Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Eton & Oxford Neo-con "Islamic expert" who's on the board of Israeli NGO that criticises human rights groups acting in Palestine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onion Vanguard
Jun 11, 2010

Breathe in. Breathe out.
Well, that makes sense. This prick doesn't think international law stands so I can understand that.

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009

ChuckDHead posted:

I'm actually thinking of making a thread for it, especially if they're doing all the ARG stuff again. Think there'll be enough people watching to make it worth it?

It might be worth it if the first series is readily available in America. I don't really know though, not sure I know how TVIV works.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"

Kin posted:

How much are the tickets? I might pop back up.

15 quid.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Psychoville was awesome last night, thought you should all know.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

birmingha posted:

The Armando chats are great. I'd love to see Armando have a talk show in that style. Which, if you like, you can get pretty much every episode of Armando's Charm offensive legally online... You can find the couple that Stew appears on from fistoffun.net too.

Charm Offensive is amazing. Really shows up poo poo like that 10 O'Clock rubbish.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
I've been going through my Inspector Morse DVDs recently, that show is still really great. The early Morse was basically just an alcoholic prick who drank and drove, and the later Morse was a lovable old curmudgeon.

I have no idea how they are going to make a prequel and not make it poo poo, http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/may/06/inspector-morse-prequel-for-itv?intcmp=239

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
God I missed Psychoville, especially now they killed off the one trick pony that is Dawn Frenches character.

Sadly, down to one more episode of Time Commanders and it makes you think. If they picked somebody with serious PC gaming experince they'd figuire out the engine limitations in a snap which isn't fun at all really. So glad they pick people out of the blue with nothing to do with gaming really.

Stupid Post Maker
Jan 8, 2008
Started PEep show today. It's funny. Well Cheers :cheers:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Mickolution posted:

Charm Offensive is amazing. Really shows up poo poo like that 10 O'Clock rubbish.

As much as I love the stuff that Iannucci's done behind the camera, I miss the stuff which he fronted like Charm Offensive, the Armando Iannucci Show, and his newspaper columns. The Armando comic persona is great, and it's always masked when he's just working behind the scenes. This might not be a universal feeling though, I remember a Guardian interview with him when In the Loop was released, which described the Armando Iannucci shows as "obviously unfunny".
About Stewart Lee's show, does anyone find the non-Armando skits funny? I know that a stand up on telly incorporated a sketch or two since Dave Allen, but but they always feel like padding.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Just got back from Derren Brown's new live show. No spoilers but it was great, if you can get tickets I'd recommend going.

Any other goons gone to see him?

Turra
Oct 28, 2006

Help! A guinea pig tricked me.

Muppetjedi posted:

Just got back from Derren Brown's new live show. No spoilers but it was great, if you can get tickets I'd recommend going.

I saw him near the start at Woking and am going again in June in London with a bigger group of friends, it was brilliant.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Why can't the loving iplayer keep constant volume levels between programmes? And the stings at the start, some of them are loving stupidly loud.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I hate the idents at the start on the iplayer. They are so utterly redundant, and yet you have to have them play and they have to be abnormally loud.

You're a BBC site, I know they are BBC programmes. You're not a video game, you do not need to force idents on me.

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

SeanBeansShako posted:

God I missed Psychoville, especially now they killed off the one trick pony that is Dawn Frenches character.

You didn't like Joy? I thought her storyline is wonderfully creepy, like a much more threatening version of Dawn French's Jam and Jerusalem character. It's great seeing French do something this dark after so many years of nice cosy middle class English villagey churchy things (not that I didn't like Jam and Jerusalem...).

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Turra posted:

I saw him near the start at Woking and am going again in June in London with a bigger group of friends, it was brilliant.

Muppetjedi posted:

Looks like the post-hypnotic-suggestion to get more people to come to his shows and to go and see them again is working very well for him.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I hate the idents at the start on the iplayer. They are so utterly redundant, and yet you have to have them play and they have to be abnormally loud.

You're a BBC site, I know they are BBC programmes. You're not a video game, you do not need to force idents on me.
Idents are just as redundant in video games. In fact more so when they show up every single time you run the game. Why do big companies love idents so much

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

ChuckDHead posted:

You didn't like Joy? I thought her storyline is wonderfully creepy, like a much more threatening version of Dawn French's Jam and Jerusalem character. It's great seeing French do something this dark after so many years of nice cosy middle class English villagey churchy things (not that I didn't like Jam and Jerusalem...).

Oh she was pretty creepy, no doubt about it but she just doesn't click me like the other characters do. Dawn French should have gotten a scene or two more to expand the character.

I cannot wait to see Psycho Librarian develop though.

Rolled Cabbage
Sep 3, 2006

ChuckDHead posted:

She was a bit less rounded out than the other characters, but I really enjoyed the call back to her Murder Most Horrid days they seemed to be doing. Ah, nostaligia.

On another note, did anyone catch The Shadow Line? Nice to see Christopher Ecclestone being given something meaty again. Moreover, even if you don't like crime stuff just watch it with the sound turned of because, my god, the camera, lighting and set people need medals. Best filmed thing I've seen in a long time.

John_Anon_Smith
Nov 26, 2007
:smug:

Rolled Cabbage posted:

She was a bit less rounded out than the other characters, but I really enjoyed the call back to her Murder Most Horrid days they seemed to be doing. Ah, nostaligia.

On another note, did anyone catch The Shadow Line? Nice to see Christopher Ecclestone being given something meaty again. Moreover, even if you don't like crime stuff just watch it with the sound turned of because, my god, the camera, lighting and set people need medals. Best filmed thing I've seen in a long time.

Watching with the sound off will deny you the amazing sound production though.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Muppetjedi posted:

Went to see the Enigma show last year with my girlfriend, he doesn't seem to be coming back to Belfast until next year though. I'll probably try and get more people to go too, it's too hard to describe how amazing he is live when people ask about it.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Zorba the Greek posted:

Someone tell me who the gently caress this Douglas Murray guy is? Every time I see him on QT I wanna beat the living poo poo out of him.

He really is utterly despicable. Ashdown sot him down magnificently, I'm impressed he didn't curl up in a ball and start sobbing after that.

It seems to be getting fashionable to hate on QT lately, but this episode was disgraceful. The opening question was hilariously loaded ("Should Bin Laden have been executed instead of being captured?") and automatically skews the debate and has everyone making assumptions about what really happened, and none of the panellists challenged it. When a comedy internet forum has stricter rules in it's debate than the BBC's flagship debate show something has gone terribly wrong.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Mr. Squishy posted:

As much as I love the stuff that Iannucci's done behind the camera, I miss the stuff which he fronted like Charm Offensive, the Armando Iannucci Show, and his newspaper columns. The Armando comic persona is great, and it's always masked when he's just working behind the scenes. This might not be a universal feeling though, I remember a Guardian interview with him when In the Loop was released, which described the Armando Iannucci shows as "obviously unfunny".

Couldn't agree more. I still listen to the Charm Offensive all the time and even though they're topical and most of the references are dated, it's still great. Love the Armando Iannucci Shows, too. Probably my second favorite thing he's done after Partridge. Not really sure how to describe it, but he's great at coming up with examples of things that just work, which is what Partridge is built on, I reckon.

The Saviour
Feb 19, 2006

So did nobody see the Shadow Line this week? It felt like an actual hour of good programming from the beeb, and i enjoyed it. But no talk, not really any hype, and no one here seemed that bothered by it.

ScipioAfro
Feb 21, 2011

The Saviour posted:

So did nobody see the Shadow Line this week? It felt like an actual hour of good programming from the beeb, and i enjoyed it. But no talk, not really any hype, and no one here seemed that bothered by it.

I saw it, it was loving great. Story was good but it was just absolutely perfectly filmed, I can't remember the last time I saw something shot and directed that well.

e> It's HD on iPlayer, there is no reason to not see it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ooh, it's only a week until Eurovision! :neckbeard:

edit: I'm convinced that with Don't Scare the Hare we have reached the peak of civilisation.

Rarity fucked around with this message at 17:43 on May 7, 2011

The Saviour
Feb 19, 2006

ScipioAfro posted:

I saw it, it was loving great. Story was good but it was just absolutely perfectly filmed, I can't remember the last time I saw something shot and directed that well.

e> It's HD on iPlayer, there is no reason to not see it.

The start with the two officers was the best cold opening i've seen since the first season of Breaking Bad, it was really well put together.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Just saw a trailer for the new series of Luther after Doctor Who. It's going to be awesome.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
:wtc: On Twitter Graham Lineham is tweeting about Bin-Laden watching the IT crowd. Apparently it's in one of these home movie tapes that was released today but he can't find an official source to confirm it.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I gave up following Linehan. He may have given us Father Ted, but god, his twitter feed irritated the gently caress out of me

Holy Doughnuts!
Oct 20, 2010

Sergeant Butterman, the little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Oh God, Luther and The Shadow Line? And Doctor Who? And Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle? Does the BBC just gather up all it's good shows and writers and then spurt them out all over the schedules at once?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Yes. In a pre-emptive move against claims from BSkyB that the BBC are being unfair by actually producing stuff, they've cramming everything in to the months when people are outdoors.

Wabznasm
Jul 19, 2006

Rof Rof

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I gave up following Linehan. He may have given us Father Ted, but god, his twitter feed irritated the gently caress out of me

Me too. He comes across harsh and dismissive to his fans, and the rest of it is so terribly worthy.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
He blocked me because I called lilly allen a oval office.

So gently caress him!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The best thing about Linehan is how on his commentaries he'll complain that the funniest joke in the episode is bad or doesn't work. It's like the man is accidentally good at what he does despite his own judgement.

Which would explain the first series of IT Crowd actually.

FelchTragedy
Jul 2, 2002

FelchTragedy.
Internet, I call forth your power!
Let's T_Roll.
I did a double take when I heard something on Eastenders Omnibus just now.

There is this infamous scene from the infamous Tommy Wiseau film 'The Room'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S9Ew3TIeVQ

Then there's this bit of Eastenders 2:15 minutes in:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b010xwrd/EastEnders_05_05_2011/

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

The best thing about Linehan is how on his commentaries he'll complain that the funniest joke in the episode is bad or doesn't work. It's like the man is accidentally good at what he does despite his own judgement.

Which would explain the first series of IT Crowd actually.

The Father Ted commentaries are pretty honest and self-critical, especially on A Christmassy Ted. I thought it was an okay episode, but they weren't happy with it at all.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

I've always been of the impression that Linehan works best with a writing partner, like with Arthur Matthews on Father Ted or Dylan Moran on Black Books, than on his own like IT Crowd.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
I just hate how he constantly reposts poo poo from reddit.

Speaking of twitter: http://twitter.com/InjunctionSuper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Really surprised with how good The Shadow Line was. As mentioned, it looked and sounded amazing, and there was a real atmosphere of dread to it that I can't remember seeing in a British drama for years now.

Also, did anyone watch Exile that was on last weekend? Saw and enjoyed the first episode, not sure if I care enough to watch the rest though.