Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EURqVnWXHM&hd=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyn
Jan 9, 2005

Barn duelin' since '07

ragle posted:

It feels like every day of the show includes Robin making several unfunny jokes building on what other people in the studio are saying and they all just ignore her and talk as if she isn't there. Or Howard gives her a pity acknowledgement and continues on. She's dumb and broken and bad at her job.

I cringe every time Robin tries to make an impression of someone. It's always so terrible and unfunny. She tries to jump in when other people in the studio are doing it, whether they are imitating Ronnie or JFK or whomever. She just NEEDS to be involved in it somehow but she just ends up embarrassing herself.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

ragle posted:

She's dumb and broken and bad at her job.

Agree, agree, disagree.

I think that the "dumb and broken" part is what makes her a good audience surrogate. Which is her primary function on the show.

Holy poo poo, one of the best Gilbert appearances EVER. He like, actually talked about his life a little bit. Hearing that laugh live in the studio is one of my great pleasures in life.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Squashy Nipples posted:

Agree, agree, disagree.

I think that the "dumb and broken" part is what makes her a good audience surrogate. Which is her primary function on the show.

When I think of a dumb and broken stereotypical listener I think Sal.

Edit, well yeah, I meant on the staff. I'd think more along the lines of rear end Napkin Ed for a typical listener.

Spacemonkey57 fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 26, 2011

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

chiz posted:

thats really no excuse though, there are plenty of people who have suffered abuse at a young age that either go to therapy which she can easily afford, and work out their feelings, or people who pull themselves up by the bootstraps and behave like adults.

Robin is a retarded person.

Those other people are hosed up too. they are just not on the radio

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Spacemonkey57 posted:

When I think of a dumb and broken stereotypical listener I think Sal.

Sal has a job, a good looking wife and cute kids. Sure they all hate him but...

Joey Boots to me is the stereotypical listener.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Gilbert was on fire tofay, great interview.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Guess what tomorrow's show will be about for the first hour?

http://hosted2.ap.org/CAVAN/d62c70829a374641b2d87c660f09dda0/Article_2011-04-26-Obit-Phoebe%20Snow/id-7f95adc140c84fafbe5947657c932543

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
They talked about it at the very end of the show during Robin's news. Hopefully they got that poison out of their systems.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

Therapy doesn't bat remotely close to 1.000 and the ability to trudge on with life usually means people ignore the problem at hand and try to bury it.

Look, sometimes Humpty Dumpty breaks and can never be pieced back together. Or maybe Robin was broken from day 1, who knows. All that is clear is that she has not led a normal life and that can lead to odd expressions. I'm not condoning anything she says or does, I'm usually vehemently opposed to any idea of hers, all I'm saying is that I can see where this stuff is probably coming from and why she is doing it.

I think Robin should serve as a lesson: if you have problems, go to therapy so you don't waste your life. There's a ton of difference between being a 65-year old rape survivor that has moved on with their life and made the best of a bad situation and a 65-year old balding lunatic who has a lot of money, a lot of time, and nothing to fill it with.

godzirraRAWR
Sep 11, 2003

godzirra will trample your scrotum
Did gilbert talk about the Aflac stuff at all?

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

godzirraRAWR posted:

Did gilbert talk about the Aflac stuff at all?

Pretty extensively (for Gilbert) which is what made it interesting, he actually gave honest answers to Howard's questions.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

I don't think I'll ever get the Robin hate, I think most of it is just misogyny.

No, the Beth hate is misogyny. The Robin hate is completely justified.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
Pretty funny how howard couldn't understand what ronnies girl was after. I guess he doesn't understand how it works with guys like ronnie and 20 something broken girls.

Ronnie came really close outright saying he blows tons of cash on her.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
drat I gotta get me some HowardTV to see the rest of this. First time I've ever actually thought "I MUST have HowardTV!" Can I get it for 1 month? If it is 9.95 and this video is 15 minutes or longer it might be worth it just to subscribe, watch this video, then cancel.

Robin is off her rocker insane. She makes me want to go to therapy so if just in case I am nuts and don't know it I will have time to get the ship righted before I'm 70 years old face down in some Bolivian mud shoving Little Debbie cakes up my browneye

qbert posted:

No, the Beth hate is misogyny. The Robin hate is completely justified.
This is how I feel. I think some of the things people project on Beth based on the tiny amount of information we actually have about the type of person she is is insane.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Ahahahaha, the discussion of Robin the Crazy and her trip to Peru was funny enough, but that HowardTV clip is fantastic.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I mean seriously, it really is a bunch of cookies and Mike and Ike's rolled up in an old newspaper then rubbed on her titties and feet. I totally thought Howard was lying but he was 100% accurate. I just flat out must see more.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP
Holy gently caress this might be the most insane thing Robin has ever done. She gets cookies and candy rubbed all over her body then takes drugs that make her hallucinate, piss, poo poo and puke? Wow

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Streebs posted:

Holy gently caress this might be the most insane thing Robin has ever done. She gets cookies and candy rubbed all over her body then takes drugs that make her hallucinate, piss, poo poo and puke? Wow

It's not a drug it came from a plant.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Howard's just destroying her all morning and her only defense is to laugh. Yikes.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Hey at least it wasn't pasteurized

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

"So you just want me to be like everyone else?"

What a world view.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Ribsauce posted:

This is how I feel. I think some of the things people project on Beth based on the tiny amount of information we actually have about the type of person she is is insane.

The fact that she dedicates a ton of time and money to what basically amounts to a fraudulent charity is enough for me to not be a big fan of hers.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
So what's the deal with Robin being rubbed down with cookies and the Greek Orthodox diet she's now on?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Glumwheels posted:

So what's the deal with Robin being rubbed down with cookies and the Greek Orthodox diet she's now on?

Listen to the first hour of today's show, they talk all about her trip. Then check back later for when Gilbert comes in, it's a really good interview.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Crotch Bat posted:

Listen to the first hour of today's show, they talk all about her trip. Then check back later for when Gilbert comes in, it's a really good interview.

I'm trying to listen but the motherfucking Sirius app keeps telling me "I'm logged in elsewhere" and crashes.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

-Atom- posted:

It's not a drug it came from a plant.

I bet it wasn't even an organic plant.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Joe Don Baker posted:

I was just going to say that.

haha oh man

Just got home from work and I needed that :)

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Crotch Bat posted:

Howard's just destroying her all morning and her only defense is to laugh. Yikes.

That's a really crazy defense mechanism. I mean I guess it gets her through but how much rage must she bottle up.

I can't stand her but I also feel a little bit bad for her. Not too much though, I mean the bitch makes tons of money. For parroting Howard and fake laughing for sixteen hours a week. OH and reading Yahoo.com news stories.

haha, Robin reacting to Robinswrong.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCNAxFOAb98&NR=1

edit 2, holy gently caress what a loving baby

you have to listen to this...Robin can take NO criticism at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtxG8TvF-eg&NR=1

chiz fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Apr 27, 2011

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Glumwheels posted:

I'm trying to listen but the motherfucking Sirius app keeps telling me "I'm logged in elsewhere" and crashes.

This was happening to me all last week! The other thing I get is that the data stream has been lost. Annoying.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Kelly posted:

This was happening to me all last week! The other thing I get is that the data stream has been lost. Annoying.

Oh yeah I get that a lot too. Oh well I didn't want to really listen anyway :mad:

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Glumwheels posted:

Oh yeah I get that a lot too. Oh well I didn't want to really listen anyway :mad:

The data stream being lost is new since they updated the app. It never happened that I can recall under the old app. Now, it happens at least twice a day.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Kelly posted:

The data stream being lost is new since they updated the app. It never happened that I can recall under the old app. Now, it happens at least twice a day.

They probably have the same idiots who can't figure out how to merge sirius and xm accounts working on the app. The level of incompetence at that company is astounding.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Kelly posted:

That's weird because I have had zero problems with the updated app (iPhone) in regard to being signed off (hell, I rarely even drop connection and it will just drop the stream quality and continue playing).

Are you only talking about the iPhone app? If you are talking about the web stream via sirius.com, gently caress that poo poo. Go download XMTuner, it's been solid for me when I am home/not using 3g to stream.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Mr Hands Colon posted:

That's weird because I have had zero problems with the updated app (iPhone) in regard to being signed off (hell, I rarely even drop connection and it will just drop the stream quality and continue playing).

Are you only talking about the iPhone app? If you are talking about the web stream via sirius.com, gently caress that poo poo. Go download XMTuner, it's been solid for me when I am home/not using 3g to stream.

I was talking about the iPhone app. I haven't used sirius.com in I don't know how long.

With the old app, I would have problems every now and again, but with the new one, it seriously happens multiple times a time. I have an iPhone 4 with the most recent iOS and everything.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
It's boring interview day on Howard Stern.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

"Is he a Navajo Indian?"

Holy poo poo that made me laugh so hard along with Howard.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Why was Gilbert spitting all over everything?

edit - Does Howard normally pronounce "sabotage" like Shatner does?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

FogHelmut posted:

edit - Does Howard normally pronounce "sabotage" like Shatner does?

Yes, as a reference to the Shatner tape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Kim Cattrall, Kara DioGuard and Beth in the studio today....

Wow. There is nothing more to say about that.