Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Casao posted:

So, Paul said he would be releasing Gingerbread for the G2x today, based on the official code he somehow gained access to. Breakdown of it, Paul's not the type to lie, so I'm inclined to believe we'll be getting GB like sweet mana from heaven.

This has been released. http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optimus-2x-2x-modaco-com/338920/6-may-v20c-gingerbread-rom-leak-for-the-t-mobile-g2x/ - pre-rooted, stock G2x GB otherwise.

Flashed it and booting now.

FYI, rom manager basically doesn't work for g2x, it fake flashes the recovery and it can't be accessed outside of rom manager. You need to use nvflash to get a real recovery.

Also, this wipes /data and /system automatically, so be sure to TB. This is apparently a complete lie.

EVGA Longoria fucked around with this message at 15:20 on May 6, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

quote:

We also have a bunch of cool new CM additions in the queue, so all that will go in 7.1.
MORE new stuff? These people are crazy.

Hopefully I will be able to flash 7.1 without losing half my installed apps this time...

letsgoflyers81
Aug 7, 2003

C IS FOR COOKIE!

Lowen SoDium posted:

Cyanogen said this about the state of CM7 and CM7.1

Yeah, after the 2.3.4 nightlies didn't work I restored back to 7.0.2.1 and then updated to 7.0.3.1 so I'm back up and running. I didn't even think about going directly from a 2.3.4 nightly to a stable version of 2.3.3. I flashed one of the gapps zips floating around and got partially working video chat. I could connect, my friend could hear me but not see me. I could see but couldn't hear him. But he thinks the mic on his laptop might have been broken so all I know for sure is that my video wasn't sending.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

brc64 posted:

There are a handful of little things I liked about Sense, like seeing a person's most recent status update or a little cake icon when it's their birthday on the caller ID screen (Facebook integration). I also generally prefer the Sense gallery to the stock one. A lot of people seem to like the Sense browser better, but that's one point where I differ.

I wish I could pick and choose...

Sense:
Facebook integration
Dialer
Gallery
Contacts People
Clock/Alarm

Stock:
Messaging
Browser

I'm indifferent when it comes to Camera and Mail. There are things I like better about the Sense Camera app and there are things I like better about the stock one. And I only use the Gmail app, so I don't really care about the regular Mail app.

oh man if i could choose it'd be:

MIUI with CM7 lockscreen and notification tray
TouchWiz Contacts and Phone
Stock browser, camera and settings
SPB with LauncherPro widgets and options

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Web Jew.0 posted:

oh man if i could choose it'd be:

MIUI with CM7 lockscreen and notification tray
TouchWiz Contacts and Phone
Stock browser, camera and settings
SPB with LauncherPro widgets and options

I would take MIUI lockscreen with its music player any day over CM7. That said I do agree about the notification tray.

Unicorn Vomit
Feb 21, 2006

Descanting the Insalubrious
Anybody know a painless process to restore a Droid X to factory defaults after it's been flashed to run on the Metro PCS network and rooted? I'm thinking of switching to Verizon now that I have some money again, but I would like all the warranty benefits, etc. since it will be considered a brand new phone since it's never been used on their network.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
I'd imagine using the Verizon sbf would work.

Unicorn Vomit
Feb 21, 2006

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

I'd imagine using the Verizon sbf would work.

Can you elaborate on this? The most I've ever done is root my phone once, all the real work was done by the guys at the Metro PCS store.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

The Metal Avenger posted:

Can you elaborate on this? The most I've ever done is root my phone once, all the real work was done by the guys at the Metro PCS store.

I'm guessing they did something like this but with a different file. The 2.3.340 is the most current. Also it says that 4.8 is the most current version of RSDLite, but I remember using 4.9 last time I did it.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/100038-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I'm having a strange problem with my EVO ever since I loaded CM7. When I get a call I'm unable to swipe down to answer the phone; the OS does not respond to any input unless I press the power button twice, which disconnects the call. I've since wiped everything and reloaded Myn's RLS 5 and now I'm having the same problem in this ROM. Anyone have any ideas? I use Google Voice as my primary number if that means anything.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Casao posted:

This has been released. http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optimus-2x-2x-modaco-com/338920/6-may-v20c-gingerbread-rom-leak-for-the-t-mobile-g2x/ - pre-rooted, stock G2x GB otherwise.

Flashed it and booting now.

FYI, rom manager basically doesn't work for g2x, it fake flashes the recovery and it can't be accessed outside of rom manager. You need to use nvflash to get a real recovery.

Also, this wipes /data and /system automatically, so be sure to TB. This is apparently a complete lie.
Hooray! Now my phone is only 0.0.1 versions behind instead of 0.1.2!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Endless Mike posted:

Hooray! Now my phone is only 0.0.1 versions behind instead of 0.1.2!

There's some cute bugs.

- If you wiped before flashing you'll lose Facebook Contact sync.
- Picasa refuses to sync.
- The signal bars never go green signifying a connection to Google.

Still running it though. FroYo is just too loving ancient and CM is still ridiculously buggy.

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005
So I just rooted my Inspire (EDIT: and installed CM 7.0.3). I didn't back up any of my contacts, but it's not a huge deal since I just bought a new phone recently and I still have the old SIM from my other phone with all the contacts on it...except that my Inspire can't seem to read the contacts off the SIM? Is this some issue with AT&T keeping the contacts in a proprietary format or something?

Danhenge fucked around with this message at 01:46 on May 7, 2011

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Maker Of Shoes posted:

There's some cute bugs.

- If you wiped before flashing you'll lose Facebook Contact sync.
- Picasa refuses to sync.
- The signal bars never go green signifying a connection to Google.

Still running it though. FroYo is just too loving ancient and CM is still ridiculously buggy.
I got a pretty major (to me) one: I can't get the SD to mount in Windows. When I connect the phone, it mounts the internal, but the SD won't connect for whatever reason.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!
Since updating to 7.0.1/7.0.2 my Desire Z has been getting a bit laggy. What's the adb method checking for running apps/services (what's using the phone)? The battery stats are useless at it just lists Android System at the top.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Endless Mike posted:

I got a pretty major (to me) one: I can't get the SD to mount in Windows. When I connect the phone, it mounts the internal, but the SD won't connect for whatever reason.

I didn't get that problem. Maybe try reinstalling the drivers?

Found 2 more awesome bugs:
- Whatever IME you're using will have random bouts of extreme lag.
- Woke up this morning and the phone wouldn't get past the lock screen. It wasn't frozen but the screen would take any input.

Knowing Paul this ROM is going to sit on the back burner without any updates. Just hoping it holds together until CM gets less lovely.

Unicorn Vomit
Feb 21, 2006

I'm running into a bit of a problem re-rooting my Droid X after flashing through sbf to 2.2.1. Is it possible to root this version, or do I need to go to stock 2.2? I keep getting stuck on the "Waiting for device" screen using Root X 2.2, regardless which mode I put the phone in.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I'm pretty sure I just used z4root to root my droid x. Think it was running 2.2.340, if that sounds right. First time it didn't seem to work, but after a reboot and running it again it rooted fine.

Drevoak
Jan 30, 2007
I dont know what the hell is going on but since flashing CM 7.0.3.1 for my Evo Shift I'm getting issue after issue. When I first upgraded from 7.0.2.1, every time I would attempt to open the market, I would get a white screen that closed out immediately. Cleared market's cache/data but that didn't help. I flashed gapps which fixed the issue. Now I am unable to turn wifi on, all I get is wifi saying error. However I did flash a kernel(which worked fine with 7.0.2.1) just before I noticed the wifi error, I dont think that would have affected it though. I flash CM7 again in hopes of fixing the wifi which it did but now I have the market issue back.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
7.0.3.1 is a shitpile for me too on the normal Evo. The GPS stops working a few minutes after I turn it on -- it insists that I'm somewhere in Dearborn, Michigan no matter what I do. Half the time even reflashing the ROM doesn't fix it. The ##GPSCLRX# voodoo does a grand total of jack and poo poo, and redownloading the A-GPS data doesn't help either.

(I had a bunch of edits here, but they're deleted since they all boiled down to 'everything about CM7 is hosed to poo poo and back'.)

REPLACEMENT EDIT 1: Turns out my actual problems were less to do with CM7 being broken and more to do with my Airave giving screwy location data, and my forgetting how the Google Apps installation works on a fresh install of Cyanogen.

Technogeek fucked around with this message at 08:34 on May 8, 2011

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
And here I was several weeks ago sitting in IRC telling you assholes about how loving buggy Cm7.0 stable (RC4 as well) was on the g2 and you told me that I was full of crap and a half. Look who is laughing now :smug:

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Slopehead posted:

And here I was several weeks ago sitting in IRC telling you assholes about how loving buggy Cm7.0 stable (RC4 as well) was on the g2 and you told me that I was full of crap and a half. Look who is laughing now :smug:

Well, in my case, it turns out my GPS issue has nothing to do with the phone at all. My guess is that my Airave is giving out incorrect location data, since once I disconnect it the GPS starts working properly.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Had to Odin my Fascinate back to stock Froyo tonight after somehow loving up an install of Community ROM 1.3 resulting in a soft brick. I don't know what the gently caress went wrong, but none of my backups were able to get by the bootloop. No idea what it was, though, because after reflashing back to stock, I reinstalled the same ROM and it's running fine now. :iiam:

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

Paramemetic posted:

Had to Odin my Fascinate back to stock Froyo tonight after somehow loving up an install of Community ROM 1.3 resulting in a soft brick. I don't know what the gently caress went wrong, but none of my backups were able to get by the bootloop. No idea what it was, though, because after reflashing back to stock, I reinstalled the same ROM and it's running fine now. :iiam:

How is it? I have been thinking about trying it out once 1.3 hit. I'm currently running cm6 but was wanting a change.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Codiusprime posted:

How is it? I have been thinking about trying it out once 1.3 hit. I'm currently running cm6 but was wanting a change.

I switched from CM6 to Community ROM 1.2 because 1.2 is fully functional, nothing is broken like on CM6. I like it. The dark theme it comes with kinda sucks, but I dropped a Honeycomb theme on top of it that looks great. That aside, it's not really all that, but everything working on a custom Fascinate ROM is the exception, not the norm, so I like that. Forgot how much I missed MMS.

I endorse it, at any rate. It's not as cool as CM# because it lacks all those neat CM perks, but, like I said, everything seems to work. I'm hoping 1.3 is friendlier to battery though.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

Slopehead posted:

I'm starting it hate it on my Desire Z. I'm going to flash back to Sense, I don't care if the battery life isn't as awesome I'll just use SetCPU to downclock when idle.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Ashex posted:

I'm starting it hate it on my Desire Z. I'm going to flash back to Sense, I don't care if the battery life isn't as awesome I'll just use SetCPU to downclock when idle.
I know the DZ is a little different but would you guys with G2s/DZs mind elaborating on the issues you're having with CM7? I have a buddy with a G2 on CM6 and I was under the impression that CM7 was running good on the G2 but he's not a techie and would be happy keeping with CM6 if it meant stability.

Given the difficulty with moving between Froyo and Gingerbread ROMs on the G2 (for someone with no knowledge of the process) I don't want to move him to CM7 then him needing to revert without assistance down the road.

Unicorn Vomit
Feb 21, 2006

Mr. Despair posted:

I'm pretty sure I just used z4root to root my droid x. Think it was running 2.2.340, if that sounds right. First time it didn't seem to work, but after a reboot and running it again it rooted fine.

Thanks, this worked perfectly.

Now that I'm fully rooted are there any good roms available for the droid x? When I first got this phone I found out it had some sorry of lock chip that made roms pretty impossible, but after googling around it looks like progress has been made to bypass it finally. Anybody with an x have any suggestions? Also, what are the benefits of using a custom rom on this device anyway?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I didn't get that problem. Maybe try reinstalling the drivers?

Found 2 more awesome bugs:
- Whatever IME you're using will have random bouts of extreme lag.
- Woke up this morning and the phone wouldn't get past the lock screen. It wasn't frozen but the screen would take any input.

Knowing Paul this ROM is going to sit on the back burner without any updates. Just hoping it holds together until CM gets less lovely.
I tried that and it made no difference. The SD card itself shows up fine on the phone. I tried the Eaglesblood ROM, as well, and had the same issue. Going back to stock. :(

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

I always have the best bugs.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

LastInLine posted:

I know the DZ is a little different but would you guys with G2s/DZs mind elaborating on the issues you're having with CM7? I have a buddy with a G2 on CM6 and I was under the impression that CM7 was running good on the G2 but he's not a techie and would be happy keeping with CM6 if it meant stability.

Given the difficulty with moving between Froyo and Gingerbread ROMs on the G2 (for someone with no knowledge of the process) I don't want to move him to CM7 then him needing to revert without assistance down the road.

One peeve I have is the little cursor that appears in the input field shows up as soon as it's selected, this is a problem as you can't hit the letter beneath the cursor when it appears and have to hit another letter to get it to disappear and delete that one before you start typing.

Additionally, after a day or two the phone will start slowing down/locking up on its own and I can't figure what it is as the battery stats are useless since everything falls under "Android System" in CM7.

Unicorn Vomit
Feb 21, 2006

Had my first massive scare today when I accidentally flashed a Droid 2 ROM onto my Droid X, then got stuck in an infinite boot loop when I tried to flash back to stock. Spent a few hours figuring out a hell of a lot about flashing, recovering, etc. and now the whole process seems more tedious than intimidating (although I'm still having fun with it, being new and all).

Speaking of which, does anybody have a working link to GummyJar 2.5 for Droid X? The developers are currently working on 3.0, but I would like to give it a test run while I wait. I can only find it for the Droid 2, and nobody on DroidForums.net have a clue where this can be found as well. Anybody?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Ashex posted:

One peeve I have is the little cursor that appears in the input field shows up as soon as it's selected, this is a problem as you can't hit the letter beneath the cursor when it appears and have to hit another letter to get it to disappear and delete that one before you start typing.

Additionally, after a day or two the phone will start slowing down/locking up on its own and I can't figure what it is as the battery stats are useless since everything falls under "Android System" in CM7.
The cursor thing I've never heard of. Is that present using Swype? It's the only keyboard he and I use.

The slowdown seems a bit more worrying. I've seen no slowdown on my N1 whatsoever (although I will say there are plenty of minor bugs in CM7 that irritate me to no end). Also, I'm flashing nightlies about once a week so I probably wouldn't see slowdown even if I was afflicted.

Also, I know this doesn't apply to you with a DZ, but does T-Mobile wifi calling work in CM7? That's pretty much a must have where he is.

Resonance22
Dec 17, 2006

LastInLine posted:

The cursor thing I've never heard of. Is that present using Swype? It's the only keyboard he and I use.

The slowdown seems a bit more worrying. I've seen no slowdown on my N1 whatsoever (although I will say there are plenty of minor bugs in CM7 that irritate me to no end). Also, I'm flashing nightlies about once a week so I probably wouldn't see slowdown even if I was afflicted.

Also, I know this doesn't apply to you with a DZ, but does T-Mobile wifi calling work in CM7? That's pretty much a must have where he is.

The cursor thing is part of the "handlebars" that appear when you try to select text. Only one of them shows up when you start typing. On swype, sometimes you have to type a letter to get rid of it. It doesn't happen often, but it's pretty annoying when it does.

T-Mobile's wifi calling works on my MyTouch 4G for me (using CM7).

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Resonance22 posted:

The cursor thing is part of the "handlebars" that appear when you try to select text. Only one of them shows up when you start typing. On swype, sometimes you have to type a letter to get rid of it. It doesn't happen often, but it's pretty annoying when it does.

T-Mobile's wifi calling works on my MyTouch 4G for me (using CM7).
Okay, those handlebars are annoying to me just because they preclude the use of Swype's doubletap to correct. I've never just gotten one though, that's weird.

Thanks for the confirmation on wifi calling, I thought it would work but you never know.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Anyone with a G2x on CM7? Nightlies are up to 11, and I'm wondering if it's stable enough to install yet.

z3bracak3
Apr 22, 2010
Maybe someone can help me here because I'm absolutely stuck. I went to unroot my G2, I was on the stock rom before the OTA update and did not have to use hexeditor because my version was correct. I flashed Pc10img and I went to flash the OTA update and now I'm still s-off. Does anyone know what I should do now? I can still boot into android but im stuck on the pre-ota rom.
Edit: Just to clarify, I don't have superuser.apk or root privileges, it just shows I still have s-off. I'd like to completely un-root and start over because gfree had some problems.

z3bracak3 fucked around with this message at 16:33 on May 9, 2011

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I hosed up, derp.

1: titanium backup full backup
2: get cyanogenmod nightly latest for my phone (mytouch 4g/glacier)
3: flash clockwork recovery
4: in rom manager, select some option like 'reboot into recovery, back up this rom'
5: assume that the rom was backed up, wipe all data, install rom and google apps

Now, this works fine but I have no contacts any more. I still have my titanium backup backup, so I tried to restore data (just the needed ones, app data only for contacts and mms/sms, which were [contacts/calls..cts storage] and [sms/mms/apn] I think)

When I reboot after this, the phone has no network signal. So I reflashed and now have the latest working nightly, but no data. the only thing I can think of to do, is: restore my old rom (I lost it, thought rom manager had backed it up!), export contacts and sms or activate google sync, then reflash.

So, where can I get the mytouch 4g rom? :downs:

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

redreader posted:

I hosed up, derp.

1: titanium backup full backup
2: get cyanogenmod nightly latest for my phone (mytouch 4g/glacier)
3: flash clockwork recovery
4: in rom manager, select some option like 'reboot into recovery, back up this rom'
5: assume that the rom was backed up, wipe all data, install rom and google apps

Now, this works fine but I have no contacts any more. I still have my titanium backup backup, so I tried to restore data (just the needed ones, app data only for contacts and mms/sms, which were [contacts/calls..cts storage] and [sms/mms/apn] I think)

When I reboot after this, the phone has no network signal. So I reflashed and now have the latest working nightly, but no data. the only thing I can think of to do, is: restore my old rom (I lost it, thought rom manager had backed it up!), export contacts and sms or activate google sync, then reflash.

So, where can I get the mytouch 4g rom? :downs:
A victim of Sense contacts. So sad.

Reboot into recovery, and go to the option for backup/restore. If this was your first rom flash and backup, choose Restore, and you should only see a single ROM dated today/yesterday, whenever you had clockwork make that backup. It should restore your phone to how it was before.

Since the MT4G stock ROM had sense, you likely stored the contacts in a non-google/gmail account. You need to fix that, storing your contacts in the google cloud means that whatever rom you flash in the future will automatically grab your contacts and you'll never have to worry about it again. I don't recall how to migrate your contacts, as I haven't run sense in a while, but it should be a relatively painless process. Once done, you'll be able to verify that your contacts are in google by getting into gmail on a PC and looking under the contacts tab, you should see a bunch of phone numbers.

From here, you can re-flash CM, MIUI, or any other ROM, and all your contacts will instantly sync back up when you enter your google account info. Make sure that whenever you add a new contact, it's a gmail contact and you'll never have this problem again. Sticking with a non-sense (heh) rom should have gmail contacts as the default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Civil posted:

A victim of Sense contacts. So sad.

Reboot into recovery, and go to the option for backup/restore. If this was your first rom flash and backup, choose Restore, and you should only see a single ROM dated today/yesterday, whenever you had clockwork make that backup. It should restore your phone to how it was before.

Since the MT4G stock ROM had sense, you likely stored the contacts in a non-google/gmail account. You need to fix that, storing your contacts in the google cloud means that whatever rom you flash in the future will automatically grab your contacts and you'll never have to worry about it again. I don't recall how to migrate your contacts, as I haven't run sense in a while, but it should be a relatively painless process. Once done, you'll be able to verify that your contacts are in google by getting into gmail on a PC and looking under the contacts tab, you should see a bunch of phone numbers.

From here, you can re-flash CM, MIUI, or any other ROM, and all your contacts will instantly sync back up when you enter your google account info. Make sure that whenever you add a new contact, it's a gmail contact and you'll never have this problem again. Sticking with a non-sense (heh) rom should have gmail contacts as the default.

That's the thing, I *thought* it had backed up my rom but it didn't. I tried it anyway, chose 'restore' and it said 'no files found'. So I need a new rom or something :(