Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ungodly
May 8, 2009

Hot dog!

Mister Bung posted:

Seriously though, can someone help me out with my what appears to be the 'Blue' sky from Nevada Skies looks like this :
I've reinstalled all the files from the latest release of NS but it's still doing the same thing. Help?

I know this is from a couple of days ago, so I don't know if you've solved it yet, but I was having the same problem and figured out that if some of your detail settings are below whatever the medium setting is it screws up the textures in Nevada Skies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Sorry for this, i know I've asked this before, but I can't seem to find my original post- basically, is there a mod that would allow me to wear a Rebreather with glasses?

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

I'll meet you in Meereen,
we'll grub out.
I got really into modding in FO3 but I'm not sure I can be arsed to for NV. Is modding still as big a pain as ever?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

Sorry for this, i know I've asked this before, but I can't seem to find my original post- basically, is there a mod that would allow me to wear a Rebreather with glasses?

Here

Searching nexus with "rebreather" isn't really that hard.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

This is sorta related, and possibly old news that I just found out, but nVidia has released the 64 bit version of their DDS plugin for Photoshop. For the longest time they only had 32 bit.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Chronojam posted:

This is sorta related, and possibly old news that I just found out, but nVidia has released the 64 bit version of their DDS plugin for Photoshop. For the longest time they only had 32 bit.

Yeah, I updated mine a couple months ago.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

Started on the texture, will try to finish tomorrow.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
What could possibly cause this issue? Whenever I talk to an NPC, their lips move, the dialogue pops up... but theres no voice acting. I can't hear it, my Voice is max, my sound is max, I can hear music/passing by comments, but not conversation dialogue.

This is on an existing New Vegas game, and on a fresh install of FO3...

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Brace posted:

What could possibly cause this issue? Whenever I talk to an NPC, their lips move, the dialogue pops up... but theres no voice acting. I can't hear it, my Voice is max, my sound is max, I can hear music/passing by comments, but not conversation dialogue.

Could be a codec thing? FO/NV have issues with some audio filters/codecs from what I remember.

Fledgling Gulps posted:

I got really into modding in FO3 but I'm not sure I can be arsed to for NV. Is modding still as big a pain as ever?
Doing some things is less of a pain, but they've added a bunch more things that are also a pain. So... pretty much the same.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
This may be a stupid question, but how do I change my Fallout.ini so it isn't read-only with FOMM so I can install DarNified UI? I didn't see any option to do so under settings, but I know it asks you if you want to set it to write once you first boot FOMM up.

Edit: Nevermind, found a guide online.

Demostrs fucked around with this message at 22:15 on May 8, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Talkie Toaster posted:

Doing some things is less of a pain, but they've added a bunch more things that are also a pain. So... pretty much the same.

Weapons modding is probably the biggest 'new' pains and one that a vast majority of the modding community is utterly clueless about. And I don't mean that in a mean way - it actually is pretty loving confusing and difficult. I've sunk hundreds of hours into The Armory figuring out how poo poo works and fixing things and I still don't know all the ins and outs nor can I reliably figure out how to get certain things to function as they should.

Hell, it seems like even Obsidian doesn't reliably understand it from what I can tell. I discovered today that the regular hunting rifle isn't set up for proper animation while Boone's is. But considering that they made about 3-4 different ways to animate bolt action rifles for some god forsaken reason and each with their own separate animation calls, I'm not entirely shocked to discover that.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
Loved this game on my roommate's 360, finally got it for PC so now I can enjoy it as God intended, with a few dozen mods. Thanks for the good list in the OP.

Also, Naky, I'm having trouble getting a download of your Armory mod, when I clicked the download link it wasn't working. I really want to try it out :ohdear:

ElProducto
Oct 9, 2001
if you want to live low, live low

Naky posted:

Hell, it seems like even Obsidian doesn't reliably understand it from what I can tell. I discovered today that the regular hunting rifle isn't set up for proper animation while Boone's is. But considering that they made about 3-4 different ways to animate bolt action rifles for some god forsaken reason and each with their own separate animation calls, I'm not entirely shocked to discover that.

I'm sure this is true but that's just sort of how Obsidian makes games and has nothing really to do with the complexity of the engine.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Chief Savage Man posted:

Loved this game on my roommate's 360, finally got it for PC so now I can enjoy it as God intended, with a few dozen mods. Thanks for the good list in the OP.

Also, Naky, I'm having trouble getting a download of your Armory mod, when I clicked the download link it wasn't working. I really want to try it out :ohdear:

Right, I need to clear that up - is this the link from the main page on samods.org, or from the OP?

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Arenovalis posted:

Yeah, the WME author is also a FOOK team member so we work a lot more closely than I do with Antistar. I don't know why people seem to prefer WMX, I know Antistar originally made the FO3 mod back in the day but WME has been around almost since day one of New Vegas and it is generally much more compatible with mods, since it's built in a less-breaking way.

WME was slow to develop compatibility patches for some of the new mods that came out. A World of Pain didn't have a compatibility patch until like 2 months ago and that mod has been around for a long rear end time.

Presently it's a moot point though and the hiatus being taken by the WMX author is probably going to cause me to switch back to WME.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Naky posted:

Right, I need to clear that up - is this the link from the main page on samods.org, or from the OP?
Both of the links for v1.1 and the beta 1.5 under the mods>Fallout New Vegas page are broken, but the link to the final 1.5 fomod build on the front page (fourth news entry down) is working.

Horns fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 9, 2011

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug

Horns posted:

Both of the links for v1.1 and the beta 1.5 under the mods>Fallout New Vegas page are broken, but the link to the final 1.5 fomod build on the front page (fourth news entry down) is working.

Yeah, exactly this. Thanks for pointing me to a working link.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Horns posted:

Heh, I didn't even know about that page. I edited it with the latest links and info.

Crawlius
Apr 28, 2011

Arenovalis posted:

Started on the texture, will try to finish tomorrow.

I've spent a good 10 minutes staring at this. Also, I may or may not be hard right now. It's a mystery.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
I had a clean install of Fallout: NV, which started up fine. Just got done installing some mods and nvse 1.10 and now when I start it through the mod manager, it brings up the initial window, I hear the start of the logo sound and then it crashes. Any ideals?

FalloutNV.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
More Perks.esm
More Perks for Companions.esm
More Traits.esm
FOOK - New Vegas.esm
CASM.esp
Purge Cell Buffers.esp
Wasteland Defense.esp
Roleplay Start 1.2.esp
FOOK - New Vegas.esp
FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
More Perks Update.esp
More Perks for Companions Update.esp
More Traits Update.esp
NV_STTraitsandPerks - NVSE.esp
NV_STTraitsandPerks.esp
NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch - NVSE.esp
NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV4.esp
Color Me Evil.esp
Color Me Evil - Cass.esp
Nevada Skies.esp

Total active plugins: 24
Total plugins: 26

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Danith posted:

NV_STTraitsandPerks - NVSE.esp
NV_STTraitsandPerks.esp
NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch - NVSE.esp
NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch.esp

You're only supposed to have one of these active at any given time, not all four of them. I doubt this is causing crashes though.

BetterGamePerformance is probably what is causing you to crash. Any time you see a "game performance" mod that hasn't been updated in several patches you should probably avoid that poo poo like the loving plague, and a quick glance at the comments section for that file shows that others who use it are experiencing crashes as well.

SheepNameKiller fucked around with this message at 16:38 on May 9, 2011

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Danith posted:

FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esp

You don't have Dead Money so you don't need this.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Thanks! That was it. Now to figure out what kind of character to go with

edit: ^^^^^^

Ya, I also saw that and disabled it.

I'll disable that performance mod and see if things are smoother.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Danith posted:

I'll disable that performance mod and see if things are smoother.

I use most of your other mods or have used them at one point and it's pretty unlikely that anything else should give you much of a problem going forward.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

SheepNameKiller posted:

WME was slow to develop compatibility patches for some of the new mods that came out. A World of Pain didn't have a compatibility patch until like 2 months ago and that mod has been around for a long rear end time.

Presently it's a moot point though and the hiatus being taken by the WMX author is probably going to cause me to switch back to WME.

Yeah, when I set my latest build order WME just flat out wouldn't work with some other items on my modlist, whereas WMX was "install mod, check included patch ESP in load order, done." If that changes, that's cool. I can use WME next time.
Also I retain my bitterness towards early FOOK in FO3 SO YOU KNOW :mad: I'm assuming it's super way better at this point, though.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jan 26, 2021

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41721

woop woop

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Psion posted:

Also I retain my bitterness towards early FOOK in FO3 SO YOU KNOW :mad: I'm assuming it's super way better at this point, though.

I've never used FOOK because it changes way too many things about the game for my tastes. The FOOK experience seems to be targeted at modders who don't know what they're doing and want one mod to come in and do a bunch of poo poo for them, which puts me way outside of its target audience.

You could probably call me a project nevada fan because I'm really enjoying what they've released so far but I'm also a little pissed that it has taken this long for them to release the gameplay overhaul mod. Apparently the PN gameplay tweaks mod is totally and 100% complete but because the person who wrote the .exe installer didn't write it with the option of installing it as a standalone we need to wait for them to finish the equipment module before we'll ever see it.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I ran with PNV and Arewn's my last playthrough, that was pretty sweet.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

I used Arwen's at first but it was starting to get really ridiculously bloated, I'm not even sure what it would play like now since I tried it long before she added fatigue damage and all that crazy stuff. I also didn't like how Arwen's rebalances individual items by hand because it's always less elegant from a modding standpoint than rebalancing things using a multiplier.

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.

Brace posted:

What kind of speakers do you have? I have a set of logitech's that have this matrix mode virtual surround sound on it and if that's turned on (button on the volume control) sometimes i don't hear the sounds from games.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

You might also have set 5.1 speakers in the options when you have in reality 2.1, for instance.

HolocaustDenialman
Jan 3, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I also had problems with not hearing the dialogue, changing my speaker configurations from 7.1 to stereo fixed the problem.
They're also Logitech.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
I'm apparently retarded and cannot find the current version of the GECK for Vegas. All I can find is the one for Fallout 3. I think. I try to run it and it gets mad about an OldFile being missing.

Can someone point me in the right direction? :downs:

E:

hurrrr, found it.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 21:06 on May 9, 2011

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 26, 2021

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

"I wonder if there is beer on the sun."

harrygomm posted:

Quoting myself here for a minute. Went and compared the two mods (FO3 vs. F:NV) and found that we were talking about the same mod (the FalloutPerson416 reupload). Turns out, he did in fact simply delete world items that, for the most part, had no references in game at all. However, there are about 3 dozen items he deleted out that were actually referenced (paper weights, whetstones, paper clutter on the ground, something else I'm not remembering). So that definately could account for a lot of crashing.

Why would that cause crashes?

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 26, 2021

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
It's some sort of fluke in the Gamebryo engine - something similar happened in Oblivion's unofficial patches when they tried to delete a bunch of useless objects (mostly rocks that were below the ground level of the terrain,) they had to go back and mark them as disabled instead to prevent crashes.

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

"I wonder if there is beer on the sun."

harrygomm posted:

As I understand it, if a master file tries to reference an item that has been deleted (as opposed to simply set to null) it will cause a fatal error and then a CTD. I don't really know anything more specific than that tbh, this is just what I gleaned from reading through FNVEdit's section on deleting + null referencing.

m2pt5 posted:

It's some sort of fluke in the Gamebryo engine - something similar happened in Oblivion's unofficial patches when they tried to delete a bunch of useless objects (mostly rocks that were below the ground level of the terrain,) they had to go back and mark them as disabled instead to prevent crashes.

Well, gently caress. That explains why my game started crashing after downloading the better performance mod. Thanks for the help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V!ntar
Jul 12, 2010

I'll give you something to die for, baby, let's go insane.

And we can paint the town red, now show me that Crimson Rain.
Guys, does opening the character appearance screen (with showracemenu) affect my character other than in who it looks? I remember that in Fallout 3 it hosed up my perks, so I don't know if it's safe now

EDIT: gently caress it, it still does :( Is there any way to change that poo poo?
EDIT 2: I want to change the sex of my character... I CAN'T HAVE A LESBIAN CANNIBAL AFTER ALL
EDIT 3: Using SexChange seems to work fine... but the pipboy's animation is glitched. Gonna try if removing the pipboy fixes this...
EDIT 4: No it doesn't :(

V!ntar fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 10, 2011