Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Hamburger Test posted:

They're making progress every day.

Just look at what someone just did to ED-E:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k0gQGYpLBc

Ok I have a pretty high tolerance for anime and think there is nothing inherently wrong with it, but goddamn. I mean seriously, why even play Fallout? Can't they just play Second Life if they want to play as creepy plastic French maids with floating robot girl slaves?

Edit:now I keep reimagining the more badass grimy cowboy moments with a creepy anime doll. "I rose from the grave to put you in yours desu~~~~~"

Chinaman7000 fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

"I wonder if there is beer on the sun."

Chinaman7000 posted:

Ok I have a pretty high tolerance for anime and think there is nothing inherently wrong with it, but goddamn. I mean seriously, why even play Fallout? Can't they just play Second Life if they want to play as creepy plastic French maids with floating robot girl slaves?

Well, Fallout is basically the only mainstream game that allows free modding. Second Life does too, but it's not exactly a game like Fallout is.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I've been wanting to re-install FO3 and FO:NV but the crashing and stability issues of both games (Mostly FO3) have been putting me off getting the whole things installed and then modded/sorted/troubleshot/fixed all that poo poo... but the games are so good :smith:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hamburger Test posted:

Sure it is. It's not very anime though and would add more creepiness than comedy to a let's play.

Edit:
Looks like the author or uploader is behind most of the anime stuff, like anime child bathing suit armor with bouncing breasts.

I don't even get the point of this one. It's not like there aren't plenty of female companions already in the game to mod, why turn ED-E into something totally unrelated? I mean he could at least have made her an android woman or something, but nope, just the stereotypical "huge breasts, skimpy outfit" adult mod.

Chinaman7000 posted:

Edit:now I keep reimagining the more badass grimy cowboy moments with a creepy anime doll. "I rose from the grave to put you in yours desu~~~~~"

I've never understood half the "anime porcelain doll" outfits either. I mean it's not as if there isn't plenty of anime out there that would actually fit the setting. I mean, glowy power armour is a bit out of place but at least makes a lot more sense than a french maid outfit. Hell, Trigun is basically "Westerns in space", why not just steal from that?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Whackin' version of it.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005

Naky posted:

Whackin' version of it.

:woop: Very nice work, Naky! Will there be an ability to hot-swap between weapon modes in the first release?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

ParagonParadox27 posted:

:woop: Very nice work, Naky! Will there be an ability to hot-swap between weapon modes in the first release?

I just make n' fix weapons so I'll let someone else figure that bit out. :)

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005

Naky posted:

I just make n' fix weapons so I'll let someone else figure that bit out. :)

SHOULD be simple. Two firing anims and weapon statistics toggled via a hotkeyed script. Bing bang boom, you're a Tetragrammaton Cleric.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hamburger Test posted:

When I saw the orange spheres I thought "Oh cool someone turned ED-E into Vic Viper from Gradius complete with options". Then they went outside. :(

flipstyle
Dec 10, 2003
Tastes like burning

NotInventedHere posted:

Inventory Sorters.

I thought this mod was in the op, but I didn't see it listed. I think it's a pretty useful feature.

thanks!

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Hamburger Test posted:

I made the mistake to check out the related videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvZ5AZtbi9o

this one made me sign in into my youtube account to be watchable. I guess I'm tagged by google as a potential pedophile now. Thanks Anime!

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Police Automaton posted:

this one made me sign in into my youtube account to be watchable. I guess I'm tagged by google as a potential pedophile now. Thanks Anime!

Just came to post this here, :stare:d at it in a (horrified) amazement. Literally 3 and a half minutes of little girl running around with her boobs bouncing.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I found this on the nexus. I thought I'd share it with you. It'd make a good wallpaper, no doubt.

Mind posting the source? for some strange reason I want to know.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Would it be possible to make a script that would let you swap out weapon mods? It's kinda silly having two of the same gun just so you can have one with a suppressor and one without :argh:

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Police Automaton posted:

This poo poo is so goddamn bizarre. Someone should do a documentary on the people who make these kind of mods, like the realdoll thing. I don't know which is worse.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Hamburger Test posted:

It was good until I saw what it really was. At first it just looked like a little arwing fighter that would follow you around, which is pretty awesome.

e: Oh hey, this was the same guy that did the creepy throwing mines video

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Would it be possible to make a script that would let you swap out weapon mods? It's kinda silly having two of the same gun just so you can have one with a suppressor and one without :argh:

I was actually wondering this yesterday. I just got Maria and tried to remove the silencer from my regular 9mm to put it on it, but no dice. :( I figured WMX would've included something like that.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Cardboard Box posted:

I was actually wondering this yesterday. I just got Maria and tried to remove the silencer from my regular 9mm to put it on it, but no dice. :( I figured WMX would've included something like that.
Nah. It needs some functions added by the NVSE guys, but they've been busy.

So... I wasted time I should've spent revising finishing some stuff off.
Meltdown Medley (vid here), changes meltdown's FX depending on your weapon. So laser somebody, they die in a red explosion, flamer them and they explode into burning gibs and so on.
Playing With Firepower (vid here), adds a bunch of weird scripted weapons and perks, including the burst-fire mode I mentioned earlier, a smart missile launcher (with homing missiles etc.), smoke grenades, and lasers/plasma that ricochet off things, and a vaguely Crysis-ish 'Tag people with binoculars' perk.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Hoodrich posted:

This poo poo is so goddamn bizarre. Someone should do a documentary on the people who make these kind of mods, like the realdoll thing. I don't know which is worse.

Alien Slof, designer of the tremendously popular Slof's Boners mods, is considered "one of the best and brightest" modders Nexus had seen. I got to thinking about just how loving weird her mods are, so I did some digging around and found her website (occasionally :nws::nms:).

I think that while there are some people that make innovative, technically impressive mods and there is a lot of talent in the community, you can virtually guarantee that any time a mod contains anime elements or even passingly sexual elements that the author is a revolting loving waste of a human being. As evidence, here is Slof modelling a (not badly made) facehugger mask of her own designing. Look at that image, and extrapolate the dimensions of the individual in it based on what you can see :barf:.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

This has shattered my perception of Slof as some goofy university student.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I'm pretty sure at this point that all of those sexual/anime mods that make normal people like you or I groan are made by people who are lifelong shut in deviants. Like, the people they've been talking about for most of our gamefaqs.png thread. I want to believe that the creators are making them ironically and a few wierdos are coming out of the woodwork to show how much they like them and be quietly mocked; at this point I just know better though.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
And by occasionally NMS you mean..... :nms: :nms: http://www.slofslair.co.uk/index.php?page=artimage&artimage/id=50mtnyx685g :nms: :nms:

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

Chronojam posted:

This has shattered my perception of Slof as some goofy university student.

Seriously. I pictured more of a Marilyn Manson type thing. Was not expecting that reality... and honestly wish I never clicked that facehugger link.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Brace posted:

And by occasionally NMS you mean..... :nms: :nms: http://www.slofslair.co.uk/index.php?page=artimage&artimage/id=50mtnyx685g :nms: :nms:

One of these days, I'm going to learn not to click NMS links. :gonk:

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Brace posted:

oh god I can't quit laughing at that image

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Brace posted:

Slof posted:

It was a request from a friend some time back
How does that even come up in conversation with your friends? "Oh hi Slof, I was just thinking there weren't enough penises in H.R. Geiger's work".

A shame she wanted to be worshipped as some kind of weird fetish goddess, as IIRC she was one of the like 3 people who knew how to rig new head meshes for Oblivion. She could've done a lot more productive stuff.

Cryptozoology
Jul 12, 2010
gently caress. Yes.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

NeurosisHead posted:

I'm pretty sure at this point that all of those sexual/anime mods that make normal people like you or I groan are made by people who are lifelong shut in deviants. Like, the people they've been talking about for most of our gamefaqs.png thread. I want to believe that the creators are making them ironically and a few wierdos are coming out of the woodwork to show how much they like them and be quietly mocked; at this point I just know better though.

Yeah, this is why I'd think it'd be interesting (to say the least) to have a window into their lives. Why they are how they are, etc.

Also :lol: at that website:

quote:

To all those ingrates who send me snotty emails telling me what I should do with my own mods, I say this: gently caress YOU! They are MY mods, I can do with them exactly what I choose to do. I can host them wherever I drat well like - and if for whatever reason you can't access them, good. You don't deserve to have anything.

Considering that the mods and art are shared totally for free, I really am sick of people treating me like it's their god-given right to have them. It's NOT a right, it's a privilege. I don't HAVE to share a goddamn thing. I could remove the lot and say 'to hell with you' and I would be perfectly within my right to do so. My mods, made for me first. Shared because I (usually) like sharing. I like encouraging creativity. I've paid out for extra hosting so that I can share - and this is the treatment I get.

I removed myself from Nexus after being treated badly by its owner. After the years I put in for the site. I expressed a genuine concern for the site's reputation, only to be shot down in a snotty reply that hurt me very deeply. I'm NOT going to stick around for that kind of treatment anywhere. After ALL I'd done for Nexus. Bah.

Just remember all this before rushing to my contact page to harrass me and call me names, or tell me what to do like you're my boss or something.

On a plus note however, I give many thanks to the kind souls who have donated to the site's upkeep. The money will be used for renewing - or maybe even increasing - the site's space. It's always nice to know that there are decent people out there to make up for the ingrates. People who appreciate the privilege of using my mods. To those people, I say a big THANK YOU.

People were apparently really torn up at losing access to their boner mods.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I don't quite understand why people throw hissyfits and take down their mods so much. Didn't the guy that made the Pipboy Readius mod do the same thing? I mean why would you even give a poo poo about what the community thinks of your mods beyond bug reports?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I don't quite understand why people throw hissyfits and take down their mods so much. Didn't the guy that made the Pipboy Readius mod do the same thing? I mean why would you even give a poo poo about what the community thinks of your mods beyond bug reports?

MY ART.

Whatever. Too many "modders" do it for the wrong reasons, IMO. Do it first and foremost because YOU want to do it with the intentions of releasing it for all to enjoy it as secondary. The moment you start doing it for adoration or attention just sets you up for drama and disappointment down the line.

Crawlius
Apr 28, 2011
Spot on. Part of the reason the Nexus is such a piece of poo poo is that so many of the mods are made by would-be narcissists whose primary motive is getting attention. It's not that wanting that attention precludes the possibility of your mod being any good, but doing something for its own sake - and THEN releasing it for others to enjoy - is definitely the way to go.

Also that the commenting rules are pretty much "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all", or at least wrap your comment in such a thick layer of cotton wool that the mods won't see it as an opportunity to do some gangbanging. How's that for a healthy creative environment.

Crawlius fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 1, 2011

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Talkie Toaster posted:

How does that even come up in conversation with your friends? "Oh hi Slof, I was just thinking there weren't enough penises in H.R. Geiger's work".

A shame she wanted to be worshipped as some kind of weird fetish goddess, as IIRC she was one of the like 3 people who knew how to rig new head meshes for Oblivion. She could've done a lot more productive stuff.

I dunno that picture is funny as hell I can imagine some friend being like "Dude you are good at drawing can you do a pic of the alien from aliens with a hella boner just sittin' there jackin' it that poo poo would be funny as"

Amoxicilina
Oct 21, 2008

Hoodrich posted:

Has anyone tried this yet? I want to but I don't want to be the guinea pig.

I've been playing the hell out of it for the past week or so, and so far it's really good, albeit buggy at times. This is especially true if you load the FO3 DLCs along with it. If you have operation anchorage for example, sgt montgomery will follow you around, not like a companion, but whenever you enter a place or fast travel he will be there and help you attack hostiles if in range.

There are also reports that the FO3 main questline bugs out at tranquility lane preventing completion. Come fly with me is also bugged for some reason.

Most everything else works like a charm though. The best part is that MANY new vegas AND FO3 mods work in conjunction with it.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Bit of a busy night tonight on my end. Got those two FG42 and Bren Gun mods that were uploaded on Nexus a couple days ago in as their textures were significantly improved from the originals in the 20th century pack (where he sourced them from), but I'm gonna have to fix pretty much everything as per usual. Terrible IS on the bren and simply 'bad' on the FG and both are using WTF worthy animation calls. Going to see if I can't use more appropriate ones and also separate the meshes so the parts that should be animated will be.

I also have a Mateba Model 6 Unica in game and working perfectly, except it has a pretty gross texture. Perhaps safetyhammer can work his magic like he has on several others so far on it, otherwise I don't think it will make it in for release.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Naky posted:

MY ART.

Whatever. Too many "modders" do it for the wrong reasons, IMO. Do it first and foremost because YOU want to do it with the intentions of releasing it for all to enjoy it as secondary. The moment you start doing it for adoration or attention just sets you up for drama and disappointment down the line.

The best part is that if you do make something for yourself, then you'll likely want it to be really good. Then, when you do release it, you still get attention and adoration!

CaptainFuzychin
Aug 21, 2005
Hey I have a question that might be simple, or not. The mod linked below is a shotgun that someone made for Fallout 3 that I really like:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=8116#fileanchor

I'm wondering, how would one go about porting it over for New Vegas? I guess you'd have to change the item numbers, among other things? I've never made a mod for Fallout 3 or New Vegas so I have no idea where to start. I really love this mod, in part because it's a good gun for the game and in part because it's modeled after my favorite real world shotgun, the Colt 1878.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Brace posted:

Is there any estimated time until Project Nevada actually resembles FWE?

It won't, that's not their goal. Project Nevada is a different project to FWE and aims to be much less of a 'complete' experience.

Check out XFO for a lot of the stuff that was in FWE.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

CaptainFuzychin posted:

Hey I have a question that might be simple, or not. The mod linked below is a shotgun that someone made for Fallout 3 that I really like:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=8116#fileanchor

I'm wondering, how would one go about porting it over for New Vegas? I guess you'd have to change the item numbers, among other things? I've never made a mod for Fallout 3 or New Vegas so I have no idea where to start. I really love this mod, in part because it's a good gun for the game and in part because it's modeled after my favorite real world shotgun, the Colt 1878.

Huh. That's funny. Looks exactly like the shotgun from STALKER. That guy makes it sound like he made the loving thing.

Classic Fallout Weapons: New Vegas (also linked in the OP) adds that gun to NV, already. It's called the "Widowmaker" and comes in both sawed-off and full-length versions.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

The Lone Badger posted:

It won't, that's not their goal. Project Nevada is a different project to FWE and aims to be much less of a 'complete' experience.

They seem to be planning for a 're-balance' module though. Which is what I assume Brace was talking about.

CaptainFuzychin
Aug 21, 2005

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Huh. That's funny. Looks exactly like the shotgun from STALKER. That guy makes it sound like he made the loving thing.

Classic Fallout Weapons: New Vegas[/url] (also linked in the OP) adds that gun to NV, already. It's called the "Widowmaker" and comes in both sawed-off and full-length versions.

Oh hey, thanks. I didn't figure it'd be in that because the Widowmaker from Fallout 1 & 2 didn't really look like that. But either way, awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

The Lone Badger posted:

Well... it is their goal. But it's secondary to them wanting to give a more openly customizable and "Choose which and what you want" experience for the mod.