Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

CrazyLittle posted:

( they're getting close to catching up )

Really? poo poo. I guess that means we can expect more obnoxiously bad filler in the near future? And probably a lot of it, too? poo poo.

Slave posted:

I don't quite see how in her instant transition from creepy Sasuke obsessed stalker to murderous brooding nutcase that Sakura has managed to convince herself she has a hope in hell of killing the guy.

Yeah, that was a little weird. She hasn't really gotten all that much stronger since her Sasori fight has she? I don't think we've seen much from her since then, anyway. Maybe she has some new tricks up her sleeve. But at this point she seems several levels below Sasuke.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Apr 22, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
They're actually not really that close to catching up. Certainly nowhere near Bleach was when it went into emergency filler.

EDIT: It's about 60 chapters behind.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

-Blackadder- posted:

Really? poo poo. I guess that means we can expect more obnoxiously bad filler in the near future? And probably a lot of it, too? poo poo.

I'd take a small filler arc of Naruto just trucking the chuunin exam in sage mode. Just absolutely ruining everyone and everything. Written exam? gently caress you i'm going to blow up a mountain.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Crunkjuice posted:

I'd take a small filler arc of Naruto just trucking the chuunin exam in sage mode. Just absolutely ruining everyone and everything. Written exam? gently caress you i'm going to blow up a mountain.

I've been waiting for something similar, but the Chuunin Exams that occurred while he was training with Jiraiya. I need explanation on how Tenten and Ino got promoted, right now I'm working on pure pity by Tsunade because she has been the only remotely competent female in Konoha.

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!
I think at this point, formal ninja titles don't mean squat. It was a bigger deal back in Naruto-land, but in Shippuden, it's all about power levels and secret jutsu. Though it would be neat to see Naruto put an end to all the crap he got way back when, we all know what rank he's headed for. Besides that, there shouldn't be anyone in the village that even thinks they have a chance of loving with him.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I like how Danzo's sharingarm just looks like some weird rear end zombie arm with random eyes implanted into it. They made it look really awesome.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
The only issue I had with it was the eyes look too flat, like they just stamped them on the arm. They should be rounder, and possibly move around to look super loving creepy.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah, I wish they had fixed that for the series. It looked silly in the manga and it looks silly here.

Puppet
Nov 21, 2007
You can't cry when you're too tough to die.
There's something that has been bothering me for AGES. The song "Heavy Violence" that plays on the anime isn't the same on the soundtrack, it's actually a totally different (and much kickass) version. I've been looking for the original one for a long time now and never found it. The closest I could get to it was a bad quality midi version, but I'm not satisfied at all.

The anime one (totally hosed up):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJg_9Me8_xk

The soundtrack version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkRp4a3x5vc&feature=related

Much less heavy and cool.

Mike Hock
Jun 22, 2005

The gift that gives back.

Sindai posted:

Yeah, I wish they had fixed that for the series. It looked silly in the manga and it looks silly here.

I don't remember, but were they that big in the manga? I swear there must have been some Uchiha T-rexes running around back when Danzo stole those things because they are big as loving saucers.

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

Mike Hock posted:

I don't remember, but were they that big in the manga? I swear there must have been some Uchiha T-rexes running around back when Danzo stole those things because they are big as loving saucers.

Big eyes... in anime?

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

razamataza posted:

Big eyes... in anime?

The eyes in Naruto are actually pretty restrained in size.

Unlike say, this unfortunate Chihuahua of a girl. (linked for huge)

Episode titles and airdates up to May 26

"Danzo's Right Arm"
"Danzō no Migiude" (ダンゾウの右腕) April 28, 2011

"The Forbidden Ocular Jutsu"
"Kinjirareta Dōjutsu" (禁じられた瞳術) May 5, 2011

"Danzo Shimura"
"Shimura Danzō" (志村ダンゾウ) May 12, 2011

"Sakura's Resolve"
"Sakura no Kakugo" (サクラの覚悟) May 19, 2011

"Lost Bonds"
"Ushinawareta Kizuna" (失われた絆) May 26, 2011

Quick note for people who haven't watched the Shippuden dub: you should, it's starting the Hidan/Kakuzu arc now and Hidan's VA is amazing.

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 27, 2011

LambdaZero
Nov 5, 2009

suck it
That little curved line... Is that... Is that her mouth?

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Soviets posted:

That little curved line... Is that... Is that her mouth?

Yes, and that dot is her nose.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Danzo vs. Sasuke was one of my top five favorite fights in the manga, I'm glad it has quality animation. But even it if didn't, Danzo still is one of the only characters who has sensical reasoning for the things he does.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Also don't forget dude actually acts like a ninja.

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

It would appear that the new movie has been released/subbed

LambdaZero
Nov 5, 2009

suck it
I don't have high hopes for it, personally. The past movies have all been let downs for me.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

As much as the sharingarm looked weird in the manga and the anime, seeing the eyeballs jiggle a little bit was pretty drat cool.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah it looked better than I thought it would. Enjoyed this episode, even if sasuke hawk'd out of loving nowhere.

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Karin is growing to Orihime levels of annoying now. Do we really need to hear "SASUKE!!!!!!!!" followed by relievedface every time he gets attacked because there are a lot of attacks in this anime

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Kingtheninja posted:

Yeah it looked better than I thought it would. Enjoyed this episode, even if sasuke hawk'd out of loving nowhere.

Watching this episode made me realize something which might make that a lot more understandable. It seemed to come out of nowhere, but if the Hawk was actually Itachi's summon, that would make a lot more sense.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Kingtheninja posted:

http://i.imgur.com/Mzh8z.jpg

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Teek posted:

Watching this episode made me realize something which might make that a lot more understandable. It seemed to come out of nowhere, but if the Hawk was actually Itachi's summon, that would make a lot more sense.

That's actually the first good theory I've heard about that. When it happened in the manga everyone was really puzzled about it but that kind of makes sense.

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

It looked funny when the summoning jutsu worked in mid air, had always assumed it would be spread across a flat surface for some reason. Has that happened before?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

It's probably just because I'm going from marathoning the entire Shippuuden series over the course of a month to just watching the latest episode once a week, but these last two episodes have felt like a little bit of a ripoff. I mean, don't get me wrong, the fight in the last episode was pretty drat cool, but the first 10 minutes of both episodes has been boring time-wasting recap stuff.

I guess they're just trying to keep a slow pace to stay away from where the manga is at currently?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It's just you, Shippuuden has always been awful about that. It's why I only watch in bursts now.

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

Sindai posted:

It's just you, Shippuuden has always been awful about that. It's why I only watch in bursts now.

Same here. After marathoning the whole series up to the 3 tails arc I started doing the painstaking route of weekly viewing. For the past few months now I usually wait for 5-10 new episodes before I watch them. I'm planning to watch 204-209 this weekend, should be pretty good.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

razamataza posted:

It looked funny when the summoning jutsu worked in mid air, had always assumed it would be spread across a flat surface for some reason. Has that happened before?

Didn't Naruto summon Gamabunta the first time in mid-air after Jiraiya pushed him into a canyon?

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Didn't Naruto summon Gamabunta the first time in mid-air after Jiraiya pushed him into a canyon?

Just so.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Just marathoned 204-209 myself and I love how these fights have been animated and there's been a bunch of really great expanded content. Sharingarm in motion and properly discolored looks incredibly creepy. Here's hoping the quality persists!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Sindai posted:

I'd have to go back and read this section of the manga again to be sure, but I think they're taking parts of different chapters and splitting an episode between them. I feel like the Naruto stuff we've been seeing happened at once instead of switching off between sasuke content in the manga.

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro

Kingtheninja posted:

I'd have to go back and read this section of the manga again to be sure, but I think they're taking parts of different chapters and splitting an episode between them. I feel like the Naruto stuff we've been seeing happened at once instead of switching off between sasuke content in the manga.

I know they did it with Jiraiya/Nagato's backstory, Jiraiya vs Pain and Saskue vs. Itachi. Instead of switching off between the 2/3 of them they did all of one at once then moved on to the next. I liked it a lot better that way. The story flowed better and it was easier to keep track of.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

The Disney XD version doesn't even mention the word blood. Instead it just mentions that Hidan needs DNA to complete the curse.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

CURATOR OF ANIME posted:

The Disney XD version doesn't even mention the word blood. Instead it just mentions that Hidan needs DNA to complete the curse.

Ugh, I hope the kids don't immediately think of semen like I would have.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Apparently a new OVA has been released; it takes place pre-timeskip (so Sasuke's around and not a colossal dick just yet) and seems to centre around a genie with three wishes Team 7 finds at the beach.

:stare: What's the point of something like that? Really.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Pyrotoad posted:

Apparently a new OVA has been released; it takes place pre-timeskip (so Sasuke's around and not a colossal dick just yet) and seems to centre around a genie with three wishes Team 7 finds at the beach.

:10bux:

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp

Pyrotoad posted:

I bet it results in Kakashi's mangekyou sharingan.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
That was a really good episode.

Danzo really seems to have had some great techniques. I would have liked to have seen more of them but unfortunately years of being around have probably taught him that eyehax are the only key to success. Too bad his stolen eyes just weren't as good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Yeah, that was really very poignant. Much more than I expected. This is show has always done a great job at that.

• Locked thread