Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

AxeManiac posted:

I kind of picture everyone as High Pitch Eric until proven otherwise.

No, this is Kelly Clarkson

spit in my mouth

chiz fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Apr 28, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Baseball, football my balls!

Vakal
May 11, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

I kind of picture everyone as High Pitch Eric until proven otherwise.

Do you sell thwat cream?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Ribsauce posted:

Yea and what do you do for a living sir?

I drive a limo. Got a problem with that?

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Joe Don Baker posted:

added to pkd88.txt

If you browse my posting history in Stern threads you will see that I have [b]ALWAYS[b/] given Robin credit when it is due.

I can't believe you're responding to that dude. pkd88 is the most stereotypical aspergers goon I can think of. That guy is one phone call away from the Wack Pack.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Single fat piece of poo poo

I miss Artie :(

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Shes Not Impressed posted:

I miss Artie :(

WAAAAAHHHHHHH!

me too :(

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

World's Most Bankrupt due to Medical Bills Listener

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

God drat the gay guys (bobby) life is the definition of a blackcloud

OG KUSH BLUNTS fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 28, 2011

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.
Didn't they just do a World's Saddest Listener like a month or so ago??

rapentire
Apr 17, 2003

Skitz posted:

I think the last saddest listener contest was for feeling up some penthouse model. This one is for the money from some energy drink sponsor.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
drat, three days a week starts next week, and will be every-other week.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Skitz posted:

It's not like they'll ever run out of contestants.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Well that one was the biggest loser contest technically, and it was two whack packers and half blind virgin.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I'm still cracking up over the Seth Rogen and Maria Menounos pothead call.

"So you'd like to know what it does to your brain?"

"gently caress IT MAN HAHAHAHA!"

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
Heh, I just opened this thread to say that call is one of my all time favorites.

I think it's because that is what was going on in my head when I was getting the drug talk from mom.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Former Human posted:

I'm still cracking up over the Seth Rogen and Maria Menounos pothead call.

"So you'd like to know what it does to your brain?"

"gently caress IT MAN HAHAHAHA!"

For those who missed it (like myself), it's up on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7gWJSZ0UmE&feature=player_embedded

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
I hate to say it, but I basically stopped listening. :( I've almost completely lost interest. Even the first hour is horrible to me. I didn't actively make a choice, but the show is just not interesting to me. I never thought this day would come!

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Moniker posted:

I hate to say it, but I basically stopped listening. :( I've almost completely lost interest. Even the first hour is horrible to me. I didn't actively make a choice, but the show is just not interesting to me. I never thought this day would come!

awww, man.

I enjoyed the poo poo out of David Arquette week and the Maria Menounos and Kevin interview.

There's some gems in there

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Mr Hands Colon posted:

For those who missed it (like myself), it's up on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7gWJSZ0UmE&feature=player_embedded

This was a home run.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

chiz posted:

awww, man.

I enjoyed the poo poo out of David Arquette week and the Maria Menounos and Kevin interview.

There's some gems in there

Those are two of the things that I actually listened to recently and they were good. (Not all of Arquette, but the highlights). I think I might just start listening on Fridays. If I can tear my way from Adam Carolla's podcast. It's a billion times better than THSS, IMO.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Oh man the comment on that video:

Man, richard and sal are the only 2 people on that show who can produce any sort of funny bit. Someone please explain to me what fred norris does for the show???? Isn't he a writer??? When's the last time he produced or did anything funny for the show???

:psyduck:

Banditoh
Aug 13, 2005

Moniker posted:

Those are two of the things that I actually listened to recently and they were good. (Not all of Arquette, but the highlights). I think I might just start listening on Fridays. If I can tear my way from Adam Carolla's podcast. It's a billion times better than THSS, IMO.

Yeah this. What Joe Rogan said about carolla on his podcast is completely true, the guy can go off about any subject and make it interesting. Too bad he's not on Howard's channel because it would be incredible. Too bad sirius thinks they're going to survive with 3 day a week Howard. I suppose they could, but I know fewer and fewer willing to pay for the service.

As far as Stern goes, I know Robin is crazy and I probably hate her more than most, but going to Peru and taking ayahuasca isn't something I can get down on her for. Maybe I'm the only druggie who listens to the show or something, but I got annoyed at Howard's ignorance when it came to hallucinogens. At the same time, gently caress Robin.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
For the first time ever I turned off the show 20 minutes in and didn't bother to turn it back on. Worked in silence I was so annoyed. I turned it on right at the start and Gary was late, I thought it was gonna be good, but no 20 straight minutes of photography talk and I said "gently caress this" and turned it off. First time I ever totally bailed on a live show

Carolla's podcast was awesome for like a month, then I stopped listening. He really needs someone to reel him in, it is so repetitive. His radio show was way better

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Ribsauce posted:

For the first time ever I turned off the show 20 minutes in and didn't bother to turn it back on. Worked in silence I was so annoyed. I turned it on right at the start and Gary was late, I thought it was gonna be good, but no 20 straight minutes of photography talk and I said "gently caress this" and turned it off. First time I ever totally bailed on a live show

Carolla's podcast was awesome for like a month, then I stopped listening. He really needs someone to reel him in, it is so repetitive. His radio show was way better

I stopped listening to his podcast for almost a year and started recently and I must say that it's literally a semi-well produced radio show. When I was previously listening it was just him with a mic in what sounded like a room in his house. Now he's in a studio and has guests and actual content. It's nice.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Banditoh posted:

Y

As far as Stern goes, I know Robin is crazy and I probably hate her more than most, but going to Peru and taking ayahuasca isn't something I can get down on her for. Maybe I'm the only druggie who listens to the show or something, but I got annoyed at Howard's ignorance when it came to hallucinogens. At the same time, gently caress Robin.

Yeah but she's just a tourist. Some dipshit artist, probably that Brendan Murphy human being told her she should go "experience a life-changing event" and she went along with it.

I mean jesus, she could have sat at home and drank a bottle of cough syrup and gotten the same effect.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I suggest Joe Rogan's podcast if you like Carolla. If you can get by the fleshlight advertisements, he is pretty much the coolest person ever. At the end of each podcast I want to exercise more, read more, and smoke a shitload of weed.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Banditoh posted:

Yeah this. What Joe Rogan said about carolla on his podcast is completely true, the guy can go off about any subject and make it interesting. Too bad he's not on Howard's channel because it would be incredible. Too bad sirius thinks they're going to survive with 3 day a week Howard. I suppose they could, but I know fewer and fewer willing to pay for the service.

I think you mean 1.5 day a week!

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Millstone posted:

I think you mean 1.5 day a week!

You know wha I'm sayin?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Qaz Kwaz posted:

drat, three days a week starts next week, and will be every-other week.

Welp, it was fun while it lasted. Too bad I'm paid through December.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003

Joe Don Baker posted:

Man, richard and sal are the only 2 people on that show who can produce any sort of funny bit. Someone please explain to me what fred norris does for the show???? Isn't he a writer??? When's the last time he produced or did anything funny for the show???
:psyduck:

I don't think you are a real fan of the Stern show.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Adam and Joe have the 2 best podcasts out there right now. I stopped listening to Joe's for a while because the quality was awful, but recently he has gotten all that straightened out and its much better.

Adams other shows are also pretty good. If you are into any sort of home improvement or car stuff you should check out "Ace of the house" and "Car Cast"
Ace of the house is Adam giving home improvement advice and Car Cast is like a funny version of Car talk.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Qaz Kwaz posted:

I don't think you are a real fan of the Stern show.

He was quoting a YouTube comment

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003

Godinster posted:

He was quoting a YouTube comment

Whoops, carry on.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Joe Don Baker posted:

I LOVE Fred, he is my favorite guy on the show. That said, there is a tiny sliver of truth to this statement. While he adds an enormous amount to the show, with both his sound effects, jokes, and the rare comment, he doesn't write any more. He used to do a lot of bits and songs, specially when teamed up with Jackie.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

"Squashy Nipples" posted:

I LOVE Fred, he is my favorite guy on the show. That said, there is a tiny sliver of truth to this statement. While he adds an enormous amount to the show, with both his sound effects, jokes, and the rare comment, he doesn't write any more. He used to do a lot of bits and songs, specially when teamed up with Jackie.

Actually Fred still does some writing and producing still. You can tell a Fred joke because it is a little subversive. It is hard to explain but you can tell what they are if you listen to old shows and then listen now. He doesn't write as much anymore but they are still there. He also almost always does the intros for contests and whatnot.

I think that there just isn't a ton of need for him to produce a lot of material anymore due to them having a million people working there now. Back in the 80s and early 90s it was pretty much Howard, Fred, Jackie, Boy Toothy, Scott, John and a handful of interns (2 or 3). Scott was always overloaded with production work from the station as well as the show, Howard I never felt had the time to spend working on it So that basically left Fred as the only one left who had the ability to record and produce bits.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Fred tells Howard when to take commercial breaks and which live reads to do. AND he reads the plugs at the end of the show. You guys are crazy, Fred does all of the important stuff.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Here's an interesting rumor on something new from Sirius: http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/29/sirius-satellite-2-0-to-include-dvr-like-features-personalized/

Too little too late? I wonder if Howard's new contract will allow for this to happen with H100 and 101? It seems pretty half-assed, since you can only access some things for a limited time. It's sort of a step in the right direction at least.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 29, 2011

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

Joe Don Baker posted:

...I wonder if Howard's new contract will allow for this to happen with H100 and 101?...

I would be loving floored.

"select programs" aka everything except howard ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Joe Don Baker posted:

Here's an interesting rumor on something new from Sirius: http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/29/sirius-satellite-2-0-to-include-dvr-like-features-personalized/

Too little too late? I wonder if Howard's new contract will allow for this to happen with H100 and 101? It seems pretty half-assed, since you can only access some things for a limited time. It's sort of a step in the right direction at least.

Is this really a problem for satellite radio as the article suggests? What would you guys want to hear after recording other than Howard? I can't imagine he is included in this.