Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Xguard86 posted:

assuming you are training under a qualified teacher already, ya sure knock yourself out. If you are using these as your only source of instruction, you're really wasting your time/money because you can't just watch and learn how to grapple.

Can anyone with wrestling and/or Judo experience do a writeup for basic takedowns from those sports? Nothing crazy, just a picture and brief explanation for say the 5 most common moves. I started doing it but my takedown/throw game is so basic I don't feel comfortable acting like an authority on anything past a single leg. I want to edit it into the first posts so we have a one stop shop for when people ask about hugfights. If you are busy and only want to do one or two moves, that's fine too, I'll edit them all together.

I'm on my cell so tough to type a lot. But you can grab all of that in about 3 minutes off of https://www.judoinfo.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
I started learning BJJ a couple weeks ago. It really seems like what we cover in class is just stuff the instructor decides on during the warmup. For instance, tonight we focused on escaping the omoplata when half the class (myself included) didn't know an omoplata from a cote de boeuf.

Does it just take a few months before the instructional part of class stops sailing over my head?

awkward_turtle
Oct 26, 2007
swimmer in a goon sea
A really basic write up of some standard wrestling takedowns. I obviously know folkstyle shooting stuff better than Greco or Freestyle, if anyone want to add anything be my guest.

Double: A shooting take down in which the offensive wrestler bends his lead leg to hange levels and penetrates under the opponent, capturing both legs at the knee and placing himself under the hips. To finish he will drive on the back leg and turn the opponent around his neck to take him to the mat. Countered with the sprawl.

High Single: A shooting take down either on it own, or off a failed double. The offensive wrestler takes control of the opponents lead leg above the knee and lifts it from the mat to his own chest. From here there are multiple finishes, with the most common being to “hike” the leg and turn to drop the opponent to the mat.

High Crotch: A shooting takedown in which the wrestler penetrates under the opponent to gain control of one leg and the hips. Diverse finishes based on opponent reaction, including switching to the Double and taking the back.

Inside Trip: A clinch takedown in which the wrestler wraps his opponents leg from the inside and drives toward the trapped leg.

Headlock: A clinch takedown in which the wrestler encircles the opponents neck and arm with his own arms, performs and cross step, pivots, and throws the opponent with his hips as a fulcrum.

Twisting Body Lock: A clinch takedown in which the wrestler achieves superior control over the opponents body, locks his hands, and lifts him from the mat and to the side to take him down.

Grab Your Foot!
Apr 24, 2007

The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Julio Cesar Fatass posted:

I started learning BJJ a couple weeks ago. It really seems like what we cover in class is just stuff the instructor decides on during the warmup. For instance, tonight we focused on escaping the omoplata when half the class (myself included) didn't know an omoplata from a cote de boeuf.

Does it just take a few months before the instructional part of class stops sailing over my head?

Depends, really. There's definitely a period everybody goes through when you first get into the sport where, particularly when rolling, you just don't know what the gently caress to do and it's easy to get frustrated or to feel that the setup isn't really fair to beginners because you're not sure how to avoid getting styled on. Try to avoid being too spastic to compensate and feel free to ask people what they're doing, after you're done rolling. It's hard at a gym for the instructor to go through everything in a particular order because you'll have new people coming in regularly and you can't just drop everything and start from square one with every new student.

After that a big gym will have a regular and advanced class or some division like that so you shouldn't be working on your inverted omoplata on day one. The escape to the omoplata is as important to know as the submission itself anyway and will be a lot more useful to you for a while.

A lot of gyms will have beginner classes to at least get your feet wet with the basics of the major positions and a couple submissions and escapes but like everything it takes time. Knowing moves or positions or submissions will get you going but eventually knowing how to move and what works in terms of control is what makes you really good at something. My armbar is solid and my triangle is really good once I'm in position but my guard positional control is rear end so nobody who knows what they're doing gives any shits about being in my guard. People far far better than me at jiu jitsu have told me that the stuff you learn on day one is the most important stuff you will ever learn, stuff like how to base out, how to bridge, how to shrimp, I'd be hosed if I didn't know how to base out but I'd probably be okay if I forgot how to do an armbar.

You get to a point where you know how to do something then you get to the point where you can do it quickly and then you get to the point where you're comfortable whipping it out and it starts to work. Then you work with better people and it's rear end so you go back and figure out what you're doing wrong and try again and eventually you get to the point where people have to avoid a particular position, forcing you to work on something else.

Eventually you can begin to do the right thing in a position even if you've never been there before because you know what's good for you and what's bad, and then you name your move something retarded and market it aggressively and hope you get sponsored by tapout.

What a long and terrible answer. Yeah, there's an adjustment period, but there will always be stuff that's new and everybody is there to learn stuff so ask for feedback, ask your instructor to be sure you do stuff right and be anal about everything because if you do something 80% correct when drilling when you roll you're lucky if you're half right.

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
I'm in the same beginning BJJ boat and so far 90% of my questions beginning with "how do I..." get answered with "joo use you heeps" so I've just started doing that first and asking questions after if it doesn't work. It usually works.

Case in point: we learned a couple of chokes grime side control today and set up a drill where starting from side control, the person on top had 3 minutes to submit or transition to mount and submit from there. The person on the bottom had to defend the submissions and escape side control.

"hey Joao how do I escape side control?"
"...turn joo heeps and escape"

It worked :v:

Also if it helps, once I got into a mindset of just concentrating on getting a positional advantage and not giving anything up in the process things started falling into place for me and I felt much more comfortable rolling and started to learn and understand more.

Smegmatron fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Apr 27, 2011

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

awkward_turtle posted:

A really basic write up of some standard wrestling takedowns. I obviously know folkstyle shooting stuff better than Greco or Freestyle, if anyone want to add anything be my guest.

Double: A shooting take down in which the offensive wrestler bends his lead leg to hange levels and penetrates under the opponent, capturing both legs at the knee and placing himself under the hips. To finish he will drive on the back leg and turn the opponent around his neck to take him to the mat. Countered with the sprawl.

High Single: A shooting take down either on it own, or off a failed double. The offensive wrestler takes control of the opponents lead leg above the knee and lifts it from the mat to his own chest. From here there are multiple finishes, with the most common being to “hike” the leg and turn to drop the opponent to the mat.

High Crotch: A shooting takedown in which the wrestler penetrates under the opponent to gain control of one leg and the hips. Diverse finishes based on opponent reaction, including switching to the Double and taking the back.

Inside Trip: A clinch takedown in which the wrestler wraps his opponents leg from the inside and drives toward the trapped leg.

Headlock: A clinch takedown in which the wrestler encircles the opponents neck and arm with his own arms, performs and cross step, pivots, and throws the opponent with his hips as a fulcrum.

Twisting Body Lock: A clinch takedown in which the wrestler achieves superior control over the opponents body, locks his hands, and lifts him from the mat and to the side to take him down.

Are arm drags considered takedowns/are they prevalent at high level? They are definitely one of my favorites. What about the shoulder throw? That's something you learn pretty early on in wrestling, do you not?

fawker
Feb 1, 2008

ARMBAR!

Drewjitsu posted:

Are arm drags considered takedowns/are they prevalent at high level? They are definitely one of my favorites. What about the shoulder throw? That's something you learn pretty early on in wrestling, do you not?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but Marcelo Garcia (widely considered to be top p4p grappler)has a really sneaky arm drag game.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
I saw a video of him doing an armdrag->single->back combo like ten times to different people it was pretty slick.

dokomoy
May 21, 2004
The armdrag itself isn't a takedown, but it's a great way to close the distance and set up your single/double/back attack/whatever.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.

dokomoy posted:

The armdrag itself isn't a takedown, but it's a great way to close the distance and set up your single/double/back attack/whatever.

Yup. Lots of takedowns off armdrags here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYKMJjzkQ14
I know I've posted it a million times but I'm gonna post it every time it's relevant

Grab Your Foot!
Apr 24, 2007

The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.
The armdrag is also a nice way to get right into a guard if you're not a fan of your other takedown options and something to work in conjunction with bump sweeps or with an underhook from butterfly once you're down. I'm terrible about getting overhooked from guard, rotating my arm out and then getting arm dragged right onto my face, for example.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Drewjitsu posted:

What about the shoulder throw? That's something you learn pretty early on in wrestling, do you not?

In freestyle you can't do any throws that put your opponent's feet higher than their head, so the shoulder throw you see in other grappling styles is illegal.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Thanks for the Wrestling stuff and Judo Link. I will edit them into the opening posts. If anyone else wants to cover anything, I'll update that in too.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Judo:

One of the most recognizable judo throws is the seio-nage, also known as the shoulder throw. Involves getting your hips low and parallel to your opponent and rotating him over your shoulders with your upper body as you spring up with your legs. This throw is often associated with Toshihiko Koga. A lot of people will also throw this as a “drop”.

Koga throwing seio-nage

Along with seio-nage, Uchi-Mata is one of the most popular Judo throws. Also probably the prettiest technique around. Involves placing your hips perpendicular to your opponent and reaping their inner leg from the inside as you pull them up and over with your upper body.

In recent years, Kosei Inoue has been the most dominate Uchi-Mata practitioner around, using it to win gold in the 2000 Olympics in the photo above.

Inoue giving an Uchi-Mata lesson
Yoshida destroying everyone else's self worth

Another popular competition throw is Harai-goshi. Harai-goshi involves getting your hips around so that you are parallel to your opponent and reaping their outer leg from the outside as you rotate them up and over with your upper body.

Cory Devela knocking a guy out in an MMA fight with a Haria-goshi

The outer reap, or O-Soto-Gari is another popular throw was most famously practiced by Yasuhiro Yamashita, who used it as his primary throw while going undefeated for the last seven years of his Judo career, including several world championships and an Olympic gold. Involves placing all of your opponents weight on one foot and then reaping it out from under them.

O-Soto-Gari Compilation Video

The back sacrifice, Tomoe-nage, involves throwing your butt down underneath your opponent and then using a leg in their pelvis to rotate them over you and on to their back.

A nice Tomoe-nage in competition

Anything else you could possibly want to know about Judo you can find at Judoinfo

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Apr 27, 2011

mobn
May 23, 2005

by Ozmaugh
This is the correct video for uchi mata http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1asYLNJgdw

He won the whole drat olympics with that throw. Everyone knew it was coming and nobody could stop him.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

mobn posted:

This is the correct video for uchi mata http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1asYLNJgdw

Came here to post that

Speaking of the olympics, Rulon Gardner may be competing again. I'm dubious about what kind of competitive shape he can get in at his current stage in life, but I have no idea what the international greco scene looks like these days.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Who Gotch Ya posted:

Yup. Lots of takedowns off armdrags here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYKMJjzkQ14
I know I've posted it a million times but I'm gonna post it every time it's relevant

That was the video I was thinking of, thanks Cort!

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.

fatherdog posted:

I'm dubious about what kind of competitive shape he can get in at his current stage in life

As round as possible so nobody can lock their hands when grabbing him around the waist.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

mobn posted:

He won the whole drat olympics with that throw. Everyone knew it was coming and nobody could stop him.

Added it, I'm not sure if Xguard86 moved it to the OP yet. If so a re-copy/paste is in order.

I couldn't find any gifs of the Korean politician hitting Tomoe-Nage that were less than 2 MB for imgur. I really wanted to include that one.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
everything is now in the OP. We need to carve that poo poo onto some tablets and seal it in jars.

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Cinderella boy... Out of nowhere...
Yam Slacker

Thoguh posted:

In freestyle you can't do any throws that put your opponent's feet higher than their head, so the shoulder throw you see in other grappling styles is illegal.

Did you mean folkstyle? Because I feel like I've seen/done all varieties of throws in freestyle tournaments...or are you talking freestyle judo?

As to Rulon Gardner, I've rolled/wrestled with him in the not to distant past and I have to say that he is as quick as a cat, even at 350+ lbs. Holy poo poo he's quick, best wrestling footwork I've ever encountered at anything above 200 lbs. Kerry McCoy was a coach of mine and I don't remember his footwork being that overwhelming.

I'm not sure how high a medal Rulon can get, but he's a certified monster and he's tiger fast.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Mardragon posted:

Did you mean folkstyle? Because I feel like I've seen/done all varieties of throws in freestyle tournaments.

Yeah, folkstyle. I just started using a phone to browse the forums and I'm still getting caught with autocorrect here and there.

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh

fawker posted:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but Marcelo Garcia (widely considered to be top p4p grappler)has a really sneaky arm drag game.

you are partially wrong. marcelo garcia is no longer considered a grappler.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Gomi Pile posted:

you are partially wrong. marcelo garcia is no longer considered a grappler.

Tell us why, Gomi Pile, tell us why

con
Aug 5, 2004

There's always next year...

shizen posted:

I've noticed having a strong grip helps a ton. Guys who can just control my wrist easily make it really hard to do anything, in gi I'd imagine be even stronger to have a good grip. So what are some good exercises that any of you guys do to strengthen the grip? My neck is really starting to get strong now been doing the neck bridges for a month+ now and never get a sore neck and actually can escape chokes easier it seems. Yet my grip is still pathetic and I need to get stronger grip to prepare for gi training also especially.

When I Wrestled in High School (2x state placer) and the one year in College (National Qualifier) I would keep tennis balls in my winter coat pockets and constantly squeeze them when walking around. During the Summer I kept one of those grip things on me constantly and whenever I was doing some sitting around, walking, driving I would be constantly squeezing it. This will give you fantastic grip after a few weeks/months.

Drewjitsu posted:

Arm Drags are awesome for set ups.

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/237370-Messiah-College-Camp-Technique-2010/video/348888-Mike-Helm-Arm-Drag-to-Double

This shows what people mainly use arm drags for in Wrestling. The one thing in this video that bothers me is when doing an Arm Drag you want to reach as high as you can into the arm pit. This way if your grip slips you will be able to slip down to the elbow of the opponent and catch it. If you reach for the elbow every time you will keep getting his fore arm because he will pull his arm back.

I am not sure what you mean by shoulder throw?

con fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Apr 28, 2011

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

con posted:

I am not sure what you mean by shoulder throw?

This kinda thing:
http://youtu.be/N8SW9pyBYdU

con
Aug 5, 2004

There's always next year...
I personally never learned it, but I never wrestled Greco-Roman either but it is a very common move in that style. It's too dangerous in Folkstyle unless you are already down a few points and need to get a big move to win, and I imagine it has its uses in Freestyle but I rarely see it. In Wrestling you never want to give your back up to your opponent, and that move does just that.

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh

Bohemian Nights posted:

Tell us why, Gomi Pile, tell us why

he hasn't been very active in competitions in the last few years because he's "training for mma" which means beating up goons in a gym somewhere.

and i read about the tennis ball squeeze in A Book, so its got to be legitimate.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Gomi Pile posted:

he hasn't been very active in competitions in the last few years because he's "training for mma" which means beating up goons in a gym somewhere.

and i read about the tennis ball squeeze in A Book, so its got to be legitimate.

Gomi, he won the mundials in 2010, will more than likely compete this year too, and has been competing every year forever except 2008

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Gomi Pile posted:

This was true for like a year in 2008 when he was training at ATT, then he got tired of DREAM telling him every single event "You'll be fighting on this one!" and then never calling him, so he moved back to NYC and started winning tournaments again.

Siamang
Nov 15, 2003

con posted:

When I Wrestled in High School (2x state placer) and the one year in College (National Qualifier) I would keep tennis balls in my winter coat pockets and constantly squeeze them when walking around. During the Summer I kept one of those grip things on me constantly and whenever I was doing some sitting around, walking, driving I would be constantly squeezing it. This will give you fantastic grip after a few weeks/months.

I've been into grip training for a while and it's been very useful for grappling. Another thing I've noticed is that training the muscles that open the hand(either by looping a couple of thick rubber bands around your closed fingers and opening them or using something like this) has had a nice side effect of lessening my elbow tendonitis.

Siamang fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Apr 29, 2011

johnwayne'smom
Oct 16, 2004
i wish i had an evil twin
Just found out that I've got ringworm. 3+ years into my grappling career and this is the first skin infection I've had to deal with. What really sucks is that I am incredibly hairy, so I had to clipper my frigging pelt first before applying the skin cream. Surprise, it's all over! This totally loving sucks. I feel kind of bad complaining considering people in this thread have blown out knees etc but my first ever tournament is Saturday and now I won't be able to compete. I'm also trying to get with a girl that I train with and now I'll probably have to fess up to having a grosso skin infection, which women loooooooove.

God drat it. Anybody know how long this usually takes to deal with? I read online 2-4 weeks.

dokomoy
May 21, 2004
You should look into the getting a prescription for the ringworm medicine you take orally(I don't know what it's called off hand). It's probably ideal for someone who's had it spread all over and is pretty hairy, plus I heard it's faster than creams(or at least non-prescription cream).

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh

fatherdog posted:

This was true for like a year in 2008 when he was training at ATT, then he got tired of DREAM telling him every single event "You'll be fighting on this one!" and then never calling him, so he moved back to NYC and started winning tournaments again.

oh. i assumed he was still sitting by the phone bleeding uncontrollably

johnwayne'smom
Oct 16, 2004

dokomoy posted:

You should look into the getting a prescription for the ringworm medicine you take orally(I don't know what it's called off hand). It's probably ideal for someone who's had it spread all over and is pretty hairy, plus I heard it's faster than creams(or at least non-prescription cream).

word. i'll call my doctor in the morning.

Fleshpeg
Oct 23, 2001
Stop harassing me!
I got caught by the "Oh, I'm hurt and I'm out of shape, let's just flow roll" trick by a random white belt tonight. I was immediately bowled over onto my back and he managed to pry an arm free for an Americana. I tapped before he could get it fully on because there's no way I'm trusting some idiot who is making full on grunting noises to know when to stop. I can understand that poo poo when people are new, but this guy had trained for a few years somewhere else before joining. Oh well, I won't feel bad about going full speed on him from now on.

On a related note, is there some trick to holding mount on big guys? This guy was so round that my knees weren't touching the ground so I had a hell of a time preventing the upa escape when I was trying to get a hand into his collar.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

johnwayne'smom posted:

Just found out that I've got ringworm. 3+ years into my grappling career and this is the first skin infection I've had to deal with. What really sucks is that I am incredibly hairy, so I had to clipper my frigging pelt first before applying the skin cream. Surprise, it's all over! This totally loving sucks. I feel kind of bad complaining considering people in this thread have blown out knees etc but my first ever tournament is Saturday and now I won't be able to compete. I'm also trying to get with a girl that I train with and now I'll probably have to fess up to having a grosso skin infection, which women loooooooove.

God drat it. Anybody know how long this usually takes to deal with? I read online 2-4 weeks.

Lamasil pills are pretty cheap and super effective, but can gently caress up your liver or kidney (don't remember which) so your doctor might not want to give them to you unless you feel like taking blood tests. The other oral medication that your doc might give you is Ketoconazole. For that you take it then go work up a real good sweat and wait like a day to shower, as it works by coming out through your pores while you sweat and covering your entire body with a thin film of the medication. Even if you have no/crappy insurance they are cheap. I never hit my deductible so pay full price for stuff and I think 2 weeks of Lamasil was like $20 and the Ketoconazole pills I got another time were like a nickel.

Athlete's Foot creams work, but if you have multiple patches and/or just want to be totally sure, the pills are great piece of mind.

I dealt with it for years because got into my scalp and I didn't realize it. So it wasn't until I went to a doctor and got some pills that it finally went away. The topical athlete's foot creams would kill it but it would be back a few weeks or months later no matter how careful I was. Once I got it out of my scalp from a prescription of Lamasil oral pills I've been good (knock on wood) for a couple of years. Though I still am super nervous and bleach the gently caress out of anything that itches plus washing my hair with Nizerol (OTC anti dandruff shampoo that has Ketoconazole in it) a couple of times a week.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Apr 29, 2011

Grab Your Foot!
Apr 24, 2007

I don't even understand that trick, why do you care if you trick some dude into going easy and then crank out a tap in anger? Especially if the guy's going to be attending the gym regularly, you'll tap and be tapped all the time, who cares?

And as for mount on big people I tend to be a little floaty if I figure the guy's gonna bench press me off anyway and post with my hands and arms a lot; also cross facing the guy's neck one way or the other makes any kind of mount escape much harder, especially cross facing him away from the side he likes to escape to.

Fleshpeg
Oct 23, 2001
Stop harassing me!

Grab Your Foot! posted:

I don't even understand that trick, why do you care if you trick some dude into going easy and then crank out a tap in anger? Especially if the guy's going to be attending the gym regularly, you'll tap and be tapped all the time, who cares?

And as for mount on big people I tend to be a little floaty if I figure the guy's gonna bench press me off anyway and post with my hands and arms a lot; also cross facing the guy's neck one way or the other makes any kind of mount escape much harder, especially cross facing him away from the side he likes to escape to.

Because apparently every time you tap a higher belt, you steal part of their soul. If you collect enough, you get a new belt along with the powers you've consumed.

I've been trying to work on keeping low and basing out with an arm out in a direction sort of diagonally above their head. I have less of a problem in no-gi since I tend to get an arm under their head and pull it to one side. When I'm fighting to get a hand into the collar in gi, it feels like my center of gravity is too high. Maybe I just need to immediately start with the crossface and attack the collar on the side he's turned away from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johnwayne'smom
Oct 16, 2004

Thoguh posted:

Lamasil pills are pretty cheap and super effective, but can gently caress up your liver or kidney (don't remember which) so your doctor might not want to give them to you unless you feel like taking blood tests. The other oral medication that your doc might give you is Ketoconazole. For that you take it then go work up a real good sweat and wait like a day to shower, as it works by coming out through your pores while you sweat and covering your entire body with a thin film of the medication. Even if you have no/crappy insurance they are cheap. I never hit my deductible so pay full price for stuff and I think 2 weeks of Lamasil was like $20 and the Ketoconazole pills I got another time were like a nickel.

Athlete's Foot creams work, but if you have multiple patches and/or just want to be totally sure, the pills are great piece of mind.

I dealt with it for years because got into my scalp and I didn't realize it. So it wasn't until I went to a doctor and got some pills that it finally went away. The topical athlete's foot creams would kill it but it would be back a few weeks or months later no matter how careful I was. Once I got it out of my scalp from a prescription of Lamasil oral pills I've been good (knock on wood) for a couple of years. Though I still am super nervous and bleach the gently caress out of anything that itches plus washing my hair with Nizerol (OTC anti dandruff shampoo that has Ketoconazole in it) a couple of times a week.

When I was doing my research online it seemed like you really only have a big problem if it's on your scalp. It's actually on the back of my neck as well so now I'm paranoid it's creeping up onto my head. Like I said I'm hairy as hell and don't really feel like shaving my entire chest/back and dealing with the itching of the growing in hair as well as the ringworm, and even if I did I think it would be easy to miss some. I hope he'll give me the Lamisil pills, I don't want to sit in my own stew for a day with the Ketoconazole.