Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
What the hell is the trick to getting the proper formID to add an item to your inventory? NONE of my modded weapons/armors/items are console-able on this new run I just started, all I can give myself is whatever the NewVegas.esm offers :argh: I'm pulling the formIDs with NVEdit, which isn't giving me a single error.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Capn Beeb posted:

What the hell is the trick to getting the proper formID to add an item to your inventory? NONE of my modded weapons/armors/items are console-able on this new run I just started, all I can give myself is whatever the NewVegas.esm offers :argh: I'm pulling the formIDs with NVEdit, which isn't giving me a single error.

You're properly incrementing the first two digits, right?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Male Man posted:

You're properly incrementing the first two digits, right?

Yep. Before I started the game I put them all in to notepad for quick referencing. Not a single one works.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

It sounds like you're following the proper process to be honest. If the formID of the item is 0A00193C in FNVEdit then you type player.additem 0A00193C 1 in the console in game. There's no need to increment numbers yourself if you're using FNVEdit because it displays the proper syntax for you.

This is an absolute longshot but are you possibly using a child ESP for a master file that you have deactivated but still sitting in your Data folder? I'm pretty sure that NV itself will activate the master file when it launches (therefore cycling all of the item commands forward) whereas FNVEdit will not.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

SheepNameKiller posted:

It sounds like you're following the proper process to be honest. If the formID of the item is 0A00193C in FNVEdit then you type player.additem 0A00193C 1 in the console in game. There's no need to increment numbers yourself if you're using FNVEdit because it displays the proper syntax for you.

This is an absolute longshot but are you possibly using a child ESP for a master file that you have deactivated but still sitting in your Data folder? I'm pretty sure that NV itself will activate the master file when it launches (therefore cycling all of the item commands forward) whereas FNVEdit will not.
Yeah, loose masters and preorder packs seem to crop up all too often. If something doesn't work I generally just increment the mod ID by 1 and see if it works, then decrement it by 1 and try again. If it's not within +- 2 or 3 then something's gone properly wrong.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
It seems that some pre-order DLC .esp decided to launch despite not being ticked in fomm. Weird.

Oh well, got all my sweet stuff loaded up and ready to go :toot:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

How do I get the DarN UI working properly? I followed the directions, but it still insists on using the game's default font, so it looks like crap.

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.

Mill Village posted:

How do I get the DarN UI working properly? I followed the directions, but it still insists on using the game's default font, so it looks like crap.

Did you edit the .ini and set it to read-only?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Yes, and it still doesn't work.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Mill Village posted:

Yes, and it still doesn't work.

You might have to edit a different ini. Try copying the font stuff to fallout.ini, fallout_prefs.ini AND fallout_default.ini. One of the three will be in your documents folder, the other two are in the game folder.

Pikey
Dec 25, 2004
How well done is the CFW mod? I'm a big fan of the original games so a throwback to the classic weapons sounds like a lot of fun. Are they generally well balanced and implemented? I can't stand my immersion breaking...

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Pikey posted:

How well done is the CFW mod? I'm a big fan of the original games so a throwback to the classic weapons sounds like a lot of fun. Are they generally well balanced and implemented? I can't stand my immersion breaking...

To be honest, not very good. I used them for a while, but having poo poo rear end textures next to Arenovalis' amazing textures breaks MY IMMERSION horribly.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Pikey posted:

Balancewise it's a huge improvement over the FO3 version, but I agree with the textures being bad and looking especially bad next to Arenovalis' stuff.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I would just like to ask why someone would model something original, set it up to animate a certain way in that they actively separated pieces of the model so they could animate and then NOT separate the magazine from the model so it could animate? I would like to know this.

My head hurts from a disease only known as 'The Nexus', it really does.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
I am having a problem where I can't hear anything besides the music and it also seems that Doc Mitchell is skipping all of his lines. Mod issue or something else?

FalloutNV.esm
rePopulated Wasteland.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
The.Armory.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
Purge Cell Buffers.esp
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
Wasteland Defense.esp
UHNV.esp
FreeplayafterMQNVv1_6.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
NewVegasBountiesII.esp
Better Binoculars High.esp
FO3WeaponsRestoration.esp
JRougeRangerCoats4Loot.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
SunnyCompanion.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
NAPA-NV 0.1.esp
LegendaryHunter.esp
The.Armory.Crysis.Pack.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp

Total active plugins: 24
Total plugins: 26

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Coughing Hobo posted:

You might have to edit a different ini. Try copying the font stuff to fallout.ini, fallout_prefs.ini AND fallout_default.ini. One of the three will be in your documents folder, the other two are in the game folder.

I put the font changes in the last two files, but not the first one. It started to work after I did that. Its weird that I would have to change three files for it to work properly, though.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Mill Village posted:

I put the font changes in the last two files, but not the first one. It started to work after I did that. Its weird that I would have to change three files for it to work properly, though.

Depending on your startup process, the game references a different ini upon startup, hence the extra coverage.

I'm probably wrong, but if you start up through the launcher, it reads fallout.ini, but if you skip the launcher (like I do), it reads fallout_prefs.ini. Or something like that. Any ini changes I make I just make to all three, save myself the headache of figuring out which one does which.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gyshall posted:

To be honest, not very good. I used them for a while, but having poo poo rear end textures next to Arenovalis' amazing textures breaks MY IMMERSION horribly.

I thought there was something wrong with a couple of them until I realized they didn't bother texturing some of the guns.

Is there a general high-def texture pack out that's good anywhere? I don't want to install things that change just one or two of them and leaves the rest.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

All the thanks in the world for this. It looks completely badass in-game. :black101:

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!

V!ntar posted:

Guys, does opening the character appearance screen (with showracemenu) affect my character other than in who it looks? I remember that in Fallout 3 it hosed up my perks, so I don't know if it's safe now

EDIT: gently caress it, it still does :( Is there any way to change that poo poo?
EDIT 2: I want to change the sex of my character... I CAN'T HAVE A LESBIAN CANNIBAL AFTER ALL
EDIT 3: Using SexChange seems to work fine... but the pipboy's animation is glitched. Gonna try if removing the pipboy fixes this...
EDIT 4: No it doesn't :(

I believe the Oblivion method still works. Once you've made your changes in the ShowRaceMenu, open the console, hit escape and save your game, then load the game you just saved. I've never tried changing gender using this, but it works fine for changing your appearance otherwise.

Drake Lake
Aug 7, 2003

I'm a respected community leader! A shining pillar of moral strength!
Just got the PC version. Any mods that help with the blotchy, washed out look on faces?

Also, that retexture of That Gun looks great. Awesome job!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Naky posted:

I would just like to ask why someone would model something original, set it up to animate a certain way in that they actively separated pieces of the model so they could animate and then NOT separate the magazine from the model so it could animate? I would like to know this.

My head hurts from a disease only known as 'The Nexus', it really does.

I'd guess that the experience the modder has with the gun in question is with some cheapo airsoft pistol that doesn't have a removable mag. That's why I've always thought so many of the guns are utterly pristine, anyway.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

V!ntar posted:

Guys, does opening the character appearance screen (with showracemenu) affect my character other than in who it looks? I remember that in Fallout 3 it hosed up my perks, so I don't know if it's safe now

EDIT: gently caress it, it still does :( Is there any way to change that poo poo?
EDIT 2: I want to change the sex of my character... I CAN'T HAVE A LESBIAN CANNIBAL AFTER ALL
EDIT 3: Using SexChange seems to work fine... but the pipboy's animation is glitched. Gonna try if removing the pipboy fixes this...
EDIT 4: No it doesn't :(
You can use Showplasticsurgeonmenu, but that won't let you change gender.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Isn't there just the console command "Sexchange" to swap gender?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Edit: Nevermind this post

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 11:00 on May 10, 2011

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

The Lone Badger posted:

Help me with the GECK, I'm being an idiot.

I'm trying to replace the hunting rifle in-game with the one from the old Book of Earache. I've extracted the models from the BSA and made an ESP that sets the weapon to use them. But it's untextured. So I look around the BSA some more and there's no textures in there, only models. I freely admit I don't really understand the relationship betweeen NIFs and DDSs, so could someone let me know what obvious thing I'm overlooking?

Edit: Oops, seperate BSA and stupid naming.
Edit2: Damnit, this is a lot harder than I thought. I'm going to give up.
The nifs have path to a texture in them (e.g. Textures\Mod A\Something.dds). If it's untextured then you're probably not loading the .BSA the textures are in- it needs to have the same name as an active mod to load.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Talkie Toaster posted:

The nifs have path to a texture in them (e.g. Textures\Mod A\Something.dds). If it's untextured then you're probably not loading the .BSA the textures are in- it needs to have the same name as an active mod to load.

I'm extracting the files rather than mess about using BSAs. Shortly after my second edit everything magically started working, so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I've set up the weapon mods correctly.

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

What about the children foo'?

Chronojam posted:

Isn't there just the console command "Sexchange" to swap gender?

showracemenu brings up the character creation thing (press ~ again to close the console) where you can change your gender. I don't know what the deal is in NV but changing race (and I think sex) in F3 broke all your perks so you had to remove them then re-add them.

EDIT: The lighting in that menu is never reflected in the real world, so every single one of my characters looks like a retarded man baby.

Mister Bung fucked around with this message at 12:52 on May 10, 2011

V!ntar
Jul 12, 2010

I'll give you something to die for, baby, let's go insane.

And we can paint the town red, now show me that Crimson Rain.
gently caress it, decided to go with the showracemenu way. Now I need some way to dump my perk list to a txt file, so I don't forget any. Anyone knows how to do that?

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

Started on the Ranger Sequoia..

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

V!ntar posted:

gently caress it, decided to go with the showracemenu way. Now I need some way to dump my perk list to a txt file, so I don't forget any. Anyone knows how to do that?

Write them down?

Just use the old Oblivion method; use showracemenu, make your changes but don't finalize them, and save your game (you may need to close the console for the game to allow you to do so). Reload the save, and you'll have your cosmetic changes without affecting your character in any other way.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Arenovalis posted:

Started on the Ranger Sequoia..

Oh drat :D

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

:woop: Now I have to play since I just bought the weapon on my last save.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Is there a working 'perk every level' mod? Both of the ones I found on the Nexus don't work according to the comments.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Danith posted:

Is there a working 'perk every level' mod? Both of the ones I found on the Nexus don't work according to the comments.
I'm not at home to find out which "perk every level" mod from Nexus I'm currently using but the one I've been using has been pretty solid.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

Danith posted:

I've always used http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34707 and had no issues. Make sure, however, you put it AFTER a level cap mod or you will get levels without perks from then on.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I take it you have Dead Money? Those mods do not work with it for some reason. It should work fine without it, though.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Thanks, I'll try that one. I initially shied away from it because the comments are saying it doesn't work with the DLC which I am planning on getting.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
I had no issues with Dead Money when using the mod I posted. I also used the level cap raise mod that gors to 45(or 46 if you so choose) just in case some other cap mod might be loving it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41749

:woop: