Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Kelly posted:

Is the show live today? Nick DiPaolo is in studio right now - is this from yesterday?

Edit: Nevermind - the show is just starting 20 minutes late, according to the online stream at least!

Okay, it looks like the online stream is not working. Anyone else having problems? It picks up on yesterday's replay, when Hanzi is on the phone. It cuts out to the John the Stutter song that was in today's intro, then it cuts out with the "Data stream has been lost" message. When it picks back up, it is at the exact same spot - when Hanzi is yelling at Nick DiPaolo. This has happened four or five times in a row.

Yup this happened to me as well. I'll chalk it up to the channel updates, but still, was very annoying. I had to switch to the online player which is literally the worst interface I've ever used on a computer. Ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

burmart posted:

As an online only subscriber, I'm gone if they raise my rate at all. There are plenty of Podcasts that I enjoy that will get me through the day.

gently caress Mel. gently caress Sirius. I wish XM won the merger.

If you call and bitch and threaten to cancel they'll usually lower your rate. However, it's usually only for 6 months to a year, so you have to keep calling so they don't raise your rate back up. Not sure if that is worth it for everyone.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

an adult beverage posted:

If you call and bitch and threaten to cancel they'll usually lower your rate. However, it's usually only for 6 months to a year, so you have to keep calling so they don't raise your rate back up. Not sure if that is worth it for everyone.

Nah, with Howard going to three days a week regularly soon, Opie and Anthony being horrible with politics and racism lately, and Ron and Fez alternating between complete genius and annoying, I'll just cancel.

If I hear of a particularly good episode of Ron and Fez, I'll just download it from Audible. Stern's best bits eventually wind up at youtube.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I've been trying hard to listen to Ellis, but I can't get into it.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

FogHelmut posted:

I've been trying hard to listen to Ellis, but I can't get into it.

I have about a 30 minute window with Ellis. After that, I really cant take him much longer.

Honestly, the best morning radio out there right now are all podcasts.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Holy poo poo what? Howard is going to be on less AND rates are going up? gently caress that.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Ya know, I never actually SAW Beth O's weddings dress.

http://www.examiner.com/howard-stern-in-national/wedding-dress-wars-beth-o-vs-kate-middleton-picture

Not bad. I still feel like her posed smiles are SCARY, though. She tends to look a lot more natural (and a lot hotter) in the candid pics. I guess the smile is part of the whole Bent-Knee Syndrome.

As for this morning, wow, Depace with the birther poo poo. AGAIN. That is hard to take first thing in the morning at 6 AM. Nice to hear Howard riled up about something, though.

I also found Jesse the bike builder interesting... the whole thing about false accusations ruining his football career. Ouch. :(

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Squashy Nipples posted:

Ya know, I never actually SAW Beth O's weddings dress.

http://www.examiner.com/howard-stern-in-national/wedding-dress-wars-beth-o-vs-kate-middleton-picture

Not bad. I still feel like her posed smiles are SCARY, though. She tends to look a lot more natural (and a lot hotter) in the candid pics. I guess the smile is part of the whole Bent-Knee Syndrome.

As for this morning, wow, Depace with the birther poo poo. AGAIN. That is hard to take first thing in the morning at 6 AM. Nice to hear Howard riled up about something, though.

I also found Jesse the bike builder interesting... the whole thing about false accusations ruining his football career. Ouch. :(

Is her knee bent under the dress?

barakus
Aug 4, 2005

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Wasn't he the guy who called out Kathleen Turner during The Graduate on Broadway?

That was Paul Mecurio.

Warning, O&A content: Kathleen, put your goddamn clothes back on!

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
The app has been losing its data stream and restarting in the SAME place over and over for the last week. It's been unusable today.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Kelly posted:

Is the show live today? Nick DiPaolo is in studio right now - is this from yesterday?

Edit: Nevermind - the show is just starting 20 minutes late, according to the online stream at least!

Okay, it looks like the online stream is not working. Anyone else having problems? It picks up on yesterday's replay, when Hanzi is on the phone. It cuts out to the John the Stutter song that was in today's intro, then it cuts out with the "Data stream has been lost" message. When it picks back up, it is at the exact same spot - when Hanzi is yelling at Nick DiPaolo. This has happened four or five times in a row.

The app is completely hosed right now. The 100 button is completely blank and if I tap it, it just buffers endlessly.

Also screw Mel for raising rates. Service loving sucks and they're raising rates. Foes he really think he can keep people? Satellite radio isn't cable, there are actually plenty of other viable options for in car audio.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Glumwheels posted:

The app is completely hosed right now. The 100 button is completely blank and if I tap it, it just buffers endlessly.

Also screw Mel for raising rates. Service loving sucks and they're raising rates. Foes he really think he can keep people? Satellite radio isn't cable, there are actually plenty of other viable options for in car audio.

I am having the same problem. I gave up and switched over to Pandora. I sent Sirius a nasty tweet - that'll show 'em!

I have been having this problem all week though.

hypersober
Mar 27, 2006

burmart posted:

As an online only subscriber, I'm gone if they raise my rate at all. There are plenty of Podcasts that I enjoy that will get me through the day.

gently caress Mel. gently caress Sirius. I wish XM won the merger.

I've been listening to the earlier shows when Howard talked about the merger. Howard kept mentioning that if the SEC would let the merger go through, Mel would be able to lower the rates. lol

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

After spending 30 minutes on hold, I cancelled my account today. Thankfully the card they used for auto billing is expired, so they can't extract more money from me if they tried.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Joe Don Baker posted:

After spending 30 minutes on hold, I cancelled my account today. Thankfully the card they used for auto billing is expired, so they can't extract more money from me if they tried.

I just had a stupid radio installed in my car so I am not there yet. :( I knew when I was doing it I shouldn't have, but I did it anyway.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I'm going to hang on to my Sirius unit. Who knows maybe they'll add something to add more value to it.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

"musclecoder" posted:

Yup this happened to me as well. I'll chalk it up to the channel updates, but still, was very annoying. I had to switch to the online player which is literally the worst interface I've ever used on a computer. Ever.

Download the XM Tuner application, it's free and that's all I ever use on my laptop now. The sirius website player is beyond awful.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Joe Don Baker posted:

I'm going to hang on to my Sirius unit. Who knows maybe they'll add something to add more value to it.

Did they do anything to try and keep you? I've cancelled other units, mostly because they were broken or I got a new one or something and no matter what I say for the reason, they try to talk me into keeping the other one. I don't even think they listen to the reason.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Kelly posted:

Did they do anything to try and keep you? I've cancelled other units, mostly because they were broken or I got a new one or something and no matter what I say for the reason, they try to talk me into keeping the other one. I don't even think they listen to the reason.

First they offered me 1 year at half off and then 5 months for $25. They did ask why I cancelled. I told them because of Howard's shortened work week and the rate hike.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
This is the worst week of this show I have ever heard. What the gently caress? You'd think after a week off they'd have *something* lined up that is interesting. The guests are a bore, the conversation is a bore, and the topics are "access hollywood" worthy.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

This is the worst week of this show I have ever heard. What the gently caress? You'd think after a week off they'd have *something* lined up that is interesting. The guests are a bore, the conversation is a bore, and the topics are "access hollywood" worthy.

Yeah, but lots of OBL talk first thing in the morning... When big news events occur, I make sure I'm up early at 6:00 AM to hear Howard's thoughts. Specially since 9/11

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Are they off tomorrow?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I thought Jesse James sounded like a real douche this morning. "I took all of that, and I took it on the chin LIKE A MAN"

Yes! You took responsibility for a situation which you created. Congrats, you're a grown man.

Seriously though, had he gone left instead of right, he'd be that jock from your high school that you still hate for beating you up back in the day.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
How was Stanhope?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

-Atom- posted:

How was Stanhope?

It was "Oh wow, Bingo sure is wacky!" I'm not even sure Stanhope said anything the whole time.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
DePace is such a dipshit.

Howard absolutely killed it when he walked him into the "Do you believe in god?" trap.

121 IQ is apparently still pretty retarded because a 10 year old would have seen that one coming.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yeah, but lots of OBL talk first thing in the morning... When big news events occur, I make sure I'm up early at 6:00 AM to hear Howard's thoughts. Specially since 9/11

I hope they actually do make a recreation of the Bin Laden operation for HTV.

They don't even need to bother with getting pseudo-celebs. Just slap a turban onto Ronnie and they're gold. They can even use his underage girlfriend to really capture the creep factor.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

Ether Frenzy posted:

DePace is such a dipshit.

Howard absolutely killed it when he walked him into the "Do you believe in god?" trap.

121 IQ is apparently still pretty retarded because a 10 year old would have seen that one coming.

I have no idea how that guy has a 121 IQ. His politics don't even bother me that much, the problem is whenever he gets in an argument with someone he has no logical reason to think the way he does. His arguments are just insane. I have to imagine he's just trolling everyone, or the IQ test is bullshit.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Streebs posted:

I have no idea how that guy has a 121 IQ. His politics don't even bother me that much, the problem is whenever he gets in an argument with someone he has no logical reason to think the way he does. His arguments are just insane. I have to imagine he's just trolling everyone, or the IQ test is bullshit.

I didn't listen to that yet, but a lot of times people will misrepresent their IQ. Usually the only valid IQ test you have to pay money for and be administered by a clinical psychologist. Any other "IQ Test" such as online or elsewhere is usually bullshit.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I am proof positive that a high IQ doesn't mean much. I have massive spatial reasoning problems (and was diagnosed as such when I was as kid) and yet, I have a high IQ. It means nothing.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
It typically just shows a capacity, not a ceiling, for general intelligence and learning. Having an IQ of 90 doesn't mean you're doomed to some low level menial work nor does an IQ of 160 mean people are just going to hand you a degree based on that fact.

therapy
Jun 12, 2001

Living the dream

Kelly posted:

I am proof positive that a high IQ doesn't mean much. I have massive spatial reasoning problems (and was diagnosed as such when I was as kid) and yet, I have a high IQ. It means nothing.

What are "massive spatial reasoning problems"? Can you give an example?

Also - for show specific talk, I sure am getting loving tired of Robin interrupting interviews. Today she butted in on Jesse James about the stupidest loving poo poo constantly.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

therapy posted:

Sounds like a fancy way of saying, "I have a horrible sense of direction." :)

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

therapy posted:

Also - for show specific talk, I sure am getting loving tired of Robin interrupting interviews. Today she butted in on Jesse James about the stupidest loving poo poo constantly.

I have a real problem conceptualizing things - math for example is absolutely impossible for me to the point that I have trouble doing simple math in my head. I can't add and carry numbers, for example. It is actually really embarrassing.

I got tested when I was a kid and just never, ever got past it. No amount of tutoring or working with the comp ed teachers helped.

Regarding Robin, she jumped in at one point during the interview with him and I actually told my radio to shut up.

Joe Don Baker posted:

Sounds like a fancy way of saying, "I have a horrible sense of direction." :)

Ha - women be askin' directions!

I was actually afraid when I took my SATs I wasn't going to score high enough on the math to be eligible for college sports.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 21:16 on May 4, 2011

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Kelly posted:

Ha - women be askin' directions!

I have a terrible sense of direction, so I wasn't attempting to make a sexist joke. Sorry.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Joe Don Baker posted:

I have a terrible sense of direction, so I wasn't attempting to make a sexist joke. Sorry.

Oh, don't worry. I wasn't offended at all - I was making a joke back at your joke. I am in the Howard Stern thread and I expect there to be a little sexist humor sprinkled about. :)

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Kelly posted:

Oh, don't worry. I wasn't offended at all - I was making a joke back at your joke. I am in the Howard Stern thread and I expect there to be a little sexist humor sprinkled about. :)

Good that's settled. Now take of your shirt so we can see what's doing.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Vakal posted:

T-O-P-L-E-S-S.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

Vakal posted:

T O P L E S S topless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Kelly posted:

Hi, this is Joe Don Baker.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 4, 2011