Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Sorry for jumping in with what might be a dumb question, but I've recently had a computer kerfluffle which warranted a formatting of my hard drive, and now I can't remember what mods I installed for NV :downs: Can anyone recommend some mods compatible with Dead Money? Most important (for me, anyway) are the mods that remove the godawful yellow tint on everything, as well as the Dark Mercenary gear (because when retrxtured to look like an NCR Ranger's gear, it looks awesome :colbert: ).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Awww, I'm running a few hundred posts behind, but it looks like the Mole Rat Boobs (and the followup Gecko Dicks) mods have been nuked from nexus? Anyone got 'em handy elsewhere, because I want to be a horrible rear end in a top hat without being a *creepy* horrible rear end in a top hat...

Uh, that didn't come out quite like I meant it to. :ohdear:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I never finished the Gecko Dick mod. Yet.

Also, you're weird.

Extract it to your Data folder.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

Sorry for jumping in with what might be a dumb question, but I've recently had a computer kerfluffle which warranted a formatting of my hard drive, and now I can't remember what mods I installed for NV :downs: Can anyone recommend some mods compatible with Dead Money? Most important (for me, anyway) are the mods that remove the godawful yellow tint on everything, as well as the Dark Mercenary gear (because when retrxtured to look like an NCR Ranger's gear, it looks awesome :colbert: ).

Definitely get Arenovalis' retexture pack. Also, if you don't mind some immersion breaking, The Armory by Naky is great, with v2 coming out sometime soon. I think the link for that is in the OP. WMX is a popular mod that adds more weapon mods into the game while WME is an alternative, which accomplishes almost the same thing with slight variations so it's really a matter of personal taste between which you use. I can't say much for overhauls, as I don't play with them, but XFO seems to be rather popular as it was made by the guy(s?) who made FWE for Fallout 3. Project Nevada isn't half bad as it combines some of the more popular game tweaks and combines them together. Plus, it has a separate module with cybernetic enhancements.

Of course, I don't know what you have installed and what you haven't, so I'm just throwing all this out there. :shobon:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Captain McStabbin posted:

Also, if you don't mind some immersion breaking, The Armory by Naky is great, with v2 coming out sometime soon.

It's coming so goddamned soon, I promise. I've got two issues left to resolve concerning two new throwing weapons, two guns to add out of boredom while Anime Schoolgirl recovers from his illness and then it's time to get this bitch out once the balance adjustments, leveled list updates, repair lists, etc get updated.

I promise it's worth the wait =\ If I can get it out by the time the new DLC gets out, I'll be happier than a pig in poo poo.

edit: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21453599/test.7z - cerebulon, there's the test nif with your mesh inside it and with the texture data applied. You can use this nif file and fix the physics or copy and paste them individually to other nifs you want to use, like say sticking out of a building, or a pile of existing rubble. Note though that you will have to change the texture path to your mod's installation path instead of the one I have set in a test environment. Do that by going to the BSShader node of each piece, expanding the inner node for it and clicking on the purple flower icon next to the path that's already set. Hopefully it works for you? If not, I can try again but like I said, it imported in GECK fine and error free for me and looked fine in the test cell.

Naky fucked around with this message at 05:58 on May 4, 2011

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Definitely get Arenovalis' retexture pack. Also, if you don't mind some immersion breaking, The Armory by Naky is great, with v2 coming out sometime soon. I think the link for that is in the OP. WMX is a popular mod that adds more weapon mods into the game while WME is an alternative, which accomplishes almost the same thing with slight variations so it's really a matter of personal taste between which you use. I can't say much for overhauls, as I don't play with them, but XFO seems to be rather popular as it was made by the guy(s?) who made FWE for Fallout 3. Project Nevada isn't half bad as it combines some of the more popular game tweaks and combines them together. Plus, it has a separate module with cybernetic enhancements.

Thanks, Cap! I'll install all this as soon as I get home.

Of course, I don't know what you have installed and what you haven't, so I'm just throwing all this out there. :shobon:

Hah, if I knew I wouldn't be here :downs:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Man I can only hope he does the brush gun and trail carbine some time. After his work on the cowboy repeater it's painful to go to the bigger lever actions :(

BrainGlitch
Jan 14, 2007

Good sir, you can't pay me enough to go to France while our countries are at war!

Capn Beeb posted:

Man I can only hope he does the brush gun and trail carbine some time. After his work on the cowboy repeater it's painful to go to the bigger lever actions :(

Well, there are some nice Winchesters in the armory pack. :wink:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

BrainGlitch posted:

Well, there are some nice Winchesters in the armory pack. :wink:

Got any screens?

Also I can't console this to myself for some drat reason:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41495

Can any of you? I'm using the formID FNVEdit gives me.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

CommissarMega posted:

One feature the Nexus has is a list of your downloaded mods. Unfortunately if you want more than the most recent ten or so you have to actually pay them :downs:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Chronojam posted:

One feature the Nexus has is a list of your downloaded mods. Unfortunately if you want more than the most recent ten or so you have to actually pay them :downs:

I did not know this- thanks! I'll peruse this before I download the other stuff.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

Started on this.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You
^^^ :fap:

Goddamn. It just gets better and better.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Fuuuuuck yes

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

Naky posted:

It's coming so goddamned soon, I promise. I've got two issues left to resolve concerning two new throwing weapons, two guns to add out of boredom while Anime Schoolgirl recovers from his illness and then it's time to get this bitch out once the balance adjustments, leveled list updates, repair lists, etc get updated.

I promise it's worth the wait =\ If I can get it out by the time the new DLC gets out, I'll be happier than a pig in poo poo.

edit: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21453599/test.7z - cerebulon, there's the test nif with your mesh inside it and with the texture data applied. You can use this nif file and fix the physics or copy and paste them individually to other nifs you want to use, like say sticking out of a building, or a pile of existing rubble. Note though that you will have to change the texture path to your mod's installation path instead of the one I have set in a test environment. Do that by going to the BSShader node of each piece, expanding the inner node for it and clicking on the purple flower icon next to the path that's already set. Hopefully it works for you? If not, I can try again but like I said, it imported in GECK fine and error free for me and looked fine in the test cell.

Thanks, I should be alright from here. I've actually got some experience doing things in Nifskope while I was completely clueless in every way with Blender.

Not-An-Edit:
Spoke too soon. I know they say... All sorts about Lady Liberty's torch, but I don't think it's known for causing the sun to supernova.

While the exterior lighting in the GECK isn't exactly renouned for its accuracy, something's wrong here.
What stupid thing am I forgetting this time?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I just got this on PC after having it on 360 for a while, but it seems like the link to the Armory download on the website linked in the OP is broken. Are there any mirrors?

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jan 26, 2021

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

FNVEdit is really useful for all those things.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Mr E posted:

I just got this on PC after having it on 360 for a while, but it seems like the link to the Armory download on the website linked in the OP is broken. Are there any mirrors?

1.5 is linked on a front page news post on samods.org where I thought the link was pointing too... unless it's broken there. I can look at it when I get home.

In the meantime, this fomod or this 7zip should work. Hope this works since I'm on my phone.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Cerebulon posted:

While the exterior lighting in the GECK isn't exactly renouned for its accuracy, something's wrong here.
Could be the alpha channel of the normal map texture, which is I believe the specular map. Try significantly darkening it.

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

"I wonder if there is beer on the sun."
Is XFO compatible with Project Nevada? I would like to have the AI revamps from XFO while also having the core module from Project Nevada. Is that possible?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Naky posted:

1.5 is linked on a front page news post on samods.org where I thought the link was pointing too... unless it's broken there. I can look at it when I get home.

In the meantime, this fomod or this 7zip should work. Hope this works since I'm on my phone.

Thanks, those links worked great.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*

Talkie Toaster posted:

Could be the alpha channel of the normal map texture, which is I believe the specular map. Try significantly darkening it.

As far as I know the model doesn't have a normal map? Isn't it usually defined in Nifskope by the second 'texture' down in the BSShaderTextureSet?
I'll take a wild guess at it being another thing that's done in Blender somehow.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

Released the Riot Shotgun. That Gun will be up next :D

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41660

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

Arenovalis posted:

Oh lord, godspeed on That Gun, I've been holding off on getting a texture pack for it just for you to finish your own. :f5:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Arenovalis posted:

Oh hell ye-

Nexus posted:

Note: This will NOT work with any mods that alter the Riot Shotgun mesh without a compatibility patch, due to a layout change! In practice, this means it will look wrong with WMX/WME until appropriate patches are made by the authors.

:negative:

Can't wait for That Gun.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Yess I have been waiting for That Gun for thousands of years (I'm a lich irl)

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Cerebulon posted:

Thanks, I should be alright from here. I've actually got some experience doing things in Nifskope while I was completely clueless in every way with Blender.

Not-An-Edit:
Spoke too soon. I know they say... All sorts about Lady Liberty's torch, but I don't think it's known for causing the sun to supernova.

Have you tried actually looking at it in-game? I've had stuff be awful/not-working in the GECK and be normal in-game.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*

The lighting is still pretty bad in-game, maybe less so but definitely glaringly bright. That and the model has a tendency to disappear at certain angles.
I made a quick video because it would be hard to describe with screenshots:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRbh4u0npOA
The sky and background are buggered because I'm yet to generate LOD.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cerebulon posted:

The lighting is still pretty bad in-game, maybe less so but definitely glaringly bright. That and the model has a tendency to disappear at certain angles.
I made a quick video because it would be hard to describe with screenshots:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRbh4u0npOA
The sky and background are buggered because I'm yet to generate LOD.

I opened up your .3ds file just now and maybe it's the conversion Lightwave did, but your model isn't UV mapped so I did a quick atlas unwrap as a test. The diffuse was also set to 0 while luminosity was set to 100, so I set the diffuse to 100. I did another quick export and import into the test nif for you to check out since I don't have time to test it - seems to look a lot better now. Before I though it was the texture being bland but now there's actual detail to it in nifskope.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21453599/test.7z

I think this should work. If you need it in pieces again, I can do that for you as well, but let's just test this one first.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*

Seems much better now, it stay visible at any angle or distance, it's not the leading cause of blindness in the state of New York and the texture is visible.

Only problem now is that the texture is pretty sharp on some parts. Ideally it would be in parts since I may or may not only use the arm and torch or just the head.
Oh and I was planning on having a different texture (likely the same one, only golder) on the flame.

Thanks tons for all the help, hopefully I'll be able to stop bothering the thread for everything model related and stick to things which can be achieved purely in Nifskope after this greenish pest is dealt with.

Cerebulon fucked around with this message at 15:45 on May 5, 2011

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38719

The creator of A World of Pain just joined another project, so if you were waiting for a finished AWOP with full quests, it probably won't happen. I wish he had just concentrated on making random cool areas to explore instead of trying to include an over-ambitious, badly written, never-to-be-completed quest.

Still, the guy is a level-making beast, and it will be interesting to see what he does with that other project.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug
I just finished a new mod for people who want to wear clothing instead of armor. Personally, I played most of the game wearing the strongest armor I could find and rarely used prewar clothing or anything like that. So, I created a mod that grants a minimum amount of DT based on the player's level. That way you can wear a business suit or a dress or whatever without having to switch to armor all the time. Link: Minmum Player DT.

It's the same sort of concept as invisible armor vests, but this way you don't have to deal with the actual vests, so there's no hassle. It also doesn't stack with armor, so you don't have to worry about having too much DT if you decide to wear heavy armor.

The minimum DT is the character's level - 2, up to 25 DT. So, if you're level 10, you get 8 DT minimum. If the character is wearing normal clothes or light armor that grants less than that, then they get 8 DT. If the character is wearing armor that grants more than 8 DT, then the character will have the DT from the armor, and the mod has no effect.

I tried to set the DT calculation to give enough for players to go without armor, but with some benefit for wearing armor if you choose. It's just based on what felt right to me, so let me know if it seems like too much or too little, since the calculation is very easy to change.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

^^ That's a good idea. I wanted to wear the Sheriff's Duster through the whole game but stupid thing has 0 DT, so it was completely useless. I'm gonna give your mod a try but I know nothing about balancing so probably won't have much to add.

Roman posted:

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38719

The creator of A World of Pain just joined another project, so if you were waiting for a finished AWOP with full quests, it probably won't happen. I wish he had just concentrated on making random cool areas to explore instead of trying to include an over-ambitious, badly written, never-to-be-completed quest.

Still, the guy is a level-making beast, and it will be interesting to see what he does with that other project.

Lame. I liked his mod because I find most modded quests to be lame, and I just want some targets to shoot with my overpowered max level character. Well I still have like 50% of his dungeons to still dive into, so I can't blame him for wanting to move on after adding so much to the game.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

NotInventedHere posted:

I just finished a new mod for people who want to wear clothing instead of armor. Personally, I played most of the game wearing the strongest armor I could find and rarely used prewar clothing or anything like that. So, I created a mod that grants a minimum amount of DT based on the player's level. That way you can wear a business suit or a dress or whatever without having to switch to armor all the time. Link: Minmum Player DT.

It's the same sort of concept as invisible armor vests, but this way you don't have to deal with the actual vests, so there's no hassle. It also doesn't stack with armor, so you don't have to worry about having too much DT if you decide to wear heavy armor.

The minimum DT is the character's level - 2, up to 25 DT. So, if you're level 10, you get 8 DT minimum. If the character is wearing normal clothes or light armor that grants less than that, then they get 8 DT. If the character is wearing armor that grants more than 8 DT, then the character will have the DT from the armor, and the mod has no effect.

I tried to set the DT calculation to give enough for players to go without armor, but with some benefit for wearing armor if you choose. It's just based on what felt right to me, so let me know if it seems like too much or too little, since the calculation is very easy to change.

You are a genius.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Apologies if this has been answered before or has been a common issue since the release of Dead Money - I've been really busy with a lot of other poo poo and lost track of the thread.

I'm trying to finish up my old mod project and release it so I can get to work on something more interesting/fun for me. But whenever I load my .esp from January in the GECK, it just stops loading immediately and has zero data. Is there anything I can do about this?

I haven't tried creating a new .esp from scratch yet, really just trying to save myself a couple hours of work I guess.

Leinadi
Sep 14, 2009
I'm not a modder but I think the latest patch requires you to also download a new version of the GECK off of Bethesda's website.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Leinadi posted:

I'm not a modder but I think the latest patch requires you to also download a new version of the GECK off of Bethesda's website.

This. The most recent patch has required an updated version of GECK. You can always tell if you're using the wrong version of GECK, not because it will tell you, but because attempting to open up files will result in blank entries.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Yep, that was it. The Bethsoft website kept trying to give me 1.1, also, but I managed to grab 1.3 by just changing the redirect URL. Loads fine now! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*

I generated LOD and now the land turned into a flat plain way above everything.

What the gently caress.