Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Duckman2008 posted:

Always worth a try, but usually animals chewing on it kills warranty.
Not what I wanted to hear of course but thanks anyway. If I can find my non-phone camera I'll post some pictures along with the eventual resolution of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

Why yes... I am full of stars!
Has anyone else ran into the problem with google voice that when you try to integrate your account with it, it just flags a generic error saying "There was an error with your request. Please try again." I've tried for a few days and called sprint, the only solution they gave me was doing a hard reset on the phone and I've done that twice.

fagalicious
Jan 15, 2004

WHAT FAG

brc64 posted:

I've always understood the Airave (and Airvana) as being essentially VoIP to cellular adapters. That's the whole point. I could be wrong.. maybe it does need some faint Sprint signal to latch onto, but I'm reasonably sure that's not the case. I'd call again and talk to a different person.

You are correct, the whole use of it is when you have no signal. I'd call back and try for someone who knows what they're talking about.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Would the Nexus S 4G be available for the EPRP plans? It sounds like it's going to be Best Buy exclusive for a while.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

ThermoPhysical posted:

Would the Nexus S 4G be available for the EPRP plans? It sounds like it's going to be Best Buy exclusive for a while.

I don't know about EPRP plans, but I do know that the Nexus S isn't going to be a Best Buy exclusive. I was at my local Sprint store talking to them about the phone and they said they would have plenty of them available on Sunday.

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

ShowTime posted:

I don't know about EPRP plans, but I do know that the Nexus S isn't going to be a Best Buy exclusive. I was at my local Sprint store talking to them about the phone and they said they would have plenty of them available on Sunday.

And there have been several reports of people purchasing them today, actually.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

If the Nexus S will be on EPRP, I may just wait until Sunday to pick up the EPRP + Nexus S instead of the EVO 4G.

rattrap
Mar 25, 2005

Decided I'm going with the Nexus S myself so I can finally ditch this TP2. I called today and upgraded my holdout SERO to Premium.

Employee care is pretty awesome. Rep spotted my Google Voice integration and suggested I disable it temporarily since their packaged rate plans would have probably messed it up.

Rent
Jul 20, 2004
Steal the warm wind tired friend

ShowTime posted:

I believe Best Buy is saying it's a nation retail exclusive, which just means Radioshack and Walmart and the like aren't getting it for awhile. Sprint should still have it.

Fun fact: Apparently the Nexus S on Tmobile was a huge deal; only Best Buy had the Nexus S. It wasn't in Tmobile stores. Only about 1/3 of Best Buys actually carry Tmobile. The other ones have to special order it and have it sent to your home. The best part is, we have them in the store, they're all the same, just can't activate them if we're not a Tmobile location.

Google is absolutely loving retarded if they think people really want "FREEDOM OF CHOICE" and will pay $530 for an unlocked phone. We sold a whopping zero Nexus S at my location because of this. At least the accessories will go to use now.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Rent posted:

I believe Best Buy is saying it's a nation retail exclusive, which just means Radioshack and Walmart and the like aren't getting it for awhile. Sprint should still have it.

Even my store has them in stock already, so Sprint corporate stores will have them for anyone with EPRP.

For anyone with an IndividualData $69.99 base plan (not EPRP), the Sprint promo of 300 extra minutes is already in the system. No contract extension and it sticks as long as you don't change plans. If you want it just PM me your last name and cell #, I don't mind adding it for you. Or calling Sprint would do the trick as well.

So minutes go from 450 > 750, and Any Mobile Any Time still applies.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Even my store has them in stock already, so Sprint corporate stores will have them for anyone with EPRP.

So it should also be on the EPRP website too on Sunday? If so, maybe I should plan to buy it early Sunday morning...

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

For anyone with an IndividualData $69.99 base plan (not EPRP), the Sprint promo of 300 extra minutes is already in the system. No contract extension and it sticks as long as you don't change plans. If you want it just PM me your last name and cell #, I don't mind adding it for you. Or calling Sprint would do the trick as well.

Sent you a PM on that promo thing. Thanks duders.

Jensen
Jun 4, 2006
How long was that promo good for again?

echollin
Apr 14, 2007

Mistikman posted:

gently caress.

I just called retentions regarding my abysmal cell service at home, and the guy I talked to said that the signal booster won't actually work for me, since I am not even close enough to a cell tower to get a signal to bounce off.

This means that for as long as I live where I am at, I get effectively no cell service and my battery dies super fast. What a pain in the rear end.

Why would it need to hook into my internet anyways if it needed to be near a cell tower?

As it has already been pointed out the person doesn't have the correct info having a tower to latch on to is not relevant but Sprint may not have a license in your area, you can verify if the airave will work for you using this link http://www.sprint.com/landings/airave_eligibility/index.html?ECID=vanity:airavezip

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Ozmodiar posted:

Google and Sprint responded to the Google Voice issues:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/06/google-and-sprint-respond-to-google-voice-integration-issues/

Still no answer on why this happens to me:

:(
No matter what I put in the box it just sits there forever on this screen.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ThermoPhysical posted:

So it should also be on the EPRP website too on Sunday? If so, maybe I should plan to buy it early Sunday morning...

Anything that sells Sprint should be selling the Nexus S by tomorrow.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Anything that sells Sprint should be selling the Nexus S by tomorrow.

Awesome!

I called Sprint yesterday and they did a credit check, they said I'd have to pay a $100 deposit. That's fine. However, when I checked on the EPRP site, they said nothing about a deposit.

Will that deposit come in the form of my first bill?

UFO
Sep 11, 2001
ASK ME ABOUT NEVER HITTING THE REPORT BUTTON AGAIN.
I'm great at pissing off the admins!
How do I upgrade from sero premium to sero premium 4g?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ThermoPhysical posted:

Awesome!

I called Sprint yesterday and they did a credit check, they said I'd have to pay a $100 deposit. That's fine. However, when I checked on the EPRP site, they said nothing about a deposit.

Will that deposit come in the form of my first bill?

No, deposits have to be paid upfront, so you would pay $200 for the nexus, $100 for the deposit. It seems you are porting, so you will get a $125 credit on day 61 (you must report your number on sprint.com/switchtosprint within 72 hours). $100 deposit comes back in 12 months. First month's bill you will get in a week or two.

Eyecannon
Mar 13, 2003

you are what you excrete

UFO posted:

How do I upgrade from sero premium to sero premium 4g?

Activate a 4G phone.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

No, deposits have to be paid upfront, so you would pay $200 for the nexus, $100 for the deposit. It seems you are porting, so you will get a $125 credit on day 61 (you must report your number on sprint.com/switchtosprint within 72 hours). $100 deposit comes back in 12 months. First month's bill you will get in a week or two.

Ok, that's cool.

Yea, I'm porting from Virgin Mobile. The rep I talked to said I couldn't do the credit because Virgin is a part of Sprint...but I'll give it a shot.

A week or two after activation? Wow. I didn't expect that. I was told that it'd be in June that I'd pay my first bill and not May.

So I buy the phone and the deposit, then 2 weeks or so after, I pay for the first month's bill (which would be about May 22nd if I get the Nexus S on the EPRP plan tomorrow) then I have to pay the other bill on June 22nd?

nocal
Mar 7, 2007
I checked out upgrade options today. I was getting annoyed that every decent phone is 4G and necessitates an extra $10/month, despite the fact that I wouldn't have 4G coverage.

Imagine my surprise when I figure out that every single "smartphone" has a $10/month surcharge.

I guess I'll be getting the Nexus S or the EVO3D, since I have to stop holding my breath for webOs...

(also touchpro2 is $200 on contract lol)

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ThermoPhysical posted:

Ok, that's cool.

Yea, I'm porting from Virgin Mobile. The rep I talked to said I couldn't do the credit because Virgin is a part of Sprint...but I'll give it a shot.

A week or two after activation? Wow. I didn't expect that. I was told that it'd be in June that I'd pay my first bill and not May.

So I buy the phone and the deposit, then 2 weeks or so after, I pay for the first month's bill (which would be about May 22nd if I get the Nexus S on the EPRP plan tomorrow) then I have to pay the other bill on June 22nd?

Oh, I didn't realize you are porting from Virgin Mobile. No port credit then, sorry.

Bill date is a guess, at this point you wouldn't have to pay until June, they are correct.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Oh, I didn't realize you are porting from Virgin Mobile. No port credit then, sorry.

Bill date is a guess, at this point you wouldn't have to pay until June, they are correct.

Ahhh. Okay. :) I was worried about that for a second.

Okay, no big about no credit. I mean it'd be cool but I understand why.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Wow, I hadn't checked this thread in awhile, there were like 250+ unread posts!

Anyways.....played with the Nexus S a lot over the past few days. I love it. It is perfect. There is nothing especially cool about it. It is just the perfect size, beautiful screen, no Sprint bloatware on it. No lovely Samsung software.

Also our fact tags for the Xoom (also launching tomorrow) read: Marconi Xoom

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Duckman2008 posted:

Is there a way I can walk into the store and get my nexus s for 200 bucks and get my EPRP added at the same time? For example, can I sign up on the web and go pick up my phone in store? Or do I setup my plan at a computer at the sprint store?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

madmaan posted:

Is there a way I can walk into the store and get my nexus s for 200 bucks and get my EPRP added at the same time? For example, can I sign up on the web and go pick up my phone in store? Or do I setup my plan at a computer at the sprint store?

Mahoning or chappy would know that one more than me.

And the Nexus S is a God send for sprint's phone lineup. They have been needing a solid all touchscreen phone slightly smaller than the Evo, and it does the trick. Sales on it already seem good (and after the Echo and Arrive, refreshing). Is it bad that despite my dislike of Samsung I would consider the Nexus?

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

wooom wooom vroooom ksh ksh vooom

madmaan posted:

If you don't yet have an EPRP account, you need to have one set up first, and no, you cannot set it up online and get your phone in store.

It's next day shipping though, so you should have it tuesday if you order it tomorrow.

Finally, I'm absolutely in love with the xoom

Chappy fucked around with this message at 05:07 on May 8, 2011

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Chappy posted:

If you don't yet have an EPRP account, you need to have one set up first, and no, you cannot set it up online and get your phone in store.

It's next day shipping though, so you should have it tuesday if you order it tomorrow.

Finally, I'm absolutely in love with the xoom

Btw, at this moment you can now order your nexus s online through sprint.com

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

I ported my sprint # to google voice and now I can't use Handcent to do SMS with.
It only shows up in the google voice app. That wouldn't be so bad but swype refuses to give me an enter key in it, where Handcent lets me chose whether it will be the enter key or a smiley key.
Noticfications are still checked in Handcent, I even tried uninstalling the google voice app to see if that would help but I couldn't get any new messages until I re-installed it.
What do I try now?

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

Duckman2008 posted:

Mahoning or chappy would know that one more than me.

And the Nexus S is a God send for sprint's phone lineup. They have been needing a solid all touchscreen phone slightly smaller than the Evo, and it does the trick. Sales on it already seem good (and after the Echo and Arrive, refreshing). Is it bad that despite my dislike of Samsung I would consider the Nexus?
Nope, it's the only Samsung I would consider too. I'd be worried about longevity though, I'm pretty sure I'd want to upgrade in less than two years.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

My Virgin Mobile bill is due on Wednesday. I want to move my phone from them to Sprint, however, I won't be able to pay VM. My service with VM is still active, can I still do a port from VM to Sprint?

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Thumposaurus posted:

I ported my sprint # to google voice and now I can't use Handcent to do SMS with.
It only shows up in the google voice app. That wouldn't be so bad but swype refuses to give me an enter key in it, where Handcent lets me chose whether it will be the enter key or a smiley key.
Noticfications are still checked in Handcent, I even tried uninstalling the google voice app to see if that would help but I couldn't get any new messages until I re-installed it.
What do I try now?

You need to enable Text-Forwarding in your Google Voice options.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Well duh I should have thought of that.
So now it works but I am getting double notifications one in Handcent and one for google voice.
I don't see any option to turn off SMS notifications for just google voice.

Jensen
Jun 4, 2006

Thumposaurus posted:

So now it works but I am getting double notifications one in Handcent and one for google voice.

EDIT: less mean answer, you can disable notifications in google voice but it will disable both text and voicemail notifications.

Jensen fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 8, 2011

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

Thumposaurus posted:

You can't you'll have to disable notifications for google voice and then if you get a voice mail have it set to notify you by text. Thats the only way to keep from getting notifications from google.

Tubesock
Apr 20, 2002

Duckman2008 posted:

Jumpin' on this offer. Thanks.

gotly
Oct 28, 2007
Economy-Sized
Tried using EPRP but my company's 15% Sprint discount ended up being cheaper.

$400 for 2 Nexus S 4G's
$130.49/month for Simply Unlimited Data (so unlimited everything except 1500 landline minutes)
Activation fee waived.

I'm assuming I can't stack EPRP and my company's discount, but $65 per person per month is a pretty good deal. The company discount isn't tied to anything special, it's a discount for employee's personal plans. All I had to do is start from a special link.

VVV What is this? Where are you seeing this?

gotly fucked around with this message at 19:46 on May 8, 2011

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Anyone know if the 150 dollar Nexus S is for new customers only? Or can it be for people who are off contract with sprint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

gotly posted:

VVV What is this? Where are you seeing this?

http://tinyurl.com/3ljh2df