Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Edit: Got it, the bootloader image was on partition 7. Now I hope I didn't kill anything downloading to part 6.

Paramemetic fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Apr 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
I have the latest MIUI on my N1. I have a question about the music player, does it not recognize m3u playlist files? I used iSyncr to sync stuff over to my phone but the player won't recognize the playlists. I installed the Music Mod but it locks the phone up.

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
Whats a good ROM for the Droid 2? I just got one but it looks like cyanogenmod isnt supported which loving blows, but is there anything close to it?

I might just wait a couple months and get an incredible or something better that supports cyanogenmod.

teamdest
Jul 1, 2007

rugbert posted:

Whats a good ROM for the Droid 2? I just got one but it looks like cyanogenmod isnt supported which loving blows, but is there anything close to it?

I might just wait a couple months and get an incredible or something better that supports cyanogenmod.

I think the droid 2 has a locked bootloader, which means anything that requires stuff like kernels (any AOSP stuff, I'd imagine) is out. No MIUI, no Cyanogen, etc.

I have an incredible and I love it, CM7 on it right now, but I am starting to look towards upgrading, so maybe sit tight and keep your eyes open.

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

teamdest posted:

I think the droid 2 has a locked bootloader, which means anything that requires stuff like kernels (any AOSP stuff, I'd imagine) is out. No MIUI, no Cyanogen, etc.

I have an incredible and I love it, CM7 on it right now, but I am starting to look towards upgrading, so maybe sit tight and keep your eyes open.

yea I had an incredible with CM6 but I lost it in december and finally wound up getting a new phone. I thought the droid 2 would be cool since I loved the first one but man what a mistake. Might have to re-bay this phone for an HTC

Ive messed with it enough so thats its better but one thing thats REALLY bugging me is facebook integration. with CM when I add my facebook account I get the option to only link contacts that match stuff in my gmail account, but this just grabs all of them. Anyway way to change that?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Ugh....SO close I can taste it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Ye Gods, BAMF for the Thunderbolt was terrible. Sucked batteries like nothing else. I flashed the pre-alpha of the port of CM7 yesterday and here's what I got:

Of course there's still some bugs being pre-alpha, but I like it far better than what I using before and god drat did I miss Gingerbread features and CM7 tweaks.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

8-bit Miniboss posted:

...and god drat did I miss Gingerbread features and CM7 tweaks.

You shut your mouth. :smith:

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
Looks like HTC is the way to go for CM then. What about the Galaxy? Is that bootloader locked too?

Also - The loving Droid2 accounts manager just adds every single faceook friend I have to my contact list which is loving restarded. There doesnt seem to be an option to to only sync existing contacts like my first Droid/CM does.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Ugh....SO close I can taste it.
It would be totally awesome if this was out this weekend.

Anti-Derivative
Aug 12, 2003
Beware of Squirrel

rugbert posted:

Looks like HTC is the way to go for CM then. What about the Galaxy? Is that bootloader locked too?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1056334&page=5
nope

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Endless Mike posted:

It would be totally awesome if this was out this weekend.

I haven't heard a peep out of the normal people in the CM group. They are either being super sneaky about it or we're at least another week off from even a buggy alpha.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I have an Evo 4G running MikFroyo and I love it for the most part, but some touchscreen issues are driving me batty. There's a sensitivity point in the upper right-hand corner that intermittently triggers as if touched, leading to calls I didn't mean to make, widgets spawned that I didn't need, continual page refreshes (the spot is directly on top of Dolphin's refresh button :argh:). Toggling the display on and off typically resolves the issue, sometimes for good, sometimes for only a few moments.

Is this issue likely related to the phone or the ROM? Also I assume that if it is a hardware issue I am poo poo out of luck in terms of getting any kind of support on this from Sprint.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I haven't heard a peep out of the normal people in the CM group. They are either being super sneaky about it or we're at least another week off from even a buggy alpha.
Yeah, I'm not really expecting it, but it's nice to hope!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Ye Gods, BAMF for the Thunderbolt was terrible. Sucked batteries like nothing else. I flashed the pre-alpha of the port of CM7 yesterday and here's what I got:

Of course there's still some bugs being pre-alpha, but I like it far better than what I using before and god drat did I miss Gingerbread features and CM7 tweaks.

Do you have newbie friendly instructions on how to set this up? I've been wanting to root my thunderbolt but am not an expert on the whole process. HTC's standard contact list does the same poo poo of adding every single person on your facebook, and that's actually my one major complaint with this phone, because I have like 500 people on my facebook.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

So you G2x owners, I've got a couple questions.

Does rooting with the SuperOneClick method and installing CWR with ROM Manager do a wipe? I know early on replacing the recovery wiped the phone but it's a little vague on xda whether that's the case now.

What's the deal with the internal storage vs. external with CWR? One test version can see one, the other can see the other? Do we know when we'll have a better recovery that can see both?

Has anyone tried this patch? I trust Paul O'Brien but there've been reports of disappearing apps and a non-working Market after installing it.

I was going to wait until CM7 hits before getting into any of this but I definitely see the lag this patch purports to fix.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

LastInLine posted:

I was going to wait until CM7 hits before getting into any of this but I definitely see the lag this patch purports to fix.

This is me. I'm seeing slight lag every once in awhile and mostly when I'm installing something but I can look past it until CM7 drops. It looks like they are getting close.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Paul from Modaco is working on this with TD, and he said he was working on the last major problem preventing it from being released. Also, there's this:

quote:

CM_arcee RC
@
@JupiterdroidXDA @PaulOBrien O2X has been ready for some time. We're working on getting the G2x up to spec, and ironing out details

So the regular 2x is ready, and they're finishing up the G2x. Cyanogen has it running on the G2x, so yeah, we're in "Bug stomping" territory, I think that this weekend isn't out of the realm of possible, but I'd expect it by next Friday, barring issues.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Did you guys already root and install a custom recovery?

I'm not really willing to start loving with my fiancee's phone until I'm confident things will go smoothly.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

LastInLine posted:

Did you guys already root and install a custom recovery?

I'm not really willing to start loving with my fiancee's phone until I'm confident things will go smoothly.

Mine is still bone stock and I doubt I'll root it till CM7 starts rolling out nightlies and/or stable.

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Good news for anyone wondering about the Galaxy S 2's rootability:

http://m.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s-2-already-beast-and-now-its-rooted

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

rivetz posted:

I have an Evo 4G running MikFroyo and I love it for the most part, but some touchscreen issues are driving me batty. There's a sensitivity point in the upper right-hand corner that intermittently triggers as if touched, leading to calls I didn't mean to make, widgets spawned that I didn't need, continual page refreshes (the spot is directly on top of Dolphin's refresh button :argh:). Toggling the display on and off typically resolves the issue, sometimes for good, sometimes for only a few moments.

Is this issue likely related to the phone or the ROM? Also I assume that if it is a hardware issue I am poo poo out of luck in terms of getting any kind of support on this from Sprint.

Flash back to a stock ROM to see if it's the ROM or phone, Sprint will be fine with it if you bring it in with a stock ROM installed.

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

and that's how you get ants.
Good news for G2x owners eager for some CM7:

quote:

For all you G2x lovers, about to do the first nightly build. You can thank @cyanogen and especially @CM_arcee for all their hard work!
comes from http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisSoyars/status/64466348868247552

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Sweet. Looks like we'll have a busted nightly this very evening. I seriously can't wait. :)

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

and that's how you get ants.
Optimism my friend, it can only get better from here on. :)

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.
I tried updating to 7.0.2.1 on my Evo tonight and everything went to hell. A bunch of my apps are gone and Titanium Backup can't restore them. The Gmail app just makes the screen briefly flash white. Google Talk won't open/isn't installed. My connection icons never light up like they used to.

I'm using this opportunity to flash a Sense ROM so I can do the GPS fix, then it's back to my 7.0.2 backup I guess.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Fuzz posted:

Do you have newbie friendly instructions on how to set this up? I've been wanting to root my thunderbolt but am not an expert on the whole process. HTC's standard contact list does the same poo poo of adding every single person on your facebook, and that's actually my one major complaint with this phone, because I have like 500 people on my facebook.

Sorry, I don't. I'm pretty comfortable with ADB and rooted it through command line as soon as a verified method came up.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

brc64 posted:

I tried updating to 7.0.2.1 on my Evo tonight and everything went to hell. A bunch of my apps are gone and Titanium Backup can't restore them. The Gmail app just makes the screen briefly flash white. Google Talk won't open/isn't installed. My connection icons never light up like they used to.

I'm using this opportunity to flash a Sense ROM so I can do the GPS fix, then it's back to my 7.0.2 backup I guess.
Okay, I still seem to be unable to flash a Sense ROM. I downloaded the latest non-beta Fresh, did a full wipe and flashed that. It wouldn't get passed the white EVO 4G screen.

Thankfully my 7.0.2 backup restored okay. Not sure I want to try 7.0.2.1 again. I think I'm done tonight.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

PREYING MANTITS posted:

Good news for G2x owners eager for some CM7:

comes from http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisSoyars/status/64466348868247552

@CM_arcee The first p999 (G2X) and p990 (O2X) nightlies are now available at the CM download mirrors! :) #CM7
19 minutes ago
Retweeted by cyanogen

http://mobile.twitter.com/cyanogen

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

rugbert posted:

Also - The loving Droid2 accounts manager just adds every single faceook friend I have to my contact list which is loving restarded. There doesnt seem to be an option to to only sync existing contacts like my first Droid/CM does.

Is this using Motoblur or the Facebook app

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Web Jew.0 posted:

@CM_arcee The first p999 (G2X) and p990 (O2X) nightlies are now available at the CM download mirrors! :) #CM7
19 minutes ago
Retweeted by cyanogen

http://mobile.twitter.com/cyanogen

Flashing this poo poo right now. I don't care what's broken.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Flashing this poo poo right now. I don't care what's broken.

Apparently the internal storage isn't accessible at all. Back up to the external card first.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

LastInLine posted:

Apparently the internal storage isn't accessible at all. Back up to the external card first.

Not too worried about that as I never really did much with the phone because I was waiting for CM. :v:

So far APN's are busted as poo poo. Edit: Fixed with a little fuckery. Network time is busted though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Newb question here: I installed ClockworkMod using NVFlash on my G2x as recommended on XDA. (Something about ROM Manager not flashing to recovery properly.) Anyway, when I hit backup in CWM, is the bunch of files a full system copy? Also is this the same as a Nandroid backup I see mentioned?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Endless Mike posted:

Newb question here: I installed ClockworkMod using NVFlash on my G2x as recommended on XDA. (Something about ROM Manager not flashing to recovery properly.) Anyway, when I hit backup in CWM, is the bunch of files a full system copy? Also is this the same as a Nandroid backup I see mentioned?

That might be an XDA question. I went in feet first but I recommended waiting a few nightlies. It's pretty buggy.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Endless Mike posted:

CWM/RomManager's backup option is Nandroid, though possibly enhanced, I'm not sure if Nandroid's been updated to handle .android_secure and similar. Either way, it's a full system image.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Tonight's "well, now I see why we do that" moment was when I tried to flash a theme over CM6.2Beta for Fascinate. Bootloop ahoy! Then I tried to flash an ED01 AOSP ROM, and that wasn't great. Soooo back to CM6.2 via nandroid backup, and thank God I paid attention when they said "ALWAYS DO A NANDROID BACKUP"

I'd've persisted in getting the right version to run the theme if I didn't have to wake up and drive to the airport in 4.5 hours. Welp.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Casao posted:

CWM/RomManager's backup option is Nandroid, though possibly enhanced, I'm not sure if Nandroid's been updated to handle .android_secure and similar. Either way, it's a full system image.
On the N1, CWR does .android_secure. I have to imagine on the G2x it captures it as well.

ugh whatever jeez
Mar 19, 2009

Buglord
CM nightly on O2X is awesome although I did have to pull battery once when I was fiddling with GPS (that was a first for me).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

LastInLine posted:

On the N1, CWR does .android_secure. I have to imagine on the G2x it captures it as well.
There is definitely .android_secure in my backup, but it is only 3 KB. Is this normal?