Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

pokeyman posted:

I'm not the one who was asking, and I believe you, but what are some of those reasons?

Three major reasons:
  • Not doing a thesis means that you don't get a chance to show off your research chops, and you don't get a nice letter of recommendation from your thesis advisor. PhD applicants live and die by their letters, so this is a big deal. This isn't really specific to online programs, but it's still a major factor.
  • Online programs tend to cater towards people who are looking for credentials to advance in their non-academic careers. As a result, they tend to offer more in the way of practical courses and less in the way of theory. Anyone doing research--even the biggest empiricist in the world--needs a solid background in theory, and probably won't benefit in the short run from the more practical education.
  • Fair or not, some people are skeptical about online education, and a lot of academics fall into that crowd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Cool, thanks for the replies.

Banjos4Hobos
Jun 22, 2006
Edit: nm, worked it out!

Banjos4Hobos fucked around with this message at 13:51 on May 7, 2011

_aaron
Jul 24, 2007
The underscore is silent.
Yeah, those were the types of answers I was looking for (although not really what I wanted to hear :(). Thanks for the replies.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Crossposted from the Apple Software Thread

I have no clue if this can be done, but see that in Mail under rules there is an option to run an applescript.

I don't even know if that is what I need to do.

I have 2 emails forwarded to my me.com account. I would like Mail to pick which signature to use based off which email account the mail came from. Is there a way to do this and if so any direction on how to get this started?

I have zero experience with coding of any type.

FSMC
Apr 27, 2003
I love to live this lie
I'm trying to work out what some micro controller code is doing but am getting getting confused by what's going on or how it's working.

The code basically displays stuff on the LCD.

code:
typedef struct
{
  __IO uint16_t LCD_REG;
  __IO uint16_t LCD_RAM;
} LCD_TypeDef;

#define LCD_BASE           ((uint32_t)(0x60000000 | 0x0C000000))
#define LCD                ((LCD_TypeDef *) LCD_BASE)

void LCD_SetCursor(uint8_t Xpos, uint16_t Ypos)
{
  LCD_WriteReg(LCD_REG_32, Xpos);
  LCD_WriteReg(LCD_REG_33, Ypos);
}

void LCD_WriteReg(uint8_t LCD_Reg, uint16_t LCD_RegValue)
{
  /* Write 16-bit Index, then Write Reg */
  LCD->LCD_REG = LCD_Reg;
  /* Write 16-bit Reg */
  LCD->LCD_RAM = LCD_RegValue;
}

void LCD_WriteRAM_Prepare(void)
{
  LCD->LCD_REG = LCD_REG_34;
}

void LCD_WriteRAM(uint16_t RGB_Code)
{
  /* Write 16-bit GRAM Reg */
  LCD->LCD_RAM = RGB_Code;
}

void main()
{
LCD_SetCursor(0, 0);
LCD_WriteRAM_Prepare();

//this for loop will display 999 random pixels. It will start from a corner and go along the display then will start a new row.
for(int i=0; i<999; i++)
{
LCD_WriteRAM(rand());
}

}
I think that should be most of the relevant code. I think part of my problem is I've never really used define statements for anything non-trivial.

I've got two kind of ideas on how the code works.
1.LCD points to two spaces of memory. LCD_RAM and LCD_REGISTER. Once they are written to something read them straight away and does stuff with them. So I write the whole image to the same space of memory and something does stuff with that. Maybe it's more like sending a signal rather than writing to large block of memory.
2.Something to do with pointers, so that after LCD_WriteRAM has been used the space of memory the next write goes to is incremented?

My guess at what stuff means. LCD_BASE: uint32. LCD is a pointer to LCD_BASE which is typecast. Everything else just writes different values to what is at the the addresses in the LCD_BASE definition.

rolleyes
Nov 16, 2006

Sometimes you have to roll the hard... two?
I'm not totally sure what you're asking, but do you have the documentation for the LCD? I did a microcontroller module at Uni which involved a similar kind of low level access to an LCD (poking around in registers etc) but each manufacturer has their own set of standards and even different models within the same manufacturer will vary depending on their feature set.

I'm guessing the code is C (or C++?) and is being written to run directly on an embedded processor, but knowing your build environment/toolchain would help along with whether you're using any related libraries etc.

edit:
A brief explanation of what I think is going on, although I could be out as it's a while since I've done much with pointers.

The LCD_BASE define is declaring the base address for accessing the LCD. Why this is done by logically OR-ing two 32 bit numbers I'm not sure but might have some significance to whatever's in the documentation. The LCD define is then setting up the LCD constant to be a pointer to an LCD_TypeDef struct at the LCD_BASE address. Again, presumably the significance of this would become clear from information in the LCD documentation.

After that it all gets a bit murky especially as there are constants in use (LCD_REG_nn) which aren't declared in your code sample. Presumably these represent individual registers in some way but again, without seeing documentation, it's difficult to say exactly what's happening. It's also not immediately obvious how the values placed into the memory pointed at by the LCD constant are picked up - my guess would be that the LCD's microcontroller is constantly polling that address to see what's in it, but that is literally just a guess.

rolleyes fucked around with this message at 22:12 on May 8, 2011

TasteMyHouse
Dec 21, 2006
Do you just want someone to walk through the code and explain everything?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Alfalfa posted:

I have 2 emails forwarded to my me.com account. I would like Mail to pick which signature to use based off which email account the mail came from. Is there a way to do this and if so any direction on how to get this started?

I don't think you want to use a rule for that. From what I gather, rules are applied to incoming messages. If you wanted to automatically reply to every incoming message immediately after it's received using a certain signature, you could use a rule, but that sounds like an unhelpful rule.

I notice that you can select which signature is used in the compose message window (there's a pulldown menu), so what I'm picturing is an AppleScript that you run from the script menu. The workflow would be: you select a message you want to reply to, and then invoke an AppleScript that 1. Finds said selected message, 2. Checks which email address it was sent to, 3. Creates a new reply, 4. Sets the signature depending on the email address from step two. (Once it's in the script menu, you can assign a hotkey from the Keyboard pane in System Preferences.)

I have no idea how to do any of that, however I came across some guy's collection of Mail scripts, so maybe that'll give you a start.

quote:

I have zero experience with coding of any type.

Enjoy the rabbit hole!

FSMC
Apr 27, 2003
I love to live this lie

rolleyes posted:

I'm guessing the code is C (or C++?) and is being written to run directly on an embedded processor, but knowing your build environment/toolchain would help along with whether you're using any related libraries etc.

It's from the for the STM32103-EVAL board. I'm using Atollic TrueStudio and that's from their default template.

I didn't even think about looking at the LCD docs, that could explain stuff.

TasteMyHouse posted:

Do you just want someone to walk through the code and explain everything?

I gave two ideas on how I thought it worked and wanted to know if one either one was on the right track.

But if you are offering to walk through the code and explain everything I wouldn't complain.

FSMC fucked around with this message at 22:43 on May 8, 2011

rolleyes
Nov 16, 2006

Basically, we can point you in the right direction for learning C but the chances of anyone here being able to help with your specific hardware (which seems to be the problem) are vanishingly small. If you're that new to the platform you're probably going to have better luck on the manufacturer's/supplier's forum (if they have one) or finding a community forum.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

pokeyman posted:

I don't think you want to use a rule for that. From what I gather, rules are applied to incoming messages. If you wanted to automatically reply to every incoming message immediately after it's received using a certain signature, you could use a rule, but that sounds like an unhelpful rule.

I notice that you can select which signature is used in the compose message window (there's a pulldown menu), so what I'm picturing is an AppleScript that you run from the script menu. The workflow would be: you select a message you want to reply to, and then invoke an AppleScript that 1. Finds said selected message, 2. Checks which email address it was sent to, 3. Creates a new reply, 4. Sets the signature depending on the email address from step two. (Once it's in the script menu, you can assign a hotkey from the Keyboard pane in System Preferences.)

I have no idea how to do any of that, however I came across some guy's collection of Mail scripts, so maybe that'll give you a start.

Enjoy the rabbit hole!

Appreciate the help. Time to start digging around on that script link and get to work.

Rubies
Dec 30, 2005

Live Forever
Die Every Day

:h: :s: :d: :c:
Hey dudes. I'm wondering just how integrated facebook can get. What I need is a website that functions as a sort of social network but uses facebook to login. For example, if someone went to rubiesstupidexample.com, they could create a profile and all that but would use facebook to login. Maybe it would pull some of their info or photos or something but beyond that there are things going on unrelated to facebook. And it all happens on rubiesstupidexample.com, not in a window within a person's facebook or anything.

I know I'm not explaining myself well, but an example of what I'm interested in is how MySpace is now (remember the good times we used to have together, myspace? :allears:). They have a thing where you can log in w/ your ms username/password BUT beneath it it says "or connect with facebook". And when you do that you're browsing myspace but they know who you are from facebook.

Whew. If this needs some clearing up let me know. Thanks in advance, smarty pants!

shrughes
Oct 11, 2008

(call/cc call/cc)
I've become interested in obsolete platforms so I'd like to do some programming for Windows 7.

What are good resources for learning about unmanaged Windows programming in the programming language C/C++?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Rubies posted:

What I need is a website that functions as a sort of social network but uses facebook to login.!

http://developers.facebook.com/docs/guides/web/

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I blew some time last night trying to figure out how to generate Python bindings for some C++ source code. For my own code I don't consider it a huge fuss to manually mash out the Python bindings using Boost's own stuff, but I sure do for other people's stuff. But I guess there isn't a free lunch. I was trying to use Py++ against a few files from another project and got bit on it. Particularly I wanted to get some template code turned into Python. Not the template itself, but instantiable typedef'd types because they had the parameters filled in completely. It sounds like a solvable problem but all the stuff online points to web sites that were down.

I wondered if there were other systems in place for doing automatic binding generation that I could try. I suspect though that at the end of the day I'll just have to manually write the bindings for the stuff I want as I come to know I want them.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

shrughes posted:

I've become interested in obsolete platforms so I'd like to do some programming for Windows 7.

What are good resources for learning about unmanaged Windows programming in the programming language C/C++?

Petzold is the classical author of Windows programming books. The sample code included with the Windows SDK is extensive. I've found it fairly productive to figure out how to do something by looking at the sample code and keeping MSDN open to look up functions and structures.

The downside to the above is that some of the samples have barely been updated since 1995, or the 1995 samples were superseded in 1999 and then again in 2006 but they're all included in the SDK anyway; but the upside is that there's still additions ongoing to this day.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
I'm looking for some assistance with creating an xml schema. I've got little to no experience with it and could use some assistance with some errors I see when validating.

I'm attempting to create an xml file for a java program that will send out VMS (traffic sign) data.

I'll gift a forum upgrade to anyone who can help me out as this is driving me nuts, just drop me a PM. Thanks

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The people who need the forum upgrades the most can't send private messages :)

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

rt4 posted:

The people who need the forum upgrades the most can't send private messages :)

Feel free to email me then

*removed*

edit: Figured out my problem. Was simpler then I thought

Morand fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 12, 2011

rolleyes
Nov 16, 2006

Very true, you'd have better luck with email. Set up a disposable email address if you don't want to use your real one.

drat you!
VVV

rolleyes fucked around with this message at 20:41 on May 11, 2011

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

rolleyes posted:

Very true, you'd have better luck with email. Set up a disposable email address if you don't want to use your real one.

Already done

artificialj
Aug 17, 2004

You're the gourmet around here, Eddie.
So, I don't know if this is against the rules here, but if it is, I'm sorry, and will delete this post.

MY MOM called me today, and told me that if I can accomplish this one computer related thing for her, that she will never ask me to come over and turn her printer on again.

She is all riled up because the local news has an online poll that asks really divisive questions every day, and the results are always like 90 to 10 in favor of the "conservative" answer. She wants me to come up with some sort of voting bot for her. The news website seems to allow me multiple votes if I just disable cookies, but I need to refresh the page and then scroll down to vote, hit the radio button, and submit. Entire operation takes like 15 sec, and I am not willing to sit there and manually submit like 1000 votes or more.

Any advice on how I can automate this? I'd need some way to be able to choose different options to vote for every day.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

artificialj posted:

So, I don't know if this is against the rules here, but if it is, I'm sorry, and will delete this post.

MY MOM called me today, and told me that if I can accomplish this one computer related thing for her, that she will never ask me to come over and turn her printer on again.

She is all riled up because the local news has an online poll that asks really divisive questions every day, and the results are always like 90 to 10 in favor of the "conservative" answer. She wants me to come up with some sort of voting bot for her. The news website seems to allow me multiple votes if I just disable cookies, but I need to refresh the page and then scroll down to vote, hit the radio button, and submit. Entire operation takes like 15 sec, and I am not willing to sit there and manually submit like 1000 votes or more.

Any advice on how I can automate this? I'd need some way to be able to choose different options to vote for every day.

Either throw WWW::Mechanize (or a port or equivalent thereof) at it, or ask your mother not to be a loving Liar

artificialj
Aug 17, 2004

Otto Skorzeny posted:

Either throw WWW::Mechanize (or a port or equivalent thereof) at it, or ask your mother not to be a loving Liar

I have no idea what the first part means, but will do some research on it.

As for her being a loving Liar, I tried to call her out on it, but then realized that if I accomplished this, not only would she not be calling me every afternoon to "vote on her side," but maybe, just possibly, her ISP would figure out her deal, and "ban her from the internet."

Boobo
Apr 9, 2007
I'm very new to programming, with a little more experience in HTML than anything else, just getting into Python. I've got a small project that should be quite simple, but it is driving me insane.

I've got two web-pages, each of which display a simple list of account numbers. What I'm trying to do is read both lists, and display elsewhere the difference between them. Ideally this would be list 2 minus list 1. It would be nice to be able to output the difference as html, but right now I would be satisfied with anything that displayed and could be manipulated later.

I should also note, and this part has me frustrated the most, while the lists on each page are essentially the same format, one list has additional information at each line. Really all I need is a comparator that looks at the first 12 characters found on each line.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

artificialj posted:

There's a plugin for Firefox called "Selenium IDE" that will record and automate clicks for you, maybe that'll do it.

foundtomorrow
Feb 10, 2007
So I have some programming experience, but it all deals with SQL stuff and geo-spatial types of things (Web-mapping applications).

I'd like to write a little script that monitors the text on a web page that refreshes every 60 seconds by itself. I've tried viewing the source code of the web page to find out if it's reading off a SQL server or what it is pinging for the information but I can not seem to figure out how to use Firebug for this task with any success.

I'd like the script to send me a text or e-mail upon certain words or phrases showing up on the monitored webpage. This will happen about once/twice a day sometimes slightly more or less.

Can someone tell me which concepts/language they would recommend for this? I have Web Dev. Express '10 that I use every once in a while. I also have Flash app building experience.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated, because Google failed me.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Hey guys, have a question. Wasn't sure if it fit in Tech Support or here, but figured since it was command line database stuff here was more appropriate.

I'm fairly a newb but I run a decent sized gaming forum using vBulletin. I'm wanting to duplicate that forums database and files to another directory to have a test bed to work on.

I've been using this guide.

I have root access to the server it's hosted on so I've been doing everything via Putty command line. Phpmyadmin or nothing like that is installed on the server. I get through all the steps fine until I restore the .sql backup into a new database. It takes forever to complete in putty but when it says it's done I fire up the cloned forum and I just get DB errors.

It fails every time at the point of restoring the backup into the new forum. I'm not sure if it's just timing out or if the file is too big. It's size is listed as 2,230,551,151 in WinSCP.

Any tips would be appreciated. I tried to find a command to just duplicate a database with a new name so I don't gently caress up the live database but I didn't have much luck at all.

Disappointing Pie fucked around with this message at 08:31 on May 12, 2011

MrDog
Apr 21, 2009

Modern Pragmatist posted:

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking, but I think that I understand enough to be able to point you at parametric equations. Basic idea being that X and Y coordinates are functions of (at least) one other parameter (t). As t changes, X and Y evolve. So basically your different points in the snake will have different starting t's but the size of delta-t will be the same. So all circles will follow after one another.

Using parametric equations you can make a ton of different patterns. Alternately, you could vary the equations for X(t) and Y(t) over time to get a seemingly random movement.

Thanks for this, it's definitely something that helped, in my game as well as some other projects I was doing...

artificialj
Aug 17, 2004

rt4 posted:

There's a plugin for Firefox called "Selenium IDE" that will record and automate clicks for you, maybe that'll do it.

Cool, thanks, I'll look into that one.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Disappointing Pie posted:

Hey guys, have a question. Wasn't sure if it fit in Tech Support or here, but figured since it was command line database stuff here was more appropriate.

What are the actual errors?

Are you moving this to another machine, or the same machine? Do you have a second install of vbulletin?

Try connecting to the DB manually (with mysql or whatever you're using) as the forum software user and see if you can view the 'new' DB.

2GB is big but not in the database world. I did some 1GB files the other day and it took about 15 minutes to import it on a C2D server.

Pie Colony
Dec 8, 2006
I AM SUCH A FUCKUP THAT I CAN'T EVEN POST IN AN E/N THREAD I STARTED
are there any good resources for puzzles/"programming challenges"? i'm working through the facebook puzzles and past google code jams, but i'm looking for other sources. project euler is kinda math-heavy for me. also i like optimization problems.

TasteMyHouse
Dec 21, 2006

Pie Colony posted:

are there any good resources for puzzles/"programming challenges"? i'm working through the facebook puzzles and past google code jams, but i'm looking for other sources. project euler is kinda math-heavy for me. also i like optimization problems.

http://uva.onlinejudge.org/

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Are there any decent references on how to do screen scraping on ASP.NET forms?

There's a web page I access that's an ASP.NET interface to a MySQL database. I don't have access to the database itself, only to this interface. I enter specific parameters into a series of textboxes and drop-down listboxes, then c/p the results (HTML tables) into a different document. There's roughly 100 such queries on two different web pages that I need to do periodically, and I'd like to automate the process to relieve the tedium.

I'll need to programmatically change the value of the input parameters, initiate the query, then from the results identify the beginning and end of the HTML tables I need, then copy that data and store it elsewhere. Rinse and repeat through a range of input variables. I've got a general idea of how to code it, but any references especially on changing the value of dropdown listboxes on ASP.NET forms would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

talaena
Aug 30, 2003

Danger Mouse! Power House!
I assume this would be the place for a UNIX sort question? Maybe the linux thread? - except I'm running on HP/UX and the sort is different. Anyway:

I'm trying to get UNIX to sort a field numerically, then alpha and I can't come up with a graceful way to do it:

code:
4 TREES      505BEOATR ONS   R1=41256R2=447957
4 TREES      505BEOATR ONS   R1=41256R2=447958
4 TREES      505BEOATR ONS   R1=41256R2=447990
4 TREES      505BEOATR 1.5   R1=44272R2=758734
4 TREES      505BEOATR 1.5   R1=44272R2=775346
4 TREES      505BEOATR 1.75  R1=44273R2=630577
4 TREES      505BEOATR 1.75  R1=44273R2=684902
4 TREES      505BEOATR 2.0   R1=42099R2=737818
4 TREES      505BEOATR 2.0   R1=42099R2=738778
4 TREES      505BEOATR 3F3   R1=41244R2=479405
4 TREES      505BEOATR 3F3   R1=41244R2=821169
4 TREES      505BEOATR 10F3  R1=44060R2=981805
4 TREES      505BEOATR 10F3  R1=44060R2=991913
4 TREES      505BEOATR 12F2  R1=41568R2=479362
4 TREES      505BEOATR 12F2  R1=41568R2=514930
The code is formatted thusly. and the sort command:

code:
sort -k1.1,1.22 -k1.23n,1.29
gets the 4th column sorted numerically how I want it; but the ONS' are at the top. I want them at the bottom with the numeric sorting above intact. If I remove the n, the sort naturally reverts to alpha and the ONS drops down; but the 10's and 12's move up where they shouldn't be.

I feel like I'm missing something stupid (I usually am); and my natural instinct is to develop a inanely complex solution. I want to ignore that urge and actually find a proper solution.

The file isn't just that above, but it's a series of grouped data points that are all perfectly sorted, except the ONS's need to move down to the bottom of each subset. I feel like awk might do it, but every time I man awk I feel like kicking myself in the junk

Little_Yellow_Duck
Feb 16, 2002
Who wears short shorts

Boobo posted:

I'm very new to programming, with a little more experience in HTML than anything else, just getting into Python. I've got a small project that should be quite simple, but it is driving me insane.

The set datatype has a difference function. foo.difference(bar) would show all the values of foo that aren't in bar.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Right, I'm still trying to get a schema up for some xml.

Here is the xml I am trying to generate a schema for.

code:
<vmss time="2011-05-13T21:32:52">
<vms id="319" name="84W E. Hartford E/O x56" roadway="84W E. Hartford E/O x56" milemarker="2.67" System_ID="1">
<CurrentNtcipMessageString>
TRAVEL TIMES[nl]CIP - 3 MIN[nl]JFK - 9 MIN
</CurrentNtcipMessageString>
<LastChangedAt>
Fri, 13 May 2001 12:53:18
</LastChangedAt>
<StatusText>Sign is Operational</StatusText>
<StatusCode>0</StatusCode>
</vms>
<vms id="319" name="84W E. Hartford E/O x56" roadway="84W E. Hartford E/O x56" milemarker="2.67" System_ID="1">
<CurrentNtcipMessageString>

</CurrentNtcipMessageString>
<LastChangedAt>
Fri, 13 May 2001 12:53:18
</LastChangedAt>
<StatusText>Sign is Operational</StatusText>
<StatusCode>0</StatusCode>
</vms>
</vmss>
Here is the schema I've created.

code:
<xsd:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" version="1.0" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <xsd:element name="vmss" type="vmssType" />
  <xsd:complexType name="vmssType">
    <xsd:sequence>
      <xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" name="vms" type="vmsType" />
    </xsd:sequence>
    <xsd:attribute name="time" type="xsd:dateTime" />
  </xsd:complexType>
  <xsd:complexType name="vmsType">
    <xsd:sequence>
      <xsd:element name="CurrentNtcipMessageString" type="xsd:string" />
      <xsd:element name="LastChangedAt" type="xsd:string" />
      <xsd:element name="StatusText" type="xsd:string" />
      <xsd:element name="StatusCode" type="xsd:int" />
    </xsd:sequence>
    <xsd:attribute name="id" type="xsd:int" />
    <xsd:attribute name="name" type="xsd:string" />
    <xsd:attribute name="roadway" type="xsd:string" />
    <xsd:attribute name="milemarker" type="xsd:decimal" />
    <xsd:attribute name="System_ID" type="xsd:int" />
  </xsd:complexType>
</xsd:schema>
When attempting to validate the schema, I constantly see the following

quote:

cvc-complex-type.2.3: Element 'vmss' cannot have character [children], because the type's content type is element-only.

Google's not helping. My offer of a forum upgrade to the first person to help still stands.

Morand fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 13, 2011

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Morand posted:

Here is the xml I am trying to generate a schema for.

Is it intentionally typed with double > (first line)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Shy posted:

Is it intentionally typed with double > (first line)?

Typo