Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

MoPZiG posted:

Do bundesliga clubs ever update their badges? I've always been a fan of their minimalist stamp and am glad they havent turned into clipart like most of England's sides.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1._FC_Kaiserslautern#Success_in_the_1950s_and_entry_to_the_Bundesliga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!
Most of the UK badge updates were done for trademarking reasons afaik.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

wish they still used the one with the pacman C.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Turns out that Aston Villa kit was a mock-up made by JJB.

Birmingham Mail

quote:

DON’T put your shirt on this being Aston Villa’s new kit – even though it was advertised for sale in an internet blunder.

A £50 top said to be the club’s new look for 2011/12 was made available for pre-ordering through the website of chain store JJB Sports.

But it was swiftly withdrawn hours later when it emerged the design was only an “early prototype”.

Villa officials could not account for how the Nike-branded shirt came to be advertised on the site.

But the mystery was solved when JJB officials revealed they had mocked up the shirt on a test website which was made publicly-accessible by mistake.

Villa merchandising boss John Greenfield said: “It’s an early prototype and Nike have since made extensive changes to satisfy our needs. We have been in contact with Nike with regards to where JJB got this information from and an inquiry is taking place.

“We don’t know why JJB were displaying this kit or deciding to advertise it for sale on a pre-order basis.”

The shirt displayed on the JJB site featured the club’s traditional claret body and blue sleeves but alarms bells may have started ringing among Villa fans as it bore the current sponsor FxPro, which will be replaced this summer.

JJB spokesman Terry Mugan admitted the firm had made a mistake by allowing customers access to the test site, which is used to prepare for the genuine launch of new club shirts.

“The image of the shirt was our own and this was a testing site that went live,” he said.

“We were aware of the mistake as soon as it happened and we have spoken to Nike and the club to apologise.”

Mr Greenfield said Villa’s real new shirt would be launched in late July or early August.

“We look forward to finalising everything and we will keep our fans updated when we have confirmation of the official launch and on-sale dates,” he said.

The strip saga was the latest kit-astrophe for Villa. Bosses were forced to delay the sale of this season’s home and away outfits because of manufacturing problems.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Rumoured new United kit:

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

The Mash posted:

Rumoured new United kit:

that's really nice, best you've had in years (although the collar is 90s and poo poo)

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

I like it a lot but I almost threw up from those words down below.

Hieronymus Bosch
Feb 26, 2008

The Mash posted:

Rumoured new United kit:

:effort:

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
wait a minute is that a loving thumbprint

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
That's plain as heck - I like it. It could only be improved by removing the stripe from the collar.

Umbriago
Aug 27, 2004

Looks like it fits better than this season's shirt, which is too wide, not long enough with strangely low armholes.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
The only interesting thing about that shirt is the collar, and it sucks

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

poty posted:

The only interesting thing about that shirt is the collar, and it sucks

Didn't they have a collar like that a ways back? I want to say it was when Sharp was their shirt sponsor, but I'm not sure.

e; kinda similar but less so then I had originally thought. Regardless, I actually think the new kit is pretty nice.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi fucked around with this message at 20:09 on May 8, 2011

Daniel
Jan 30, 2004

Dignified.
I like it. I like plain shirts.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

plain t shirt with a badge and sponsor on it for only £45? think i'll have a bit of that.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
New Lyon shirt.

Apparently they wore them on Sunday for the game vs Marseilles, but these are the new home shirts for 11/12.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:
oof those are pretty nasty

gibsonisacripple
Feb 24, 2001

CHAMPIONS
Love both of Carlisle's new kits. Defiantly picking up one of the away shirts when there on sale.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Botany As Optimism
Aug 2, 2008
I see the nascent graphic design trend for using unantialiased copperplate gothic bold is gathering pace.

w00bi
Dec 11, 2004

Seems like

Might be true. Apparently someone found these Adidas kit things, whatever they are.

That last one is funny because of http://flagspot.net/flags/ru_bow.html

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

w00bi posted:

Hold on.

For what

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

w00bi posted:

Hold on.

Okay

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

ibroxmassive posted:

For what

You'll never change what's been and gone.

Nyarlothotep
Apr 14, 2007
Don't fail to see Nyarlathotep if he comes to Providence. He is horrible — horrible beyond anything you can imagine — but wonderful. He haunts one for hours afterward. I am still shuddering at what he showed.

w00bi posted:

Seems like

Do Chelsea not understand the concept of an away kit

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
it looks like a loving tea towel

w00bi
Dec 11, 2004

Nyarlothotep posted:

Not really.

This was last season's "away" kit and the following was the "third"

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Nyarlothotep posted:

The best, as always, is found in MLS.

Also they didn't have a third.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

w00bi posted:

wtf

w00bi
Dec 11, 2004

Chuggo posted:

wtf

You probably don't remember it because Chelsea wore it like 4 times the entire season.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
i remember it (and liked it), what i don't remember is the free hands you get sewn onto it

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past

Azerban posted:

The best, as always, is found in MLS.

Also they didn't have a third.

So what actually happened when they played Toronto for example?

sweek0 fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 10, 2011

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Chuggo posted:

i remember it (and liked it), what i don't remember is the free hands you get sewn onto it

i bought it and mine didn't come with free hands >:-(

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Irn--Bru posted:

i bought it and mine didn't come with free hands >:-(

how did you managed to play your guitar and molest the audience at the same time

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Chuggo posted:

how did you managed to play your guitar and molest the audience at the same time

wtf im not a molester. i love each and every one of those young ladies with all my heart

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

The Flying Clog Wog posted:

So what actually happened when they played Toronto for example?

Who knows since even MLS fans wouldn't watch that game.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Was Taters posted:

New Lyon shirt.

Apparently they wore them on Sunday for the game vs Marseilles, but these are the new home shirts for 11/12.
gently caress that is sexy

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

w00bi posted:

Not really.

This was last season's "away" kit and the following was the "third"

I bet adidas holds a yearly internship competition on how to make the most hideous and ghastly garments for english football teams

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.
people need to stop making kits that aren't symmetrical

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Grievo posted:

people need to stop making kits that aren't symmetrical

you want centred badges?

Adbot