Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng
the crest looks alright?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Soup and a Sandwich posted:

the crest looks alright?

I read this description of the crest and when I read it, I felt a lot better about it.

quote:

ccording to ArsenalInsider.com, the 15 laurel leaves to the left side of the crest reflect the design detail on the reverse of the six pence pieces paid by 15 men to establish the club – the laurel leaves also represent strength. The 15 oak leaves to the right of the crest give a nod to the founders who, as you probably know, would meet in the Royal Oak pub. Underneath the crest is one of the first recorded mottos related to armament and battle – ‘Forward’.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Ka0 posted:

I like the lion, but then I'm pretty loving sick of minimalist kits.

Pretty much this. I like the Munchen one. I kind of like that pink Juve one. Hell I even don't hate Barca's new kit. Don't get me wrong, its one hell of a departure, but its got that sort of 80's Catalan beach vibe to it if that makes any sense. I've always been a fan of Marseille's kits as well.

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng
so yeah kit got released proper

judging by the supporter's clothing I'm thinking that dark blue/light blue horrorshow will be the away kit

good luck kitten
Aug 18, 2004

Tripping the light fantastic

judging by the supporter's clothing I'm thinking that dark blue/light blue horrorshow will be the away kit

the crest is just so :cry:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

kaldas posted:

the crest is just so :cry:

I honestly think the crest itself looks so good in plain white that the wreath doesn't bother me that much.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

It looks like a muted Ed Hardy shirt.

w00bi
Dec 11, 2004

Hhahahahahahahha those stripes...

Hhahahahahah

It must be a keeper kit, right? RIGHT?

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng
tiger stripes for tigers in goal bro.

tigers in goal.

w00bi
Dec 11, 2004

tiger stripes for tigers in goal bro.

tigers in goal.

Yeah that's true, I had forgotten that United/Arsenal already have the ridiculous stripes. I hope Adidas keeps to their whacky colors rather than whacky stripes.

hughsieblingwish
Sep 1, 2004

:love: Colly

hey guys, i need to buy a new kit for my indoor team. we dont want to throw down for the $$$ gear, is there a good website for quality knock offs?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://www.soccertriads.com

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Keeper kit looks much, much better than the designs Nike teams have had this year. Also Szczesny said on twitter that there won't be a pink one next season, so that's fantastic.

if you kind of squint on that scanned page, behind Song is somebody in what looks like the away. Looks dark blue. Oi.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

hughsieblingwish posted:

hey guys, i need to buy a new kit for my indoor team. we dont want to throw down for the $$$ gear, is there a good website for quality knock offs?

Theres quite a few websites where you can make your own kits that would probably cost less than even a knock off of a team strip.

Also dont run the risk of it getting grabbed by customs too.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

The crest looks terrible but that keepers kit....I actually like it.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
the wreath looks a little gawdy but i don't think the whole crest is too bad overall

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

hughsieblingwish posted:

Get a proper nike/adidas/umbro team kit one and look better like bhyo said

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Yeah don't be a oval office and play in a club's replica shirts, I hate seeing astro teams playing in loving Madrid or Barca kits. Just make your own.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
I'd quite Like to see some of the kits you guys play in by the way. Will try and get a pic of our work-five-a-side kit at some point.

hughsieblingwish
Sep 1, 2004

:love: Colly

irlZaphod posted:

Yeah don't be a oval office and play in a club's replica shirts, I hate seeing astro teams playing in loving Madrid or Barca kits. Just make your own.

get a grip, i did say indoor team. we play in a mixed sunday league, not some decent level amateur competition.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

The Flying Clog Wog posted:

I'd quite Like to see some of the kits you guys play in by the way. Will try and get a pic of our work-five-a-side kit at some point.

My team have a random assortment. 'Make sure they're mostly yellow' is about the closest we can get to unity.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

The Flying Clog Wog posted:

Old t-shirts with smelly bibs over.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past

euroboy posted:

Old t-shirts with smelly bibs over.

I guess ours are actually quite nice - black and grey with a green logo on the front.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

hughsieblingwish posted:

get a grip, i did say indoor team. we play in a mixed sunday league, not some decent level amateur competition.

Depedent on the number of people in your squad, it really could be cheap/ as cheap getting ones where you can design your own logo/ get some sort of sponsorship than getting all replicas. Bonus points if you can get your favourite bar/pub to do it

Stim
Sep 6, 2006

We are not feeling edgy; the system is feeling nervous.

:gonk:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Stim posted:

I like it.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Stim posted:

Needs more stripes.

Stim
Sep 6, 2006

We are not feeling edgy; the system is feeling nervous.
There are a lot of older kits with the stripes like that. It doesn't look so bad on those but they stick to black and red with white for the sponsor. Needs less white.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I like the Milan kit a lot

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Stim posted:

There are a lot of older kits with the stripes like that. It doesn't look so bad on those but they stick to black and red with white for the sponsor. Needs less white.

If the stripes went all the way down the side instead of in that shape they are it'd be better. Lots of white, but it's not so bad. I wonder what the away and third are like.

I think the kit from 3 seasons ago had that same stripe pattern, where it sort of tapers at the bottom of the shirt.

e: Just noticed the little green and white stripe on the far side, it's clearly supposed to be the Italian flag but without the red actually delineated it looks off. That's annoying.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 15:52 on May 2, 2011

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
That Milan Kit looks like Arsenal's kit of last year only Milan stripes. Not bad overall, honestly though last years Milan kits were some of the best i've ever seen. Especially that 3rd kit black with red stripes.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Scrunched my face up when I saw it, but I actually kinda like it.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Stim posted:

So ... many ... stripes...

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

azathosk posted:

So ... many ... stripes...

Your avatar fits surprisingly well here.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
i really like that ac milan kit.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

I like how the keeper kits are slowly edging back towards the garish 90s style kits.

In other news, are quoted pictures not loading for anyone else?

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

want to see this again so much

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

thehappyprince posted:

In other news, are quoted pictures not loading for anyone else?

Yeah, I seem to get that about 2/3 of the time but the Milan jersey pics etc seemed to show up for me

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Couch posted:

I would love that in white to be our kit next year.

I might break a limb running to order it if that's the case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Llyr
Mar 24, 2010

Music is the best
Dumb question here, Do all teams redesign their jerseys every year?