Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyon.mid
Apr 19, 2006

There are worse things than realistic anime tits and Giger dicks. This is currently number 9 on the top 25 endorsed files in the last month:

quote:

This is a Playable Male Race of a Fat man. I made him for a Mod i am currently working on, but as there was a lot of call for a fat man for the game i decided to release him as a standalone.

code:
Known Issues or Bugs
====================
- Very limited selection of fat man clothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
brb, reinstalling for obese hobo lady killer/confirmed bachelor playthrough

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.

canyon.mid posted:

I see someone's made a comic book convention mod.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

canyon.mid posted:

How is this worse then anime tits and dicks...? Thats awesome. You know why? He doesn't have a raging boner coming out of both man-boobs. Nor is he anime. Nor is he poorly modeled like a 2 year old did it. Automatic A+ in this retarded modding community.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
Released the .22 SMG and Dead Money Police Pistol and updated my pack with these and the BAR I released back in February.

The police pistol turned out REALLY well if I may say so myself :science:

CaptainFuzychin
Aug 21, 2005
That is pretty ballin', sir.

Wong Dongson
Mar 26, 2010

More like Wrong Dongson am I right?

Get it?

Because I'm really fucking dumb and annoying and usually have no idea what the fuck I'm talk about.
Is that...Fat Lee?

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005
:bsg: Keep skipping. :awesomelon:

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007
Since the first Bozar link is hidden and the only other one I can find is some kind of hack job, I'll try modeling it next.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Check it out. It isn't perfect, but it doesn't use that goddamned lovely Barrett model like a lot of the Bozar mods seem to.
Sorry for the late reply, but this is hidden. I don't actually feel like I need the Bozar in the game though, just that it'd be cool if there was a decently made version of it.

E: Hey I guess Safety Hammer beat me to pointing this out, cool. Double cool for intending to model it.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I grabbed it before it became hidden. It was okay but wasn't all that special.

edit: I also got the Bren Gun re-animated using a more appropriate reloading animation and re-did the iron sighting so it actually is true iron sighting along with the Mateba Model 6 completely done. If we can retexture it, she's ready for release.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005
Someone send help, I just found the gayest mod ever for FONV... And I want to play it so bad it hurts: Fallout Heroes

Crawlius
Apr 28, 2011

Safety Hammer posted:

Since the first Bozar link is hidden and the only other one I can find is some kind of hack job, I'll try modeling it next.

Weird. Some guy in the comments downvoted his file, he insulted the downvoter, Buddah proceeded to permanently lock the comments thread. I guess the author got a little bit upset about that. Edit: Wait, no, he's actually hidden all of his files. Amazing.

Arenovalis posted:

Released the .22 SMG and Dead Money Police Pistol and updated my pack with these and the BAR I released back in February.

That is awesome.

Crawlius fucked around with this message at 01:06 on May 2, 2011

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Crawlius posted:

Weird. Some guy in the comments downvoted his file, he insulted the downvoter, Buddah proceeded to permanently lock the comments thread. I guess the author got a little bit upset about that. Edit: Wait, no, he's actually hidden all of his files. Amazing.

It's almost as if the entire Nexus wants to be mocked and derided.

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

"I wonder if there is beer on the sun."

Arenovalis posted:

Holy Jesus, that's beautiful. The barrel is a bit too small, but that's not a problem.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

canyon.mid posted:

Welp, I just finished off this project and now I know it's going to be used as a sex toy. Thanks, Nexus. Thexus.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory
drat it. I recently did a fresh reinstall of a bunch of mods after I had some serious issues and now although I can play fine, there's just one thing that's bothering me. Two weapons have the big red error mesh, the laser rifle and the Caravan Shotgun. The only mod I have that affects the shotgun is Arenovalis' retex, and I don't have one that affects the laser rifle as far as I know. What gives?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Nuclear Pogostick posted:

drat it. I recently did a fresh reinstall of a bunch of mods after I had some serious issues and now although I can play fine, there's just one thing that's bothering me. Two weapons have the big red error mesh, the laser rifle and the Caravan Shotgun. The only mod I have that affects the shotgun is Arenovalis' retex, and I don't have one that affects the laser rifle as far as I know. What gives?

What's your load order?

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

What's your load order?

Lemme grab it - stupid export to TXT does it alphabetically.

code:
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
Moddable Unique Weps.esm
Tales from the Burning Sands.esm
WARZONES - Misanthropy Pure.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
Lings.esm
Military Explansion Program.esm
CINEMATECH.esm
WARZONES - BonnieSprings Fix.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp
URWLNV.esp
Advanced Recon Gear.esp
Advanced Recon Armor.esp
MusicRecovery.esp
NV Companion Outfits Playable.esp
Blck_Fx NV-- Add Casque M1.esp
NCR Ranger Helmet Neck Cover.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
Lucky38MarkerV3.esp
AMRZoom.esp
JM1Garand4Loot.esp
Vault_34_better_reactor.esp
ERCA.esp
ERCA NCRSH.esp
I Put a Spell on You - Temporary Fix.esp
zmod_rep_items_armor_HeiGuiFixedArmor.esp
4570_for_sale.esp
gunrunner sells 4570.esp
CompanionInfAmmoOptional.esp
CompanionInfAmmoCheat.esp
RobCo Reflectron.esp
Ryl_VeronicaTweaks.esp
m1d.esp
LFox Invisible Armored Vests.esp
QS_Blackwolf_NV_Backpackmod.esp
MedGrass.esp
1stReconArmor_MedNonFaction.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
CompanionDisguises.esp
AutoRifleNewSounds.esp
ThisMachineGarandSounds.esp
CasualFollowers.esp
Leather Trench Coat NV v1.0.esp
W40KLasers.esp
w44Satchels - Full.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
NewVegasBountiesII.esp
imperial guard.esp
AEVegas.esp
The Black Armor.esp
As far as I know, not a single one of those changes Caravan Shotgun or Laser Rifle meshes - the Warhammer Lasrifles aren't replacers.

Nuclear Pogostick fucked around with this message at 08:22 on May 2, 2011

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid
Probably best to just open your load order in NVEdit and then go to the Shotgun/Rifle entry and see what, if anything, is editing them.

Should take barely five minutes.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

Offkorn posted:

Probably best to just open your load order in NVEdit and then go to the Shotgun/Rifle entry and see what, if anything, is editing them.

Should take barely five minutes.

I've never used NVedit, but I'll give it a shot.

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

What about the children foo'?
Seriously though, can someone help me out with my what appears to be the 'Blue' sky from Nevada Skies looks like this :

I've reinstalled all the files from the latest release of NS but it's still doing the same thing. Help?

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

I'm having trouble with a custom model in the GECK. It was a .3DS file imported correctly to Nifskope and then saved to my mod's directory, it displays properly in both but in the GECK all I get is this:

I've had no trouble with many retextures of existing meshes so I'm guessing it's something wrong with the mesh rather than the texture? Or maybe it's something awkward about importing entirely new models?

Anybody had this problem before and/or know how to fix it?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Mister Bung posted:

Seriously though, can someone help me out with my what appears to be the 'Blue' sky from Nevada Skies looks like this :

I've reinstalled all the files from the latest release of NS but it's still doing the same thing. Help?

PM the developer/ask on the official forums/ask on his comments page on nexus.

Although my guess is some sort of incompatibility with some other mod screwing up the weather. Try loading NS at the very last and if that doesn't work open up your entire load order in FNVEdit and see whats conflicting with the weather.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Cerebulon posted:

Anybody had this problem before and/or know how to fix it?
Weird. I've managed to crash the GECK with bad models or have them turn out invisible, but never had that error. Try uploading the file somewhere so we can have a poke at it?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Naky posted:

Why can't I? Someone hasn't seen what's in the past two builds. (Pistol whip style melee weapon)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzuh? And you got me there, I build a modlist and freeze it for an entire playthrough and I haven't finished my latest (sidetracked by Dead Money). I like it!

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 2, 2011

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*

Talkie Toaster posted:

Weird. I've managed to crash the GECK with bad models or have them turn out invisible, but never had that error. Try uploading the file somewhere so we can have a poke at it?

Some of the texture paths were all over the place because of my terrible organisation, but that had no effect. Admittedly it's a free model which I butchered and retextured, but didn't do anything drastic until I knew it was working, which it isn't.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27962901/DodgyLibertyModel.rar

Organised as it would be installed in the Fallout 3 directory. (The texture wouldn't be found otherwise I think?)

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens
It's using a NiNode, rather than a BSfadeNode (a sort of new version, used in the Fallout nifs), you can swap between the two with rightclick->block->convert. Some types of usage need NiNodes, some need fade nodes, and I can't remember which is which- it's easiest to check by opening a mesh of the type you're trying to make to check. Plus, it's using a TexturingProperty rather than a BSShaderPPLightingProperty for the texture, which suggests the import process did something a little wrong- it must've set it up as a Morrowind .nif or something. And there's a bunch of loose properties, but I don't think they impact anything.

You'd probably be better off taking the .obj, importing it into a 3d package like Blender that has Nif export scripts, and exporting it as a .nif from there as they have game setup options.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*

The scripts installer is claiming I don't have Blender, the .bat method doesn't seem to be fond of extracting all the files, and importing the .3DS file into Blender is resulting in absolutely nothing whatsoever happening.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens
Weird. I gave it a shot and the fixed version's here.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*

Thanks. I've no idea why the scripts won't install for me.
I'd just spent some time trying to fix up a higher quality model. With a great deal of trial and error I'd managed to make it a BSFadeNode and apply BSShaderPPLightingProperty and BSShaderTextureSet properties.
But it still didn't work, the only difference between the one I was using and a Bethesda-made Fallout model was that it used NiTriShapes rather than NiTriStrips and I can see no way to change one to the other.
Found the strippify option. Still nothing.

Back to the low poly one you fixed up for me I suppose. Could have it somewhere far away rather than right in your face baddie camp centrepiece. Cripes, it's maybe got enough polygons to be a souvenir at most.

Above is the fixed original, below is the one I've been trying to fix manually. The difference seems to be the values in the fixed one are marked with a 'txt' and come up with actual dialogues when double clicked. The ones in the new file just change to a text box where you can jam in any old crap.
Particularly the fact that the functional file's values have indexes.

Cerebulon fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 2, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Gimme the source files and original Bethesda files with textures and I'll give it a shot when I get home in a bit. If I can get original guns to work surely I can get a static to.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Cerebulon posted:

Above is the fixed original, below is the one I've been trying to fix manually. The difference seems to be the values in the fixed one are marked with a 'txt' and come up with actual dialogues when double clicked. The ones in the new file just change to a text box where you can jam in any old crap.
Particularly the fact that the functional file's values have indexes.
Yeah, that sounds like a version mismatch- the different nif file versions work slightly differently, one of the differences is which fields just store text on them, and which use a string map. Dunno if Nifskope is smart enough to figure it out, but perhaps if you try importing the .object into an existing Fallout New Vegas static, then delete the unwanted mesh, it'll put it in as the correct nif version?
Fake Edit: Welp took too long replying, Naky's fixing it. At least this is something to try if you need to do it in future.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*

Naky posted:

Gimme the source files and original Bethesda files with textures and I'll give it a shot when I get home in a bit. If I can get original guns to work surely I can get a static to.

Thanks for the help, both of you.
Well the latest non-functional .nif and its associated texture are here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27962901/Dodgerier.rar
I'm not sure what you mean by original Bethesda files though, since it's not a replacement for anything. Unless you need the .3DS or .OBJ for something?

Cerebulon fucked around with this message at 23:30 on May 2, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cerebulon posted:

Thanks for the help, both of you.
Well the latest non-functional .nif and its associated texture are here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27962901/Dodgerier.rar
I'm not sure what you mean by original Bethesda files though, since it's not a replacement for anything. Unless you need the .3DS or .OBJ for something?

The original .obj + texture file would be great. If it's just a static, I can use any stock NV static mesh to work with to replace with your model.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39519

"Better That Gun" - not to be confused with "A Better That Gun." This is just a really good retex to go with the new (official patched) stats that make it kick rear end now. (Not made by me, just thought I would share)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*

Naky posted:

The original .obj + texture file would be great. If it's just a static, I can use any stock NV static mesh to work with to replace with your model.

I've managed to get the NIF import/export scripts working with blender and exporting ends with instead with invisible meshes in the GECK. I've determined this to be caused by the lack of textures, but adding texture nodes directly in Nifskope doesn't apply them to the mesh.
I take it you have to apply the mesh in Blender, but doing that still exported a nif without BSShaderPPLightingProperty/BSShaderTextureSet branches. I would imagine I'm making a complete mess of it. I'm doing texture paint and UV/Image editor. The mesh goes vaguely the colour of the texture selected (Because the texture isn't made for the mesh at all and is stretched to hell) but the exported nif is still pure white untextured.

Here's the .3ds file and texture anyway: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27962901/Liberty3.rar
I did manage to fix part of the problem, which was that the decorative patterns around the torch were too high poly (The engine has some relatively low limit?) but it looks fine without it. (drat, I loaded the file up again and the wreath thing was back, but the problem is fairly obvious)
Ideally I had the torch and the rest of it exported separately, unsure whether to have it embedded in some unfortunate skyscraper or smaller chunks scattered around. If I'm not being too much of a massive pain in the arse.

Cerebulon fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 3, 2011

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jan 26, 2021

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Cerebulon posted:

The mesh goes vaguely the colour of the texture selected (Because the texture isn't made for the mesh at all and is stretched to hell) but the exported nif is still pure white untextured.
It doesn't have the materials set up properly, I think. You've got to set it up to use a UV-mapped texture. There's a rough guide below:

I forgot to point out you need to select tex->new texture before step 3, set texture type to image. Also, the texture you pick in step 4 can be pretty much anything (I just used a random picture I had lying around); it doesn't matter if it's not a valid image type, the mesh will export with the texture bits correctly (as long as you've UV-mapped it) and you can just reselect a texture in nifskope.

I have no idea how that'll interact with the texture painting and UV mapping you've already done, whether or not you can just export the texture or what, as the most complex thing I've worked on that wasn't already textured is a simple cylinder.

harrygomm posted:

Fake Edit: I've managed to change the FO3 script to the FNV one fine, but I'm not 100% sure the implementation is correct. The original tied to a copy of the starter outfit that was invisible and tracke dwhen it changed cells, incremented a value, then when a couple other conditions were met, ran PCB. The new version obviously runs every 10 minutes. So I'm wondering also if it is still necessary to tie the script to an invisible quest or if the script can be initialized in some other manner. The GECK tutorial on scripting was a bit barebones and I've not been able to find a good resource to consult on the matter elsewhere.
Scripts need to be attached to something to run, and an invisible quest is generally the most useful thing. Don't quite get what you mean by every 10 minutes, though?
You should be able to open a .esm/.esp file using the TESSnip feature of Fallout Mod Manager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cerebulon posted:

I've managed to get the NIF import/export scripts working with blender and exporting ends with instead with invisible meshes in the GECK. I've determined this to be caused by the lack of textures, but adding texture nodes directly in Nifskope doesn't apply them to the mesh.
I take it you have to apply the mesh in Blender, but doing that still exported a nif without BSShaderPPLightingProperty/BSShaderTextureSet branches. I would imagine I'm making a complete mess of it. I'm doing texture paint and UV/Image editor. The mesh goes vaguely the colour of the texture selected (Because the texture isn't made for the mesh at all and is stretched to hell) but the exported nif is still pure white untextured.

Here's the .3ds file and texture anyway: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27962901/Liberty3.rar
I did manage to fix part of the problem, which was that the decorative patterns around the torch were too high poly (The engine has some relatively low limit?) but it looks fine without it. (drat, I loaded the file up again and the wreath thing was back, but the problem is fairly obvious)
Ideally I had the torch and the rest of it exported separately, unsure whether to have it embedded in some unfortunate skyscraper or smaller chunks scattered around. If I'm not being too much of a massive pain in the arse.

I've got your mesh imported and textured properly, but I don't know enough about the physics data system to fix the havoc bounding boxes. I didn't bother adjusting anything like scales and such but I can give you what I got and maybe it's a start? I imported it into GECK successfully as a static and it seems to look fine in a test cell.