Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Huh, that sounds like a more cop-out-ish version of one of my favorite episodes of The Batman. Hugo Strange develops a drug that turns people into zombies and so Batman and Robin are on the run the entire episode. Eventually, after they get Robin, Batman figures out an antidote and is about to disperse it via a bunch of gas bombs. Eventually, Zombie Batgirl, Robin and Commissioner Gordon catch him, and it turns out that the drug was actually just a hallucinogen and everybody's been chasing Batman to stop him from releasing the "antidote" which was actually the real poison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The weird thing is that the show already had an "out" in that Jason Blood was supposed to be developing a cure so they could have just dosed everyone with it. Also they apparently had some crazy restrictions like the fact that they couldn't actually show anyone being bitten so it had to do a cutaway every time it happened.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

TwoPair posted:

Huh, that sounds like a more cop-out-ish version of one of my favorite episodes of The Batman. Hugo Strange develops a drug that turns people into zombies and so Batman and Robin are on the run the entire episode. Eventually, after they get Robin, Batman figures out an antidote and is about to disperse it via a bunch of gas bombs. Eventually, Zombie Batgirl, Robin and Commissioner Gordon catch him, and it turns out that the drug was actually just a hallucinogen and everybody's been chasing Batman to stop him from releasing the "antidote" which was actually the real poison.

The Batman was awesome and more people need to realize this :colbert:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sockser posted:

The Batman was awesome and more people need to realize this :colbert:

There is so very much not-awesome to The Batman though.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

There is so very much not-awesome to The Batman though.

This is true. But honestly, I'd say it's more good than bad, when you look at the series as a whole.

Plus, as cheesy as it is, I loving love The Batman vs. Dracula.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Toonzone posted an interview with the creator of the amazing world of Gumball.

SGT. Squeaks
Jun 18, 2003

Two men enter, one man leaves. That is the way of the hobotorium!
Gumball is going to be awesome.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

SGT. Squeaks posted:

Gumball is going to be awesome.

I'm calling it now: Cancelled in either a month from launch or towards the end of the second season.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Neo Helbeast posted:

I'm calling it now: Cancelled in either a month from launch or towards the end of the second season.

A smart man wouldn't take that bet.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

So, Generator Rex just had the greatest Table Tennis based filler episode ever.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
And the latest Ben 10 had the least subtle take on Guantanamo Bay ever. It's sad that as late as it is, it's still timely.

Also in Generator Rex, Rex used the term "comedy gold" so...

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 30, 2011

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

I've more or less given up on Ben 10 at this point. Has it gotten any better?

I think comedy gold is a pretty common phrase, so I'm not sure what you're leading on to.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Magnus Condomus posted:

Nope.

My Little Pony's series/season finale is on Friday. According to wikipedia it's going to be about the prom/gala thingy majigger. I guess all fads have to end some time right? I really love me some of AppleBlooms optimistic retardation but, I guess I'll get a new avatar after the show ends.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Neo Helbeast posted:

Nope.

My Little Pony's series/season finale is on Friday. According to wikipedia it's going to be about the prom/gala thingy majigger. I guess all fads have to end some time right? I really love me some of AppleBlooms optimistic retardation but, I guess I'll get a new avatar after the show ends.

You know it's gotten a second season right?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

IRQ posted:

You know it's gotten a second season right?

I've heard the rumors. It'd make sense seeing as how crazy popular it is outside of its demographic. But, alas this is Hasbro, I do not keep my hopes up that it will be as good as the first season. Although, Friday's episode had me in stitches with Pinkie Pie's disguises.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Neo Helbeast posted:

I've heard the rumors. It'd make sense seeing as how crazy popular it is outside of its demographic. But, alas this is Hasbro, I do not keep my hopes up that it will be as good as the first season. Although, Friday's episode had me in stitches with Pinkie Pie's disguises.

It's been confirmed by people on the staff! :)

I don't think Hasbro will gently caress with it either, it's the highest rated show on Hub and while I'm sure the suits are baffled by the adult fanbase it's money in their pockets either way.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

IRQ posted:

It's been confirmed by people on the staff! :)

I don't think Hasbro will gently caress with it either, it's the highest rated show on Hub and while I'm sure the suits are baffled by the adult fanbase it's money in their pockets either way.

They keeping making episodes were Pinkie Pie turns into a borderline serial killer an I'll keep throwing money at them.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 04:04 on May 1, 2011

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Neo Helbeast posted:

They keeping making episodes were Pinkie Pie turns into a borderline serial killer an I'll keep throwing money at them.

OKI. DOKI. LOKI. :ese:

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Not to mention, GUMMY!

(Well, and Philomena, for that matter--keeling over under the weight of her own giant, bald, hydrocephalic head...priceless...poor bird...)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Magnus Condomus posted:

I think comedy gold is a pretty common phrase, so I'm not sure what you're leading on to.

He's leading on to the revelation that Jon Stewart is a goon.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

Macrame_God posted:

Will it have the uncut version of the episode "Leap Frogs"? Please say yes.

If it's just a DVD pressing of the episodes available on Netflix streaming, I'd say no. There's some quirky cuts on those episodes.

Speaking of which, any chance of getting Two Stupid Dogs on DVD? I recently took a look on YouTube for some episodes after explaining it to a friend of mine and surprisingly didn't find much. The episode I did find had a HUGE sex gag that just floored me and must have sailed over my head as a kid.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

AKA Driver posted:

If it's just a DVD pressing of the episodes available on Netflix streaming, I'd say no. There's some quirky cuts on those episodes.

Bummer. :(

More than fifteen years later I'm still amazed with all the things they got away with on that show. The phone sex gag from "Canned" is still my favorite.

"Rocko?"
"Mrs. Bighead?"
:stare: :stare:

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Macrame_God posted:

More than fifteen years later I'm still amazed with all the things they got away with on that show. The phone sex gag from "Canned" is still my favorite.

"Rocko?"
"Mrs. Bighead?"

Be Hot! Be Naughty! Be Courteous!

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

Neo Helbeast posted:

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Goddammit this GIF might be what it finally takes for me to risk my masculinity and watch this show.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Behonkiss posted:

Goddammit this GIF might be what it finally takes for me to risk my masculinity and watch this show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PRqyC8AuO4

I have to say I think that this is best episode of the series.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

...of SCIENCE! fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Mar 23, 2014

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

I see that Rob Renzetti is credited as story editor for MLP.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

AKA Driver posted:

I don't remember what got cut from "Leap Frogs," but I can say that the Netflix version of "Road Rash" does have the cut scene at the motel, so who knows.

Macrame_God posted:

"Rocko?"
"Mrs. Bighead?"
My new favorite moment of the series is in "Junk Junkies" where they make fun of L. Ron Hubbard.

Rocko: How are we going to make $500?
Heffer: We could start a club like that Diuretics guy!

Edit: I don't think we should do Pony talk in this thread guys...

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 09:17 on May 2, 2011

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Yeah I'm doubleposting, but I feel that this deserves its own post.

I PM'd Aatrek, and he said that we are, in fact, allowed to talk about MLP in this thread- as long as it doesn't get creepy. I hope that this doesn't derail the thread into pony domination.

In the mean time, chew on the AV Club's review of My Little Pony. It's a positive review (the author gave it a B+), so beware- it might just get a hipster following now.

Edit: From the comment section.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 12:59 on May 2, 2011

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Aw man, this is just going to turn into a pony thread now

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

They have their own forum, so I wouldn't worry too much.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Yeah, but don't let the word get out to them :ssh:

Sockser posted:

Aw man, this is just going to turn into a pony thread now
I'm sure that Aatrek or angerbot will intervene if things get out of hand.

Edit: I'll try to move the thread along from ponychat. Has anyone seen the Phineas and Ferb (there's a thread somewhere dedicated to the show but it's pretty much dead) episode "Nerds of a Feather?" I'd go as far as to say it's one of the best episodes of kids' programming I've seen. If you consider yourself a nerd, do yourself a favor and watch it on Netflix (it's in Season 2).

Season 3 of the show is currently going on, and Netflix is adding the episodes as it goes along.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 14:10 on May 2, 2011

Liam Acerbus
Sep 17, 2007

I've never seen Phineas and Ferb before, but I guess I'll have to now. I also need to catch up on Adventure Time. I haven't watched any of the new episodes in a long time.

Now Regular Show, there's one I keep up with every week. :buddy:

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Adventure Time has steadily gotten better over time. Two part season finale is today, except it's not the end of the season. Guess this was the only time slot that worked.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Y-Hat posted:

Yeah, but don't let the word get out to them :ssh:

I'm sure that Aatrek or angerbot will intervene if things get out of hand.

Edit: I'll try to move the thread along from ponychat.

That'd be news to me.

So I'll help drag us away from Ponies with some STREET SHARKS!

The manliest kids show ever made.

And then some Japanese Spiderman

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 17:08 on May 2, 2011

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
This is proabably the best place to ask. What was that cartoon that was like C.S.I./ Law and Order except was about hall monitors in an elementary school. I've only seen it 2 or 3 times but they did an amazing "Silence of the Lambs" parody.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Dr_Amazing posted:

This is proabably the best place to ask. What was that cartoon that was like C.S.I./ Law and Order except was about hall monitors in an elementary school. I've only seen it 2 or 3 times but they did an amazing "Silence of the Lambs" parody.

Pretty sure it was Philmore.

Edit: It's Fillmore.

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 2, 2011

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

Y-Hat posted:

I don't remember what got cut from "Leap Frogs," but I can say that the Netflix version of "Road Rash" does have the cut scene at the motel, so who knows.

Weird. They kept the cut in "Hut Set Raw" where Rocko is picking berries, only to have a bear leap out of the bushes, wincing in pain and holding his crotch.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Dr_Amazing posted:

it was Fillmore, that show died far to early was really well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

The Croc posted:

it was Fillmore, that show died far to early was really well done.

On that note, I've been watching reruns of My Life as a Teenage Robot lately and have actually been pretty impressed so far. The art is interesting, the characters are entertaining (Jenny aside. She's kind of a whiny bitch), and it has some of the more interesting problem resolutions I've seen in kid's entertainment. My favorite being how they "fixed" Sheldon's 75 year long trek through space.

It's really depressing that they had to end it so prematurely. :/