Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

“They have an incredible relationship,” Robin said of the pair. “There is obviously an incredible amount of love and respect between them, and maybe this is growing pains.”

Talking about Courtney and David. THEYVE BEEN MARRIED FOR TEN loving YEARS YOU TARD.

Growing pains? Really?

Robin has nothing to say. Her parroting of Howard has maybe made her think she does, but she doesn't.

I beg and pray that she does this. That she leaves the show before the latest contract, incenses Howard and he plays clips of her going down in spectacular flames. Can't loving wait, seriously I hope this happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

As long as Howard broadcasts Robin will be there.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

-Atom- posted:

As long as Howard broadcasts Robin will be there.

You don't think she can carry her own show?

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
I fully support Robin having her own show and I hope she leaves The Howard Stern Show immediately to pursue her dream.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

sedative posted:

I fully support Robin having her own show and I hope she leaves The Howard Stern Show immediately to pursue her dream.

I would raise Bin Laden back from the dead if it meant this would happen right now

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

If anything she would do the radio show in the morning and a talk show in the afternoon. I'm sure her contract is for the same time table as Howard and Fred since they all use Don Buchwald.

Her TV show for Sony didn't pan out so she can't be that hasty to leave the radio show.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Every time I see a picture of her "smiling" it looks like she is angry. She's like a robot trying to pretend to have an emotion.

Even if she went to do the show, she'd be back after a couple weeks. Her ratings would be ZERO... POINT... ZERO...

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

^^ I always thought she thought she knew how to smile, but it looks like she just caught of whiff of a nasty Buffalo Chicken fart.

AltronHGX posted:

Ahahahahahahahahahahahah she thinks she can replace Oprah. Jesus christ. I can't wait to watch her fall flat on her loving face and then vanish into obscurity forever.

She'll last as long as it takes the media to sink their knives into her fat rear end, then she'll come crawling back and nothing will ever, ever be said. The James Randi Organization alone will carve her a new rear end in a top hat.

therapy
Jun 12, 2001

Living the dream
First, she's not leaving the show. She just isn't. If she's offered a TV show she'll do it in combination with this show. Like Seacrest does his radio show and American Idol in the afternoons/evenings.

Second, I pray, PRAY, that she gets a daytime talk show and is absolutely destroyed by tiny, abysmal ratings. I pray that every review of the show talks about how she comes across as arrogant, ignorant, and phony.

Third, I can't wait to hear Howard play the clips from Quivers: A Show or whatever the gently caress it's called. I cannot wait to hear Fred rip into it. I hope they take phone calls from Artie where all he does is laugh hysterically at her and they never hang up on him.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
“It will be like a talk show, but with subjects that I’d be interested in.

flyingbuttbiter
Sep 22, 2003

by toby
Robin is kind of punk rock. You've gotta respect her a bit. None of you would do it.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
She should be gunning for Judge Judy as she has better ratings than Oprah at this point. But yeah, this will be a disaster if she does it.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

flyingbuttbiter posted:

Robin is kind of punk rock. You've gotta respect her a bit. None of you would do it.

No. None of this.

Robin is a personality on one of the greatest radio shows of all time, yet not a talent.

It takes talent to carry a show.

gently caress, I'd rather have just Howard and Fred (and Benjy) do the show on their own at this point.

chiz fucked around with this message at 13:06 on May 7, 2011

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
I think Hein could take Robin's place. Problem is he isn't crazy enough to encourage content and funny bits like Robin is.

ziglol
Oct 13, 2006

Qaz Kwaz posted:

I think Hein could take Robin's place. Problem is he isn't crazy enough to encourage content and funny bits like Robin is.

I'd love to see the celebrity guests reaction when they see a creepy nerdy guy staring at them from the glass booth.

If you were to replace Robin, it'd have to be another woman. It adds a natural dynamic to the show, so it doesn't turn into a boys club.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Pretty sure Richard lost all of his weight by playing drums. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MllEmgSf90

flyingbuttbiter
Sep 22, 2003

by toby

chiz posted:

No. None of this.

Robin is a personality on one of the greatest radio shows of all time, yet not a talent.

It takes talent to carry a show.

gently caress, I'd rather have just Howard and Fred (and Benjy) do the show on their own at this point.

She went and dropped 'acid' in Peru. It's pretty punk rock.

You and I aren't her audience but you gotta admit.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

flyingbuttbiter posted:

She went and dropped 'acid' in Peru. It's pretty punk rock.

That would be punk rock if she did it to expand her mind or just plain get high. Instead she did it as part of a self-congratulatory "look at how worldly I am" adventure in a third world country that she could put on TV. She had guys performing purification rituals where crushed-up candy was passed over her body. Then she swears up and down Ayahuasca isn't a drug because it comes from a plant :rolleyes:.

She's a 34 and deludes herself into ridiculous new age magical thinking and rails against modern medicine despite being a nurse 30 years ago. There's nothing punk rock there.

Former Human fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 7, 2011

flyingbuttbiter
Sep 22, 2003

by toby

Former Human posted:

That would be punk rock if she did it to expand her mind or just plain get high. Instead she did it as part of a self-congratulatory "look at how worldly I am" adventure in a third world country that she could put on TV. She had guys performing purification rituals where crushed-up candy was passed over her body. Then she swears up and down Ayahuasca isn't a drug because it comes from a plant :rolleyes:.

She's a 34 and deludes herself into ridiculous new age magical thinking and rails against modern medicine despite being a nurse 30 years ago. There's nothing punk rock there.

Well she went on an adventure. I don't care what you say.

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

It would be pretty amazing to have Sal sit in (for a bit) if Robin leaves. I can picture the bit of them dressing Sal up in drag/blackface and doing his impression of Robin while Howard rips him/her to shreds.

Quite possibly the best bit for a long time, and therapeutic for the show.

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007
Actually, I think she did it to stop wanting to eat junk food because her lovely vegan diet is so unfulfilling. Why else would you rub Doritos bags on your vagina?

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Didn't robin learn from Jackie's mistake? I guess thats where the 34 comes into play.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Sizzlechest posted:

Actually, I think she did it to stop wanting to eat junk food because her lovely vegan diet is so unfulfilling. Why else would you rub Doritos bags on your vagina?

She should go back to rubbing meat and vegetables on her vagina; it's much healthier.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Black on Black is on Monday! I just shot the King a tweet and he told me to blow up Sirius the next day asking for more, which I will do (via email). It entertains me more than the Stern show.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

ziglol posted:

If you were to replace Robin, it'd have to be another woman. It adds a natural dynamic to the show, so it doesn't turn into a boys club.

Lisa Lampanelli would be a good replacement.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

NJersey posted:

Lisa Lampanelli would be a good replacement.

she's a hack

YA DURTY HEEB

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

No one mentioned Lisa G yet.

nukem
Jun 6, 2003

Yes, I love that man of mine.

sedative posted:

I was just about to say that.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbdAU9rPR8Q

god damnit

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Yea, this was a non-issue and they just wrote the article to make a headline. That show means more to her than any other person not named Howard Stern. That show is her lifeblood, she'll never leave until Howard does.

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice

sedative posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbdAU9rPR8Q

god damnit

She looks like she has a giant tarantula on her head

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I completely give up on getting the SiriusXM internet player to work. Does Foobar and the SirusXM extension still work? Does anyone here use it?

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

quote:

GovernaleSal Sal Governale
At a party,Just toasted my wife "happy mothers day to you and your vagina, it may not gently caress much but it made our children"....she's not happy

Holy poo poo

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Ribsauce posted:

Holy poo poo

Is Sal secretly a millionaire? I can't think of any reason for his wife to stay.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

It's not that he doesn't care(he doesn't), he's just socially retarded. He's not at all a well adjusted individual.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

It's not that he doesn't care(he doesn't), he's just socially retarded. He's not at all a well adjusted individual.

The proper term is 'seriously troubled individual in desperate need of psychological help.'

His wife should have left him years ago.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Can anyone else not login to the official Sirius Internet player (either iPad or the web browser one?) It keeps saying bad username/password, but I can log into the My Account section just fine.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I was able to login in to the app no problem.

I have had that problem before though - in the past, I've reset my password and that has worked. I did have to actually call Sirius once though to straighten it out.

Speaking of the player, any thoughts on why their online player has so many problems? From not being able to login to not actually working, there are more problems with this player than any other online service that I use. Is it the type of technology that are using? The people they have working on it?

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

It's gotta be the people they have working on it. I mean, look at Pandora, Grooveshark, Slacker, rdio, etc. They all seem to get it right. They probably have a handful of people working on it making peanuts compared to what they should be making and thus they churn out poo poo like this:

http://i.imgur.com/4eaEG.png

Edit: Oh god this is painful. I logged in, changed my password, no dice. Click "Make a Payment" to make sure I am paid in full (I should be, it auto-deducts), and it logs me out. God what a piece of trash system. Just absolutely dreadful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

The iPhone app completely crapped out earlier. I can log on, but it won't load. The H100 channel comes up, it buffers for a bit then it just stops.

You might have to call Sirius since it won't even let you log in. Other times this has happened to me (and this exact thing has happened) waiting for awhile and then resetting the password has worked. Earlier on I had to call in (post-merger, I believe) and they had to reset something on their end, but that was just once.

To your point about the other online players: I use Pandora a lot, and I can't recall a time that it stopped working.