Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

So I noticed that WMX and the Weapon Animation Replacer mods overwrite a lot of the same files. I'm going to assume this means they're not compatible, then? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Cardboard Box posted:

So I noticed that WMX and the Weapon Animation Replacer mods overwrite a lot of the same files. I'm going to assume this means they're not compatible, then? :(

Let WAR overwrite WMX; I've never experienced any problems with using both, and I think they use the same animations anyway. I believe WAR uses better animations, though.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Alright, thanks for the tip.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Could use a little help here, just a little, when I download the New Vegas Bountie mod and extract the folder into my Fallout: NV data folder and go to enable it, nothing comes up for me to enable. Any suggestions?

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Does your folder look like

Data->Textures/Meshes/NVB.esp

Or

Data->New Vegas Bounties->Textures/Meshes/whatever

It should be the first one, with the textures and ESP directly on the Data folder.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I'm thinking about making a mod though I haven't made one before in f3/nv but I want to make a mod so you can use Hokuto Shinken from Fist of the North Star. I think I know how to do it but I'm not sure how easy it is access some of the stuff necessary. The basic stuff like perks unlocking and giving you the different abilities are easy enough but some of the things I'd like to do might be outside the realm of the geck.

I would like to set it up so an unarmed weapon can attack multiple times per button press or be fully automatic like a machine gun but that doesn't seem possible from what I can see. Though I can work around this doing some other things it would work best if I could do that. I'm sure you guys have a lot better idea of how to bend the geck to do what you want and this might be all for nothing but I think it can work.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
GECK has been updated for patch 1.3. http://download.zenimax.com/fallout/nv/geck/GECK_NVE_v1.3.zip

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SheepNameKiller posted:

Actually, this mod is so new that I haven't tried it yet but it looks like it fixes a lot of the problems present in other ports. If you're going to try something, try this.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41480

quote:

============================================
Requirements
============================================
You must have......
1)Fallout 3 installed
2)Fallout New Vegas Installed
3)Fallout Mod Manager (FOMM)
4)20 gb Spare memory

:stare:

Is that a typo? 20 gb of RAM?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

He probably means space. A lot of people use memory and HD space interchangeably.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

randombattle posted:

I'm thinking about making a mod though I haven't made one before in f3/nv but I want to make a mod so you can use Hokuto Shinken from Fist of the North Star. I think I know how to do it but I'm not sure how easy it is access some of the stuff necessary. The basic stuff like perks unlocking and giving you the different abilities are easy enough but some of the things I'd like to do might be outside the realm of the geck.

I would like to set it up so an unarmed weapon can attack multiple times per button press or be fully automatic like a machine gun but that doesn't seem possible from what I can see. Though I can work around this doing some other things it would work best if I could do that. I'm sure you guys have a lot better idea of how to bend the geck to do what you want and this might be all for nothing but I think it can work.
You'd need to set the weapon as Automatic and make it use an AttackSpin/AttackSpin2 attack animation, then since there's no existing one instead convert one. It's fairly easy to do the basics, but getting things to look right is a bit of a faff.

If you extract the meshes\characters\_male and _1stperson directories from the .BSAs, you'd want to find the Ripper anim 1hmattackSpin.kf and a random hand-to-hand attack (e.g. h2hattackleft_a.kf). Then open them both in NifSkope, find the Text Keys in the tree, and copy the Ripper's text keys to the unarmed attack. Then click on the Controller and change the name to AttackSpin to match the Ripper's, put your new animation in the appropriate places in your NV folders, problem solved.

The downside is of course the two animations are completely different lengths and the various events occur at completely different times- so you need to play around with the timings on the text keys to ensure it doesn't cut out halfway through a punch, and so that the loop isn't too jerky. There's a crude example here: Link.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Chinaman7000 posted:

Does your folder look like...

Thanks, man. That fixed everything right as rain.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah I'm assuming that means hard drive space. Even my hypothetical space computer that only exists in the form of links to parts ordering pages online would only be able to hold 24 GB of RAM tops, and that's about 20 gigs of overkill for 99% of games. I don't think the engine NV uses is even capable of claiming more than 2GB of memory without modifying the .exe header.

ElProducto
Oct 9, 2001
if you want to live low, live low
Anyone not able to load after the patch and nvse update? I played last night but it crashed and now I just get infinite load times when trying to load any save. Auto, quick, standard, nothing works. Anybody else? I'm going nuts.

I can load a new game, just not my god drat saves. Am I just boned?

ElProducto fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Apr 27, 2011

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

ElProducto posted:

Anyone not able to load after the patch and nvse update? I played last night but it crashed and now I just get infinite load times when trying to load any save. Auto, quick, standard, nothing works. Anybody else? I'm going nuts.

I can load a new game, just not my god drat saves. Am I just boned?
Typically because of the way NVSE operates you need to wait until they've updated it for the newer version of F:NV.

ElProducto
Oct 9, 2001
if you want to live low, live low
Well they have, it should work. For anyone else who has this problem, I did finally fix it. I had to reload a REEEEEEALLY old save. I had a varmint rifle pointed at some bottles, that loving old. Then from there I could load my more recent games. Odd, but it worked.

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010
Does anyone know of a mod to allow Rad-X and/or radiation suits to block low levels of radiation completely? Like radiation DT instead of DR. All I could find on Nexus was some transparent helmet mod (cute, but it's wrong).

BrainGlitch
Jan 14, 2007

Good sir, you can't pay me enough to go to France while our countries are at war!

Positronic Spleen posted:

(cute, but it's wrong).

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

RBA Starblade posted:

Has anyone tried this yet? I want to but I don't want to be the guinea pig.

myname_isdoug
Jul 9, 2003

i can and i can not

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

How are people enjoying the Monster Mod?

I'm probably alone in this, but I really hate that so many FO3/NV mods are just assets lifted from the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games, which is why I will never use this mod.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

myname_isdoug posted:

I'm probably alone in this, but I really hate that so many FO3/NV mods are just assets lifted from the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games, which is why I will never use this mod.

There's a large amount of STALKER mutants in the monster mod since those were among the first works done by the mod author but there's also a jawdropping amount of custom stuff in there. The balance on creature HP and damage needs tweaking but the art assets and monster variety is slowly pulling ahead of where MMM for Fallout 3 left off and is absolutely of a higher quality than the VVV monster mod.

It seems like updates for Monster Mod have settled down so I guess I'll start on that rebalancing patch tonight. I'm already planning on toning down the ants but if anyone else has any other suggestions as to which mobs need their stats adjusted then please feel free to throw them out there.

SheepNameKiller fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 27, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

myname_isdoug posted:

Most "original" content is actually lifted from Unreal Engine games, GSC games, or Source engine games/mods. True story. There's very little original art assets in the modding scene.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Naky posted:

Most "original" content is actually lifted from Unreal Engine games, GSC games, or Source engine games/mods. True story. There's very little original art assets in the modding scene.

Thats not true at all.

Just all the original stuff is making GBS threads nippledicks and jiggle physics.

But on an actual mod note I'm trying to come up with a way for unarmed combat to be a little fairer at the very low levels but I can't think of a good way that won't cascade upwards to the higher levels. All the dr/dt just ends up being too good later on especially ontop of armor and what not.

Oh and thanks for that idea about using the ripper I hadnt even thought of that.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007

SheepNameKiller posted:

There's a large amount of STALKER mutants in the monster mod since those were among the first works done by the mod author but there's also a jawdropping amount of custom stuff in there. The balance on creature HP and damage needs tweaking but the art assets and monster variety is slowly pulling ahead of where MMM for Fallout 3 left off and is absolutely of a higher quality than the VVV monster mod.

It seems like updates for Monster Mod have settled down so I guess I'll start on that rebalancing patch tonight. I'm already planning on toning down the ants but if anyone else has any other suggestions as to which mobs need their stats adjusted then please feel free to throw them out there.

I looked through their HP values and a few of them are kind of ludicrous. The Cave Mutant was one I toned down, I remember specifically. A few of the ghoul derivative ones I think had some 300+ hp as well. The tarantula, the antchula, and the larvae (I renamed it to larva) really need a HP reduction. I couldn't figure out which one of the ants were the reskinned ones with the retarded amount of health though. I like the STALKER monsters myself, because it's kind of humorous to me. I know next to nothing about GECK that doesn't involve ammunition, so I don't know if the bloodsuckers go invisible like they do originally, but there should theoretically be a way to make them, much like the Nightkin do.

Crawlius
Apr 28, 2011
Woo. Thanks for listing my mod up here. I've been referencing the thread a lot, so I figured I should pay up. There's a new version of CRL9K, if anyone honestly gives a poo poo about SFX.

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

What about the children foo'?
So seriously, STILL no molerat boobs?

CrunchyTaco
Dec 25, 2007

Mister Bung posted:

Don't rush a masterpiece man.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Mister Bung posted:

Molerat boobs came and went. They reached #2 on the Nexus before being removed.

Pretty sure Naky made them, click the question mark under one of his posts and you should be able to find a screenshot.

alfredthehobo
Apr 1, 2004
I'm sorry for being fat and stupid. Padams took pity on me.
Has anyone noticed their mouse control being a little "off" since the update? I check the .ini and the script from the OP is still in there. I haven't changed any settings in windows either...maybe I am just going crazy.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

I dunno about mouse control but apparently multithreading was fixed in the update, causing crashes for people who have downloaded the d3d9.dll and who have tweaked the iNumHWThreads in their .ini file. How that would affect mouse lag is beyond me though.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

SheepNameKiller posted:

I dunno about mouse control but apparently multithreading was fixed in the update, causing crashes for people who have downloaded the d3d9.dll and who have tweaked the iNumHWThreads in their .ini file. How that would affect mouse lag is beyond me though.

I had tweaked iNumHWThreads, but the latest update got rid of it. When I check a dead body, the first item in their list has to be clicked several times in order for me to get it. The game crashed on me while I was doing it one time. It is also minimizing to the desktop at random again.

The Sweetling
May 13, 2005

BOOMSHAKALAKA
Fun Shoe
Is Project Nevada worth snatching up in it's current, unfinished state? It looks pretty neat, and FWE was great, but it's been in development longer than I've been alive.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jan 26, 2021

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

The Sweetling posted:

Is Project Nevada worth snatching up in it's current, unfinished state? It looks pretty neat, and FWE was great, but it's been in development longer than I've been alive.

Project Nevada is modular and the portions of it that have been released are totally finished. There are an additional two modules that are going to be released for it (rebalance, equipment) but the release of those two modules are in no way going to "fine tune" the existing two modules, so there's no reason why you should think anything that they've released is unfinished at this point. The two modules they've already released are arguably the most polished mods released since the launch of New Vegas.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Crawlius posted:

Woo. Thanks for listing my mod up here. I've been referencing the thread a lot, so I figured I should pay up. There's a new version of CRL9K, if anyone honestly gives a poo poo about SFX.

Hey, welcome to the thread, Crawlius. I like your work.

Mister Bung posted:

Like Woebin said, it came and went...but not before getting those idiots at the F3Underground all asshurt over nothing.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Like Woebin said, it came and went...but not before getting those idiots at the F3Underground all asshurt over nothing.

This is awesome. Never saw this thread when I released it. Imagine their outrage when The Armory becomes into awareness though I'd kill to see how many denounce it and then use it anyway.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Naky posted:

This is awesome. Never saw this thread when I released it. Imagine their outrage when The Armory becomes into awareness though I'd kill to see how many denounce it and then use it anyway.

Hey, some of them do defend the right for people to boob up their mole rats. They seem to think it's serious.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Molerat boobies: serious business.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

:downs: posted:

It's an interesting mod, but I didn't download it because it isn't anatomically correct. There should be two rows of tits down its entire underside that range in size. Two in the front of the body like that is just ridiculous.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
^^^^^
Haha, what the hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

They're somehow worse than the Nexus (all the arrogance perhaps), and I'm not a grammar/spelling Nazi but their mistakes make it so they're actually saying different things than they presumably mean to say.