Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Picked up NECA's 1/4th scale Original Predator figures today at Cornerstore Comics. Got all three versions. (Masked, open and closed mouth) My camera is busted right now, so I can't post any pics, but there are other in-hand pics from people who have it on other sites, like the sideshow messageboards.

These things are huge, and awesome. The paint work is very well done, and they just look amazing. At less than $80 apiece, these are well worth the price. All they need to do now is make a 1/4th Warrior Alien and 1/4th P2 and I'll be very happy!

I never collected the larger scale figures until they made their 1/4th Classic Alien, but now I'll keep buying 'em until they stop making them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Looks like I am taking a trip to the comic store next weekend! Duke and Neca's Predators? Hell yes!

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Fantabulero posted:

NO WAY.

Is this new? Because I'm pretty sure I need this.

Not to derail this thread to talk about HotWheels but you might also be excited to know there's also an Ecto-1 and a series of Batmobiles out right now.

Later this year there will also be K.I.T.T.version of the Pontiac Firebird(Knight Rider)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Lepecard posted:

Not to derail this thread to talk about HotWheels but you might also be excited to know there's also an Ecto-1

GOOD LUCK FINDING IT. Literally, I never saw a single Ecto-1 on any peg. I eventually ended up just buying one at a toy show.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGut7ffry4E&hd=1

One guess who this is (hint it's metal gear)

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I really want to collect a new Alien figure line, but I'm sticking with my Kenner figures until someone puts out a line with Nostromo crew/Space Marines with actor likenesses at no more than $100 each.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

I really want to collect a new Alien figure line, but I'm sticking with my Kenner figures until someone puts out a line with Nostromo crew/Space Marines with actor likenesses at no more than $100 each.
Hunt down the McFarlane Corporal Hicks figure, it's pretty excellent.

Fantabulero
Apr 28, 2009

POP, POP!

Lepecard posted:

Not to derail this thread to talk about HotWheels but you might also be excited to know there's also an Ecto-1 and a series of Batmobiles out right now.

Later this year there will also be K.I.T.T.version of the Pontiac Firebird(Knight Rider)

I've seen some of the Batmobiles, but I can never seem to find the one I want (the Batman:TAS version).

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Xenomrph posted:

How do these scale with the revoltech alien line?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

Ive definitely considered it. What's the posability like? Sub-Kenner like it looks?

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Fantabulero posted:

I've seen some of the Batmobiles, but I can never seem to find the one I want (the Batman:TAS version).

Unless i'm mistaken,I don't think that one's been released yet.

Atleast not in the regular small size.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ka0 posted:

How do these scale with the revoltech alien line?
Pretty poorly. The Revoltech alien is just too small - you'd be much better off using one of the actual NECA/McFarlane Alien figures, they're very much in-scale with the Hicks figure.

If you want a Marine to scale with the Revoltech alien, about the closest you'll get is the Hot Toys 'Aliens' snap-kits, but even then the Marines would be too small.

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

Ive definitely considered it. What's the posability like? Sub-Kenner like it looks?
Definitely sub-Kenner. I happen to have mine holding the pulse rifle in his right hand (sort of aiming it downward) with his head cocked to the side as he looks at the motion tracker held in his left hand, I think it looks pretty cool. It's got some range of motion, mostly in the arms and head, but it's not much.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Yeah, NECA has said that it's pretty unlikely we will get any human characters from the Alien Series.

I use the figures from the Battlestar Galactica and Stargate lines myself, and they look pretty good and close in scale. They are not dead-ringers for the actors of the Alien films or anything, but some people can look pretty close.

Here's Jack with the Hicks Pulse Rifle:

And my old Ripley Stand-in (The Dr. Weir figure from the Atlantis line looks more like Weaver to me, so I use her for Ripley now)

Here's a generic space Marine Vs. Terminators:

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Just got my Green Lantern Ring today which came with the rip-off "Early Bird" GL toy from TRU.

I'm gonna be the gooniest loser walking around with this thing every day of my LIFE.

A size comparison for you guys so you know how the sizing looks. Obviously this isn't the plastic kids version that normally comes with the 3 inch GL line.

AlkalinePunk
Oct 2, 2003

Your Mix: INFERIOR! Soundwave's Best of Emo: SUPERIOR!

Lepecard posted:

Unless i'm mistaken,I don't think that one's been released yet.

Atleast not in the regular small size.

It was released when the first (Nolan) movie came out I got it for my gf.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

AlkalinePunk posted:

It was released when the first (Nolan) movie came out I got it for my gf.

Say whaaaaaa?

Well, now i've got something to search for!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Don't have photos of the Duke Nukem figure packaging yet, but here's a transcript. Disclaimer: this is all word-for-word, I am not making any of this up.

On the side:

quote:

SO BELIEVABLE, YOU'LL THINK IT'S THE REAL DUKE HIT WITH A SHRINK RAY! NOW HE'S ONLY 7" TALL, BUT IT'S HOW YOU PLAY WITH HIM THAT MATTERS.

IT'S TIME TO KICK rear end AND CHEW BUBBLE GUM (bubble gum sold separately)

THIS IS THE ONLY ACTION FIGURE THAT YOU DON'T POSE - HE POSES YOU

On the back:

quote:

DUKE NUKEM, ULTIMATE ALIEN-rear end-KICKER, HAS BEEN SHRUNK TO ACTION FIGURE SIZE FOR YOUR GRIPPING PLEASURE. WHETHER YOU'RE LINING UP HORDES OF REAL ALIENS TO KILL OR JUST PLAYING DOLLS IN YOUR HOUSE, YOU'LL NEVER FEEL AT A LOSS FOR CONFIDENCE AND ONE-LINERS WITH LITTLE DUKE AT YOUR SIDE.

TAKE THIS PINT-SIZE POWERHOUSE TO YOUR LOCAL SCHOOL OR BAR AS YOUR WINGMAN, AND YOU'LL BE THE ENVY OF ALL YOUR PEERS. YOU'LL NEVER NEED TO PLAY WITH ANOTHER TOY AGAIN.
gently caress yes. :allears:

AlkalinePunk
Oct 2, 2003

Your Mix: INFERIOR! Soundwave's Best of Emo: SUPERIOR!

Lepecard posted:

Say whaaaaaa?

Well, now i've got something to search for!

http://www.amazon.com/Wheels-Animated-Batmobile-Vehicle-Scale/dp/B00194G4FG

9 bucks.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

God drat I need one of those Dukes.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Toys R Us, $15. They had like 6 of them when I was there the other day.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

Definitely sub-Kenner. I happen to have mine holding the pulse rifle in his right hand (sort of aiming it downward) with his head cocked to the side as he looks at the motion tracker held in his left hand, I think it looks pretty cool. It's got some range of motion, mostly in the arms and head, but it's not much.

I finally went to go check this out and oooohhhhhhhhh there's a helmeted version. Why didn't anyone tell me? I can live with bad articulation if I can have a helmeted version. I'm going to pose him blowing away my small army of Kenner Bull Aliens and you cants stop me.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

I finally went to go check this out and oooohhhhhhhhh there's a helmeted version. Why didn't anyone tell me? I can live with bad articulation if I can have a helmeted version. I'm going to pose him blowing away my small army of Kenner Bull Aliens and you cants stop me.

If you can get the helmeted version for a good price, pick it up. It was an on-line exclusive only, and I probably paid like around $30 for mine like 3 years ago.

Only downside is he does not come with the Pulse Rifle, instead he comes with his shotgun.

If you do decide to get the non-helmeted version, make sure you get one that includes the motion tracker. The first prodcution run did not include that, but the later run did. All of the helmeted ones come with it though.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jace Madan posted:

If you can get the helmeted version for a good price, pick it up. It was an on-line exclusive only, and I probably paid like around $30 for mine like 3 years ago.

Only downside is he does not come with the Pulse Rifle, instead he comes with his shotgun.
If I remember right, his base also has the open alien egg with the dead facehugger, so you can have him lifting the facehugger corpse out of the egg like he does in the movie, too. :haw:

I like my helmetless version quite a bit, though. I preferred him over the helmeted one, it's easier to see the Biehn likeness.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Jace Madan posted:

I am in no way seeing a downside here.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Good choice.

For close encounters you know.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

I am in no way seeing a downside here.

That's cool then, I myself would prefer the Pulse Rifle, but if you like the shotgun better, the helmeted one is definitely the version for you.

He also comes with the shotgun sheath holster on his back (you can even put the shotgun in there), the non-helmeted version does not have the sheath.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Ka0 posted:

Good choice.

For close encounters you know.

I hope you didn't wait 35 years to make that joke and even more so that i'm not the only one that got it.

Lepecard fucked around with this message at 11:15 on May 8, 2011

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Jace Madan posted:

That's cool then, I myself would prefer the Pulse Rifle, but if you like the shotgun better, the helmeted one is definitely the version for you.

He also comes with the shotgun sheath holster on his back (you can even put the shotgun in there), the non-helmeted version does not have the sheath.

It's not about "better" really I just think Hicks with a shotgun is a great match. I lost my razzafrazzin auction for it anyway :P

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Lepecard posted:

I hope you didn't wait 25 years to make that joke and even more so that i'm not the only one that got it.

I just hate being in this chickenshit outfit all the time.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
A link to pictures of DC Action League wave 3 has just brought the line to my attention, I've not seen them here in the UK though I would love some for my desk. Anyone know if they have or will come out here?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Ka0 posted:

I just hate being in this chickenshit outfit all the time.

I have the KB Exclusive Hudson/Scorpion Alien 2-pack hanging on the wall in my study. Long story short, my buddies and I will once and a while just bust out with "Hudson, sir. He's Scorpion Alien."

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

BizarroAzrael posted:

A link to pictures of DC Action League wave 3 has just brought the line to my attention, I've not seen them here in the UK though I would love some for my desk. Anyone know if they have or will come out here?

No idea, but I just picked up wave 2 yesterday. Atrocitus is sooooooo cute.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

I have the KB Exclusive Hudson/Scorpion Alien 2-pack hanging on the wall in my study. Long story short, my buddies and I will once and a while just bust out with "Hudson, sir. He's Scorpion Alien."

Well done. I nearly choked laughing at that. :)

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I have spent way too much time looking for a proper part for a custom figure today so I'm finally going to just ask you guys. Can any of you recommend a decent head for a 3-3/4 inch scale custom Toad? I'd be down with either the big round dumpy Kirby look or the 90s Jim Lee wide smile pointy chin look...but I'm not having any luck either way. Anyone?

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

AlkalinePunk posted:

Are the constructs compatible with the DCUC GL figures?

Apparently, they're designed SPECIFICALLY to be compatible with DCUC-scale figures (and JLU and DC Direct and Action League...).

I had zero intention of picking up figures from the 4-inch line, but now... very tempting.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

funtax posted:

Apparently, they're designed SPECIFICALLY to be compatible with DCUC-scale figures (and JLU and DC Direct and Action League...).

I had zero intention of picking up figures from the 4-inch line, but now... very tempting.

There's a TRU exclusive pack of just constructs that's coming out later if you can be patient. I think the ones that come with the figures are different, so if you really want a construct bear trap, buying the figure is the only way. But if you just want cool generic constructs like a sawblade or an axe, it's probably more worth your money to wait.

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

I have spent way too much time looking for a proper part for a custom figure today so I'm finally going to just ask you guys. Can any of you recommend a decent head for a 3-3/4 inch scale custom Toad? I'd be down with either the big round dumpy Kirby look or the 90s Jim Lee wide smile pointy chin look...but I'm not having any luck either way. Anyone?

No recommendations, but have you looked at any of the custom figure head stores?

http://slayerdesignstudio.3dcartstores.com/
http://www.brokenarrowtoys.com/cart/

Both of those stores sculpt their own heads, so you might find something closer that also isn't the head of an already existing character. They're all 3 3/4" scale as well.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 9, 2011

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Fish Of Doom posted:

No recommendations, but have you looked at any of the custom figure head stores?

http://slayerdesignstudio.3dcartstores.com/
http://www.brokenarrowtoys.com/cart/

Both of those stores sculpt their own heads, so you might find something closer that also isn't the head of an already existing character. They're all 3 3/4" scale as well.

Those were both super awesome to look through, but I didn't really find what I'm looking for. The biggest problem I'm having is finding any kind of roundish head. Every 3.75 scale figure I can find has those typical superhero features with a lanternlike jaw, etc. The only fatties I can find are Marvel Showdown Mole Man and Doc Ock, and they are both wearing unremovable glasses :(.

At this point I think it's going to be DC Infinite Heroes Guy Gardner, but I'm not really stoked about it...

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

The infinite heroes heads are much smaller than the Marvel Universe ones. Unless Guy's is oversized, it might look weird. Maybe there's a Star Wars character with a round head. Their heads fit on MU bodies for the most part and are sculpted way more realistically.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Fish Of Doom posted:

The infinite heroes heads are much smaller than the Marvel Universe ones. Unless Guy's is oversized, it might look weird. Maybe there's a Star Wars character with a round head. Their heads fit on MU bodies for the most part and are sculpted way more realistically.

Where the hell is the helmetless Porkins variant when you need one?

That's a really good idea. Do you know of a good site for SW Figure reviews, or a visual checklist? Googling for star wars figures when you have no idea what line you're interested in is...awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

Where the hell is the helmetless Porkins variant when you need one?

That's a really good idea. Do you know of a good site for SW Figure reviews, or a visual checklist? Googling for star wars figures when you have no idea what line you're interested in is...awkward.
https://www.rebelscum.com has photo galleries of pretty much every Star Wars action figure ever made, and checklists of what was released with what line, etc.