Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

lancemantis posted:

It's almost like people buy fast cars thinking that will make them a fast driver :aaaaa:

More money = better than.

This applies to everything. Hence "my car costs more money so I can drive better than you."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forty Two
Jun 8, 2007
This is, by far, his best video. It gives bikers the perfect excuse to rage at car drivers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbdJxFjRe6E

Also, am I the only one who's mentally challenged only and just figured out why he's called 'rnickymouse'? For some reason this relevation of retardation came to me in the shower. I had always thought that 'R Nicky Mouse' was a really stupid name to use, until I realised that the 'r' and 'n' almost look like an 'm'.... which would make MickeyMouse

Mind=blown :aaaaa:

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Biker Hobbits.
http://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=138350

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
It really seems like having guys out there taking pictures and videotaping is a recipe for people doing stupid poo poo. I'm not one to say you should make everything illegal, but I'm a bit surprised the police put up with those guys being there. It's probably only a matter of time until someone gets really hurt there.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Retarded Pimp posted:

Biker Hobbits.

Hahahahaha! This is so stupid yet so funny.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

Boat posted:

More money = better than.

This applies to everything. Hence "my car costs more money so I can drive better than you."

Which is why bikes are awesome as it often ends up being the reverse.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Retarded Pimp posted:

Biker Hobbits.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Gnaghi posted:

Which is why bikes are awesome as it often ends up being the reverse.

This. Nothing feels better than knowing your cheap-rear end bike is faster than just about any car you could meet at the lights.

"Oh, is that a new GTI/335i/S4/Boxster/whatever? How much was it? Why, isn't that just a precious little thing? :smug:"

I'm a total dick, I keep pace with them the first couple of seconds before pulling away from them. I just love the dead-serious look most of those young self-absorbed douchebags have on their faces before they get wiped out by a completely non-sporty bike that's almost as old as they are with big-rear end grandpa mirrors and everything. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 14:46 on May 7, 2011

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
I was mainly talking about other bikes but that works too. Once on my 636 I caught up to a S1000R around an off-ramp that passed me doing 100mph+ on the parkway. Funny thing is I was riding normally, guy just parked it when the road stopped being straight. Bikes are all rider.

Content: Like this guy for example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyxuE_e_CiY

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
So long good old K75 friend, you were good the last 1500 miles and 3 months I rode you. Hopefully the new owner will put plenty of miles on you:

Hello there new black beast of beauty and fury!

2002 K1200RS, 70000 miles, 2900$ with the hard locking saddlebags and givi trunk in the rear. Quite a different animal from my old K75, I rode it 90 miles home last night, it's ridiculously fast, comfortable, and quiet. Has cruise control, heated grips, ABS. Taking me some time getting used to the weight (over 600lbs) but it's really not to bad at all, quite a bit of vibration at idle but once you're moving the weight disappears and it's buttery smooth, did I mention ridiculously fast? It accelerates like my 636 but has the riding position of my GS500, amazing. I think I got a pretty sweet deal on it, previous owner had all/most of the past dealer service records. 6 speed transmission is light years ahead of my old K bike and is just as good as any Japanese transmission i've used so far.

Left saddlebag is hilariously small because it's shaped to go around the exhaust like that, can fit a decent amount of clothes though.

Fully adjustable rear shock:

Handy pre-load adjuster knob:

Picture of Tele-lever front suspension and steering damper, the telelever front basically is a swingarm connected to the forks and frame with the shock absorber instead of traditional forks with springs in them. Very little dive under braking, but considerable loss of feel while riding, the bike handles well overall you just have to get used to it and trust ze German engineering. :3

xd
Sep 28, 2001

glorifying my tragic destiny..
What did the P.O. have stuck on that triple tree velcro? I put my ipod remote on mine.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I'm guessing some kind of navigation, which he didn't give me. :(

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

If you're looking to add some navigation, the TomTom Urban Rider seems like a very good deal. Don't know much about it though. Great looking bike!

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

^^^That's a smoking GREAT deal on that K1200, you can't touch one with similar specs around here for double that price.

Content
Husky's new V3 motor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS8mhAmCHdY

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Retarded Pimp posted:

Content
Husky's new V3 motor

Holy hell, it's like Husqvarna wants a piece of the Diavel market. V3 is a pretty unqiue config, I wonder if they have one actually running. According to Wikipedia, only Honda has done V3s in prototype racers. But yeah, Husqvarna branching out would be excellent. Comfy seats and 5000 mile service intervals please.

the chic in psychic
Jun 18, 2005
U r Stinky Mcbutt mkay?

Ola posted:

5000 mile service intervals please.

Haha, fat chance!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Service intervals measured in actual revolutions of the motor

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOZer6HhXu8&feature=related

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

infraboy posted:

2002 K1200RS, 70000 miles, 2900$ with the hard locking saddlebags and givi trunk in the rear.

Whoah, that is a steal. The bags alone are worth like half that.

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

Makes me sad that they called Husqvarna Italian, but they're right I guess since they are built in italy (although bmw apparently owns them these days). And Husaberg got bought by KTM. :sweden: :smith:

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Weren't Husaberg's unreliable before KTM bought them? Something about no oil pump and just relied on the cam chain slinging the oil to the topend?

Welp that had nothing to do with KTM apparently...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Husaberg#Reliability

Bondematt fucked around with this message at 01:49 on May 8, 2011

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Retarded Pimp posted:

Content
Husky's new V3 motor

Just to point out, they haven't actually built a running version of this motor, the one in the show bike is a plastic model.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark
An old video, but I just ran across it. Can anyone clue me in on what is going on here? Also, this guy has a great riding suit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eJL4Z8ROX4

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
All of motojournal's videos are like that. Or better. And all of Serge Noques suits have something on the shoulders. It's great.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

henne posted:

All of motojournal's videos are like that. Or better. And all of Serge Noques suits have something on the shoulders. It's great.

Well I wish I spoke the language. As it is right now it is kind of surreal watching it with no idea what is going on.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

henne posted:

That Serge dude is ridiculous. I love how he always manages to find some kind of overgrown goat-track shortcut through the woods or something and just bombs down it anyway. :black101:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Atticus_1354 posted:

An old video, but I just ran across it. Can anyone clue me in on what is going on here? Also, this guy has a great riding suit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eJL4Z8ROX4

Those are some masculine loving eyebrows. Look at those goddamn things.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Atticus_1354 posted:

Well I wish I spoke the language. As it is right now it is kind of surreal watching it with no idea what is going on.

The latest one has english subtitles. They are hilarious though, even if you don't understand the language.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
I think not having any clue what in the world they're talking about makes it that much funnier.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

-Inu- posted:

I think not having any clue what in the world they're talking about makes it that much funnier.

Combined with Serge's insane riding style, it's completely surrealistic.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
No poo poo, I took it super easy on a ride yesterday after the rear stepped out in some gravel despite me doing everything I could to prevent it, and it was like that everywhere. He's taking dirty dusty gravelly roads at speed and not caring, or maybe sticking a leg out.

:psyduck:

I'm impressed.

Edit: Also from what's left of my high school French they're not saying much special, just introducing the places and describing them a bit in a show host kind of way.

"We're going here next" and "the asphalt here is excellent" and the like

nsaP fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 8, 2011

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
These lunatic hoon Frenchies own

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Took the F11 out today for its first real ride of the season. Riding that bike always takes some getting used to, but its fun once you get in the groove again.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

25 squid pics, including Dr. House.
http://thethrottle.thechive.com/2011/05/03/the-infamous-squid-25-pictures/

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

Retarded Pimp posted:

25 squid pics, including Dr. House.
http://thethrottle.thechive.com/2011/05/03/the-infamous-squid-25-pictures/

#9 is SIlver, from our very own forum.

Forty Two
Jun 8, 2007

quote:

guessing from the pictures a squid is umm me. i ride with a good full face , thin pants and t shirt every day to school ,uniform, and weekends are often the same except shorts , and flip flops. yeah i've crashed no i didn't change either time.

quote:

Psshhaw, a little road rash never hurt anybody. I've come home from mountain biking looking worse than that.

:ughh:

You could almost convince me that they're just trolling, but I have so little faith in humanity left that I don't find it very difficult to believe that they're completely serious.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

KozmoNaut posted:

:allears: There is nothing about this pic thats not amazing

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

KozmoNaut posted:

This. Nothing feels better than knowing your cheap-rear end bike is faster than just about any car you could meet at the lights.

"Oh, is that a new GTI/335i/S4/Boxster/whatever? How much was it? Why, isn't that just a precious little thing? :smug:"

I'm a total dick, I keep pace with them the first couple of seconds before pulling away from them. I just love the dead-serious look most of those young self-absorbed douchebags have on their faces before they get wiped out by a completely non-sporty bike that's almost as old as they are with big-rear end grandpa mirrors and everything. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

I like when I am humbled by a car - I, ahem, kept pace with a Mustang a few weeks back on the highway. It looked bone stock other than slicks and skinnies, we pulled over and talked and it was a very heavily modded 4.6 with a large turbo. He was out doing a shakedown on low boost but it was probably good for a mid 9 when running high boost.

Also, I know 'someone' with a 710hp 997 Turbo. That car is a beast.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Anyone who reads PB mag should be familiar with Laurie Smith's work. He's just about finished his new project.

EDIT: Link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Link requires login.

What are the advantages of a front suspension as such?