Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

chiz posted:

edit 2, holy gently caress what a loving baby

you have to listen to this...Robin can take NO criticism at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtxG8TvF-eg&NR=1

I love that clip, the "I'm a miserable oval office" not being a common drop is a travesty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Kelly posted:

I was talking about the iPhone app. I haven't used sirius.com in I don't know how long.

With the old app, I would have problems every now and again, but with the new one, it seriously happens multiple times a time. I have an iPhone 4 with the most recent iOS and everything.

Yeah same to everything. The "lost data connection" happens routinely but the other issue about being logged in elsewhere just started happening yesterday.

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Kim Cattrall, Kara DioGuard and Beth in the studio today....

Wow. There is nothing more to say about that.

I actually was interested in both Kim Cattral and Kara DioGuardi. I couldn't care less about Beth, though.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

FogHelmut posted:

Why was Gilbert spitting all over everything?

When he was on last November it was Cupcake Wednesday and he took a bunch of cupcakes apart and spit inside them. Gilbert is hilariously juvenile but if I ate one of those cupcakes I would have to kill him.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Glumwheels posted:

I actually was interested in both Kim Cattral and Kara DioGuardi. I couldn't care less about Beth, though.

Same here, well at least with Kara. Really highlights how great of an interviewer Howard is. Got all sorts of things out about her life as a songwriter which is pretty interesting.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP
Haha I love Ronnie in the background of that picture. He looks like he's about to murder Gilbert

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Beth never legally changed her last name to Stern. Hahahahaha

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Beth never legally changed her last name to Stern. Hahahahaha

That's pretty normal. When I got married, the documentation my wife received strongly encouraged her to merely 'assume' my last name rather than changing it legally.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Yeah, legally changing your name is not easy; it's much simpler to just use whatever name you want.

In California, you can choose whatever name you want on your drivers license, making it essentially a second kind of "legal name".

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

"he looks like a jack in the box employee" hahaha

Hey I give him credit. Dude got to feel the 34Gs.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I loving love that Robin tries to pretend she's doing investigative work as to the health benefits of beads behind your ears or a cookies and Good & Plenty rubdown from a pizza delivery guy.

Many consumers in America thank you Robin for your due diligence! Our choices for quack medicine are vast, we appreciate you helping weed out the phonies.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yeah, legally changing your name is not easy; it's much simpler to just use whatever name you want.

In California, you can choose whatever name you want on your drivers license, making it essentially a second kind of "legal name".

It's insanely easy to change your name when marriage or divorce is involved. And in most states (in the northeast I know this for sure) you can't just put a name on your license. It's got to be your legal name.

When you get married and sign the marriage license, the petition to change your name can be done with it.

I've been married with a name change>divorced with a name change>remarried with another name change.

I know of what I speak! :) My husband is a federal agent and when they were doing his background check, they were like, "Uh, Kelly why have you had three different last names in seven years?"

They knew, they were just making sure I knew, to catch me in a lie if there was one to be had.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Im not sure if this is news but Howard said they're going to do the modified schedule starting next month. Sounds like every other week is a 3-day week.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
It sounds to me like Robin is having the time of her life. I wonder if this means she has given up the green drinks and is taking on a more mainstream diet.

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh

pkd88 posted:

It sounds to me like Robin is having the time of her life. I wonder if this means she has given up the green drinks and is taking on a more mainstream diet.

Thats the most horrible speculation I've ever heard. Give up Green drink?? Eat FOOD?? Count calories and exercise?

Yeah, then she'll end up looking like poo poo like Richard. Everyone knows how awful he looks and how useless his diet and exercise was.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Kim Cattrall, Kara DioGuard and Beth in the studio today....

Wow. There is nothing more to say about that.

Hmmm I was wondering if there was any reason I needed to listen to the show today and welp

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Smeep posted:

Hmmm I was wondering if there was any reason I needed to listen to the show today and welp

Today was actually a pretty good, interesting show.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

scapulataf posted:

Thats the most horrible speculation I've ever heard. Give up Green drink?? Eat FOOD?? Count calories and exercise?

Yeah, then she'll end up looking like poo poo like Richard. Everyone knows how awful he looks and how useless his diet and exercise was.

As ridiculous as it sounds being inspired by a hillbilly on Howard, I did the app calorie counter thing like Richard did after I started gaining a few extra pounds. Worked great so far.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

pkd88 posted:

It blows my mind that we have a Robin apologist here.

Godinster posted:

As ridiculous as it sounds being inspired by a hillbilly on Howard, I did the app calorie counter thing like Richard did after I started gaining a few extra pounds. Worked great so far.

Which app is that?

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Joe Don Baker posted:

It blows my mind that we have a Robin apologist here.

I don't see an apology there. Do you know what the word means?

I wonder what the gently caress is going on in your head. You are so into bashing Robin that your mental problems are coming out, not just hers.

Quite honestly I don't think you have the capacity to have your mind blown. I have this add on and it includes adding a note on poster feature. A few weeks ago you were being your usual stupid self and I wrote "what a dumb gently caress" as your note.

Now every time you post, that note is just further confirmed.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

pkd88 posted:

I wonder what the gently caress is going on in your head. You are so into bashing Robin that your mental problems are coming out, not just hers.

Quite honestly I don't think you have the capacity to have your mind blown. I have this add on and it includes adding a note on poster feature. A few weeks ago you were being your usual stupid self and I wrote "what a dumb gently caress" as your note.

Oh man, you got him!

How can he face his family now and tell them this? How?

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Godinster posted:

That app is excellent and a great option for those trying to lose weight

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

chiz posted:

Oh man, you got him!

How can he face his family now and tell them this? How?

It blows my mind that we have a Joe Don Baker apologist here.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

pkd88 posted:

It blows my mind that we have a Joe Don Baker apologist here.

Please play nice, friend. You like to pick an unpopular opinion and argue it and that's not what the Howard Stern Show is about!!!

Joe Don Baker posted:

Which app is that?

Lose It - it works pretty well if you are disciplined in using it.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

pkd88 posted:

I don't think you know what apologist means

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

pkd88 posted:

This is great.

Do you have any notes on Mad Doctor?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

-Atom- posted:

This is great.

Do you have any notes on Mad Doctor?

Is talking about adding a "note" about a poster the Web 2.0 version of announcing that you are going to put someone on ignore?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

pkd88 posted:

added to pkd88.txt

If you browse my posting history in Stern threads you will see that I have ALWAYS given Robin credit when it is due.

Please tell me why is not worthy of bashing:

-Getting your blood cleaned every week
-Wearing magnets behind your ears
-Drinking GREEN DRINK
-Pouring coffee down your rear end every week
-Flying to Peru, tripping out on drugs (but it's not really drugs), having stuff smeared all over your body, farting, making GBS threads, puking
-Dropping thousands of dollars on a surgery for an old cat
-Having insane and completely retarded beliefs about food (REAL FOOD DOESN'T HAVE INGREDIENTS)
-Many many more things over the years

Also please post the notes you have on me. I gotta read them.

Kelly posted:

Is talking about adding a "note" about a poster the Web 2.0 version of announcing that you are going to put someone on ignore?

SALR has a function that lets you add notes to users.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Apr 28, 2011

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Kelly posted:

Lose It - it works pretty well if you are disciplined in using it.

Yes! It's actually quite helpful. It's like forced accountability in a way, and it makes you think twice about snacking, because who wants to sit and try to figure out how many calories are in half a cupcake or ten chips or whatever.

I mean obviously it would be ideal if I could manage not to stuff my gob without the help of an iPhone app, but that's clearly not going to happen.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Joe Don Baker posted:

SALR has a function that lets you add notes to users.

I think once you get this serious about other forum users you need to take a step back and re-evaluate how you spend your time.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

MrMidnight posted:

I think once you get this serious about other forum users you need to take a step back and re-evaluate how you spend your time.

Well I know what I'm going to write down about you in my notes.

USMC_Karl
Nov 17, 2003

SUPPORTER OF THE REINSTATED LAWFUL HAWAIIAN GOVERNMENT. HAOLES GET OFF DA `AINA.

Joe Don Baker posted:

added to pkd88.txt

-Dropping thousands of dollars on a surgery for an old cat

I agree with everything you said but this. I can't be the only one that has a problem with this? Am I seriously the only pet owner/that crazy of a pet owner that I understand this? I have had dogs my whole life, and if something happened to my dog I would not hesitate to spend all the money I have to save their lives.

I don't want to start an argument or anything, just curious. I think people who don't own pets/aren't solely responsible for a pet just can't understand how much of an attachment you get. Not to sound like a nut, but I equate my dog to my brother or son.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

USMC_Karl posted:

I agree with everything you said but this. I can't be the only one that has a problem with this? Am I seriously the only pet owner/that crazy of a pet owner that I understand this? I have had dogs my whole life, and if something happened to my dog I would not hesitate to spend all the money I have to save their lives.

Yeah if she has the money (she does) and the will to do it, why not?

She literally only has those cats as companions as far as we know. Which I'm sure isn't true, but after Florintine I would keep that hush-hush as well.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

USMC_Karl posted:

I don't want to start an argument or anything, just curious. I think people who don't own pets/aren't solely responsible for a pet just can't understand how much of an attachment you get. Not to sound like a nut, but I equate my dog to my brother or son.

I actually do understand. I own a African Grey parrot that I've had since it was a hatchling, so it's about 15 years old. I'm pretty attached to the guy and I'd be devastated if something happened to him. I actually have nightmares from a previous bird I had that accidentally died. At the same time it's only an animal. I make sure it's safe and healthy, but when its time comes, it comes.

The whole thing really just goes back to her crazy cat lady self.

-Atom- posted:

Yeah if she has the money (she does) and the will to do it, why not?

She literally only has those cats as companions as far as we know. Which I'm sure isn't true, but after Florintine I would keep that hush-hush as well.

That's probably correct. On one of the recent vacations, she didn't go anywhere in order to take care of the cat. Understandable, but it's not like she has assistants or other people she could hire to do it.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

USMC_Karl posted:

I might also sound crazy, but I have two cats that are very much a part of my life and I would do whatever was within my financial boundaries to take care of them. Robin's boundaries are limitless, so she can do whatever is medically available to her pets.

I don't really see anything wrong with this either.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Joe Don Baker posted:

This is really the only thing that makes her an unlikable human being to me. The other stuff is mostly just vain poo poo celebrities do, but they're just hobbies. Crazy, stupid hobbies that are pretty self contained. I can ignore my friends' lovely, stupid hobbies and still cherish them as human beings.

Expertly summing up a wealth of poo poo about her awful personality with just "34", there are two particular things unique to her 34 that just make my blood boil. No matter how awesome someone could possibly be in every conceivable aera, I would not be able to tolerate a person who:

-Doesn't know their own assistant's name after a loving year or something
-Laughs hysterically after literally every single sentence that comes out of their mouth or any time something is said to them, about them-- be it positive, negative or neutral

That first one REALLY bugs the loving poo poo out of me.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

MrMidnight posted:

Yea and what do you do for a living sir?

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Kelly posted:

I might also sound crazy, but I have two cats that are very much a part of my life and I would do whatever was within my financial boundaries to take care of them. Robin's boundaries are limitless, so she can do whatever is medically available to her pets.

I don't really see anything wrong with this either.

Thirding this. My last boxer needed a pacemaker when he was only 6 yrs old, which extended his life by another 5 years. Was it worth it? Absolutely.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

MrMidnight posted:

Listen, let me talk. I'm a forum moderator and that sounds insane to me.

Ribsauce posted:

Yea and what do you do for a living sir?
What forum do you moderate sir.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

AxeManiac posted:

Listen, let me talk. I'm a forum moderator and that sounds insane to me.

You know what a goon is right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

chiz posted:

You know what a goon is right?

I kind of picture everyone as High Pitch Eric until proven otherwise.