Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Sniep posted:

cats

leo looks fuckin crazy in this pic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Trig Discipline posted:

leo looks fuckin crazy in this pic

he is batshit insane and 1 step away from becoming cat soup

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Sniep posted:

he is batshit insane and 1 step away from becoming cat soup
:ohdear:

is mr cat not teaching the ways of being fat and chill?

z0ratio sexhaver
Mar 10, 2011

rotor posted:

mr cat has inspired me to take a nap of my own

well, that's what old people do... they fall asleep.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

man nothing slows down a teen cat not even a super chills mr. cat dad

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

mr. cat is doing an awesome job at coping, better than i am

he at least deals with it. I sometimes have to throw the bugger out and close the door, an option he does not have

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
idk about mr cat but cheeser was a loving maniac as a youngster and is now the chillest fatcat ever

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Trig Discipline posted:

idk about mr cat but cheeser was a loving maniac as a youngster and is now the chillest fatcat ever

mr. cat was a scared mankitten when i got him after being abused and ditched on the streets finding his way back home only to be kicked out again

do you not know the mr. cat story?

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Sniep posted:

mr. cat was a scared mankitten when i got him after being abused and ditched on the streets finding his way back home only to be kicked out again

Tell it again for all the youngsters :allears:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sniep posted:

i guess i didn't

poor kitty :smith: but at least he's got a kickass home and a cool lil buddy now :unsmith:

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

HKR posted:

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008

HKR posted:

please do. love 2 read + think about mr cat

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sniep posted:

oh my god what no :smith:

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
ok

Mr. Cat was first adopted out of his litter to a teacher as a classroom pet, where he spent his first year living in the classroom alone at night and then being harassed by children during the day. It was 2nd or 3rd grade I think?

Then there was a principal swap at the elementary school and the new principal banned any classroom pets (explicitly because of mr. cat and not wanting any lawsuits about a kid getting scratched or having allergies)

The teacher in her infinite wisdom just drove him to the opposite side of Albuquerque (I was living about an hour outside of ABQ at the time) and just dumped him off that summer, several miles away from the school outdoors like "good luck pal you'll need it"

6 months later Mr. Cat returned up mewing at the doorstep of the school and a student brought him in. The teacher saw him. Then she took him to a shelter that time where I was living in the Jemez Springs (an hour outside of ABQ) in a canyon. Again dumping him but it was a no-kill shelter. (However they did declaw him which I will never forgive them for.)

I was living with my dad at the time nearly a decade ago out there and I was the first/only person at the shelter who he would let give him food. He wouldn't eat. I started feeding him, then making trails out of the closet underneath a set of stairs where he was curled up in the far back of unreachable, until he started coming out and then it was instant bonding and he picked me as his lover forever.

The end.

The preceding story is 100% true.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

holy :unsmith:

e: also jemez springs is pretty

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sniep posted:

the mr cat story

d'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
sniep you are good people

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yaaaaay mr cat

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
the best catte story :unsmith:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i just read that whole post to wifu and she got all sniffly and said ur the best cat dad ever

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

Shaggar posted:

yaaaaay mr cat

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
mr cat owns sniep owns

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

hey sniep, that owns, you own

Aw fuck.
Jun 30, 2007

Using Ubuntu
is awesome
Here's my catte Cosmo that died two years ago. Sad catte story incoming sorry

We got him when I was 6. My aunt found him under her deck and gave him to us. He immediately ran into our bathroom and hid under our sink for a full week. We would put food in a dish and put it near the entrance and closed the door for him. He came out and was fine for a few years, but then he got hit by a car and went kinda nuts. He recovered and everything but after that point he did not go near any people other than my brother, sister, mom, dad, and myself. He would vanish instantly under my parents' bed whenever a door opened and he heard an unrecognized voice.

Later on he would sleep exclusively in my bed and eventually on my pillow right next to my face every night. He was also diagnosed with anxiety or someshit and we had to give him cat prozac but he was too afraid of the pill to eat it no matter what we did. Then in September 08 I went to college in another state and he apparently was really sad and confused according to my mom. I came back home and transfered to an in-state school and then he started to get weird. He would throw up all the time and he was getting a lot thinner.

In January of 09 we hadn't seen him for a few days, but then he came out from the basement and he looked like absolute poo poo. I took him to the vet and they said he had stomach cancer and he had to be put down. This actually happened the day after I would have had to move back to my out of state school if I didn't transfer. Anyway I cried a lot that day and it really sucked rear end and he was the best cat and i miss him.

I got two new cats that summer and they are cool and fun but they don't sleep on my pillow.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Rescuin' strays is the best. My dad adopted a stray that the mechanics found hiding in the insides of his truck when he took it in for repairs. That little fatty owns the shop now, sittin in his wheely chair throne.

Have some farm kitten pics.

Fanged Lawn Wormy fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Apr 28, 2011

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

the best catte story :unsmith:

but... d8's story

the yos be fickle

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>
kitty reactor generates power for kyoto

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

kitten_pile.jpg

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

I said come in! posted:

kitten_pile.jpg

its how i go to sleep every night

and wake up scratching the eye-crust off to be able to see again

one gets used to it

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>
im glad im allergic to ragweed but not cats so i can just stay inside all day playing with cats, hyptotheticlay if i had one.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
no i mean he literally wants to sleep on my face, mr. cat.

kitten would rather be under the covers

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
mr "the facecrusha" cat

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012

Sniep posted:

Sniep posted:

look at dat fukken fat belly :xd:

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss
>:3

does mr cat even run anymore? he seems like he couldnt be bothered with dat poo poo

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!

Sniep posted:

ok

:words:

The preceding story is 100% true.

I'm not too sure, but from what I've been able to gather Mr Paws was a stray one of my neighbors found living behind a bar. She took him to a shelter but then took him home. Her mom had like 3 other indoor cattes, and she lost interest or something and he ended up just spending most of his time outdoors. Now, I think the plan was for another set of neighbors to adopt him but by this point I was feeding him pretty regularly and taking him in on cold nights. Also those other neighbors got a job driving trucks all over the drat country so I guess at that point he was officially mine. He's gotten loads bigger since I first met him, and those other neighbors did get him fixed, and at some point I think he spent time with yet another neighbor. I think the problem his previous psuedo-owners had is they wanted him to be an indoor catte, but god drat it he's such a free spirit that's just impossible. I've talked to several people around the neighborhood about how friendly he is. He even hangs out at the bus stop with people, and kids on their way to school.

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008
lol the spot on mr cats face makes his nose look really humanish for some reason. want that face too close to my face early in the mornin

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
someone compose the catte stories itt and put them in the op thank you.

also what is the d8 story

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
and not a cat but holy poo poo

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/14297081

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
it just occurred to me that at some point one of the guys in ZZ Top has probably woken up in the middle of the night to find his cat sleeping on his beard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
or purring and kneading it with half-closed eyes