Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is it bad that I get mad whenever I see a new Rifftrax sample appear...only to see in the text "Rifftrax Presents". I have only bought two of them, and those were the ones with just Kevin and Bill in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BloodDesk UnderHell
Sep 24, 2007

Wow! He licks good boot!

HypnoCabbage posted:

Yeah, like Dave Kehr said about Lost Skeleton of Cadavra, the strange thing about camp is that you can't make it, you have to find it. It's basically a carefully balanced mixture of sincerity and weirdness; not enough of one or the other and it doesn't work.
That's the best part of The Room, honestly; it makes tons of odd decisions, but it commits to them, and it's entirely earnest about it.

I loved that movie. But I do agree a bit. There was that scene where the aliens shoved their faces into their food, for example. It was more of a sitcom gag instead of a sly joke about 50s b-movies.

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

I'll meet you in Meereen,
we'll grub out.

Rirse posted:

Is it bad that I get mad whenever I see a new Rifftrax sample appear...only to see in the text "Rifftrax Presents". I have only bought two of them, and those were the ones with just Kevin and Bill in it.

I thought Tron was ok

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Speaking of Rifftrax Presents, Jurassic Park III is now available with Matthew J. Elliot.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mister Kingdom posted:

Speaking of Rifftrax Presents, Jurassic Park III is now available with Matthew J. Elliot.

I'm pretty sure that's what people were referring to when they started talking about Rifftrax Presents, because the preview is just so bland and uninteresting.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Rirse posted:

It always seemed a bit unfair that Kevin and Bill without Mike have to go under the "Presents" label, while Mike alone or with celebrity guests gets Rifftrax proper. Yeah, Mike started the thing but at this point Kevin and Bill are key parts of the whole endeavor. They shouldn't be shunted into the fan riff ghetto.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

How's the Wrath of Khan riff?

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

TequilaJesus posted:

I liked it. Some of the predictable Star Trek jokes are kind of grating, but it was much better than I expected.

Universe Master posted:

It always seemed a bit unfair that Kevin and Bill without Mike have to go under the "Presents" label, while Mike alone or with celebrity guests gets Rifftrax proper. Yeah, Mike started the thing but at this point Kevin and Bill are key parts of the whole endeavor. They shouldn't be shunted into the fan riff ghetto.

Wow, I didn't even know these existed. Can anyone recommend a Kevin + Bill riff? Those fan Star Trek things look interesting...

bobservo fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 16, 2011

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

bobservo posted:

I liked it. Some of the predictable Star Trek jokes are kind of grating, but it was much better than I expected.

Wow, I didn't even know these existed. Can anyone recommend a Kevin + Bill riff? Those fan Star Trek things look interesting...

Saw was good, but you could tell they were really uncomfortable doing it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Click the "?" under my name.

There you will see approximately 4,000 recommendations for The Day After Tomorrow.

Because it is the BEST riff. There is no discussion here. :colbert:

Also, Alien and Saw are pretty good, too.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

TequilaJesus posted:

The day it came out, I spent 7 hours mashing F5 on their website waiting to buy it. Four days later, I still haven't gotten around to watching it. I have this Netflix DVD just sitting here in the package.

Oh well, as soon as I'm done marathoning Justified I'll get around to it.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

CHARONS BOAT RIDER posted:

Saw was good, but you could tell they were really uncomfortable doing it.
What do you mean by uncomfortable?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I believe afterward they said "it was really disturbing trying to riff that movie, we won't be doing any more Saw riffs" or something like that.

Can't say I blame them.

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm pretty sure that's what people were referring to when they started talking about Rifftrax Presents, because the preview is just so bland and uninteresting.

I really like the Riffrax Presents riffs with Cole Stratton and Janet Varney that I've seen.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Captain Invictus posted:

I believe afterward they said "it was really disturbing trying to riff that movie, we won't be doing any more Saw riffs" or something like that.

Can't say I blame them.

That is disappointing, I would like them to riff more horror movies. I thought the grudge was one of their funniest riff.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The Grudge is comical and ridiculous.

Saw is not at all, it's just completely uncomfortable.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

IShallRiseAgain posted:

That is disappointing, I would like them to riff more horror movies. I thought the grudge was one of their funniest riff.

It's probably hard to joke about scenes of strong torture and violence. Although I would love to see a Riff of I Know Who Killed Me.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The new Mortal Kombat game just came out so me and some other guys finished up our iRiff on Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins. It's a lovely animated movie they released on VHS for free rentals at video stores to promote the then-upcoming MK movie back in the 90's. It's 40 minutes long with terrible, repeated 2D animation and even worse 3D animation during Raiden's flashbacks for starters.

We're charging a buck for the mp3, but to hell with it. Here's the whole thing for you.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
My god I watched that when I was a kid. I remember wondering why they repeated the animation of Baraka's running over and over again.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
Figured I post here because I love MST3K and I love microtransactions so I have seen most of Rifftrax's shorts and a great bit of film commentaries (they tore apart Highlander brilliantly and it's one of my favorite movies despite the sequels and spinoffs) and it's the only way I have watched The Happening, The Room, and Birdemic.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I watched the riff for Jurassic Park III. It wasn't one of Elliott's best efforts, but I blame it on bad source material. That movie was awful.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

I watched the riff for Jurassic Park III. It wasn't one of Elliott's best efforts, but I blame it on bad source material. That movie was awful.

I haven't seen II or III since they were in the theaters, but I remember Lost World being a lot dumber than III.

I mean, sure, III had 'communicate with raptors via conch', but II had 'defeat raptor via gymnastics' and a bunch of protagonists that constantly made the situation worse.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Gavok posted:

The new Mortal Kombat game just came out so me and some other guys finished up our iRiff on Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins. It's a lovely animated movie they released on VHS for free rentals at video stores to promote the then-upcoming MK movie back in the 90's. It's 40 minutes long with terrible, repeated 2D animation and even worse 3D animation during Raiden's flashbacks for starters.

We're charging a buck for the mp3, but to hell with it. Here's the whole thing for you.

I'd love to hear a rifftrax of Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bobulus posted:

I haven't seen II or III since they were in the theaters, but I remember Lost World being a lot dumber than III.

I mean, sure, III had 'communicate with raptors via conch', but II had 'defeat raptor via gymnastics' and a bunch of protagonists that constantly made the situation worse.

But it DID have T-Rex Loose In Suburbia. Which redeems it in my eyes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's a new short about Kangaroos and despite supposedly being an educational short it makes a really bizarre claim about the reason there aren't any Kangaroos in America is because they were all eaten by wild lions. Yeah...

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I got the email today that I can download the Rifftrax Player beta for the Mac. I'll have to try that out, I can't imagine the shock my DVD drive will have from being used.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
It's been too long since I bought any Shorts, so I went ahead and bought the last 10 or 11 that came out. I think I'll be pleased.

Alucardd
Aug 1, 2006
Not only is Reefer Madness and House on Haunted Hill finally coming out, they will also be on Blu-ray on May 17!
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s..._Announced/6808

quote:

A double dose of Rifftrax hilarity is in the works for high-definition in May!

In an announcement to retailers, Legend will be releasing 'Rifftrax Live! Reefer Madness' and 'Rifftrax Live! House on Haunted Hill' on Blu-ray on May 17.

Michael J. Nelson, Kevin Murphy, and Bill Corbett from 'Mystery Science Theater 3000' fame are back in these two Rifftrax Live! Blu-ray releases riffed live from San Diego/Nashville 2010 and beamed to over 450 theaters nationwide!

Specs and supplements have yet to be revealed, but suggested list price for the Blu-rays is $16.95.

You can find the latest specs for 'Rifftrax Live! Reefer Madness' and 'Rifftrax Live! House on Haunted Hill' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where they're indexed under May 17.

Took them long enough.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Alucardd posted:

Not only is Reefer Madness and House on Haunted Hill finally coming out, they will also be on Blu-ray on May 17!
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s..._Announced/6808

Took them long enough.

Buying both of them on Bluray as soon as they have an order page. I can't wait, I've been waiting for them to come out for a while.

WHAT AM I?

EDIT: Found some Amazon links for them, and they're $11.99 for each bluray disk. That's a ridiculously nice price.
Refeer Madness Bluray on Amazon
House On Haunted Hill Bluray on Amazon

Oddly enough, the DVDs are more expensive, at $14.95 each. Odd, so I'm pre-ordering the blurays right now. Here's the link for the DVDs though:
Reefer Madness DVD on Amazon
House On Haunted Hill DVD on Amazon

IUG fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 29, 2011

Alucardd
Aug 1, 2006
Looks like they are both up on Amazon for preorder:

Reefer Madness: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B004Y2SDR2/
House on Haunted Hill: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B004Y2SDPO/

Moscow Mule
Dec 21, 2004

Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.
gently caress yeah we're gonna find out if corn is grass (just kidding we'll never know.)

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
I'm watching The Being On Time Game short and holy poo poo, I think the old man who plays Mr. Mac is Hal Smith, the guy who played Otis from The Andy Griffith Show. Maybe there will be credits at the end of this.

edit: damnit Mike, don't say "rule 34" :mad:

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
Nice to see the live shows coming out on Blu-Ray (Oh, What fresh hell is this?), but does anyone know if they'll ever have more live shows? Those are exceptionally fun.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wow, the new Rifftrax Shorts look to be a good one. The logo is pretty drat creepy and the sample has bizarre cartoon hobos teleporting around.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rirse posted:

Wow, the new Rifftrax Shorts look to be a good one. The logo is pretty drat creepy and the sample has bizarre cartoon hobos teleporting around.

I just got done watching it and yeah, its one of the weirder ones.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Star Wars riffs on sale today. May the 4th be with you and all that.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

This could be interesting.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

IUG posted:

That could be really funny. I love Norm's comedy and delivery style.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

IUG posted:

He'd probably say "crack whore." Then after that, hopefully "yes." He'd be pretty perfect for a riff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Faggot
Jun 11, 2009
Thanks for inviting me to the, er, Fake Movie Show there.

• Locked thread