Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

fenix down posted:

I saw a clip of something like that from Curb, where Larry balks at thanking the wife in addition to thanking the husband for the dinner.

Yeah, great scene, she wants to be thanked too even though her husband paid with his money and they get into a bit of a semantics argument as Larry is wont to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

Gyshall posted:

It's a salad... only bigger... with lots of stuff in it?

Tomatoes the size of volleyballs!

Bulbous Goiter
Sep 15, 2003
Whatchu' Talkin Bout?
Did Kramer make the right decision going after Tony in The Bottle Deposit? The golfclub's end up getting destroyed and Jerry doesn't even car his car back!

Also...Sue Ellen Mischke :love::fap::dong:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Bulbous Goiter posted:

Did Kramer make the right decision going after Tony in The Bottle Deposit? The golfclub's end up getting destroyed and Jerry doesn't even car his car back!
Peterman thinks they're destroyed because Kennedy was an angry golfer so at least Elaine got something out of it.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Bulbous Goiter posted:

Also...Sue Ellen Mischke :love::fap::dong:

Goodbye, Norman! Goodbye!

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
Apparently that was a real mistake and the actress thought the character's name was Norman, but they thought it was funny so they kept it.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Last night, I was watching The Invitations. At one point, Jerry and Elaine are talking about how life will be after George gets married and Elaine leaves Jerry and Kramer all alone. Jerry has a vision of he and Kramer in the future, about thirty years...

(Daydreaming sequence set in Jerry's apt. in a probable future. Kramer pops in. They look a little older.)

KRAMER: Hey!! Buddy. I thought of a great invention for driving. A periscope in a car, so you can see the traffic.

JERRY: (annoyed) How you gonna drive when looking through a periscope? Besides it's not a submarine and there's no room for a periscope in a car.

KRAMER: Huh! You make a higher roof.

JERRY: They're not making higher roofs.

KRAMER: why can't you make a higher roof.

JERRY: Because it's a stupid idea. No one's gonna go for it. Don't you understand It's stupid ,stupid...

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

Gyshall posted:

Last night, I was watching The Invitations. At one point, Jerry and Elaine are talking about how life will be after George gets married and Elaine leaves Jerry and Kramer all alone. Jerry has a vision of he and Kramer in the future, about thirty years...

(Daydreaming sequence set in Jerry's apt. in a probable future. Kramer pops in. They look a little older.)

KRAMER: Hey!! Buddy. I thought of a great invention for driving. A periscope in a car, so you can see the traffic.

JERRY: (annoyed) How you gonna drive when looking through a periscope? Besides it's not a submarine and there's no room for a periscope in a car.

KRAMER: Huh! You make a higher roof.

JERRY: They're not making higher roofs.

KRAMER: why can't you make a higher roof.

JERRY: Because it's a stupid idea. No one's gonna go for it. Don't you understand It's stupid ,stupid...

The best is Kramer just goofily nodding his head back and forth as Jerry's yelling at him.

Pretentious Coats
Jan 18, 2009

Protection from what? Ze German?

Kevyn posted:

Cry Cry Again

I was going to give it to one of my other guys, but it's an arty movie and quite frankly, they don't have the sensibility.

safety dan posted:

In "The Big Salad" George was 100% in the right. Julie was seriously trying to take credit for that big salad, and then she had the audacity to call him out when he set things straight. What a bitch.

George, all I did was hand someone a bag.

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
Good Samaritan Law? I never heard of it. You don't have to help anybody. That's what this country's all about. That's deplorable, unfathomable, improbable.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I think the second half of the finale would have been better if they hadn't shown any clips from the older episodes, just had the people on and giving testimony. Seeing the courts reaction to "the contest" is one of the best moments, as is the group looking away before the reveal.

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

mints posted:

I think the second half of the finale would have been better if they hadn't shown any clips from the older episodes, just had the people on and giving testimony. Seeing the courts reaction to "the contest" is one of the best moments, as is the group looking away before the reveal.

Yeah getting basically a clip show as half of the finale was lame. I love how even Keith Hernandez is in the audience though and Banya's reactions are great.

Bulbous Goiter
Sep 15, 2003
Whatchu' Talkin Bout?

safety dan posted:

Apparently that was a real mistake and the actress thought the character's name was Norman, but they thought it was funny so they kept it.

I remember reading somewhere that Wayne Knight had heart trouble following that scene where he is running away and this spurred him to lose weight.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

wa27 posted:

Was/is Seinfeld very popular in the UK (or other countries, for that matter)? It always seemed like a very American show with humor that might be lost on international audiences, but I'm probably wrong.

They tried exporting it to Germany, but I guess the quirky humor didn't translate well. So, guess who got the time slot?

Hogan's Heroes

Wikipedia posted:

“In the mid 1990s, German channel Kabel 1 wound up pulling their sitcom Seinfeld off the air due to poor ratings and replaced it with Hogan’s Heroes. The humor of Seinfeld was lost on the German audience, partially due to the difficulty of translating Seinfeld’s American culture and phrases for a German audience. Hogan’s Heroes, by contrast, translated easily, despite the fact that the show’s humor was largely based on poking fun at Germany and its culture.”

Bulbous Goiter
Sep 15, 2003
Whatchu' Talkin Bout?
For the NY goons (or even people who have just been to NY) is there much to see around NY that relates to Seinfeld? I'm going to NY later this year and, while I can't imagine i'd bother going on any of those paid tours, I wouldn't mind keeping an eye out for some of the more famous Seinfeld spots featured in the show to get the token tourist photo in front of.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Not particularly good, but I gave it a go:

edit:I think that GIF would be better. That reminds me, does anyone have a GIF of the sausage-making?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bulbous Goiter fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Apr 27, 2011

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

BigDave posted:

They tried exporting it to Germany, but I guess the quirky humor didn't translate well. So, guess who got the time slot?

Hogan's Heroes

To be fair I've read that the translation for Hogan's Heroes is really loving good, using very particular regional accents that play up the humor of the characters even more for the German audience. Also they just straight up made poo poo up that wasn't in the show, like Klink having a nude cleaning lady who is never seen, only heard.

I got that from Wikipedia so hopefully it's not all a beautiful lie.

Red Fructidor
Jan 8, 2004

I'm watching Lloyd Braun play a smooth talking psychic on Star Trek. It's so hard not to see him as a not all there guy with that look in his eyes.

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

Bulbous Goiter posted:

For the NY goons (or even people who have just been to NY) is there much to see around NY that relates to Seinfeld? I'm going to NY later this year and, while I can't imagine i'd bother going on any of those paid tours, I wouldn't mind keeping an eye out for some of the more famous Seinfeld spots featured in the show to get the token tourist photo in front of.

Tom's Diner was cool. I had a big rear end milkshake and got a t shirt.

Bulbous Goiter
Sep 15, 2003
Whatchu' Talkin Bout?

safety dan posted:

You've sold me.

Berkeloid
Apr 30, 2010

BrandNew posted:

Yeah getting basically a clip show as half of the finale was lame.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. There were less than three minutes of clips in total, and the whole trial segment lasted for 11 minutes of a 55 minute episode.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

BrandNew posted:

Good Samaritan Law? I never heard of it. You don't have to help anybody. That's what this country's all about. That's deplorable, unfathomable, improbable.

Your face is my case.

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

Berkeloid posted:

That's a bit of an exaggeration. There were less than three minutes of clips in total, and the whole trial segment lasted for 11 minutes of a 55 minute episode.

Yeah but there was a balls to the wall clip show the very previous episode.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

safety dan posted:

Yeah but there was a balls to the wall clip show the very previous episode.

Previews, Jerry!

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Berkeloid posted:

Well my biggest problem with the 2nd half of the finale was that it didn't "feel" like an episode of seinfeld to me.

Bulbous Goiter
Sep 15, 2003
Whatchu' Talkin Bout?

BrandNew posted:

Well my biggest problem with the 2nd half of the finale was that it didn't "feel" like an episode of seinfeld to me.

Listen, don't take it personally, but when I come back i'm sitting over there. :what:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Ash1138 posted:

Well what do you got in there?
Crackers.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Mohair?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Jugdish.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
"I've cut slices so thin, I couldn't even see them."
"How'd you know you cut it?"
"I guess I just assumed.."
*frightening realization*

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Started a new job today working at a restaraunt and in he bathroom of the mens room someone carved into the mirror van buren boys. This must be a good sign.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

BrandNew posted:

Started a new job today working at a restaraunt and in he bathroom of the mens room someone carved into the mirror van buren boys. This must be a good sign.

I've always hoped that somewhere out there was an actual gang of street toughs infatuated with Martin Van Buren. :neckbeard:

Take a pic for us?

Chicolini
Sep 22, 2007

I hate cold showers. They stimulate me and then I don't know what to do.
Better than a gang named after Artemis N Falkmore.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

safety dan posted:

Those milkshakes are exhaustingly huge.

Bulbous Goiter
Sep 15, 2003
Whatchu' Talkin Bout?

penismightier posted:

Those milkshakes are exhaustingly huge.

Sounds like a challenge. I accept.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
I've got a long car trip coming up and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get some Jerry Seinfeld standup recordings? I already have I'm Telling You For the Last Time (which I love) but it seems it's his only recorded standup on the internet from what I can find. Can anyone else give any links or anything?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Lord of Laughton posted:

I've got a long car trip coming up and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get some Jerry Seinfeld standup recordings? I already have I'm Telling You For the Last Time (which I love) but it seems it's his only recorded standup on the internet from what I can find. Can anyone else give any links or anything?

If you like his standup, you'd probably like his book:
http://www.amazon.com/Seinlanguage-Jerry-Seinfeld/dp/0553569155

It's basically a bunch of standup jokes in written form. There's a good amount of overlap with the jokes made in the show intros and with his other recorded standup material, but most of it will be new to you. Plus you can get it for $2 shipped if you have prime.

edit: I guess this won't help if you're the one driving.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I feel pretty strongly that a Seinfeld gang tag should be the logo of Kreuger Industrial Smoothing

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Kramerica Industries.

Edit: Hahahaha

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

He just put the kibosh on me, do you know what the kibosh means, it's a kibosh!

The Walrus posted:

I feel pretty strongly that a Seinfeld gang tag should be the logo of Kreuger Industrial Smoothing

I'm very against wearing shirts with pop-culture references but I might have to make an exception for this

http://www.zazzle.com/kruger_industrial_smoothing_t_shirt-235801053948182550

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

HateTheInternet posted:

I'm very against wearing shirts with pop-culture references but I might have to make an exception for this

http://www.zazzle.com/kruger_industrial_smoothing_t_shirt-235801053948182550

You would have to rub off the R in Kruger