were interested.
Barcalona do not need him, they can't afford to spend a huge transfer fee on a position they already have world class cover. Fabregas will go anywhere he believes he can win trophies and can afford Arsenal demands IMO.

quote:

Has he ever said he wouldn't go Madrid or are you making an assumption based on the fact he played for there youth academy?
In football even if you were a massive fan, if the circumstances are right he will go where ever. Regardless of loyalties to other clubs.

quote:

Yeah, if Madridcame in for Fabregas he'd seriously think about it, without a doubt.

:ughh:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

I took Cesc to Real Madrid on Football Manager once so I guess all this "Barcelona DNA" don't mean poo poo :smug:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ninpo posted:

From redcafe regarding Cesc Fabregas (mostly the same poster responding to people disagreeing with Cesc going to Real loving Madrid):

Tbf I would love it if Mourinho trolled everyone by putting in a huge bid for Fabregas.

delicious beef
Feb 5, 2006

:allears::allears::allears::allears::allears::allears:
Why would you sign a worse, more expensive Ozil when you already have one in Kaka?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

delicious beef posted:

Why would you sign a worse, more expensive Ozil when you already have one in Kaka?

Because Real Madrid is to attacking midfielders as Manchester City is to defensive midfielders.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
LFC forums:

quote:

........... when Gerrard was looking likely to leave us for Chelsea i had a dream. In that dream i was walking down a street near where i live, talking to Stevie about him leaving us. He gave me all his reasns for thinking about it, but told me he wasn't going to leave.

Back to reality ............. he didn't leave.

When the Alonso saga was rumbling i had a dream that me and Xabi were chatting in a cinema. He explained all his reasons for wanting to leave, which i gracefully understood, and that he would leave in the summer.

Back to reality .............. he left.

The above is 100% true. I wanted to share this in the past, but thought it pointless - which it still is - however, last night i had a further dream and seeing as the other 2 were accurate (pure coincidence i know), i thought i'd share them all.

I was on a large boat on the calmest of sea's talking to my brother about something trivial. We were strolling along the deck when we stopped by 2 gentlemen. They were arguing over which of them would be joining Liverpool this summer. One of them was Arjen Robben and the other was Juan Mata (it didn't look anything like him, but in my dream it was him).

Sorry to post this dream nonesense, but its been in my head all day and i have resisted the temptation of posting it until now.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

He's not even the bloke who dreamt about Xabi Alonso scoring from his own half and then put £200 on it.

That was a far better likely fictional dream.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Concerned Citizen posted:

LFC forums:

i sent you that pm in confidence t:mad:>

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Concerned Citizen posted:

LFC forums:

well, at least aboutt the robben part i'll have to say dream on :smuggo:

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Ramsey is a oval office, too spinless and bitter to accept Ryan's apology. I hope he gets it so bad he's frightened off the pitch a la Commons and SWP

everyone take a twig in the ground and on exactly 10 minutes snap it in half

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/05/09/2479200/pele-manchester-uniteds-chicharito-could-be-the-new-lionel

Love Hernandez but loving hell. :wtc:

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
Holy poo poo someone shut Pele up ffs.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
I said this a few months ago

quote:

List of things Pele has said:-

Nick Barmby is as good as Zidane and Ronaldo.

"X team will win the World Cup". X team get knocked out in the group stages.

"X team will get knocked out of the group stages". X team win the World Cup.

(repeat)

In the words of Scolari, "If you want to win a title, you have to listen to Pele and then do the opposite".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Does he not realize that Hernandez is literally one year younger than Messi? Setting aside the fact that they're completely different players with completely different playstyles, how can you be the new Messi if you're basically the same age? That's like saying that Ronaldo is the new Iniesta.

Now, the new Pippo Inzaghi I could get behind.